• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’re left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.” Sales and Selling

    “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’re left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.” Sales and Selling


    “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’re left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.”

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 03:55 AM PST

    And likely an empty pipeline, too.

    submitted by /u/AngryPringle
    [link] [comments]

    How do you not sound desperate when asking why previous referral partners have slowed/stopped sending you business?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:43 AM PST

    I'll get compliance from individuals who'll send me business, and they did at first; pretty regularly at that. Well, a few months in, and now their referrals have slowed. My process hasn't changed - I'm still regularly visiting them, talking them up, bringing them food/drinks/etc. However, it just feels like they're not telling their clients about me, or they're not sending me the information I need so I can get their clients quotes.

    How do you go about asking those partners "hey, why haven't I gotten any leads from you recently" without sounding like a needy asshole?

    submitted by /u/Geaux
    [link] [comments]

    Fixing my mental game

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:07 AM PST

    When I was in my early twenties I thought the mental game was all kind of "woo-woo". Perhaps I had more internal motivation, being younger and more naive.

    Now close to 30 I find myself struggling immensely in Outside Sales. I know I am super negative in my internal speak. I encounter anxiety during cold calling that seems to almost paralyzed me. I know I shouldn't, but knowing and doing seem to be super difficult to connect.

    Anyone have any podcasts they recommend that talk about fixing our mental game? Getting ourselves "game ready" everyday?

    submitted by /u/ssflne
    [link] [comments]

    How to reach out to sales managers through linkedin/email to get a job?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:29 PM PST

    Would you think these would be sufficient? I was going for short and sweet but might be too generic.

    Job Position is Posted

    Hi <Name>! I just submitted my application for the BDR position and wanted to proactively reach out. I'd love to learn more about how you run your team at <company> and share a little bit about why I think I'd be great fit for the role. <Optional flattery or comment based on what I see on linkedin>. Do you have 15 minutes open for a call this Thursday?

    No Job Position Posted

    Hi <Name>,

    I came across <company> in <something> and found <x> incredibly fascinating. I'd love to play a part in bringing this technology to leading companies around the world as a BDR.

    I didn't see any positions posted on the careers page but I saw on Linkedin that you have a sizeable BDR presence. I figured not every open position is advertised and I was so intrigued by the technology and culture that I had to reach out.

    If i'm on-base, do you have 15 minutes this Thursday to explore potential opportunities and learn more about your team?

    submitted by /u/ExtraFirmpillow
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone be interested in posts about which large companies are currently hiring sales people?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 06:04 PM PST

    Many of you have reached out after my last post, and I hope it was somewhat helpful.

    Would anyone be interested in posts about which large companies are hiring large quantities of sales people?

    FYI Hearst ($10B+ annually) is hiring right now.

    https://hearst.referrals.selectminds.com/newspapers/jobs/digital-media-sales-executive-7706

    submitted by /u/Agnia_Barto
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Kick Off Ideas

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:25 AM PST

    Hey guys, so my company is having a sko in vegas this year. We are trying to think of a theme that will grab everyones attention - something with "globals got talent" where we get all the executive to have a talent show. But, we want to make sure that the 500-600 people attending are excited and want to engage with whats going on. Was thinking Cirque du Soleil - i think that will definitely have everybody excited and amped up. Any thoughts? Anything you have seen that you'd recommend?

    submitted by /u/mamemeha
    [link] [comments]

    I’m an advertising sales consultant and both my family physician and my therapist are my clients.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:44 AM PST

    That's right. I have to sell advertising space to the dudes that respectively give me hernia checks and std tests, and know all about my emotional struggles. This is very awkward for me. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Do you find it kind of strange? How do you overcome the weirdness?

    Side note: I've looked into going to the local health department for STD testing, but they're also my client.

    submitted by /u/perpetually_unsynced
    [link] [comments]

    I Can Sell...Now What?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:03 AM PST

    I'm coming from a IT support career and pretty new to sales. I was very depressed and was treated like a slave by every single employer I had, I believe it's just the nature of IT.

    A month ago I started a job at a retail store just to see if I can sell the technology I had been working on for my entire (7+ year) career. Turns out I can! I have certain numbers and accessories/subscriptions I need to sell. Whenever the store itself is low on those numbers I'm usually one of the people who helps hit those numbers and then I get praised for it. This never happened in IT, I may have been unprompted-thanked three times in my career. At the store I'm thanked at least multiple times a day by management and/or customers. Which is great for getting over self-esteem issues. I am also about average in overall quarterly sales and sometimes surpass employees who have been there for 3+ years. There are days when I sell the most out of the entire store too!

    I've been talking to any of the sales reps from big companies that show up to learn about sales positions at those places. Some of those guys have watched me sell and were impressed when they have seen me demo products and close a sale. These are usually seasoned guys with 10+ years of sales exp.

    I plan to stay at the store for six months to a year. People say my tech background is really good and that I just need a proven track record in order to make into an SDR/AE role at a big tech company. I understand SDR/BDR is a bit different than retail sales, mostly consisting of phone stuff, which I don't have a lot of exp in. AE seems to be something I would be way better at. What can I do in the meantime to prepare for this? If it helps I'm in the NYC area.

    submitted by /u/moderatenerd
    [link] [comments]

    Apptivo Premium - Any users out there that can give me feedback?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:50 AM PST

    I am planning to switch from Salesforce to either Zoho or Apptivo. In the first round, Apptivo is more attractive as it is cheaper than Zoho.

    We are 4 users, we do send mass mail, we integrate with Gmail, and we want to see when our emails are received.

    Any Apptivo users out there that can give me their feedback?

    submitted by /u/ReigRod
    [link] [comments]

    Apptivo Premium - Any users out there that can give me feedback?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:40 AM PST

    I am planning to switch from Salesforce to either Zoho or Apptivo. In the first round, Apptivo is more attractive as it is cheaper than Zoho.

    We are 4 users, we do send mass mail, we integrate with Gmail, and we want to see when our emails are received.

    Any Apptivo users out there that can give me their feedback?

    submitted by /u/ReigRod
    [link] [comments]

    Presentations during interviews

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:03 AM PST

    I have to prepare a 10m presentation on what I know about the company as part of an interview. I'm wondering what the key points I have to cover are.

    Any input is appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Waldington7
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Team Productivity

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:44 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I lead a sales team at an AdTech company (we sell data used by ad agencies to understand their best targets). I have a team of fresh SDRs, and I have a two-fold challenge we are struggling with.

    The first: My team is green. I'm going through and coaching as much as possible, reviewing their outreaches and communications but I am having trouble getting them to learn more quickly. This is a difficult space to learn, but some of the struggles I see pertain more to general best practices than industry inexperience. Do you all have any insight on economical, quality sales training resources?

    The second (and probably tougher): Connecting with prospects. In my experience you have to approach outbound prospecting from a multi-channel perspective, but it seems like these agencies have set in place IVR and directory systems that are designed to lead SDRs into a black hole. Emails are still working, though not at the levels I'd like which is a messaging problem I'm working through. Is there anyone here with experience selling into marketing agencies? Are you seeing the same things?

    For insight: we are using SalesLoft for prospecting and Winmo for leads and info.

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/rwcjr198a4
    [link] [comments]

    Getting past gate keeper with no contact name

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:35 AM PST

    Hi guys, I'm struggling to get past the gatekeeper when I don't have a contact name. I'm calling on the right department but I simply just need for the gatekeeper to either give up a name or transfer me. What are your go to openings without sounding like a used car salesmen? Anytime I use "Can I speak with the person in charge of xyz" I usually end up getting hung up on or being transferred to a bogus voicemail. Can you guys share any successfully proven openers?

    submitted by /u/flippytuck
    [link] [comments]

    CSV --> LinkedIn Sales Nav?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:08 AM PST

    I absolutely love LinkedIn for prospecting, but a lot of the setup work can be pretty tedious. Does anyone know if/how you can upload a csv to the custom search or list feature on Sales Nav?

    ex. My territory is reassigned, and I have a list of new accounts. I'd like to create a custom search for those accounts in Sales Nav to track new hires, 2nd degree connects, etc. and save each of those accounts inside of an account list.

    I've found that I'm either copy/pasting a long list of accounts into a search field (which sometimes means the right accounts aren't pulled in) or stuck manually selecting each individual account.

    Hopefully, I'm just missing something here

    submitted by /u/alwaysbehelping
    [link] [comments]

    Sales mentor

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:25 AM PST

    Hey! I see everywhere that people have problems with selling, influencing people. Because im starting im willing to take 3 students and teach for free. All I want is testimonials. So if you need a help and you want to get value completely for free. Just send me a massage and then we will go from there. Have a good day!

    submitted by /u/luqazs
    [link] [comments]

    When A Rookie Asks Me How I Close Big Deals

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 03:34 PM PST

    This pretty much explains how it's done...

    PRO CLOSER

    submitted by /u/Benick4
    [link] [comments]

    Best books or courses

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:27 PM PST

    Hello guys. Sorry if this question was asked before, but what are some of the best books or courses for a 18 who aspires to become a successful entrepreneur. I have no experience in sales whatsoever, but I realize that I am the age where I need to invest in myself before anything else.

    submitted by /u/lawes8
    [link] [comments]

    Any BDC Managers/Directors out here interested in sharing process ideas? (Car Dealerships)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:01 PM PST

    Seeking Advice on Starting In Pharmaceutical Sales

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:24 PM PST

    I'm a Seattle based sales professional with almost 10 years experience in my industry. I'm looking to change my career as I feel like I've plateaued and I think I want to do pharmaceutical sales. Does anyone have any professional advice or leads?

    Here's the original post I put on my Facebook:

    "I've been quiet about it, but thought to put it out there. Although I'm still working at the dealership, it's time to change careers. I'm thinking pharmaceutical sales per some advice I sought from trusted friends. I've been taking the proper steps (new resume, updated LinkedIn, networking with pharmaceutical professionals, applying to every pharmaceutical sales job I see, etc.) to break into pharmaceutical sales and I've been seriously looking for about 3 months. I've had a few leads, but sadly, nothing has led to an ideal outcome yet. I'm asking for leads and advice to break into pharmaceutical sales. If you know someone I can connect with about this, please let me know.."

    submitted by /u/tlehrer
    [link] [comments]

    Starting an advertising job, need advice.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 06:59 PM PST

    Hey guys I just got a job today selling ad space in a senior living magazine. It's a small company that has a lot of readers and the area I'll be selling to is pretty much untouched. I've started putting together a spreadsheet of everyone I can contact and the results and all that good stuff but was looking for some advice and guidance from those more experienced in this than me. I have worked in online sales, social media marketing and computer /tech sales before so the selling a product I'm pretty confident in but getting the appointment to do so is where I might need help.

    submitted by /u/BestintheRealm
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here sell solar in the Northeast?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Was wondering if solar is popular in the northern states. How many hours per week do you typically work and what are your earnings?

    submitted by /u/snowyleopard34
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment