• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 25, 2020

    Accounting Working from home vibes.

    Accounting Working from home vibes.


    Working from home vibes.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    How I feel as an intern “working from home”

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    HELP

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Thank you for your service

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    This meme was brought to you by Pfx Gang

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    F’s in the chat for some of us

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Yeah accounting is a big deal

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    Mama mia!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Auditors - how lost are you?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    I started beginning of this year and I am very lost. Apparently I'm supposed to figure things out and sometimes I do... but it's like every engagement that I go, it's different (well obviously I guess) and I always end up asking for help for almost everything!

    I just want to know, how lost are you guys? To keep it unskewed as possible, I'd appreciate it if you'd reply even if you're NOT lost.

    Please state... How long you've been an auditor and How lost you are :)

    submitted by /u/Usernamepicked11112
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 2020 Summer Interns

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Have you all heard any updates? I have friends in different industries getting their internship moved to virtual ones, other friends getting theirs canceled. What do you think will happen?

    submitted by /u/TheWolfOfPikeStreet
    [link] [comments]

    I hate my job. What else can I do with an accounting degree?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    I currently work for a bank and the work is so boring. I find myself wanting to die halfway through the day everyday.

    submitted by /u/OedipustheOctopus
    [link] [comments]

    PwC Internship Response

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I had my interview a week ago and haven't heard back. I applied for the audit summer 2021 internship and I know people usually hear back hours after their interviews. Should I be worried?

    Edit: also, if you applied to a similar internship have you heard back yet?

    submitted by /u/devourthatass
    [link] [comments]

    Accept Big 4 Offer or hold out for Finance internships

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    I did an internship with EY audit this winter and ended up getting the full-time offer, but overall I didn't really enjoy audit and think it would be better to try valuations/consulting. Therefore should I reject this offer and try to intern again for valuations/consulting or accept the offer and transfer in the future?

    submitted by /u/Mooseinbullet
    [link] [comments]

    Job Offer put on hold because of Pandemic

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    I just felt like I needed to rant. I am a big 4 senior in a large west coast US city and has been interviewing since last December. After FINALLY getting past all the technical interviews, coffee chats, shaking hands with the VP's, I received my offer in early March for a large Private Equity firm I was targeting. As the paperwork was getting prepared by HR and background checks going through, the virus puts everything on lockdown and now my offer is placed on "indefinite hold" because of this virus. The worst part is that there is a looming recession (which places my job at risk of being cancelled) and the longer this virus holds out, the higher the chance that my role gets pulled.

    I was extremely pissed off that my offer happens to coincide with the virus taking shape, and that my offer might get pulled because of all this looming uncertainty out there. Now I got to stick it out, roll onto new audit engagements coming up in April/May, and keep up with this BS.

    submitted by /u/FloorGeneral2029
    [link] [comments]

    Types of performance reviewer

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    The Goldfish - Will forget everything you did, good or bad, for the entirety of your time on the engagement and subsequently reviews you on how you performed in the final week or 2 of the engagement.

    The Prick/Bitch - Will heavily focus on the negatives over the positives. Did great work for 95% of the audit? Fuck you, getting a medicore review for that shitty 5%.

    The CopyPaster - Will give you an average review no matter what you did. Got the firm close to getting fired? No worries, average. Did the entire audit in the space of a week? Who cares, average.

    The Optimist - Will give you a favorable review no matter what.

    The Myth - Actually reviews you fairly.

    What other types of reviewers have you guys come across?

    submitted by /u/TupacTuvok
    [link] [comments]

    What have you actually learned ever since you been working in the Big4?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Knowledge you didn't gain at school. Everyone at networking events keeps telling me they learn something new everyday.

    submitted by /u/bullmarket6969
    [link] [comments]

    EY interview

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I had a virtual interview yesterday with EY. It was two 30 minute long interviews with partners from the assurance department. I think it went pretty well, it was mostly conversational but I still got a bit nervous. I was just wondering for those who were given an offer, how long did it take you to hear back? I've read that a lot of people get an offer the next day but I figured with everything that's going on in the country right now it might take them a while to get back to me. I have friends who recently interviewed with PwC and got an offer the next day. Should I be worried? What's the usual time frame?

    submitted by /u/oliviabenson9
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here realized they like finance more after getting the accounting degree?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    I think I think finance more but I'm graduating in May

    submitted by /u/bullmarket6969
    [link] [comments]

    When calculating the tax value of the Boot, do you use ACB or UCC?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Should I change my major to accounting?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I chose to be a teacher for some reason. I want out of my elementary ed major. Just the thought of being around annoying kids all day for shit pay is irritating. This is the only major that will give me a stable job and w decent salary, but it sounds boring as fuck. Like depressing boring.

    I'm not very good at math, and don't like it either, but I'm willing to learn. I just want a damn job. I don't want to graduate and work in customer service.

    submitted by /u/Spirited-Lychee
    [link] [comments]

    My bosses are pissed off at me. Will it be a matter of time before I get laid off or do you think I’ll be okay as long as I do the work?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    I tore a tendon in my right foot (have no idea when it'll heal and can't get an MRI until the summer due to the virus) after walking into a hole outside my office building 2.5 months ago. I'd switched from Big 4 (audit) to industry (staff accountant) last September and was hoping for more lax work hours, but the hours were still rough (and way less flexible) and I'd been cramming to finish the CPA after getting home from work at 8-9pm everyday.

    Honestly, I should've gone on short term disability, but I still kept driving to work (20 miles each way via HIGHWAY) with my left foot everyday. I was on crutches, everyone knew I was driving with my left foot, yet I was still asked to go into the office everyday + on a weekend. After 6 weeks of stress and almost getting into a car accident, I had a complete mental breakdown and told my boss (via email) that I wanted a few weeks off (unpaid) to heal my foot (and go see a doc). I'd talked to him and another manager about working from home (I was not allowed a home laptop at the time), but WFH has always been discouraged and getting it approved by IT kept dragging on and on and on.

    Shit hit the fan and my colleagues/boss went from being very friendly towards me to being outright nasty. A new hire who'd started after President's Day quit that week. No one had remembered that before this, I hadn't taken any days off and was working way more than 45 hours/week. It's funny because our state went on lockdown two weeks later due to COVID-19 and now most folks are working from home.

    It took a pandemic for my bosses to push IT to send me a laptop. Most of the work can be done from home anyway but I'm always the one who gets ad hoc projects thrown at that they don't want me to work from home.

    Everyone seems to be very pissed off at me. My boss used to love me and even he is now distant. For example, I have called him and also left him a voice memo because I had questions, but he just emailed me back. Maybe the voice memo to his personal phone was unprofessional, but neither of us has a work phone and email can be so frustrating. In the office, he'd talk to me a lot. I feel like the black sheep during these team calls now. My boss used to direct almost all his attention towards me during in-person team meetings and now I'm always the last one mentioned - almost like an afterthought.

    TLDR; I took off for 2.5 weeks (unplanned and also unpaid) for the sake of my health. I tore a freaking tendon in my foot, which is still swollen after almost 3 months, and have been on crutches since. Because I took off, everyone on my team has treated me very coolly. Everyone's working from home now and I am too because of the virus which is great for my foot, but it feels like I might get laid off in the future. What do you think?

    Oh and my boss thinks I should've ubered to the office everyday (despite the fact that it's $30 each way and I make 60 grand a year).

    submitted by /u/furmuffin55
    [link] [comments]

    EY Risk Advisory Case Study

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    I have my interview tomorrow (for an internship) and there's a case study. Does anyone know anything about what these are like? I'm super stressed about it. Do I need to do research before?

    submitted by /u/dr_greasy_lips
    [link] [comments]

    How to get experience and skills during quarantine

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    I'm a sophomore college student that just decided to pursue accounting. To graduate on time I'm also planning on taking summer classes(which works conviently due to lack of interships) and was able to start an accounting tax internship this spring that ended a month early and is up in the air depending on when quarantine ends. I applied for summer internships but most likely that won't happen and with all the extra time I'm thinking I should be working on improving my skills. All I can think of is learning to better use excel thru online sources and maybe learn to navigate QuickBooks better. Any other softwares or skills I should focus on or tips to learn these skills at home? I'm so worried about getting internships and later a job that pays decently. I know I have some time though

    submitted by /u/Automatic-Maximum
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment