• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    Charged fees by broker and insurer for cancellation? Insurance

    Charged fees by broker and insurer for cancellation? Insurance


    Charged fees by broker and insurer for cancellation?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Hi

    Not sure if this is an ok place to post this?

    (From the UK)

    I took out car insurance with a site called performance direct, on their site it says within 14 days the cancellation fee is £25. My insurance was £380 annual price and I cancelled after 3 days, I was charged a cancellation fee of £80. They said they acted as a broker and they charged £25 for the cancellation and on top of that my actual insurer (LV) charged £55. Is this fair that both the broker and insurer are charging me with cancellation fees I can't see anything about it on the internet. £80 seems so excessive considering I cancelled within the 14 day period.

    submitted by /u/uhavepoo_on_ur_face
    [link] [comments]

    Got orthodontics in March, haven't seen a claim on my dental insurance. Is this normal?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    TLDR; went to the ortho twice in March but haven't seen a claim on my dental insurance (MetLife). Shouldn't there be some kind of notification of receipt of the claims?

    I visited an ortho twice this past March for work. The office closed the day of my second visit because of covid19. After a month, I checked my dental insurance and noticed there wasn't a claim for either visit. Here's what I did in response:

    • I emailed the office on 4/23. The doctor replied saying she would leave a note for the insurance coordinator so she could file the claim the following week.
    • On 5/18, I called my insurance (MetLife) and they told me they didn't receive a claim from the ortho. So I emailed the office again. This time, the doctor said they haven't reopened yet so the insurance coordinator hadn't been in to file it. She was expected to be back on 5/26 and file it that week.
    • 6/8, still nothing on my insurance. I called the office and the coordinator wasn't in. I was told that processing could take a while (up to 30 days).

    My question is, if the claim was filed, shouldn't I at least see it on my account? I get it if it's taking a while to process due to covid19. Should I be worried or do I need to wait? I want to call the office and speak with the coordinator, but I want to be sure I'm not overreacting. Btw, I had my routine cleaning from my dentist the week before my ortho visit and that claim was processed the next day on my account. This is why I'm surprised nothing has shown up yet.

    submitted by /u/ughhhfme
    [link] [comments]

    UnitedHealthcare partially denying coverage even though my policy covers it

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Unfortunately my wife has stage 4 cancer and is losing her hair due to chemo treatments. Back in March we started looking in to getting her a wig and I check with UHC on what my policy covered and didn't cover since I knew based on research these seem to be tricky claims. I called UHC and walked through in specific detail what I needed to do and what was and was not covered. I was told that after deductible (which we have already hit our out of pocket maximum) that I would pay 10% coinsurance since this would be an out of network claim and they would pay the rest at the billed amount. I of course asked about restrictions or maximums on what that billed amount is or if only certain wigs were covered and they assured me there were no limits. I would need to submit a receipt with what we paid for as well as the respective claim codes, etc etc. As you can imagine since I'm writing this, they partially denied my claim. The total for the wig was $2700 and they have only approved $349 of that amount. I called to ask why and the reason they gave is because of something called a "shared savings program" apparently and that program dictates what is allowed to be reimbursed. Obviously this was never brought up on my original call and that frustrates me greatly. The rep did say that since my policy says it covers the billed amount that they may be able overturn it and reimburse at 90%. Here is the relevant text of the letter:

    You asked us to look at this claim again. We reviewed the claim and determined it was processed correctly. AS PER IBAAG:WIGS:OUT-OF-NETWORK BENEFITS 10% CO-INSURANCE, AFTER YOU PAY THE DEDUCTIBLE, THE CLAIM SHOULD HONOR A BILLED CHARGE AND NOT REDUCE FOR R&C.SSP ALLOWABLE ON THIS CLAIM,WE CANNOT OVERTURN THE SSP ALLOWABLE AS PER IBAAG R&C DOES NOT EXIST,BUT CLAIM IS PAID WITH SSP ALLOWABLE NO ADJ NEEDED

    Which has so much industry jargon that I guess is short for my appeal was denied. I called back this morning and they are telling me that I have to deal with some 3rd party company (DataIsight) to question the amount with the provider (a wig store) and that if the wig store won't agree to reimburse me (spoiler, they definitely wont) then DataIsight will get back with UHC and UHC will look at the claim again?

    I'm beyond frustrated. The wig isn't for fun dress up, my wife is losing her hair and the time and attention to chase down $2,000+ that I believe is owed to me is weighing on me more every day. It really feels like UHC is doing everything possible not to provide me with the benefits I am entitled to based on my policy.

    So ultimately I guess my question is, do I have any other recourse or should I just go through this DataIsight company and continue to chase this down? If so, do I have any real hope on this claim or should I set my expectations accordingly?

    We are in the United States in Kansas as far as location goes if that matters. Thanks for any direction or advice anyone may have.

    submitted by /u/buckbuckles
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for Insurance Sales Advisor position interview

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm new to Reddit, so sorry if I'm breaking any rules. I have an interview coming up with a partner agent of Plymouth Rock Assurance (auto and home insurance) and was wondering if anyone could offer tips on what to expect during the phone interview as far as interview questions & suitable answers. Also, how do I find out if this is an MLM? I've been approached by so many and am weary of getting trapped into one.

    I'm a recent college grad who worked two years part time as an admin assistant in an auto insurance office, so I have some background. I've done smaller policies (SAIP) as well as adjustments to policies our clients had such as adding/removing a vehicle or driver, and helping with property damage and accident claims. I have general knowledge where I was able to keep clients in the know as far as their policies and upcoming payments/renewals/cancellations. And of course I've done typical admin work.

    Lastly, is this a good start career-wise coming out of college? I didn't mind the part-time work I did and sometimes even enjoyed it.

    submitted by /u/zxay98
    [link] [comments]

    Hello all, home owners insurance question. USAA vs, State Farm

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    I have had USAA for over 20 years for auto insurance and my last home I had USAA insure my home. I am going to buy a new home and have gotten a few quotes. Bottom line State Farm is half the cost of USAA. I know that USAA has great service, but is it worth paying twice the price of State Farm that is also pretty decent. I have also noticed that USAA's auto insurance has become more and more expensive. Anyone here have experience with these companies and is it worth paying 100 more a month for USAA? I am buying in Cass county, Nebraska.

    submitted by /u/wtg2320
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Agent to Underwriting

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    Do many agents end up transitioning into underwritting? I've currently got a job as an insurance agent lined up but I would like to ultimately work as an underwriter in this industry. I have past experience as a paralegal in which I researched investment properties and debtors for investors at a law firm, and I figure if I get to know the insurance industry for a few years at an agency I might be a good underwriting candidate. Am I way off?

    submitted by /u/NineBeanSalad
    [link] [comments]

    increase coverage car insurance ?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    I have 100/300/100

    don't own a house but I have some money in IRA and saving account

    should I increase my car coverage in case something happen so they don't take money from my savings ?

    submitted by /u/Sonder-overmorrow
    [link] [comments]

    FLORIDA- will my rate go down if I pay my car loan in full?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    Lost our health insurance

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    My husband forgot to pay our insurance premium, and we just got notified that we no longer have health insurance. It was an Anthem plan that was grandfathered when Obamacare came into being, so there is no way we can get it back now. I am trying really hard not to be angry that he forgot to pay the premium during a f'ing pandemic. And I am wondering what our options are at this point. I guess we can't sign up for Obamacare until the end of the year. Any advice? I'm in Colorado, USA.

    submitted by /u/freckledhiker
    [link] [comments]

    Turning in a title after the vehicle is wrecked.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    In North Carolina, my nephew had a wreck on April 7th, the car was totaled and he was sent a check (value of the vehicle). We spoke to the agent about canceling our insurance (Travelers) through them because the car was totaled and we are going with another insurance company. I know to cancel a policy we have to turn in the plate of the vehicle. Most DMVs near us are either closed or open for limited services. On May 4, 2020, Governor Cooper extended expiration dates (5 months) for N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles credentials, such as driver licenses and Transporter plates. Traveler's is trying to charge us for the month of April and May for a vehicle that is totaled. Is there any scenario where if we turn in the plate and discuss our case with travelers that we won't have to pay for it since we are in the middle of a pandemic and going to the DMV is not the easiest thing to do right now? I know there is probably a lot of steps we could of done to be pro-active but I just learned about this all today and trying to guide him in the right steps.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EightLeggedDesign
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement Cost Insurance

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    My house caught fire yesterday and we met with insurance adjuster today. She kept saying she'd need a list of all personal property, the value, and age so they could determine how much we were owed. She was talking as if she needed a depreciated value, but we have full replacement cost insurance. Questions-

    Why does she need an age for each item? How is RC paid out? I'm being told by friends that I'll have to purchase all new things and will be reimbursed via RC after the fact. But if I can't afford to replace all of my belongings without insurance money then how does this work?

    Edit: I'm in Virginia with Farm Bureau.

    submitted by /u/K9Hera
    [link] [comments]

    Car Hit Fence and I Hit Debris From Destroyed Fence

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I live in North Carolina. About two weeks ago, a car ran into a wooden picket fence in front of our house and shattered it into a pile of rubble. We've been told by the landlord that he's waiting on the adjuster to come inspect the fence before it's cleaned up. We've had a ton of rain so I really needed to cut my grass. I did my best to avoid the fence debris. I hit a piece of wood that got wedged into my rear axle. I thought it was ok but I noticed that I started having black tracks (looked like mud) and smelled a burning oil smell. Upon further inspection, the right transaxle has cracked and leaked a thick gear oil all over my rear tire.

    I attempted to call the insurance company representing the individual who ran into my fence. Long story short, they are saying my mower cannot be covered by this claim because the accident happened after the initial accident. I called again, and the company that is representing the car driver is also who I have a renter's policy with. This time they said I have to file it under my renter's policy and pay a $500 deductible. I called one last time and asked to speak with a supervisor. She's saying that it's my landlord's fault because he did not clean up the debris and my fault because I ran over the debris.

    Any help? Am I going to have to go the small claims route? I don't see in what universe this shouldn't be covered by the guy who hit the fence.

    submitted by /u/thewatchtrunk
    [link] [comments]

    (UK) Should I claim through insurance?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    Hi, I passed my test in September last year so I'm still quite new to all the car insurance claims and stuff.

    What basically happened is, I was on a road that could only fit one car, it had passing places. I had come around the corner and a red AUDI was beside a passing place (White sign in the distance) but didn't turn into it, and just continued to drive straight towards me. He forced me to drive off the road which made my wheel dip caused my alloys to get scraped and a rattle to start under the car.

    I'm really just looking for some people's opinion if it's worth claiming for and the chances of having a strong claim. I have dashcam footage which is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CJmbSC0wWc).

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/rosslindsay123
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance Repair Issues

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    So I recently got into an accident at my own fault, car needs repairs. I was talking to an adjuster and was told I could take car anywhere I want but it is likely that unless its 'insurance approved' body shop, the claim will be denied due to inflated pricing and I would be sent to their 'approved shop'.

    Is this really true? Basically a false option of choice to the insured? They can't tell you to go to their shop but will drag it out and force you to go by denying claims from other shops that are non-network?

    USA, TX

    submitted by /u/PEROKETANO
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Back in 2019 a car reversed into mine from the council and accepted liability. I wasn't in the car at the time it was parked up.

    I have ended my policy with my current insurance who told me I have 2 years no claims and will send letter in post. So I started my new insurance with quote me happy and they asked for proof of 2 years no claims.

    I chased my previous insurance again and they emailed me a copy only to find it shows 1 year no claims bonus.

    I asked them about it and they said. They are awaiting payment for the non fault claim from the third party. So it shows as a "fault" claim till they get paid They are unsure why its been over a year and why nobody has chased it up Now my new insrusnce want my 2 years proof by the 20th of this month or they will cancel my policy which will make it a huge issue for me as it would show a cancellation on my record for something that's not my fault .

    They have said to get my new insurance to get in contact with them. But my new insurance doesn't have any call centers or anything so I don't think they will.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/SafTheOne
    [link] [comments]

    Switching insurances

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I (21m) needed to know if it is good to switch insurances before my policy ends? (3 months till my policy ends) And should i switch before canceling my current insurance provider?

    submitted by /u/tDude0723
    [link] [comments]

    Another tree question

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    We had a couple of high winds events blow through last week. Apparently one of them brought part of a tree (on my property) down across the property line. I do not know exactly when, my neighbor has not said anything to me. I noticed it today as I was cutting my grass. Neighbor is not home now.

    The tree my have damaged my chain link fence (not a concern), but it did damage the neighbor's trampoline and possibly a play set; I couldn't see it from my vantage point today.

    I understand the neighbor and/or his insurance is responsible, since the tree was/is otherwise healthy and I had no reason to suspect it would come down. I was going to offer to take my chainsaw over and help get rid of it. When I mentioned this to a friend, he cautioned me that it could open me up to liability in some way. I suppose if more damage occurred while doing the the cleanup?

    Relations with this neighbor are minimal, wave Hi if we see each other. My wife spoke to him a few times when his dog escaped and he came on my property to retrieve him. In no way do I know him well enough to know if he'd try to hold me responsible if something did happen.

    So now I'm wondering if I should offer help or not?

    submitted by /u/kc_nj
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a new policy with an upcoming move to a different state?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble figuring out the best option for my situation, so I was hoping to get some suggestions here. Thanks in advance!

    I haven't owned a car since 2013. I've lived in a major city, so I've been using zipcar/rental cars when I occasionally needed a car. However, I'm moving out of my current city at the end of this summer. I'll need a car to get to my new location and for use while I'm there. I'm currently car shopping, and I think I'll be able to purchase something within the next week.

    I'm a bit confused about my insurance options, though. I don't currently have a policy, so I can't just add this new car. I'll need to purchase a policy when I purchase the car. But I'm planning to move out of state within a couple months, so policies covering me in my current state for six months/a year don't make a lot sense to me. Is this a situation where a temporary policy would be a good bet? Should I price shop and then contact insurance agents to explain the situation?

    Are there any other options I'm not thinking of?

    submitted by /u/Aniewendy
    [link] [comments]

    How long after an accident will it be visible on my driving record?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Just posted a little bit ago, but here I am again. I pulled my driving record yesterday because I am shopping around. As in my last post, I stated that I was not sure if my accident that was not reported to the insurance would have ended up on my driving record because there was a police report. Anyways, my driving record was clean, there was nothing on the record. However, are accidents reported on the driving record posted only after renewal dates or immediately after? I renew in two months and I've been paranoid about this for a while!

    submitted by /u/InadequateNephew
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find help reviewing our insurance policy

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    We live on several hundred acres in the mountains of northern California in a very high fire risk area. Two years ago (prior to the Camp fire) our long term insurer dropped us. We scrambled and eventually obtained an insurance policy through a US based agency underwritten by Lloyd's of London. Our cost for insurance actually quadrupled. Our insurer is not licensed in California, they are a "non-admitted" or "surplus line" insurer. It specifically states that there are no guarantees that funds will be fully available if the insurer becomes insolvent.

    Is there any kind of service out there where my policy could be reviewed? We pay more for insurance than property taxes and I would like to know if I have a good policy.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rward40
    [link] [comments]

    Punished for "lapsed" insurance when I didn't have a car

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Last year my car was totaled. The accident was no fault of my own and I received a reasonable amount from the insurance company. I decided to try going car-free by taking public transportation and Uber, and of course I cancelled the insurance for the car I no longer had. I was car-free for a year but I am now looking to buy a car. I called my insurance company to see what the process is for driving a car off the lot, and that said they anticipate difficulties (and high prices) for insuring me again because of a "lapse" in coverage. So, WTF. My driving record has been spotless. Is there any recourse, and are there insurance companies that are not going to punish me for not having a car? EDIT: I'm in Colorado USA.

    submitted by /u/SaveElephantsNow
    [link] [comments]

    CA SDI how to get DE 2501 Form Part B to give to Physician

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    I filed a claim online for state disability a few days ago. I called my physician so they could complete and submit form B on the edd website, but they said that they only do physical forms. Will the form I need to give my physician come in the mail or is it something I need to print out?

    submitted by /u/throwaway12131111
    [link] [comments]

    [TX] If a police report is filed, is it automatically reported to the insurance, even when neither one of us involved our insurances (paid out of pocket?)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I can't believe I'm still worried about this, but here goes. In February I rear ended a woman. Relevant info:

    • The accident happened RIGHT AFTER I renewed my policy
    • The police were called: all they did was check for valid insurance, and said that we could 'handle it by a civil manner'(meaning, not using our insurance)
    • We agreed that I would send her money to cover the damage and so that she would not call the insurance at all.
    • I never received any letters, phone calls or emails notifying me of a claim filed, so I assume she ended up not calling the insurance

    My question is this though: since the police filed a report, will the insurance find out even though nobody's insurance was involved? I renew the policy in August and I don't want to be in for a nasty surprise!

    submitted by /u/InadequateNephew
    [link] [comments]

    UK Car Insurance Claim

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    I'm about to inherit a car from a family member who has a short period left to live.

    The car was damaged last year after another car went into the back of the family member. Both the third party and family member agreed that third party would pay and bypass insurance. Family member never bothered getting round to fixing it as it was only light damage.

    Knowing I'm going to inherit the car and I already have a car, I'll be selling the car. Is it legal/ethical to claim on the family members current car insurance to get the damage fixed before they pass away?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SaltyAdministration5
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance lapse on my dad

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Hello! My dad passed away in February and I'm beginning to finalize his estate and I just got hit with a huge medical bill from his hospice care. This was a big surprise because I thought he was under cobra during this time. Turns out it lapsed in January and nobody knew. It took insurance this long to start kicking bills back, hell some even got approved for February that they are seeking refund for.

    Dad did not believe in auto payments, which worked until he got bedridden and on some heavy meds. I have submitted an improper termination request with the company but do I have any hope here? I offered to pay February and a late fee but they just told me to submit the form. I pleaded the case of not knowing but maybe that's going to fall on deaf ears. Looking for some opinions on if I should begin prepping the estate for a big hit or at least what may occur.

    Edit: in nc if it matters

    submitted by /u/Pow500
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment