• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    Obtaining loan to purchase an existing business small business

    Obtaining loan to purchase an existing business small business


    Obtaining loan to purchase an existing business

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Curious if anyone went ahead and purchased a business during these times, especially with the SBA paying the first 6 months of the loan, I believe.

    Whats a good way to go about it? Any tips? How long from start to finish with the SBA? I am eyeing a few businesses to buy and want to get into it rather quickly. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/oldcrick
    [link] [comments]

    Employee ghosting = voluntary resignation? [in the US]

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    One of the employees that I had furloughed because of COVID-19 has been non-response since we started back a week ago. I had communications with her days prior to starting and she was ok starting. She has always been a somewhat problematic employee in the past.

    Does her not responding at all equal to resignation? How have you documented this in your personal experience?

    EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if she is trying to continue to benefit of unemployment benefits which I wouldn't blame but at least let me know and don't say you will work and then ghost.

    submitted by /u/montecarlo1
    [link] [comments]

    Here's why businesses can't survive without 'thinking digital'​ in the age of Covid

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    If you think your business can survive post coronavirus without thinking Digital, think again.
    This quick read goes into why businesses need to go digital now more than ever.

    Hopefully, the change to a digital world inspires you, rather than scares you!

    submitted by /u/rishi_khanna
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with completely unreasonable/irrational customers and not end up with a negative online review or viral social media post?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    It would almost be nice to fix their issue and tell them we are gonna do this but you can never come back. However, obviously that wouldn't work either with crazy people. What do you do?

    submitted by /u/burgeroburger
    [link] [comments]

    Chief of Staff?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Hello - I have a 90 employee business. That quickly scaled from startup to small business in less than a year. I tried Executive Assistants and it didn't work for me. Has anyone tried hiring a Chief of Staff? If so - what were your experiences?

    submitted by /u/sanfrancisco1233
    [link] [comments]

    How can I help my mom with her pinata shop?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    So my mom has had a party supply store for about 20 years but due to the pandemic she sadly had to sell it for half she paid for and now she wants to focus on the one thing that made her money, her piñatas. She makes them herself and does custom requests but she is not tech savvy in the slightest so doesn't know how to build an online shop. How can I set up a good way for her to get herself out there and advertise her piñatas?

    Sorry if I did not provide enough information, but if you need more detail I am happy to answer. Thank you for reading and any help would he greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Slabberdack
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best bank to use for a small business just getting started?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    Hello. I am starting an e-commerce website with my friend, and we are at the point where we are ready to open up an account. My question is, which bank do you all use for your small businesses accounts? And why do you use them? I have been looking online and suntrust seems to be the best I can find so far as they waive fees for 12 months and then all you have to do to avoid fees is make 5 transactions a month on the card. Also has the smallest fee. Ultimately I'm just looking for some advice on which bank you all go through and why you chose them. Or should I go to a credit union and if so which one and why?

    submitted by /u/MathBlur
    [link] [comments]

    S.B.A. E.I.D.L.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    For those who applied and were offered the SBA EIDL, could you verify if this website, https://covid19relief1.sba.gov/Account/Login, is legitimate? I received an e-mail from the SBA telling me to go to this website to create my account, but I cannot determine if it is a scam.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/xkyle95
    [link] [comments]

    What's your small business?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, just wondered what sort of business you are all doing?

    I have just set up an architectural firm but a one man band right nkw. I plan to start part time and as I build a reputation (I just moved) then I can scale it.

    submitted by /u/gastontrimballs
    [link] [comments]

    Might have messed up an employee. Had an employee who told me he was leaving my area in 3 weeks. I told him I had to hire new people in that case. I cant afford to keep him on and train his replacement. Now he’s trying to claim UI.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    What should I/can I do?

    submitted by /u/nonoboyes
    [link] [comments]

    A few tips and tricks to save you time!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    U.K. folk - do I need a license to sell coffee on the street?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    I want to start operating a small coffee vendor business. Roll up in the morning, sell coffee to people on the way to work, then pack up and go home.

    Do I need licenses? If I do, what sort and how do I get them?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/anonanon863
    [link] [comments]

    Calling all micro (or small) enterprise entrepreneurs!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey reddit!

    I'm a graduate student (in Branding Communications) and have chosen entrepreneurs with micro-enterprises for the overarching topic for my graduate degree. For an exam, I have been asked to build a brand, find the target market and do primary research. My target market is entrepreneurs who own micro (or small) enterprises.

    If there is anyone who fits this description and has time to complete my survey, your participation would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfviV7bpaTHJmo1o-sIAbTXh_xp-YVLhpylDveaqzWvztve-w/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

    submitted by /u/complex_kat
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on shipping

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Am i the only one clueless on shipping? It may be something that i have to just do to finally get it. Im just starting a local small business and have been driving within my city once a week to drop off orders but thats obviously not efficient. What are some helpful shipping tips for dummies? I feel clueless.

    submitted by /u/pokerblossom
    [link] [comments]

    Payment Processor May Have Been Overcharging For Years

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    We're a small SaaS + e-commerce company that used to conduct around 200-400 transactions a month. We've been hit hard by the COVID economy, and so I've had some extra time on my hands to dig into all aspects of our business.

    I noticed this week that we'd been charged about $200 more than what we should have been from our payment processor. So, I did a quick 'audit' over the past three months. If my calculations are correct, we've potentially been overcharged around $2500 for transactions. Our contract states that we will be charged between 2 - 3.4%, which is dependent on the card the customer used. I took this into account, as well as any refunds that were given. All signs point to that we've been overcharged. Potentially for a long while now.

    Ask: While I could go line by line for all transactions since we started a few years ago with this processor, I'd like to use a professional to ensure I don't mess this up. Would that be a bookkeeper or CPA? I have reached out to the payment processor, but haven't received a response yet - it has only been three business days with one follow-up email.
    If the bookkeeper/CPA confirms that we've been overcharged, what is the best path for me to secure what we are owed? Is this lawyer up territory?

    p.s. I know I messed up by not catching this earlier. It's not an excuse, but the reason why this might have been going on for so long was that the majority of our profit came from MRR, and the small profit we made from each sale was saved for a rainy day fund. Well, it's been raining for a few months now, that fund is getting low, and we may be owed a meaningful amount.

    submitted by /u/AccountForACat
    [link] [comments]

    How do you start selling a service once you have a business idea?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    I have a business idea but don't quiet know how to proceed. Should I do market research, then found brand create a website and then. try to sell the service. Or should I start trying to sell the service and build the rest as demand rises?

    I am also confused as building a business the traditional way would require yo spend a lot of time planning how the business would operate without knowing whether there is enough demand for my product.

    submitted by /u/Putinamia
    [link] [comments]

    Online bank that is NOT Azlo?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    Who have you used and recommend? I tried setting up an account with Azlo and they're idiots. They keep insisting that my business address is a P.O. Box, mail service, or virtual address, despite it being a legal physical address. My articles of incorporation and federal licensure say otherwise, and I had a Chase business account so they're missing some critical information for a bank that wants to cater to startups and online businesses.

    Chase nickle and dimed me to death, and I don't have the need for a B&M bank which is why I'm looking at online only. I'd consider a B&M bank that's lean and doesn't charge you to breathe.

    I appreciate your help in advance!

    submitted by /u/businessstuffnthings
    [link] [comments]

    How to incorporate charity into your business?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    How do you incorporate a charity element into your business? I have a product that I'm about to start selling and I'd like to give a portion of the money to a non-profit. Since my business is travel related, my audience is worldwide. I'd love to support a local charity that I'm personally involved with - however, I don't know if I should be looking at a larger scale charity that is somehow travel related?! Or could I have 2 options so that people could choose where their donation is going? Any thoughts or feedback would be super appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tgbwsxujm
    [link] [comments]

    Business Idea

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Can I create a business centered around creating pitch decks and Business Plans?

    submitted by /u/Ecossentials
    [link] [comments]

    AVAILABLE LOANS

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Hi, do you have any idea where to get loans if you're not qualified to get in banks...?? Thank you! We applied for SBA loans, though we got EIDL, however we don't find it enough to recover from our loss. And unfortunately were not qualified for PPP too. Hope you guys can help. Thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/giansucuangco123
    [link] [comments]

    What is your policy with abandoned orders?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    We sell trees, from seedlings to larger trees.

    What do you do when a person has paid for an order, but hasn't picked it up after several notifications?

    A: Return the item to stock and try to sell it to someone else before it dies. (E.g. Asparagus crowns)

    B: Return the item to stock, but keep it flagged for that customer? For how long? How do you keep from reselling it?

    Do you credit them any part of the purchase toward a future order?

    submitted by /u/SGBotsford
    [link] [comments]

    Boxes for shipping product?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a place to order cardboard boxes? I'm looking for a better way to ship product and have been using padded envelopes but would like to switch to boxes. Canada preferred but USA is also fine.

    submitted by /u/whatimhereforis
    [link] [comments]

    Would love some feedback on my business website. Looking to take it to the next level.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Hi all - I'm in my second year of business for my online business (a women's clothing boutique). I'm constantly trying to improve it and grow, and am really eager to get it to the next level. I feel like I've had some success with sales and am figuring out what advertising method is working the best. I've found that promoted pins on Pinterest are giving me the best success for traffic. I'm really looking to continue to increase my conversion. It's not bad but I would like to increase it even more. I'm always looking to improve my website, and would love any feedback anyone has. Here is my site: www.shoplindseybrooke.com. Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/shoplindseybrooke
    [link] [comments]

    Desperate for Feedback on Failing Sock Brand

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I run a tiny online fashion business and I'm struggling to sell a brand of colorful socks with motivational quotes which I thought were pretty good and at a price that's in line with the competition (£12 a pair). I've listed them on all the relevant marketplaces I'm aware of: ebay, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook Marketplace, but to no success.

    Here's some links to a few of my listings (I'm based in the UK): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Happy-Funny-Ankle-Socks-with-Motivational-Quotes-Great-Gift-for-Men-Ladies/184209319054, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0899NHRG5?ref=myi_title_dp, https://www.depop.com/products/woondering-fun-ankle-height-socks-with-the/

    Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong??

    submitted by /u/konmari523
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment