• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Does anyone know who insured the NCAA Basketball tournament (The NCAA received $270 million from an event cancellation insurance policy)? Insurance

    Does anyone know who insured the NCAA Basketball tournament (The NCAA received $270 million from an event cancellation insurance policy)? Insurance


    Does anyone know who insured the NCAA Basketball tournament (The NCAA received $270 million from an event cancellation insurance policy)?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    The NCAA received $270 million from an event cancellation insurance policy:

    https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-ripple-effects-march-sadness-422350d2-151f-4aaf-adca-1a280bd3e5a3.html

    Does anyone know who insured them? Is it likely that several insurance companies paid out the claim (through reinsurance maybe)?

    submitted by /u/evopcat
    [link] [comments]

    Considering on working as a claims adjuster, what does the job entail and how stressful can it be?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    1. Are claims adjusters the person you call when you get into an accident? If yes, how many calls a day do you handle?

    2. What does a typical day look like for an entry level/trainee?

    3. I've read that this is a job where you get hands on training and learn as you go, so is there room for mistakes?

    4. On a scale of 1-5, how stressful is it? Is stress dependent on how productive and efficient you are or will you experience this no matter what?

    5. I enjoy helping people and working with people, however I can be offput by confrontational people. I have a ton of experience in customer service so I'm familiar, but do you gain any fulfillment after helping someone?

    6. Is this an isolating job? What is your work environment like?

    7. Also, what skills would help me exceed in this career?

    submitted by /u/IFUDIEIDIE
    [link] [comments]

    [Auto] How much am I entitled to for loss of use?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    I got my car fixed and now I need to request for loss of use and diminshed value. I used the 17c calculator to establish diminished value, but I am not sure how to calculate loss of use. State Farm told me I would be entitled to this if I rejected a rental car, and I did reject a rental car because my parents were willing to loan me a car. How do I go about calculating that?

    submitted by /u/CovfefeWithSugar
    [link] [comments]

    I want to apply for a claims adjuster position, does Covid19 have an affect on hiring at this time?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    question for loss of medicare or medicaid

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    so here is a little backround info. im going to a trade school and as of right now they shut down due to the covid-19 pandemic. I am currently at home with my parents until this whole thing blows over. Well i'm wanting to get a job while i'm here cause I dont like sitting around doing nothing. My parents had told me that if I get a job that we will loose our health insurance because the household makes too much money. Is there any solution that would allow me to work without the possibility of my household loosing our health insurance?

    submitted by /u/papacalvin
    [link] [comments]

    Aon- Willis

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if the AON -Willis merger has gotten past the regulators approval? Where does this stand?

    submitted by /u/Rudydog1
    [link] [comments]

    Tattoos - Are they frowned upon in the insurance industry?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    I have been getting a lot of tattoos that can't be seen but I am thinking about getting full sleeves done. I would never want to miss a position because of my appearance. Would noticeable tattoos be something to avoid in the future?

    submitted by /u/SellingTheDream
    [link] [comments]

    How does Kaiser treat medications that have been pre-approved by other insurers?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    When I was with Kaiser I had a diagnosis of a medical problem but they would not cover the medication I needed, saying they only give it to pediatric patients after a certain test that was given in the pediatric injection clinic. My doctor there tried to get the test set up for me anyway, but couldn't due to red tape.

    My spouse got a new job and we left Kaiser, moved to Anthem, and was able to get the medication approved without the test. Now my spouse has been laid off and my guess is we will end up back at Kaiser. (It's a very popular option for employers around here.)

    My question is whether Kaiser is any better at covering pre-existing medications that come in pre-approved from another insurance company or will I end up back where I started? I feel much better so I'm pretty stressed about the possibility.

    submitted by /u/spud_boy
    [link] [comments]

    What is an umbrella policy and why should i get

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    My limits on my car insurance 100/300/50 should i look into a umbrella and why?

    submitted by /u/brap123_
    [link] [comments]

    Teladoc Question

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    My wife and I were exposed to Covid through our next door neighbors who were recently tested and were both positive. We are in Philadelphia, PA. I searched online and found where they are doing testing locally. I called Penn Medicine (a local hospital) to register for testing and was asked for my insurance information. I told the rep on the phone I thought the testing was free. I was informed the Covid test is free but they need my insurance information because I have to have a Teladoc session with one of their providers to see if I meet the criteria. I have Teladoc benefits and for an in-network provider it's a 10 dollar copay. If its an out-of-network provider I pay 50% after my deductible. I asked what provider I would be talking to to see if they are in-network. I was told they don't know who I will speak to. I asked them if they'll bill through the hospital (that is in-network) or the provider. They said they don't know. I ended up not registering for the test because I didn't want to get charged to speak to an out-of-network provider during the Teladoc session. I called the number on the back of my Teladoc card to see what they said and the wait times were hours long so I asked for a call back and still haven't heard back.

    Did I do the right thing? I've heard horror stories about people going to an in-network facility/hospital/providers office and end up getting seen by someone out of their network and getting a large bill.

    submitted by /u/Fourlec
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Progressive Snapshot app

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    I signed up for it about 13 days ago and it is not showing most of my trips. I've driven about 9 of those 13 days and it is only showing two trips. One which wasn't accurate as it only showed half the way. Is this normal or is something wrong. I have AT&T 4g internet and Note 10 plus.

    submitted by /u/mercusu
    [link] [comments]

    The Hartford Insurance Group as a place to work

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    Hey r/insurance,

    I was offered a position at the Hartford recently and am prepared to take it. Though I am leaving a position (at a different large Insurer) and the current economic downturn has me feeling a little sweaty about the move. I was wondering two things:

    Is The Hartford financially sound enough to weather the current economic downturn?

    How is the company as a whole to work for?

    THanks !

    submitted by /u/mmmsjbf
    [link] [comments]

    Allstate (NC) Total Loss, Fighting valuation

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    I have Allstate myself but my car was recently hit and totaled by another Allstate insured.

    2013 Camry SE 165k

    $6180 Offer ($6500 after taxes and tags)

    Basis was CCC valuation that used lower mileage cars, one local car (100k miles $10,200) and cars in South Carolina and Maryland.

    KBB/others are $8700-9100. There are lots of high mileage locals in $8-9k range.

    I was just trying to negotiate up another $500 or so but they are unflexable. I considering suing there insured for damages. This will cost $126 in total filing fees, with the assumption they would just settle at that point. I've sat on there offer days and had there rental car for 12 days now.

    Advise? I paid cash for the car and don't have much of an issue just buying a new car, just trying to maximize value.

    submitted by /u/paper_killa
    [link] [comments]

    Canadians in the industry - what's TD Insurance like?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    I have an offer for a summer internship to be part of their claims adjuster position. It's called Catastrophe Claims and I believe it deals with mainly auto and home insurance.

    Any Canadians in the industry: what's it like especially if you work for TD Insurace? Pros/cons of this company? What's TD Insurance's reputation like in the industry?

    Insurance is something I've been interested in but I haven't really thought much about it until now. Is it possible to transition into an underwriting position a few years down the road and vice versa? I ask that as it's also a position that caught my eye as well. Seems like claims and underwriting are the two main branches that people enter first. The hiring manager stated that a lot of people they hire back full time (I graduate next year) initially started out as summer interns, so if insurance turns out to be something I really enjoy, I'm definitely going to try to make the best out of it.

    submitted by /u/Flat_Enthusiasm
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance rate my 08 Civic Vs gf's 09 civic

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Hi all, my gf and I combined our Auto insurance last year and we recently got our new 6mo statements.

    Mine was $356 for full coverage of my 08 Honda Civic 4door sedan Hers is $514 for the same coverage of her 09 Honda Civic 4door sedan.

    Is there any reason hers is 31% higher than mine?

    Only thing on our records is she was tboned 3yrs ago and it totalled her car, but the other driver was deemed 100% at fault.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/B-Georgio
    [link] [comments]

    how, if at all, does the current market impact auto insurance rates?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Excuse my ignorance but, how, if at all, does the current market impact auto insurance rates?

    Is this a good time to shop for lower rates? Is it a worse time? I honestly have no idea how the market impacts auto insurance.

    submitted by /u/The-Deviant-One
    [link] [comments]

    I'm interested in working as a claims adjuster, but is it true that this job makes it difficult to take a vacation due to its workload?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    Is it true that "vacation time" doesn't really exist for you guys? I've read that your workload continues to build and build even when you're not there and upon returning it's a bitch to catch up and feels much more stressful. How do you guys take time off of work without having to worry about that?

    submitted by /u/yoohfooker
    [link] [comments]

    UK- My car insurance policy has started but still isn't "finalised/validated" by the insurer. Can I still drive?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    They wanted me to send a licence summary, I sent it, but now they are saying there's some problem where the dates don't match the dates at the start of the policy or something? I'm not sure what's going on. But my licence is definitely valid.

    submitted by /u/SultanSaatana
    [link] [comments]

    **** Please Advise*****Crazy Realtor****

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    My wife and I are currently selling our condo in Florida. We have aluminum wiring as do the majority of houses in Florida. We are in contract and it states that all light boxes, switches, appliances and fixtures would be remediated. We hired a professional electrician insured and are having the work permitted and inspected by the city. Our electrician stated Alumicons are only needed on switches and outlets under code. As light fixtures, ceiling fans and dimmers have co/alum 18 gage stranded wiring and are held together with we are being told by a home inspector that we have to have Alumicons installed on every junction box, switch, dimmer, light fixture and celing fan. a spring wire nut and do not require an alumicon.

    Now they are stating they must be done as they will not be insured via the insurance if it is not done. Is that true?

    submitted by /u/SnydsDotCom
    [link] [comments]

    6 month policy refund

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I recently purchased a 6 month policy with StateFarm and paid in full. 2 weeks goes by and I receive a call stating that they found something in the underwriting and they're choosing not to cover me anymore. They said I had until May to purchase a new policy with someone else and that they will refund me back.

    The letter stating what they found in the underwriting is very unclear. The gist of it is "my credit." I'm 20 years old and I have fair credit. No other insurance company has does this to me & I've only held one insurance since the age of 16.

    Anyways, fine. I purchased Progressive. I was insured with StateFarm for 2 weeks. I paid $1,340 for a 6 month policy and they refunded me $840. The math doesn't add up and I don't want to get scammed but they're cutting me short about $300, I didn't terminate my policy, they told ME to find a new policy with someone else.

    I plan on calling the StateFarm agent who I've been working with, but do you all know maybe why they would refund me a short amount? Any other advice you can offer seeing as how I'm accustoming to this whole adulting thing 😪

    submitted by /u/reoltlaonc
    [link] [comments]

    I live in a flat and want to get contents insurance but my address is showing as all the addresses in the block. What happens if I need to claim?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    When we enter our address into insurance providers websites, it displays all the flats in the block. For example, we live in Flat 45 and the address range shows as 36-45. So the address shows as '36-45 Example Court, Example Street, Exampleville, e.t.c.' I can't manually change this and I can't call any providers due to the call centres being closed due to the Coronavirus.

    If I were to make a claim, would the insurance company understand that even though it says 36-45 on the claim, we are only claiming for the flat we live in - 45.

    I have already contacted Royal Mail and they cannot change this address as the flats use a communal post box. I guess I could wait for the virus stuff to blow over and then give the insurance companies a call, but then that's a risk in case something were to happen in the flat before then.

    Any help or advice would be really appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/calvins48
    [link] [comments]

    Newly Licensed Driver, First Time Car Buyer

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Once this Coronavirus stuff dies down, I'll be a licensed driver for the first time at age 38. I've never bought a car, or any sort of insurance before, other than health through employers. I've played with a bunch of different interest offers and calculators, and have determined that I can afford, roughly, a $22,000 vehicle - hopefully.

    The insurance piece of it is tougher to gauge. I've gotten a few quotes with nightmarish rates of like $700/mo - because I have no experience. Others have quoted me at $400/mo, which is still pretty horrid. I got one quote around $200/mo, but was told they'd have to get final approval before giving me that price. so it's not guaranteed.

    At $400 or more a month for insurance, the vehicle quickly becomes unaffordable. At $200ish, it's managable. But I really don't know what my price will be.

    I already know what car I want, model and all. But won't settle on a specific one (VIN) until probably late April (again, Coronavirus shutdowns, license). What are the steps to take here? I don't want to go through all the trouble of getting financing, making an offer on a vehicle, only to find out I won't be able to afford to insure it.

    (I live near Boston, which is probably why the rates are so high.)

    submitted by /u/AsuranFish
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Claim Denial

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    For starters, I'm in the state of Florida. My vehicle currently having a claims issue is a 2015 Mercedes GL450 with about 98,000 miles. My car insurance company is Progressive and I've been a member for over a decade. I've never had an at fault claim.

    TL;DR - Never had an oil leak and properly maintained the vehicle prior to striking an object on the highway. Despite no obvious outward physical damage, vehicle developed oil leak on the day the object was struck, but I didn't know this until after the vehicle ceased operating. Claim has been denied because adjuster doesn't think damage to oil pan caused by the struck object, resulted in oil leak that led to current issue. How can I get the denial reversed?

    Full story:

    Approximately three weeks ago on a Monday, I was driving on the highway during rush hour and hit an object in the roadway. I believe it was metal but don't know for certain and there was no way for me to pull over at the time. I went to a friend's house for dinner and didn't notice any physical damage upon initial inspection. Two days later, a notification came up on my dash saying to check my oil at next refueling. I figured it was merely a notification because my next oil change was due within about 500 miles. Nonetheless, I checked the oil and noticed it was low, but not terribly low, so I added a couple quarts to get it back within range.

    The following day, on my way home, I was driving on the highway and the vehicle completely died and I had to coast to the shoulder. I tried to restart but it wouldn't start. I called AAA and had it towed to the local dealership. They looked at it the following day and said the issue was the battery and starter. Given that it died while driving, this diagnosis seemed odd, plus the dealership wanted to charge around $2500. I decided to look for second opinions and got a recommendation from a friend for a local shop. This friend was the same person who I had dinner with the night I hit the object on the highway. He proceeded to tell me that he noticed an oil spot on his driveway the morning after I had been to his house. Up until this point I hadn't connected hitting the object to the current issue. I had the vehicle towed to the shop he recommended.

    The mechanic evaluated the issue and noticed that there was an apparent oil leak. This had never been an issue with this vehicle previously. As such, he said that if the engine seized as a result of lack of oil, the engine replacement would likely cost over $10k. I contacted Progressive at this point. It took them over 2 weeks to send an adjuster who looked under the vehicle and, despite seeing a dent in the oil pan, denied the claim stating that the dent wouldn't have caused the oil leak because the leak was higher up on the motor. While the object I hit may not have punctured the oil pan, it seems plausible that the object could have knocked something else loose, causing the leak. Again, I didn't have an oil leak before hitting the object and have properly maintained the vehicle, so I do not believe that the oil leak would have occurred if I hadn't hit the object that caused the dent in the oil pan.

    In this instance, what is the most effective way to dispute the claim denial and what steps should I take to get the denial reversed? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Krussdog46
    [link] [comments]

    No Fault Accident Benefits [ON, Canada]

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    Back in February I was rear ended by a truck making a u-turn. I took a few days to recover at home, went to a walk-in clinic and got a referral for an ultrasound.

    The ultrasound showed my left meniscus is torn on both sides and recommended an MRI, which I also got a referral for. But with the strain currently on the system, I'm obviously not able to get one at this time.

    I'm concerned about having my claim denied. I was told about the no fault accident benefits and just googled it to see that it's a thing. Later, I actually read up on it and discovered you need to notify your insurance company of your intent to file with seven days.

    I neglected to do this because I assumed I should get checked out fully before making any claim (also I'm a cyclist, so I don't have auto insurance in the first place) and now I'm worried I screwed myself.

    I just want to be reimbursed for my bike and for any physio that I may need as a result of the meniscus tear. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/drytiger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment