• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    Got T-boned by a vehicle running a red, but their insurance wont cover for all the damages Insurance

    Got T-boned by a vehicle running a red, but their insurance wont cover for all the damages Insurance


    Got T-boned by a vehicle running a red, but their insurance wont cover for all the damages

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    The other day my vehicle(2008 highlander) got T-boned by a car that was running a red light. Luckily both me and my wife were not hurt, but the vehicle is in a pretty bad condition. It is likely that my vehicle is going to be totaled.

    The other driver accepted full responsibility, police was called and a report was filed. The accident happened at an intersection In Westminster CO, where i was crossing a highway with total of 10 lanes. street view of the intersection The colliding car came from the 9th (from my right). I never saw it coming because (1) it was doing close to 45 mph and entered my field of view last second and (2) the accident occurred just as it passed the white line they are supposed to stop.

    I put the claim with the other parties insurance (myamfam) since I shouldn't pay for deductible and I don't get a temporary vehicle from my insurance. Today the myamfam adjuster calls and tells me that they are only covering for 90% of the claim because im at fault for 'not seeing their vehicle in time to prevent the accident'. I find this unjust, as their vehicle was not visible when I entered the intersection, it was coming in at a very high speed, and I had a green. My question is, as a driver, would you be able to prevent this? Is the insurance claim fair? How should I proceed next? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/VisitingRedPlanet
    [link] [comments]

    Charged for unwanted medical tests

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    I was required to do some serology reports for going to medical school this upcoming fall and when I got my insurance bill, I noticed a few extra charges. I wanted only 4 serology reports but ended up getting 6. When I called my insurance, they told me my doctor put in an extra 2 serology tests that I did not consent to. I'm planning on calling my doctor's office but it is closed today.

    Is there anyway I could have my doctor rescind the 2 charges? Or am I forced to pay now that I have done the tests and have gotten my results back?

    submitted by /u/AgreeableVanilla45
    [link] [comments]

    Doctor called today and said telehealth sessions she switched to at the beginning of April weren’t covered by insurance. Called insurance and they said Behavioral health wasn’t covered under telemedicine.

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    (From West Virginia) My question is that my therapist made this change by just calling me and saying that that was how we would do our sessions from then on due to COVID19. So when I called my insurance yesterday they said that my employer said they wouldn't participate in telehealth sessions for Behavioral health. The lady with United said they had no record of any of this and that the only work around would be to bill the sessions as regular sessions instead of telehealth but my doctor doesn't want to do this. Mind you this would put the full cost on me ($300 a week for 2 months). I can't afford this but I also didn't make the change. What can I do? Anything?

    submitted by /u/verylittlemrmushnik
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Brokers' revenue?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I am researching the insurance industry in Italy and I need to know what is the payout structure of an insurance broker.

    For example, a broker in the UK will get bulk commission equivalent to 2 years of the premiums paid by the customer. So, if the insurance was £40/month, then the insurance broker would get £960 (24*40).

    I am interested in obtaining such information for Italy, France, and Germany,

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/friendlybutvillain
    [link] [comments]

    Help! I made 2 claims within 3 months!

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    2 claims in 3 month period

    I feel like I have the worst luck! I got insurance from State Farm and I got my car keyed recently. I had compressive insurance but because I just recently switched to this company they are conducting an investigation. I got a letter from my adjuster saying "we are currently investsgating coverage issues for this loss and we are working to resolve them as soon as possible. While our investigation continues, you have a duty to take steps to minimize your damages. These damages include items such as rental expenses, towing expenses, storage expenses, and protecting your vehicle from further damage. No unwarranted expenses or damage can be considered for reimbursement if we assume responsibility for this loss. " and now last night I was really tired after my shift and on my way home I got into an accident and totaled my car into a tree. I'm okay but my car is not. What is going to happen? Are they just going to deny all my claims? I'm in California.

    submitted by /u/kanskde32
    [link] [comments]

    Best car insurance for a Mustang in Florida

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Hi all, I recently got a new car from my dad for college. Originally he was going to get me a Camry or Prius but since one of his friends was selling it for a really good price and in good condition, he ended up getting me the mustang.

    Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's a very attractive car, but I do pay for my own insurance and don't like relying on my parents for many things since they have their stuff going on. This means I'm stuck paying pretty high insurance for a sports car, especially since I'm 18.

    Does anyone know a good and not crazy expensive insurance I could look into? If it's any help, I'm in Florida.

    submitted by /u/bewbs010
    [link] [comments]

    Guns were stolen from my car, will home owner's insurance cover them?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Hello all. Like the title says. I had guns stolen from my car. I read that homeowners insurance may cover this. To what amount will the coverage cover? Will my HOI go up once I file a claim? I am in Texas.

    submitted by /u/privvylog
    [link] [comments]

    Scraped bumper at residential street.

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    I need some advice....My car was parallel parked in a residential street. When I got off work, I notice two 2-inch deep scratches on my rear bumper, they were in the center of the rear bumper and 6-8 inches apart.

    Behind me was a Ford F150 that wasn't there when I left my car in the morning, I notice his license plate is in the center with two screws that are 6-8 inches apart and they protrude out quite a bit. The plastic shell of the license plate is cracked and the screws have silver (color of my car) gummy paint residue on it. My assumption is he squeezed into the space and had to play bumper car to get in.

    I left him a note and we spoke, he denied doing it. There are no witnesses. If I file a claim what are the odds of his insurance admitting fault with the circumstantial evidences.

    I went ahead and got a quote and the repair is 200+ dollars, way below my deductible..

    submitted by /u/ruff0123
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding if I should file a claim on my car repair. Thoughts?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I hit a medium sized raccoon or woodchuck that unavoidably darted across the highway the other night and cracked my front bumper. I did not stop, or file a police report since it was on the highway in the middle of the night and the impact did not seem that bad. Depending on the method of repair, I am looking at around 850-1000 dollars in damage to fully repaint and replace the bumper. There is still pieces of hair clearly stuck on the bumper. It's my understanding that this should be a no fault claim if my insurance company is reasonable? What is the burden of proof and can I talk to my insurance company about the possibility of making a claim without it counting against me. The insurance is through Vermont Mutual Insurance which apparently has some pretty less than favorable reviews. The car is a lease with two years left on it. Would going through insurance even if it was no fault penalize me when I return the car? Appreciate any insight anyone might have.

    submitted by /u/Sonofabess1
    [link] [comments]

    Car stolen, will lien holder forgive my loan?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

    My car was stolen last month and went through the whole insurance claim process. I'm wanted to know if anyone has had an experience where a lien holder has "forgiven" the remaining amount owed on the loan? I currently paid off about 80% of the loan and don't want to pay this anymore, seeing as I need to get a new car.

    submitted by /u/jclzd94
    [link] [comments]

    Mercury vs. Sticking With Geico?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm about to make a decision on my new car insurance, and I can't decide on whether I should stick with Geico or switch to Mercury. I'm not quite sure on my experience with Geico because I'm currently under my dad's insurance. When I had my accident two years ago, I wasn't really in the loop on what was happening since my dad was the main policyholder.

    I would love to do AAA but they're way too expensive. I'm in Southern California

    Any thoughts on either or?

    submitted by /u/lowkeymarbled
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get a car, But pretty straight forward I can't afford the auto insurance. Is there anyway in which you could work to reduce the premiums? (Similar as you do with your credit score)

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    If you have a bad credit score, you could set goals for improve it. But with the premiums of the auto insurance is not so clear to me.

    My premium is around 600usd. I'm living in NYC, not driving history and in top of everything I've an accident. https://imgur.com/a/Ji83WKu

    So not sure how could I maybe work out to reduce that premium and finally get that so evasive first car.

    submitted by /u/qPec5
    [link] [comments]

    How much would insurance cost on a v6 2017 mustang for a 16 year old

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm considering buying a mustang v6 from a family member how much would the insurance be if it was added to my parent's plan. It's a 2017 v6 mustang and I live in Mississippi. I'm 16.

    submitted by /u/TheAsian0ne69
    [link] [comments]

    Will insurance cover Catalytic Converter replacement?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    Im in Austin, TX. I have a 2012 Ford Focus. A/C started blowing hot air when idle. Took it to a Ford house and got an estimate of $2600 for replacement and labor of the catalytic converter which is dented and failing their emissions test, which I'm not aware of any incident that would've caused the damage. The car has a value of $3000 or something like that according to KBB. The mechanic suggested filing a claim with my insurance.

    Does anyone know if Geico would help cover the costs for the replacement on a car at that value? To make it worse, I'm just a few months shy of paying it off. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/iCinnamonToast
    [link] [comments]

    Fender-bender accident from two years ago - injury claim filed. Why so late? State: CA

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    The run down:

    -I caused a minor accident in October, 2017. Mild damage to both cars

    -There were two occupants of the other car: a middle-aged woman who didn't speak English and a young girl

    -The middle-aged woman called another girl to the scene. This younger girl said she was driving the car I hit and gave me the license (uh, what? No).

    -I posted on reddit about her lying about driving the car and what to do. I think it may still be in my history. I decided not to do anything because at the time, I was worried she was lying because the older woman was undocumented or unlicensed and would have faced repurcussions. I didn't want to do any unnecessary harm to the family dynamic

    -I no longer live in CA or have that car insurance

    -I just recently got a voicemail from my old car insurance saying the older woman filed an injury claim in 2018 but I was only recently made aware of it (in 2020)

    -the car insurance agent said they want to update my contact information and discuss the claim

    -I'm worried that if I respond I'll be on the hook for something so egregious. I literally just dented the other car. It feels like a cash grab.

    What should I do? I didn't have full car coverage at the time (I do, now! Learned my lesson so please don't chastise me. I was a very poor college student at the time).

    How should I go about this? Ignore or build a case against the other driver?

    submitted by /u/sacto_verita
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question about gap insurance

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I understand it's for vehicles and it comes into play when a totaled vehicle is valued at less than the loan payoff to make up the difference. However I am having trouble understanding how this comes together, say for example I am insured with State farm and my car gets totaled and I need to use gap insurance. Is that run through State Farm, would I have gap insurance through them or would I have to get that somewhere else. And would I be responsible for taking care of it or would State Farm?

    submitted by /u/SpikeXena
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance training time crunch

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I just signed up for American Income Life. They want me to complete the insurance course in 2 weeks max (even though all exams are on hold.) The course is really dense. I honestly don't think I'll have it finished in that time. Has anyone else experienced this? TIA

    submitted by /u/janeycat29
    [link] [comments]

    Switching car insurance, need some help

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm getting off my parents' insurance plan which is through Geico. I'm currently paying $111.08 for that. I've never signed up for car insurance myself, so I do not know who to go to/what to expect. Anyone have any suggestions for car insurance or questions I should ask when applying for car insurance?

    If it helps, I drive a 2001 Chevy Suburban, no accidents and live in Texas. I have a full-time job too and am renting an apartment.

    submitted by /u/BoggyMcBogFace
    [link] [comments]

    Car was flooded in my apartment's parking garage. I have both renter's and comprehensive coverage on it, which company would handle this claim?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so my apartment's garage flooded on Monday night and the level has just been going up since then. The water level is currently about halfway up my driver's side door, so I have accepted that it is going to be totaled and I will probably get an ACV payout for it.

    I am not sure who is at fault for this, if it is my complex, the local gov (got an email from the complex saying the local gov wouldn't open the drainage system), or if it would be covered as 'an act of God'.

    I carry both renter's insurance and a very beefed out comprehensive car insurance that comes with flood coverage and a low deductible. Who should I open a claim with and how should I do it? I am currently in the process of calling my auto insurance to check with them how to proceed, but am anticipating a potential bounce back to call my renter's insurance.

    Edit: Location is USA/FL

    Edit: just filed a claim with auto insurance.

    submitted by /u/Ju1cY_0n3
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance options

    Posted: 27 May 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Ga driver that will not be driving my car for the next six months. Curious what my options are with auto insurance. Could I simply cancel my current insurance for that period? My car is financed so would that affect my options?

    submitted by /u/Throwaway8393724959
    [link] [comments]

    Dui in Georgia

    Posted: 27 May 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I am a service technician which requires me to drive a company vehicle. I was recently convicted of a DUI and I would like to know how long I will not be able to be covered by my company's insurance. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Indigoflop
    [link] [comments]

    Best insurance for teen driver on her own

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So I recently purchased my first car at the age of 18. Im on my own living on my own and I do not speak to my parents so their insurance is not an option. At this time the car is in my boyfriends name as we both helped to pay for it and he has it on his parents insurance. I still would like to be on my own insirance so at least i as a person can be insured in case I ever get into an accident while driving it. My next question is what are some good cheap insurance companies who wont rob me of 300 dollars every month for liability.

    submitted by /u/markaydun
    [link] [comments]

    My insurance said they can’t give me a list of intensive out patient programs for mental health issues which I’m pretty sure isn’t in compliance with my states laws? What do I do?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    I'd really love to resolve this before I have another suicidal episode lol

    submitted by /u/Gaymbers
    [link] [comments]

    Illinois car accident - not at fault, payout wasn't enough, but not planning to fix the car either - how to proceed?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Hi all- I was in an auto accident a few weeks ago. The other person's insurance company accepted 100% liability and sent me a check for $660 to cover the body damage (estimate from pictures I sent). I didn't realize the check was coming (was expecting a call with an update first) or I would have tried to negotiate beforehand.

    We went to two different repair shops and the damage is greater than just the body work - the rear axle needs to be replaced and the car isn't safe to drive due to that damage. The estimates I received were closer to $1850 for everything.

    When I called the insurance company and said we need the remainder to cover the true damages, they said it would be up to the repair shop to work with them on getting the difference paid, and they couldn't send us the remainder. The thing is, we don't actually plan to get the car fixed. It's been a good car but it's not worth fixing at this point.

    Is that typically the process? Am I out of luck on getting the difference (~$1300) in cash? This is my first time going through this, and it turns out I really don't know much! Thanks in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/mmoo18
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment