• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 31, 2020

    Misconceptions about insurance and general ignorance being spread regarding the riots Insurance

    Misconceptions about insurance and general ignorance being spread regarding the riots Insurance


    Misconceptions about insurance and general ignorance being spread regarding the riots

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Insurance adjuster here. I work in homeowners liability only right now but I used to do commercial. The amount of people on reddit and other social media saying "Who cares about the damage insurance will cover it?"

    That's not how insurance works... You file a claim your premiums go up. If you've had too many claims you get dropped. Some businesses especially small businesses carry liability only and no contents coverage.

    And lastly, all business insurance carries a deductible...

    submitted by /u/wessneijder
    [link] [comments]

    Got hit by a car (pedestrian) insurance is saying they don't think I needed to go to the ER...

    Posted: 31 May 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I have MagnaCare, and basically what happened was I was crossing the street (in a crosswalk, had a signal, checked first, etc) and a car made a left turn without looking and hit me. I got taken to the hospital in an ambulance, and while insurance covered other things they're only covering about $900 of my $5000 ER bill. In their notes they said that it's not "clear" that I needed medical attention, despite all of my paperwork being labeled as car vs pedestrian (well, the professional version, I can't remember it exactly).

    I want to make sure I go to my insurance with all the proof, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get my hands on the police report in time. Would the hospital be able to resubmit their claim, and if they reiterate that I was hit by a car do you think that will be sufficient? Insurance covered all of my physical therapy, ambulance, and later MRIs I needed, so I do believe that they know it was necessary that I go to the ER... It's just a matter of "convincing" them of what they already know so that they pay, since I'm only supposed to have a waaaay smaller copay on ER visits.

    edit bc bot: United States / NY

    submitted by /u/throwawayjkunless
    [link] [comments]

    Insuring business investments

    Posted: 31 May 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    hi everyone, I own a business and have used some of the profits to make investments. I wanted to ask if there is an insurance product or insurance provider that can insure these types of investments? They are gold with an online company, plus stock. The company and its investments are located and registered in the USA.

    Thanks in advance

    Edited to add location.

    submitted by /u/6ixlimited
    [link] [comments]

    My car was totaled by someone who ran a stop sign and even though they filed the claim, they are non compliant.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    So, I had an accident occur earlier this week. I lent my car to my dad, because his needs to get fixed, so it is currently at the mechanic. He was coming up a street to get home where he had the right of way, across an intersection. When he was passing this street that intersected with where he was traveling, the street he was passing had a stop sign but he did not. A teenager who only had his license for less than 6 months ran the sign and hit my car, and now it is totaled. Luckily, everyone is okay.

    Teenager is under his parents insurance and the car also belongs to his parents. The parents filed the claim, I'm assuming, but now we're running into the issue where it appears they are being non-compliant giving a statement to their insurance company so a liability investigation can begin. I think they are aware this is clearly their fault (and I'm just saying that). I have filed a claim with my insurance as well, and I'm really trying NOT to go through them. I'm also still waiting on an accident report. If they are non-compliant, can this cause the claim to be denied? What other recourse do I have here?

    I am in Pennsylvania, by the way. And they are a no-fault state. Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/anonymous_trash
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance coverage for riot based damages?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    Hello all, I hope I am in the right subreddit. I have a question regarding the buildings and businesses that are being impacted by the riots after the killing of George Floyd. This is purely out of curiosity. Is it safe to assume that most if not all businesses impacted by the riots have insurance covering these types of events? Would any coverage also include loss of wages for employers and employees due to the loss during a rebuild/repair? And as a stretch, is it possible that any sort of payout is based on normal market "rates" meaning that they could potentially earn more during a slower market like now? Please forgive formatting issues as im a mobile user. Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/Superaltusername
    [link] [comments]

    Determining Dwelling & Personal Property values

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Hello, I just started paying attention to my homeowner's insurance and I'm thinking of shopping around again. I went with the highest rated insurance (Amica) when I first got homeowners insurance and I just kind of went with whatever they said. Probably should have educated myself better.

    I'm noticing two things that vary wildly between quotes: Dwelling coverage and personal property coverage. I'm trying to level the playing field here to see who is really giving me good premiums. I'm wondering how I should go about establishing a fair value for both of these coverages? Is there a quick and easy method, or should I just reach out to an independent broker and have them make their own valuations?

    submitted by /u/kendrickshalamar
    [link] [comments]

    Best renter’s insurance in NYC (damage/theft from riots/protests; high coverage of jewelry)

    Posted: 30 May 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    Can someone recommend the best affordable renter's insurance that covers theft/damage from riots/protests, and also high property coverage for jewelry?

    submitted by /u/thestonerosette
    [link] [comments]

    Riot exclusions

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Is it common for commercial or personal lines fire policies to have a riot exclusion?

    Just genuinely curious. I've seen 5+ GoFundMe pages for businesses near the riot right now and thought this would be covered under their insurance (assuming they had any)

    submitted by /u/plsGoAwayOk
    [link] [comments]

    Car damaged from riots.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    I work downtown pretty close to where the riots and protest were happening. I came back from work with my windows smashed and vandalized. I'm going to file a police report in the morning, but I'm sure they have a lot of other things to work on. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Shadowcloneant
    [link] [comments]

    What are the odds of insurance premiums rising for commercial properties due to all the vandalism happening throughout the country???

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    I live in Los Angeles and seeing all these protest happening is making me wonder if insurance companies will raise premiums on commercial properties??? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/GwnWest19
    [link] [comments]

    Should and urgent care visit be over $400?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, and if it isn't please direct me where to post.

    When I was on spring break in Florida back at the beginning of March, I contracted strep throat and visited an urgent care facility. They performed a rapid strep test on me, but it came back negative. I was was not given any further treatment since I was otherwise fine and they told me they'd send the sample over to a lab for further testing. When they called I was told it was strep B, but by the time they finally called I was back at home in Ohio and my infection was almost completely cleared, so I didn't need any further treatment.

    I received a bill in the mail from the urgent care for over $400. So I called to figure out what was going on because I felt as if that price was extremely excessive. After multiple days of going back and forth between my insurance and the billing center, I was told that supposedly the urgent care sent "incorrect information" to my insurance and the place of service was invalid (?) and my insurance wasn't covering anything because of this.

    Now we're to present day, and I have received this revised bill in the mail for over $200. It seems like my insurance covered $205 after I called, but I feel as though even if I didn't have health insurance my bill shouldn't have been so expensive, am I wrong? I've asked for an itemization from the urgent care to determine what the charges were for.

    submitted by /u/Nicole_C2121
    [link] [comments]

    Rental Car got Windshield chip

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Hello, I got rear-ended and lawyered up, I was able to get a rental car while my car was in the shop because the at-fault driver's insurance company was cooperating to pay out my vehicle (total loss) anyways her insurance provided me a rental car. I only had to pay for the refundable deposit and gas. I was driving on the highway and a rock flew and chipped the windshield. How should I go with this? I used my Chase Sapphire Preferred and they have renters insurance, I have State Farm limited liability as well. I declined the enterprise insurance because it was very pricey. Should I 1. Use CHase rental insurance or 2. My personal State Farm? My lawyer said its no big deal I would call Chase.

    submitted by /u/_kingfelix
    [link] [comments]

    Hit and run inside my apartment complex. Positive of offender. Best course of action?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm just looking for advice on how exactly to respond to my situation as I've never been involved in anything like this.

    My apartment complex is gated, but over the last month or so they've been leaving the gates open. As a result, there have been people that do not live here coming on to the property to rummage through the trash. Unfortunately, where I park my truck is right next to this area and a lot of u-turns are made after people dump their trash.

    At first, I assumed the damage was from a resident just dumping off their trash. Until today when I arrived home to find a white van parked next to the trash compactor. As soon as I got out of my truck, I noticed the driver of this van was eyeballing me pretty hard..and that's when it kind of clicked that this might be the van. I decided to grab take out some trash to get a better look, but as soon as I walked that direction he was already driving off. Although, I managed to see that he had damage on his front right bumper that was consistent with the damage/paint left on my rear bumper(consistent with a u-turn).

    Before he drove off, I managed to snag his license plate. I've since looked up the vehicle information as(as I work at a dealership) and confirmed that the plates match the vehicle. And now I guess I just don't know where to go from here..or if its even worth doing anything.

    It's a chrome bumper and the damage could likely be banged out for less than $500. It's possible this person don't have any insurance/money. I'm not sure it's even worth a police report. And I'm also not sure if I should try to pass the buck to my apartment complex. I'm definitely going to make them aware of the non-residents repeatedly getting onto the property, but part of me wants to put some blame on them. This is just everything I've been thinking as I rationalize my next step(if any).

    Overall, I kinda of just want to ignore it and fix my bumper. But I also want to make sure this won't happen again. This is in Texas, by the way.

    Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome.

    submitted by /u/Animal-Crackers
    [link] [comments]

    Life Insurance Licensing & Permission to "Discuss" Life Insurance

    Posted: 30 May 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    When they say you're supposed to have a "life insurance license to solicit insurance" what does solicit mean? Does it mean that everyday people aren't legally allowed to discuss life insurance and encourage the purchase of a policy?

    More specifically, if someone wanted to post an Instagram story saying, for instance, "covid was scary. don't take chances - buy life insurance" would this somehow be illegal without having a license?

    submitted by /u/rojotri
    [link] [comments]

    Can I insure and register a car with just my learners permit?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    I'm getting a car with a auto loan so I need full coverage. (Florida)

    submitted by /u/USA631
    [link] [comments]

    My boyfriend got in 2 accidents in the past year (one that totaled his car) How can he get insurance again?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I really need some help. My boyfriend really needs to start driving again, but his record is preventing him from getting car insurance. He got in 2 accidents (one where he ran into a tree, and a car accident that totaled his car.) he also has 2 tickets (one speeding and one failure to avoid an accident, he amended the other one he had). It's almost been a whole year without him driving at all, since the accident that totaled his car was in August 2019. He's 20 years old and got his license when he was 18. Is there anything we can do to make his rates go down or to be insured period? Any low cost insurance companies that insure drivers with bad driving records? Can I insure him? Any help is appreciated!!!! I'm desperate.

    EDIT: he lives in Olathe, Kansas.

    submitted by /u/peaxchiie
    [link] [comments]

    WA, Lady ran a red light, her insurance wants my boyfriend to take 45% of the blame

    Posted: 30 May 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Hi everybody. Need some advice here please on behalf of my boyfriend. I also posted this to r/legaladvice.

    A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend and I were driving, as these things go, into an intersection, when our light turns yellow. Who knows why, but a lady to our left decides to run her red light, causing us to crash into her. My boyfriend's truck has since been totaled and I imagine her car has been as well.

    As it is currently, boyfriend's insurance has placed 10% blame on him because of his speed at the time (his airbags did not go off, if that makes a difference) but is saying that this will not be noted as an at-fault accident on his record. He has received a check of about $8500 from his own insurance, which of course is about half of what it would cost to replace the truck, but what can you do.

    So, here's where the fun starts. The lady's insurance is taking this into arbitration, wanting my boyfriend to take closer to 40-45% of the blame. Boyfriend's already made a recorded statement with his own insurance and wants to refuse a statement to the other party's insurance. (He can do that, right?) The entire incident is on video because he had a dashcam, so that helped us prove to the police on the scene that the lady was at fault, which the police report agrees with.

    Anybody have any insight on what's going to happen from here? I don't see how we would get this close to 50/50 blame when the other party clearly ran a blatant red and our light did not turn red until basically the moment we crashed. There is no injury involved (yet, I guess) thankfully, everyone is fine in that department.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/eilig
    [link] [comments]

    My mother was in a car accident last night, that wasn’t her fault.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Basically yesterday my mom and my grandma got hit by a mustang that was hydroplaning. Gieco insurance was claimed; the cops determined we were not at fault. The car still runs but the cops towed it. This is how it looks https://imgur.com/a/e7danjy I'm in Florida. Will this car be a total loss? And if so will it be enough to pay off the car completely. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/NotAF1sh
    [link] [comments]

    Dental insurance coverage for crowns

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    I currently do not have any dental insurance and I live in NY state. I got a crown done originally last year (on my parents' insurance plan that I have since aged out of) and I'm getting it replaced soon due to not liking the color. I'm going to enroll in an insurance plan called "Spirit Network 2000". Benefits start within a couple days of enrollment, and coverage is applicable to major procedures like crowns, implants, etc. immediately.

    Would I be eligible to receive coverage for this crown replacement? I know that most insurance plans typically cover crown replacements every 5 years, so I'm not sure how this affects my situation being that this is a new insurance plan. Also, there is nothing technically wrong with the crown, and I'm not sure if a legitimate "problem" with the crown is needed for coverage. Will the insurance company ask the reason for replacing the crown and when I had it done last? I am new to insurance plans and don't fully understand how it all works yet. Thanks!

    Link to the dental insurance plan brochure: https://www.spiritdental.com/documents/brochures/Spirit_Individual_NY%20Brochure%202020.pdf

    submitted by /u/CarefulTangerine9
    [link] [comments]

    RIP Liberty Mutual

    Posted: 30 May 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/UhCaVeVH2TQ

    It's probably not a good idea to try to lie to a pretty big influencer who has a wide reach. I know Rob works with other channels with tens of millions of subscribers...

    This will cost them a LOT of many from bad PR, probably tens of millions, just to get out of paying a 31k claim...

    submitted by /u/Snaebakabeans
    [link] [comments]

    How does GEICO Non-ded glass work in Massachusetts?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Long story short, something flew out of the back of a truck in front of me and I have to replace my windshield. I've seen people say that, for this type of thing, it's best to just pay out-of-pocket rather than go through your insurance. But I'm not sure how it would work since glass is under my comprehensive coverage and says "non-ded" - is that only for repairs?

    I've also seen info that says Massachusetts has weird regulations on this type of thing? Does anybody have experience here?

    submitted by /u/Red__Burrito
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment