• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 30, 2020

    Realtor broke confidentiality Real Estate

    Realtor broke confidentiality Real Estate


    Realtor broke confidentiality

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    I was in the process of purchasing a home and backed out due to economic concerns. I spoke to the realtor stating that I was concerned because at the beginning of the pandemic I had been furloughed, and even though I was rehired I was not sure a similar situation wouldn't arise again. Our realtor most likely told the other realtor as they work together and offered the explanation to them. I'm assuming realtors tell each other that information.

    I received a text from my boss today saying that he heard from a realtor friend that I wasn't confident in my job security. I don't know if it was one of the realtors directly involved, but I believe that regardless that information should be confidential. Am I wrong? My boss should not have been able to find out that information, in my opinion. And I can't find anything specific about my situation.

    submitted by /u/Delacroix192
    [link] [comments]

    WE CLOSED TODAY!! [MA]

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    It feels so surreal to finally own a home and I just wanted to extend my utmost thanks to this sub (one of my favorites to lurk on) for the informative posts because we've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a buying experience, though I'm guessing that's more the "norm" than anything else.

    We put an offer in on a 3 bedroom condo back in mid-March right before the lockdowns really began. We really loved the neighborhood and the house and we were so excited. After inspection uncovered a lot of major issues (HVAC, electrical, and plumbing all needed major repairs) we attempted to negotiate with the seller, but they ended up rejecting our "best and final" offer. We were so upset and after looking at a few other far less appealing homes, and given the current situation, we had basically decided that we were going to re-sign our lease for another year.

    But then a single-family house popped up in a town we never thought we would be able to afford. We scrambled to be the first ones to see the house, made it through inspections with no major issues, negotiated a somewhat strange Purchase & Sale agreement, and then dealt with some last minute issues yesterday at the 11th hour.

    It was all TOTALLY worth it for the moment when our realtor handed over the keys. Don't worry we've already changed the locks!

    submitted by /u/cinnamonallergy
    [link] [comments]

    Tenant Deceased, lease specifies heirs are responsible?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    My father died unexpectedly 2.5 weeks ago. He lived in an apartment with his sister, and their lease is through August.

    My aunt can't afford the place on her own (not that she really wants to live there now anyway), and there is not enough money in the estate to cover rent beyond the end of May. So she found a new place to live and wants to terminate the lease at the end of June.

    They paid first month, last month, and a security deposit when they moved in, so we asked the landlord to apply the last month's rent to June and that we would be terminating the lease at the end of June. She is a bit confusing to deal with, and one minute seems very flexible and accommodating saying she will list the apartment June 1st and to let her know if there is anything she can do to help us during this difficult time. Then the next sentence is that there is a signed lease and if she can't rent the place for July 1 then rent will be due. I understand, she needs the rental income and she's running a business. Doesn't change the fact that one tenant is dead and had no money, and the other doesn't have enough money to double her rent payment.

    So here is where I am a little confused and need some guidance.

    The lease says "the words lessor and lessee as used herein shall include their respective heirs, executives, administrators, successors, representatives..." They can't actually come after my sister and me, can they? We never signed anything.

    Can she keep the security deposit in lieu of July's rent if she doesn't find a new tenant, or is that only for damages?

    There is no clause in the lease for early termination, it just auto-renews unless 30 days notice is given that the tenant or landlord do not want to renew it.

    Oh, and just for fun, the landlord also never signed the lease, her name is just typed in at the end.

    I am not too worried yet, I expect she will find new tenants and there will be no problem, I am just trying to see what problems I might encounter if she can't.

    Edit: For everybody saying to contact a lawyer, that is good advice and we will if it progresses that far. We are hoping that won't be necessary. If we give up and forfeit the security deposit, that would cover July's rent and then that only leaves August rent in the balance anyway. I can't imagine us or the landlord going too crazy over $1200.

    submitted by /u/Tragic_fall
    [link] [comments]

    Where is a good area in Maryland to buy a really cheap house solely for the purpose of renting the rooms out and living in the basement or another room? Have 25k saved up and make $21 a hour. Want to live in one room or basement and rent the rest out to pay off the mortgage.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Have 25k saved up and make $21 a hour. I want to live in another room or the basement and rent the other rooms out to pay off the mortgage.

    submitted by /u/Benny2098
    [link] [comments]

    Seller hasn’t responded to otp

    Posted: 29 May 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Due diligence period expires tonight at 11:59 (they have about an hour and a half left). Sellers haven't signed yet-our agent is waiting for the sellers response to deposit the earnest money.

    What happens if they don't respond by tonight? What if they back out of the deal after the earnest money has been deposited? Will we (financially-earnest $) face the consequences if they back out?

    Sorry we're just super nerve wracked about their decision tonight, anything helps

    submitted by /u/aliar00
    [link] [comments]

    Taking Real Estate courses online right now. Any advice for success/future in general?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    Any advice for someone in my position is extremely appreciated! I personally have no mentors in my life who are real estate agents or anything like that, and I'm kind of going into it blind. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ObiWahnKenobi
    [link] [comments]

    Question about using allowance for repairs.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Closing on a home soon. I have an allowance given to replace the flooring. The money will be held in escrow at the closing company's attorney office. My agent told me that in order to use this allowance properly, I must have a contractor complete the service, after which I present the bill to the attorney's office and they pay the contractor directly.

    The thing is...it's freaking carpet replacement. Home Depot has a killer deal going on this summer where they will replace and install carpet free of charge as long as you buy the product from them and the carpet is over a certain dollar amount per sqft and minimum purchase amount total. Home Depot isn't going to accept being told "yeah just give me the bill and I'll have some attorney office mail you a check."

    Any of you experienced folks have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/rowtahd
    [link] [comments]

    What the future will be be of investment in orlando florida?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Hello, I would like to know what to do to help my parents because they are in the middle of transaction to buy a house to use it a rent house as investment, but I don't know how long they have been doing it (maybe since January) and yeah the Covid-19 hit hard and my parents can't travel (we are not American, but we wish to live there). They can't travel to solve the transaction or take back the deposit, or better say: They are having some doubts if they continue buy the house or take back the investments because the actual situation and probabilities of a bad future and so this is why I want to know if investing in Orlando, Florida.

    any help or advise, I will be very thankfully.

    By the way, sorry for my English, this is not my main language, but I love to learn it

    submitted by /u/llermo2000
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, I really need some advices and help please.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    So we are going to buy an house soon. Someone will help us in cosigning. The weird things is my name is placed in the cosign name and the cosigner in the buyer. My question is, who is gonna be the owner of the house then? What should I do?

    submitted by /u/why_277
    [link] [comments]

    Lennar

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Would it be a bad idea to purchase a newly constructed Lennar home? Because lately I've been seeing bad reviews in terms of the craftsmanship. If anyone could offer me some feedback, that would be wonderful especially if you own or previously owned a Lennar home.

    submitted by /u/RayDeon6
    [link] [comments]

    Items removed after closing

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Was promised by the seller to have a few large hooks on the wall but the seller uprooted them from the expensive wallpapers on that wall. It looks bad and I'm pissed. He also damaged the same wallpaper when he moved his amps from this corner. I did a walk through in the morning and I never saw any of this

    Will they be liable to fix it still even though I have just closed ? I was told by him specifically that he won't uproot it from the wall because it will make holes

    submitted by /u/dividendman99
    [link] [comments]

    Mother F******ng Fireplaces man... Beautiful homes destroyed by fireplace position

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    So I have been posting on here for a couple days regarding home searching. I googled and might be missing it but I am finding any house built like 95-2003ish has this god awful fireplace right where your 65" TV should BE!! you can say these homes didnt grow well with the times... And what gets me is these fire places are like in calm climate areas. Sacramento for example...

    I keep thinking oh damn I may want to commit to my down payment on this one... Then I see why its cheap as fuck... The fireplace ruins the whole fucking living room. Maybe if you're 90 and you can't use a remote you may like to light up a fire during a cold 54 degree winter night but damn man.

    I want the somewhat open floor plan. And no I dont want to hang a 70" tv above a fireplace and have it angled like the tower of pisa.

    I am convinced that a fireplace is single handedly ruining thousands of homes in california. That fireplace fucks up the value so bad.

    example: https://imgur.com/a/jtqIz8j

    submitted by /u/Necessary_Basis
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth playing the game and countering when seller clearly has an all cash offer and they’re just trying to drive up the price?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I'm running into this a lot in the San Diego market. Sellers will counter with terms that clearly signal they have an all cash offer, such as 10 day escrow. It's a complete waste of our time because obviously anyone who is financing will not be able to meet that timeline and our realtor told us they're probably just trying to drive up the price for the cash buyer. Which has turned out to be true, the last time this happened the cash buyer moved above the SMCO counter.

    On the one hand, I'm annoyed at being used to drive up the price when it's pretty clear our offer isn't being seriously considered. On the other hand, countering doesn't cost us anything and there's the 1% chance the deal will fall apart and the seller will come back to us.

    submitted by /u/IStillLikeBeers
    [link] [comments]

    Search for Neighborhoods with "Triple Ten Schools"

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    It seems like an obvious search feature but I've yet to find a service that provides the functionality to search for real estate in the united states that have "triple ten schools" (e.g. 10 great school rating for Elementary, Middle and High School).

    I know there are plenty of services that allow you to search for homes in a school district, and plenty for identifying the best individual schools in a city. The part I'm missing is identifying neighborhoods that have all 10 rated schools (elementary, middle and high school) assigned.

    Anything I'm missing? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/readsmathforfun
    [link] [comments]

    I have a plot of land, a buyer is trying to convince me that the plot of land will need to be purchased by the government because of some piping issues or something and falls into eminent domain?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Assuming he is correct, which I don't think he is, if the government buys the plot of land will I receive the purchase price of the land I bought for? The current value of the land on the market is less than half the purchase price. In the case of eminent domain, will I get the full purchase price of the plot of land ? How is this determined and what can I do in case eminent domain is used? Thanks

    submitted by /u/bshawwwwwww
    [link] [comments]

    I'm buying a condo from an acquaintance: Can we avoid realtors altogether? Should we hire a RE attorney reduce transaction costs? Anything we're not considering?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    The seller and I were originally going to use the same realtor who was going to charge 3% (purchase price $180K) with his commission of $5400. This seems ridiculous to just push some paperwork so the seller and I are looking for alternatives. Any amount saved from this would be split between us.

    I called a RE attorney which said the fees they charge are $750 if we already have a purchase agreement, or $2500 for them to draft the purchase agreement, to facilitate this transaction.

    We'd like to make sure we're both protected while also not paying outrageous realtor fees if it will produce the same outcome.

    Can anyone here please share their experience of not using realtors? Is there anything we're not considering?

    submitted by /u/b7-
    [link] [comments]

    Post-closing request to "re-execute"

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    NY. A few weeks after closing, the law firm that I closed with has told me that "your lender has requested that your Note be re-executed."

    Apparently someone (an agent) forgot to sign something and now everyone has to sign again. Being called a "clerical error."

    I'm just a little confused why it is necessary. The loan is already enacted. What purpose does it serve to have me sign again? What would happen if I refused?

    submitted by /u/TheRealJeffRichards
    [link] [comments]

    Tips to strengthen our offers?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    We are FTHB and trying to purchase in the $250-$275 list price range in MN. Our agent says this is the most competitive price range in our market. We are preapproved for a conventional loan at 5% down well beyond this price range. We have enough liquidity to put down 10% + our closing costs.

    We've lost 3 multiple-offer scenarios so far (no seller costs or home warranty in any offer):

    1. Offered 6% over list, $2.5k earnest, 10 day inspection, 10% down, appraisal contingency. Seller cited not liking appraisal contingency.
    2. Offered 6% over list, $2.5k earnest, 7 day inspection, 10% down, appraisal contingency. No response from seller or their agent at all.
    3. Offered 8% over list, $3k earnest, 7 day inspection, 10% down, appraisal contingency only if it appraised below 98% of our offer price. Seller cited preferring a higher down-payment offer.

    All these offers have been made the day of our showing, which has been 0 -- 2 days after the house entered the market.

    Any ideas on how to strengthen our offers? Anything our agent or lender could present differently that might help?

    submitted by /u/prof806
    [link] [comments]

    Making offer and percentage down

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I'm currently looking at homes and I have the 20% down payment and then some. If I submit an offer on a home stating I'm putting 20% down do I have to or can I decide to put 10-15% down after the offer is accepted. I personally like the liquidity and a lot of my money is tied up in the stock market.

    submitted by /u/robp1976
    [link] [comments]

    Earnest money question

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Is the earnest money separate or part of the down payment? My realtor specified in our contract that we should pay earnest money and separately the full down payment. I keep reading that the earnest money is applied to either closing costs or earnest money.

    submitted by /u/Future_Tell
    [link] [comments]

    Assuming Ownership Of Family Cottage -- With My Sister!

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    It's a beach-front cottage in Michigan, old, small and pretty rustic; needs many updates, though as a family we have been comfortable there for many decades, seasonally. Out of several siblings, my one sister and I are taking title to the property. My question is not about how the other siblings will react to this -- we've been through acceptance and denial letters, and all of the rest are on board with taking their cash from my parents' trust instead of title to the property. So all that drama is laid to rest.

    I foresee that my one sister and I will set up an LLC to manage the property that we are taking title to. One, to hammer out agreements about how we will use it, maintain it and upgrade it, and Two to manage payment and liability.

    My question for you all is if a simple LLC is the way to proceed. Am I missing anything?

    submitted by /u/guppy1979
    [link] [comments]

    How often do apartments have a limit on how many units can be rented out?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Still new to this. There was an apartment unit that I was interested in for renting out later down the line, but the listing agent said that the apartment building reached its limit for # of rentable units. My question is, does every apartment have a policy like this? Or is it just for some of them? And how many % of the building would be rental units? Thanks

    submitted by /u/throwaway12380404
    [link] [comments]

    Wait it out or lowball it?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Wanted lots of professional opinions and voices weighing in on this so here it goes:

    Husband and I fell in love with a home. Home is vacant,owned by an investor. We went to a showing and noticed lots of shoddy workmanship. Decided it was listed for more we are willing to pay due to lack of finishing the job. Did some digging and also found out the roof is 20-25 years old and septic was listed as unsatisfactory by town. No sellers disclosure. Now we really think it's overpriced, plus it's on a main road. We still love it and with listings drying up, not really sure how to proceed. We think it's overpriced by about 100-150 thousand based on all we would need to fix or do ourselves. Basically looks like they made it pretty for pictures. So...Be patient? Offer lowball? Run away? Our realtor is awesome but wanted to hear from a broad range of opinions. Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/Marbarro18
    [link] [comments]

    50k enough?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Hi all I work as an lpn full time. I just started a few months ago, and as of right now my yearly salary will be anywhere between 40-50k. Is that enough to start saving for real estate? I still live with my mom so I'm wondering if I need to go back to school for a few years to increase my pay or just start saving now. I live in MA.

    submitted by /u/Tostitos153
    [link] [comments]

    HOA rental approval taking longer than expected

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice. My fiancé and I found a condo that we would like to rent (South Florida) We got a leasing contract written up with the landlord, all we need now is to be approved by the HOA. We submitted our HOA application to the management company and they sent our application to the HOA board for approval. The HOA board has 30 days to approve us. It will be 30 days tomorrow and we haven't heard a word from them. What can we do, if anything? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/carolcalhoun
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment