• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    My car was hit and totaled while parked in front of my house Insurance

    My car was hit and totaled while parked in front of my house Insurance


    My car was hit and totaled while parked in front of my house

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 05:46 PM PST

    I was not inside it. His insurance has admitted fault. My insurance will pay less than what I owe on the car, then my gap insurance will cover the rest. What are my options? Do I call his insurance to assess the value of my car? Do I negotiate with my insurance? I have never done this.

    submitted by /u/grasshat
    [link] [comments]

    Gap Insurance and a broken contract

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:30 PM PST

    I have a friend whose car just got declared totaled, the car is financed through car max and he got the gap insurance on it BUT the financing agreement was that he was to get a 500 deductible on his car insurance but he got a 1000 deductible instead now car max is saying he broke the contract. does that mean the Gap insurance is now not effective? or is the gap insurance a separate thing because it is technically an "add-on".

    submitted by /u/Mel724
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended renters insurance company for belongings in vehicle and trailer during log distance move?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:30 AM PST

    TL;DR Can you recommend any companies for renters insurance that would cover belongings inside trailer and vehicle in the chance that a theft occurred? Does traveling thru multiple states matter when it comes to coverage?

    I'll be driving from California all the way to Virginia soon. We will be pulling a Uhaul trailer full of all of our possessions.

    I am slightly paranoid (ok maybe a bit more than slightly) that we could have our trailer or truck broken into while stopped at hotels for the night. While we will be taking every precaution possible like backing the trailer against walls etc, I also wanted to get renters insurance just in case and for peace of mind. I was hoping I could get some guidance on who to go through for this?

    I had looked into Lemonade a little bit but saw that it isn't available in some states, is this something that could be a problem if a theft did occur in a state that wasn't on their list?

    submitted by /u/GoodSight91
    [link] [comments]

    Is this considered good coverage?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:22 AM PST

    Individual deductable $350 Family Deductable $1050.00 Individual out of pocket $7900 Family out of pocket $15800

    Coinsurance 90%

    I'm curious about this $7900 individual OOP

    submitted by /u/pizza_killer_86
    [link] [comments]

    Mercury Auto Insurance Question

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:18 PM PST

    Would anyone recommend Mercury for auto insurance? I currently have Geico but very recently, got a quote from Mercury for a way better price. I read some reviews online and they seem pretty mixed. Did anyone have an experience filing claims with Mercury- how easy/fast was it? Thanks for your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/bing111
    [link] [comments]

    50-50 liability in an accident -- need advice

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:57 PM PST

    Good day,

    i don't have much experience or knowledge regarding this, so i'll appreciate your input/advice on 50-50 liability our insurance adjustors decided (we both have farmers & located in California)

    skip to around 2:40 mark.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwoGTzzptis&feature=youtu.be

    i'm in the black mazda, and i know left turns are supposed to yield, but the cars on the 2 lanes of the opposing side let me go due to heavy congestion.

    the white tesla was obviously trying to avoid the traffic (right turn on next light leads to the freeway) and drove on the bicycle lane.

    i did not and could not see or avoid this tesla from clipping my rear right side (wheel caved in, both passenger sides airbags went off)

    i presented this video, photos, and even an exchanged text message w/ the other person stating what happened. the other person wrote "I was going straight on the very right hand lane, and he turned in front of me into the mall"

    farmers adjustor left me a voicemail today (i was at work; time zone difference so ill be talking to them tomorrow) advising they decided on 50-50 liability.

    the other drive was negligent and clearly violated california vehicle code 21209, and i have all these evidence (including the footage and text), so i feel like 50-50 is unfair.

    i don't know the procedure, but i figured ill try to dispute and ask the adjustor/supervisor to review the whole thing in close details again tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/luckbox91
    [link] [comments]

    Unpermitted basement (Ontario)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:51 PM PST

    Recently was considered purchasing a house but was disclosed that it has a finished basement without permits that I am not sure is up to code, would this void my entire house coverage if there ends up being a claim? And I would like to know how thorough a home inspection would be when it comes time? Would they tear down walls to see if the electrical is up to code? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/audreyhornet
    [link] [comments]

    What are jobs that one can apply to after 3 years as an Auto / Bodily Injury adjuster with no other job experience?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:11 AM PST

    There's a lot of turnover with management at my current employer. If it gets to the point to jump ship, what career unrelated to insurance would be a good career move when only having experience handling Auto/BI claims?

    Edit: spelling

    submitted by /u/zurg21
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking to break into risk management.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:36 PM PST

    Diminished Value Claim

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:15 PM PST

    Hey y'all, was hoping for some help in pursuing this for my gf. We're in Texas if that helps.

    She got rear ended earlier today sitting at a red light. Icy roads and local drivers are mediocre at best even under the best conditions. Police were already present at time of accident, found the other driver at fault and issued them a ticket.

    She recently ordered a new 2020 vehicle back in November, but the trim and colors she wanted weren't on market yet so had to custom order and get it shipped from overseas. Car arrived 9 days ago and we picked it up and wrote the check. Had under 200 miles at the time of accident. While it's a nice car it was still in the five-figures range so idk if that'd be considered luxury.

    Anyway their insurance is sending out an adjuster tomorrow. Is this the person we'd pursue this with? Is this something we need to wait and see what the total damages are first before pursuing? Or even wait until repairs are completed? Pretty beat up but far from totalled if I were to guess. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CommentsTheLetterE
    [link] [comments]

    CCC1 fair total loss settlement?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:31 PM PST

    Posting this for a friend to see if they are getting a good settlement. USAA insurance settling for a 2014 Hyundai Accent sedan. Car has all added options (premium package) and has 184k miles. Other than the damage (driver side front) the car is in above average shape with only 1 owner and no other accident reports. Vehicle is in los angeles area, California. The total settlement is $4,995 including taxes and California related fees. I can provide more information if needed. Thank you for any and all helpful insight into this matter.

    submitted by /u/SBest007
    [link] [comments]

    Car rental insurance...need some advice here, please

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:03 PM PST

    A bit of background: I'll be traveling overseas (Ireland and Italy for my upcoming trip), and my credit card covers the theft/collision/damage (CDW) insurance on car rentals. However, my concern is about potential million euro lawsuits if I'm at fault in an accident and I injure someone. - Does the rental agency always (by law) have sufficient liability insurance? - Do I need to be purchasing additional insurance that they offer? - What do I need to consider here/what am I missing? - What are my best options? It seems like adding comprehensive insurance packages offered by the rental agency makes the cost go through the roof. However, if it's between that and exposing myself to a huge liability, then I guess I have no choice.

    Someone please help me sort this thing out. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tssphysicsguy
    [link] [comments]

    New driver, not sure how to handle insurance

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Hi all. I'm a new driver and I'm not sure what to do in my situation.

    My dad is letting me use his leased car as I am going to work in a different state and need a car to get around. I asked him to put me as a secondary driver because that's what my friends said to do. My dad says that his agent told him that it's fine and I don't need to be listed under his insurance.

    Is there some sort of insurance I should get or get into my dad's? What is the recommended thing to do here?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/OhOfelia
    [link] [comments]

    Will my car insurance rate change if I update my drivers license address?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:58 PM PST

    I recently moved out of my parent's house (Hemet, CA) and am currently living in LA. I'm renewing my driver's license and figured I might as well update it to my new address. But, I don't know if my insurance rate will go up because this. Should I use my parent's address instead? Will my insurance rate go up?

    submitted by /u/benenn3
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone heard of Stillwater car insurance

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Any suggestions or recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Sixtydotnine
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance rates going down 5 years after an accident? 24 y/o male

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:05 PM PST

    I'm a 24 y/o male working full time making $80K/year in the US.

    When I was 19 (over 5 years ago), I got in an accident where I was at fault. I have had no tickets or accidents since then. My understanding is that this accident should fall off my record with regards to insurance penalties within 3-5 years and my monthly rate would go down. I'm assuming there's no way the insurance company will do this automatically and will continue to charge me a higher premium unless I do something about it. Is this true and does anyone have experience with dealing with something like this?

    submitted by /u/dylphil
    [link] [comments]

    Loss adjuster impartial? (UK)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:01 PM PST

    My business was burgled recently, after reporting my theft to my insurance company they sent a loss adjuster. This is my first experience, I had no idea what to expect so I am trying to understand if they are impartial or if they are actually working against me.

    I wasn't expecting them to ask so much, thinking they were just coming to understand what had happened. I was told he would meet me for 30 mins but to my surprise two people showed up, staying for over two hours. Yet the police seemed disinterested in the crime, not even visiting me and closing the case the same day.

    I noticed numerous times the loss adjusters on their visit kept assuring me they were just trying to help me. I never questioned this but felt strange they kept repeating this, then they were really scrutinising everything. It made me very uncomfortable like they were trying to find some way for the insurance company to not pay out so I didn't feel they were being truthful with me.

    One of them kept expressing his doubts whether my alarm was fully working and whether it was adequate etc. Whether the policy taken out with my insurance broker is correct.

    I wasn't told they would be making a detailed list of what was stolen on the visit so I didn't prepare for this. I made it clear it wouldn't be possible to know so soon what was stolen as my business sells so stocks thousands of different products. They kind of disagreed, pushing for quantities, prices etc explaining my claim couldn't vary too much from what I told them.

    The break in itself is not fun to think about but I am ok. After their visit I feel like they are checking if I am the criminal and that they need so much information from me I feel so stressed.

    submitted by /u/primeprime00
    [link] [comments]

    Non-renewal for single conviction (Ontario)... Seriously??!?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 05:21 PM PST

    Exactly as above... I got a major HTA conviction in Ontario late last year, but this is the only moving violation on my record EVER, NEVER had a collission and I've been with the carrier over ten years. Just WTF. This was Aviva and not some particularly low rate either; what is this nonsense - I mean I was bracing for a major increase, but this is as if the GOAL was termination.

    Has anyone else even heard of someone being dropped for a single ticket?!? I haven't talked to them yet, but the letter they sent essentially says not to even try, go straight to a broker for alternatives... Literally says completely inelligble for coverage by virtue of any conviction. Just WHY?

    Edit: corrected this to reflect my conviction was a MAJOR offense, not a serious one. For the rest of the world it's the difference between the matter remaining basically a traffic ticket (summary offence) and becoming a true criminal matter.

    submitted by /u/ObviousWorkAlt
    [link] [comments]

    Lost insurance and being retroactively billed. How should I handle this?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Here's the background: About a year ago I left for BCT for the Army (reserve) and ended up having a pre-existing injury and got sent home temporarily but then ended up starting the process to get out. In this time I was seeing doctors, getting imaging done, going to PT. I was given the option to be on Tricare Reserve Select. I paid the premiums and therefore stopped my civilian employer's insurance. Then about a month after the paperwork had been signed to get out, I ended my Tricare coverage as requested and got back on my employer's plan.

    Fast forward to early 2020 and I was refunded all my premiums I paid for Tricare Reserve select. I went in and checked, and it looks like my eligbility was removed and they set it as ending on my last day I was at BCT even though I was still techincally drilling two more months after that and paying premiums. I have received my first bill for two MRI's I had done for ~5.5k. I have already paid $90 because that's what I was told I would be responsible for when I agreed to do the scans but now since the coverage was retroactively removed, I'm responsible. I have a feeling I have many PT visits that will be similar, as well as some medical bills my wife had.

    I checked to see if I still had coverage from my employer at this time but trying to put it on that insurance doesn't seem like an option. I also expect my wife to have some medical bills come through with the same issue (but she retained coverage through her employer the whole time).

    I have no problem covering a reasonable amount of these bills but there's no way I can afford the cost at the uninsured price. What's my best play here? I can help clear up any areas where I may have lacked detail if needed. Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/dphunter11
    [link] [comments]

    I'll be turning 26 next month and will be taken off my parents insurance...what do I do now?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 12:56 PM PST

    I'll be turning 26 in the last week of March, which means my insurances will drop me. I don't make a lot of money, so if there's any kind of low-cost healthcare a dental insurance that might cover me, I need to look into it. I've never had to do this before, obviously, so I figured I'd ask on here. I live in New York, but not in New York City. I want to say I made about 18k last year. If you all have any ideas, please let me know. The dental is the most important, as I don't have great teeth.

    submitted by /u/Draegoron
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance quote spikes

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:29 PM PST

    Hi, Im from the UK and have been getting quotes for my second car, Ive been consistently getting about £1200-1500 for a mini cooper s. So Ive sold my old car to get one, as of this morning I had a quote of £1300 on one, I made another few quotes tonight with a different car of the same model and moneysupermarket quoted £2000 or over, then I did another with the same details and got £2800. Does car insurance spike at certain days or times? Or is this some sort of glitch, as the spec, price range, model, value and power of all the cooper s's ive looked at are near enough identical.

    submitted by /u/RiceYZ125
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a health insurance policy that functions like a target-date retirement fund?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:39 PM PST

    E.g. as you get older the deductible becomes lower because of increased risk as you age?

    submitted by /u/careerthrowaway10
    [link] [comments]

    No proof of insurance ticket

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:06 PM PST

    Hey so i got pulled over for not haveing car insurence he let me off easy he gave me ticket for no proof of insurence and not no car insurence should i get car insurense right away befor court thanks everyone

    submitted by /u/rancidmorty
    [link] [comments]

    Home Insurance of previous owner will not cover new owner?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 08:18 AM PST

    So I am buying a home in a wild fire danger area and its on stilts. The house was covered by a reputable big-name insurance company for many years. Now that I am taking over (we closed in January), they are saying they can't cover us due to stilts/wildfire area. Is that common?

    submitted by /u/BrockAtWork
    [link] [comments]

    How much of Underwriting is luck?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:25 AM PST

    It seems even there's chance that even with a risk that's immaculately engineered, contains stellar COPE information, has no losses in the past and can be slightly innocuous that massive losses can still happen. How much of underwriting is skill vs. luck?

    submitted by /u/Marcelino4545
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment