• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 30, 2020

    $10k to start a business small business

    $10k to start a business small business


    $10k to start a business

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of businesses I can start with only $10k?

    Is there any kind of equipment or machine I can buy that I could use to start making me enough money to quit my day job?

    I would prefer something that I can do from home or if outside the home, then something that is considered essential and therefore COVID-proof and won't be subject to closure.

    submitted by /u/glockfanatic
    [link] [comments]

    Award winning Artisan Bakery for sale in Ireland

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Simple accounting/inventory software - Small local resale business

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Hello, I started a small flipping business selling products from amazon/Alibaba etc locally on Facebook market and Craigslist.

    Is anyone aware of any very simple inventory tracking/accounting software?

    I have a spreadsheet of purchases and a jar of cash from sales at the moment. Right now I only have 3 products but expect to get more and more.

    I want to track the money going out, the money going in and the number of each item I am selling.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/enddream
    [link] [comments]

    My wife & I are thinking about starting a government contract consultancy to help SMBs secure government work. Would like some insight and feedback into general feasibility, especially during current situation.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    For some time now my wife and I have been tossing around the idea of consulting small to medium-sized businesses on how to win government contracts at the state and local level, specifically. We have experience working in both the aforementioned areas in different regions, have managed upwards of ~$600M, and my wife is currently a contracts consultant for a firm in DC, where we live.

    We know that for most businesses it's a huge waste of time and money to pursue government contracts when it seems impossible to know how to start, let alone complete the entire process—so we would provide both a-la-carte and cradle-to-grave services, depending on what your needs are (proposal development, compliance, review, etc.)

    We're trying to gauge if this is remotely feasible, especially during our current economy. We're a bit nervous to put our feet in (any) water right now, but on the other hand I believe we could offer a lot of value for companies who want the stability and consistency of government work but don't know how to successfully break into it alone, and don't have the capacity for the intimidatingly large federal contracts that most consultants exclusively deal with. I figure with COVID and the amount of businesses trying to stave off long-term losses, this may be a good time to jump in and be able to provide something valuable.

    Questions:

    1. Would any of you be interested in this considering the current economic situation?
    2. Any idea how much you think you would be willing to pay?
    3. Would you consider a retainer for ongoing contract work?

    If anybody has direct experience with this type of work or any general advice, we would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/devil_theory
    [link] [comments]

    Need your Ideas/Feedback - Same Day Deliver - Grocery Store

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    I operate a Daily Essentials/ Grocery retail store (in SriLanka) for about a year now and during this lockdown period I took the service online (accepting orders using WhatsApp) and managed to do around 50,000 deliveries in two months. We have the logistics and warehousing established and we marketed it as a same day delivery service.

    Now I'm in the process of building an e-commerce store to continue this stream of service even after the lockdown.

    Do you think people will still be interested in ordering groceries online after the lockdown period when the bigger supermarkets start to operate. What are some of the features that we can provide to keep the customers coming back and continuing to use this service?

    Looking for ideas to keep customers coming back to us after the lockdown period.

    Feature Set I have thought of;

    • Like providing loyalty points?

    • Team up with restaurants to provide a % off their bill at the restaurants

    • Pay utilities bills through our store

    • Pharmacy

    • Convert their loyalty points to phone credit (sorted and ready to roll)

    • Sell a monthly subscription bundle of essentials products? (Household, Body care) (Snack Box- chips, chocolates) (Cooking ingredients/essentials- Oils, fats, spices)

    • Free In-store pick-up

    Would really appreciate your input.

    submitted by /u/y_shan
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need an LLC to do a one-off film job?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I work in the film industry and 99/9% of my film jobs are done via payroll. Every once in a while I get asked to do a production under my own name.

    I know AB5 has turned the freelancer world upside down. Do I have to start an LLC just to do these smaller projects, or do I have any alternatives? I only get offered to do these about twice a year.

    Thanks a ton!

    submitted by /u/directedbymarc
    [link] [comments]

    small restaurant owner

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Relatively new to the subreddit.

    I'm in my mid 20's, and throughout my youth, most of my jobs have been in the restaurant industry. My family has been in the industry for generations. Anyway, I opened my deli-style restaurant with a handful of employees.

    Most of my employees are in high school and work limited hours, so their checks are small. I pay them a few dollars above minimum wage, and they have been great. They work hard and have been trouble-free.

    My concern is I tend to give them an extra $20 here and there. From a financial standpoint, I can afford to do it. Business isn't booming, but we are not going bankrupt. Is it weird to do this? I pretty much give it to them because I feel bad, not because I owe it to them.

    I remember being that age, and it sucked not having money, primarily since they work limited hours. Should I keep doing it? Is it weird? How do I explain to there parents if they ever bring it up? I don't want to tell them I feel bad for there kid.

    submitted by /u/ronnndog
    [link] [comments]

    Buying an existing business

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I'm looking to buy an existing business that the owner is selling with a list for 300k. Will negotiating that down cause him to look to other buyers?

    Banks aren't loaning money these days, so I'm hoping my cash offer can give me leverage but I don't want to spook him.

    submitted by /u/xJerkstorex
    [link] [comments]

    New Venture - Need Feedback/Advice

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    I have been working on a Car Portal to provide only the necessary information to the customers they might need before making the purchase. I created this website from scratch without any prior knowledge of coding or web development and "hopefully" it looks fine to everyone. It's in Public Beta right now.

    Website is - https://www.autofect.co.in

    Please log in to the website and share your feedback and review on the link given on the home page. I really appreciate your effort for taking out the time and doing this.

    submitted by /u/quorumty
    [link] [comments]

    I have 4 tonnes of paper

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, looking to know what I could do with 4 tonnes of waste paper. I know someone with a document imaging facility and they destroy this paper after scanning it. He's offered to give me the paper for free if I can somehow reuse it.

    All suggestions helpful thanks!

    submitted by /u/devallar
    [link] [comments]

    Investment Pitch Advice

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    Asking for Advice-In between hard money, bank lending, and grovelling.

    Here's the deal-we have $2.2M in revenues on the books for 2021. Had $2.2M on the books for 2020, then Coronatimes. Have 2-3 opportunities to expand, streamline expenses, and increase efficiencies that will cost $1.5M. We don't have $1.5M at the moment. We will have $1.5M in revenues as a result of the Coronavirus.

    Here's the Pitch:

    $1.5M Loan for 5 Years. 10% Interest. Securitized by the Real Property.

    I have a hard money option that is 20% and a 2 year payback. Banks are 90-120 days out post COVID/PPP/EIDL and I miss my window.

    submitted by /u/UnPoquitoSuerte
    [link] [comments]

    Losing only source of advertisement as a nonprofit.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    On an alt account as my other acc is public. Sorry if this post isn't allowed, I looked up nonprofits in the thread history and it seems OK.

    Hello everyone. About a year and a half ago I founded a non-profit located in the United States. I don't think there's a lot of background detail needed, so I'll get right to it:

    For months I knew that having only once source of advertisement was a bad idea, and for months I ignored it. Alas, we got into a disagreement with the platform we were posted on a few weeks ago and as a result we lost it. I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, and wanted a little bit of guidance on how to proceed. Even after only a few weeks our engagement is dipping, and our new member on boarding decreased by 80~%. While a year and a half old, I do in this area fully consider myself inexperienced. I have no prior administration, business, or organizational experience prior to this.

    Any advice is welcome, and I thank whoever ends up reading this post. I will probably edit in more info intermittently as needed, my thoughts are a bit all over the place at the moment.

    submitted by /u/WittyFatCat
    [link] [comments]

    Business Ideas for Post Covid-19 World

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    2020 so far has been quite exciting. A lot of businesses are failing some are booming. One thing is clear that post covid-19 world looks much different than what we are use to. Do you have business ideas that can be started with less than 20k? Lets explore some ideas.

    submitted by /u/CloudKushFella
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some companies only have up until Q3 annually?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    the usual quarters are up to Q4 right? And I have heard it is universal. So why do some companies only have until Q3?

    submitted by /u/steezyfuck
    [link] [comments]

    Hand Crafted Glass Boards

    Posted: 29 May 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I've been working on perfecting this idea for a while and just recently got to the point where I'm really happy with the quality of the finished product. We sell high end, beautiful, glass dry erase boards. We just started selling them a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to find the best way to advertise/make connections. Any advice on the website is also welcome! www.glacierboards.com

    submitted by /u/DMac-77
    [link] [comments]

    Help with YouTube micro business?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I make around $4,500 a year from Google AdSense through YouTube. I have a personal AdSense account now with the payments going to my name and social security number. I was thinking of creating an official business for tax purposes. Is it possible to update AdSense to make the payments go to a business? Would a sole proprietor LLC be the way to go at this stage for tax and liability purposes? I'm very sorry, I'm still quite new to this and would appreciate any advice.

    submitted by /u/SlightlyNotFunny
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the annual franchise tax payment

    Posted: 29 May 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm new to the small business world, I registered my LLC back in February 2020 in the state of California. I'm trying to pay ($800 ouch) my LLC tax (form FTB 3522) online and it's asking for beginning/end periods. What do I put for beginning? January 1st 2020 or do I put 2019?

    Here's the screenshot: https://imgur.com/EeJhpyE

    Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/cimulate
    [link] [comments]

    is anyone here interested in working together?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    I'm a young copywriter looking to work with individuals passionate about their business. If you're interested in my work then let's talk so we can see our compatibility. Looking forward to hearing from you

    submitted by /u/adrian-gonzal3z
    [link] [comments]

    Grocery store business

    Posted: 29 May 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Do you think starting a small grocery store is a good idea in current circumstances (covid-19)? I have been pondering about it for quite sometime now. Ultimately, I want to open a chain of small ethnic grocery stores all over the city because their are no chain stores of my ethnicity in the city I live in (Toronto, Canada) but only individual mom n pop ones. It would be a grocery store + sell pre-cooked foods as well. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/veronmathers
    [link] [comments]

    How do local small businesses fight against chains?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    This is a broad question, but how do small businesses handle competing with large organizations?

    Do small businesses support each other? If so how?

    submitted by /u/SURYD-IS-GOD
    [link] [comments]

    Drive Through Coffee Cart

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    Is this a good time to buy a small business? Im looking at buying a Coffee Cart. The numbers look good and the purchase price is also good, but Im worried about the future of the economy.

    submitted by /u/slickfrowzy247
    [link] [comments]

    What payment methods to use on invoices?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    What payment methods do you guys use on your invoices?

    submitted by /u/SlowDownBrother
    [link] [comments]

    Officer Friend Mentioned Potential Grants for Surveillance System, Any Merit?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    So an officer I'm friendly with stopped by one day. He mentioned that precincts offer Grants and essentially pay for your security cameras if you grant them complete access. I was kind of shocked. He said the only downside is they have complete access and can always see what you're doing. I told him, "I could care less if you guys are watching me so long as you pay the bill!" I honestly am jumping at the idea!

    Is there any merit to this? I've tried researching online but am coming up empty handed. I would love to get all the security upgrades I'm adding in to be covered by the local PD. I really could care less if they watch me. Hell, it'd make things easier because they ask to see my footage all the time when things happen in the area and it's a pain to set up a meeting and do it for them.

    submitted by /u/Sly_Wood
    [link] [comments]

    inventory system for towing company

    Posted: 29 May 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    My in law owns a towing business and recently asked for help to create a system where he could keep track of services and everything we have currently. We are pretty much the only business like in the area so we have way too many services every day but he has trouble keeping track of the cars, the services, etc. i've never worked with him before, so i want to be able to actually help. He said he would like something for separating police services, private and insurance ones. where we would have the information of the car, the day of the service, towed by, where from and things like that. i dont knoe if theres a system i can buy like that or just create some excel. how can create something that actually works? he often forgets where he towed a car from and even if the person has paid or not, ehich is crazy

    submitted by /u/msfleck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment