• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    Stocks - r/Stocks Daily Discussion & Technicals Tuesday - Feb 04, 2020

    Stocks - r/Stocks Daily Discussion & Technicals Tuesday - Feb 04, 2020


    r/Stocks Daily Discussion & Technicals Tuesday - Feb 04, 2020

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:07 AM PST

    This is the daily discussion, so anything stocks related is fine, but the theme for today is on technical analysis (TA), but if TA is not your thing then just ignore the theme and/or post your arguments against TA here and not in the current post.

    Some helpful day to day links, including news:


    Technical analysis (TA) uses historical price movements, real time data, indicators based on math and/or statistics, and charts; all of which help measure the trajectory of a security. TA can also be used to interpret the actions of other market participants and predict their actions.

    The main benefit to TA is that everything shows up in the price (commonly known as "priced in"): All news, investor sentiment, and changes to fundamentals are reflected in a security's price.

    TA can be useful on any timeframe, both short and long term.

    Intro to technical analysis by Stockcharts chartschool and their article on candlesticks

    If you have questions, please see the following word cloud and click through for the wiki:

    Indicator - Trade Signals - Lagging Indicator - Leading Indicator - Oversold - Overbought - Divergence - Whipsaw - Resistance - Support - Breakout/Breakdown - Alerts - Trend line - Market Participants - Moving average - RSI - VWAP - MACD - ATR - Bollinger Bands - Ichimoku clouds - Methods - Trend Following - Fading - Channels - Patterns - Pivots

    See our past daily discussions here. Also links for: Technicals Tuesday, Options Trading Thursday, and Fundamentals Friday.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tesla Stock Hits $780 Raising More Than 80% Since the Start of the Year

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 03:07 AM PST

    Tesla Stock Hits $780 Raising More Than 80% Since the Start of the Year

    Elon Musk's Tesla has shut the critics with its overwhelming performance in Q4 2019. Tesla (TSLA) stock has stormed Wall Street with its price surging a whopping over 80% since the beginning of 2020.

    Short-sellers are burning their hands on Tesla as the electric car maker released its strong Q4 2019 numbers last week. In less than a week, the Tesla stock has added over $200 to its price making it the first American automobile company to hit $100-billion valuations.

    On Monday, February 3rd, the Tesla stock surged 20% to $780 levels taking the company's valuations at $140 billion. Indeed, with this move, Tesla has taken Wall Street and global investors by surprise. Monday's stock price gain was the biggest one-day surge of Tesla in the last six years.

    Since the beginning of 2020, the Tesla stock price is up 85% in one-of-its-kind performance. Tesla's stock performance has forced analysts to revise the calculation and set up new targets ahead.

    https://thecoinrise.com/tesla-stock-hits-780-raising-more-than-80-since-the-start-of-the-year/

    submitted by /u/TCR_Roberts
    [link] [comments]

    $TSLA: Are you ******** kidding me?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:06 AM PST

    Another 13% jump pre-market? Did I miss any major news while I'm sleeping ?!!!!!

    submitted by /u/b10m1m1cry
    [link] [comments]

    Blink and you'll miss it - half of TSLAs gains today just dissapeared?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Seriously what is the deal with this stock and can anyone really give a rational explanation as to what has been going on these past few days

    submitted by /u/neilcmf
    [link] [comments]

    TSLA above $830 before market opens

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 03:59 AM PST

    If you thought 780 was high. You couldn't even get in at that price if you wanted to. The stock is climbing faster than the market can handle!

    submitted by /u/lucky5150
    [link] [comments]

    Disney shares rise after earnings beat

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:14 PM PST

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/04/disney-dis-earnings-q1-2020.html

    Earnings per share: $1.53 per share vs. 1.44 per share expected, according to analysts surveyed by Refinitiv

    Revenue: $20.86 billion vs. 20.79 billion expected, per Refinitiv

    submitted by /u/coolcomfort123
    [link] [comments]

    Next week - I bought TESLA at 900 and I’m down 200%

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:14 AM PST

    What comes up must come down, and this bubble is getting ready to pop my son.

    If it doesn't then I'll stop investing and just dollar cost the S&P for the rest of my life

    submitted by /u/judohighlights
    [link] [comments]

    This sub has become $TSLA sub. ROFL.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Just wanted to point that out, just in case no one else noticed it. :-)

    submitted by /u/b10m1m1cry
    [link] [comments]

    Stock News not about Tesla or AMD

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:36 AM PST

    Hi I joined this forum a few months ago in order to find new interesting stock news but litterly every second post is about Tesla or AMD. Anyone got their eye on a stock that isn't Microsoft,Alphabet,Amazon or the above mention stocks?

    submitted by /u/MrMatsson
    [link] [comments]

    Stocks are up today here is why that might be

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:14 AM PST

    2 possible reasons could explain today's rise in the market amidst the coronavirus worsening.

    1. China markets ticked up slightly in trading on Tuesday easing fears of a meltdown in Asian markets.

    2. The Iowa caucus mishaps took steam away from anti-market candidates like Sanders and Warren that had momentum going into the voting day in Iowa.

    Other than the 2 above, I have not heard any other significant good news (to the market) that would lend to today's positive performance. Let me know your opinions on this. And look out for tomorrow's market after the results of the caucuses are released this early evening.

    submitted by /u/phatbert
    [link] [comments]

    I am long on TSLA, but sold today 40% of my shares

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:41 PM PST

    It's been crazy. I bought 31 shares in 2017 at 362$ (11.200$). I hold because my mind is set 10-15 years into the future (1 trillion market cap). But today I decided to cover my first investment and sold 13 shares at 912$. It feels good to have 18 free shares. I think the price will come down eventually and I will buy back at some point. I have the dame feeling as I had with Beyond Meat (bought at 69$ and sold at 151$) at the beginning (only 1.500$ initial investment, a good profit).

    I am all in Tesla and share the same vision, but the hype, and the crazy rally is... too much.

    I wish you all the best!

    submitted by /u/pardaletxicotet
    [link] [comments]

    $TSLA shorts are crushed today.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:08 AM PST

    OMG. Up 50% in 2 days! Truly amazing run. Way to go bulls. Chart. Any guesses how far this run is going to last?

    submitted by /u/StocksAndStones-com
    [link] [comments]

    F stock takes a nose dive.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:20 PM PST

    I personally think that F is a stable company and will make the transition to electric cars sooner than later. Does anyone else see this F drop as a buying opportunity? Or am I being to optimistic ?

    submitted by /u/ProudResident
    [link] [comments]

    Formula for how many more shares to buy to average out a loss?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Let's say I bought 300 shares of ABC @ 8.95. Over the year it's done poorly and down 63%, trading at around $3.37 now.

    How would I figure out how many more shares to buy in order for this position to be averaged out to a 0% ROI instead of -63%?

    So far the ways I've tried to calculate this have been wildly wrong so am hoping someone can provide a breakdown to this approach, TIA!

    submitted by /u/super-intelligence
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a new college aged investor

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Hey guys! So I am extremely extremely new when it comes to stocks and investing. I currently hold 3 shares of Microsoft and 2 Shares of Facebook!

    I was just wondering if anyone had an tips or suggestions that would be beneficial for a new investor to know? I feel like I'm addicted at this point and all I want to do is buy buy buy. (Better than thinking I should sell sell sell after making $5 profit 😂)

    submitted by /u/MoneyMartz
    [link] [comments]

    Is NAV a buy or sell?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:47 AM PST

    Thoughts on NAV? They recently got an offer to be purchased by Volkswagen and their stock shot up. What would happen if they took the offer from VW? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Barryzechoppa
    [link] [comments]

    Disney earnings

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    If Disney earnings beat expectations, why has the stock gone down after hours?

    submitted by /u/redditDave96
    [link] [comments]

    Pre market trading. Why don't normies have access? Isn't that a massive advantage for people with already a massive financial advantage?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    Just think everyone should have the opportunity to trade at the same time would be nice.

    submitted by /u/Lief1s600d
    [link] [comments]

    Disney

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:23 PM PST

    Disney beat estimates but why did it lose?

    submitted by /u/qwerty12345qazwsx
    [link] [comments]

    Sell or Hold Twilio before earnings?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:56 AM PST

    I've made good margin so far as I bought it at 100$. Was wondering if i should sell or hold and see what the earnings are...what are your thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/designatedtruth
    [link] [comments]

    What option calls do you have?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:09 AM PST

    I bought my first call MSFT 200 by end of June.

    submitted by /u/New2thisOKC
    [link] [comments]

    Take profits or buy puts?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:48 PM PST

    So this is weird.

    My 3 main holdings are MSFT, AMZN and TSLA, in that order. Held them all for several years and added some more MSFT last year.

    I'm up a decent amount, this month especially, but the recent moves, especially TSLA but the recent action has me wondering, is this starting to look bubbly? Obviously TSLA does look like it might be.

    I don't need the money right now, in fact my time horizon is 5-8 years to pay off the house and retire. Selling would also cost me tax.

    I also own gold as an attempted hedge, it's in profit as I've had most of it for 10+ years.

    Thought about buying puts, never touched options.

    What to do...

    submitted by /u/coldbeers
    [link] [comments]

    $BE earnings is today, and it’s already jumped up $2 in the past 4 days. Is now the time to sell and get out?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Or can it keep rising up? Their specialty is this AlwaysON microgrid that helps cities with power outages, and Bloom Energy has 89 of those systems around the world and they worked beautifully.

    edit: I thought i read it was today. Very soon, but not today

    submitted by /u/Snoreofthebear
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly dividends

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:43 PM PST

    I'm looking for a etf that offers monthly dividend that I can buy and forget about for a while. I'm looking to build a passive income enough to at least cover rent so I'm asking for your guys recommendations

    submitted by /u/DeepWebConspiracies
    [link] [comments]

    Is AMD a good option?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I'm new to investing. I'm sad I missed Tesla but I could invest in that right now. My buddy said I should invest in AMD. Should I?

    submitted by /u/TheMrSkit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment