• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    How do we go about getting our unique Frozen Cake in Stores? small business

    How do we go about getting our unique Frozen Cake in Stores? small business


    How do we go about getting our unique Frozen Cake in Stores?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:20 PM PST

    We're looking to get our new Sinless Chocolate Cake carried in stores around the country.

    We've had some interest from various yogurt shops and coffee shops, but it's not easy to go to door to door. Does anyone have any advice? I've tried to target shop owners via Facebook but without much luck.

    We sell over 700 cakes a month online.

    The cake is unique in that it's extremely low carb, low calorie, and tastes great!

    Primarily for Keto dieters but anyone looking for a great tasting and low calorie/carb cake would snatch it up.

    If you're curious, this is the website: http://www.ketocornerbakery.com

    submitted by /u/tspree15
    [link] [comments]

    I am starting my own contracting company for handyman style work and I'm looking for someone to design a logo for said company. Always want to help other small businesses and not go online to big guys.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Pretty much same as the title. Looking for something that's simple, monocolored, no shadowing or anything. Just straight forward and simple with maybe a graphic if it looks good. PM me with some previous example works and pricing if interested. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dalluge_swinger17
    [link] [comments]

    Supermarket POS

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:07 PM PST

    Hi. My name is Dan. I am a part of a team developing an extremely cheap POS system specialized for supermarkets and I would love to offer any of you a one year worth of subscription in exchange for a short interview. Please send me a message if you are interested.

    submitted by /u/VirtumondeGO
    [link] [comments]

    How do you actually start a business?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:55 AM PST

    Hey, I'm dreaming of opening up a tea shop, but everywhere I look has absolutely no information on actually starting a business. All the information on starting a business is about personality stuff, like how to develop more mental strength and motivation or whatever. This isn't what I'm looking for.

    How do I rent a property? How do taxes work? Where do I learn about the regulations?

    I want to learn how to start a business. I don't need motivation.

    Does anyone know where I can find this information? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Anthropologist21110
    [link] [comments]

    Need rental business ideas - renting thing to students (not house or apartment)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:40 PM PST

    I live in a medium student town.

    I am looking for business ideas, on what I can rent to students. I have researched and brainstormed, but can't seem to come with anything.

    Basically, I want to know what are things that I can rent to students (beside books and houses).

    thanks for your input!

    submitted by /u/obivi2
    [link] [comments]

    (Aus) Looking for advice - starting from scratch with a previously successful product

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:20 AM PST

    Hey all, long time lurker -- first time poster.

    I've inherited a business that for the most part has been inactive for the last decade, and has no social proofing. But is a product that has a proven track record back in the day (90-2000s). The product is a moisturising/barrier cream made form all natural ingredients. Quick run down; humble beginnings got traction and adoption from when the grandparents did markets up and down the east coast of Australia. After a while ended up being on current affair and morning news shows (most likely paid spots), end of the day was a temporary household name that was very successful with great margins.

    Move forward a couple of years in late 2000s, poor business decisions and excess spending as well as health issues from original creators, force the company into debt and dissolution. Until now my wife and I have tried to resurrect the business from scratch.

    Weaknesses: cash flow, had a child ourselves and now only one of us is working so don't have alot of money to spend on half-effective advertising and probably the case for the next 5-10 yrs. Feel like even after 12months of doing facebook ads i have no idea what i'm doing. Also I'm targeting only the local market, because I'm not sure how to approach the broader market internationally.

    Advantages: I am a pharmacist by trade and have been selling successfully in the store I work in.

    Looking for advice on what's the least path of resistance to get started , facebook advertising looks to deep a hole to sink my money into- have tried and failed. Wondering if there's any commercial firms that are trust worthy to help with this? my current belief is you have to do it yourself for it to be worth it. (hoping someone can proove me wrong!)

    All in all just looking for direction, feeling like there are too many options and no real direction on how to spend money effectively.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/pa343
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use one business to receive mail for another business

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:12 AM PST

    I was wondering if I could use the business address of an LLC that I own which makes no money to receive mail for a DBA of a sole proprietorship? Because all I have is a US passport and that's not enough to use a virtual mailbox company. But I do have an LLC that I'm not allowed to make money from that has an address.

    submitted by /u/kninja55555
    [link] [comments]

    How to start ? Where to start ?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:04 AM PST

    I am really interested in starting a new small business , i don't know how to start? which one of the business model to apply ? I am really confused 😐 !

    submitted by /u/samkitmaloo0912
    [link] [comments]

    Can you write off laundry services as a painter because your work clothes have paint on them?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:31 PM PST

    Should I Close down or Keep Trying to Sell?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:54 AM PST

    I run a series of medical clinics and I am a doctor myself. All 4 of them are spaced in nearby towns, while the other is about a 5 hour drive away from the others. While three of them are doing quite well, (let's call them location A, B, and C) one is doing really bad (location D), especially due to its poor visibility and location. To be clear, location D, the one that is doing bad is one of the clinics that IS close to the others.

    I am a doctor and the owner, and I could easily bring in patients and be fully booked out every day. I have doing this for more than a year now and the stress is getting to me. The problem is finding another doctor to come in to this location. I am loosing money by keeping location D running, as even if I see patients booked out each day (bulk billing practice) there are more expenses.

    To make situations worse, it turns out the lease that was signed was a horrible one. I'm talking 15+ years (I know it's bad!). The price I am paying monthly is absolutely ridiculous, and when I signed I really thought doctors would be lining up to work here, I was wrong.

    I have attempted to negotiate with the landlord, but every time I call or schedule a meeting its always his agent that shows up on his behalf. Despite this I managed to bring down the lease price by around 20%.

    Even with this slight reduction, I am still loosing large amounts of money by keeping this clinic running. I have thought of just closing the whole thing down, so then I would only be paying for the lease, instead of the lease + other expenses such as doctor/software/electricity fees, reception wages, etc.

    I have attempted to sell with more than 6 people coming in to have a look and everything but nobody is serious. What are some sites I could try selling on?

    As you can see I really don't know what I should do. I told the landlord that I will most likely be shutting down and he just isn't responding.

    What should I do?

    Any response will be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/gMraining
    [link] [comments]

    LLC

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:32 PM PST

    I started a business about a year ago and I'm now looking to get my LLC for my business. I make clothes and paint art pieces. I want to know which LLC would be more appropriate for my business. (Located in NC)

    submitted by /u/asdfghasdfghas
    [link] [comments]

    After filing for a DBA, I get letters to buy an ad advertising it, is this a scam?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:46 PM PST

    I know that I do have to advertise my DBA in an approved paper, I'm just wondering if these guys are legite. I've gotten a couple of these already and they are reminding me of the warrenty extension solicitations.

    submitted by /u/Faercross
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping from Guatemala to Canada

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Hey All,

    We're looking for a way to ship about 100lbs of tea from Guatemala to Canada directly from the tea processors. Quality and freshness is of high importance to us, but so is the overall cost of shipping as we still would like to offer our product at an affordable pricepoint to our end users. We've taken a look at other frieght forwarders and shipping service websites, but we were getting quotes anywhere from $2000 to $17000 and so we're clearly missing something here.

    There are two packages we're trying to send, each weighing 50lbs and the size is 36" x 24" x 18".

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/102lavern
    [link] [comments]

    longer .com vs a .io?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:15 PM PST

    I own two domains: myapp.io and myapphq.io. I also own the respective social media handles myapphq. Which do you think would be better? At the end of the day, one will forward to the other but I'm curious if there has been any research done on .com vs non-.com domains.

    Note: The name is actually a word in the dictionary hence the social media names are not available

    submitted by /u/nahtnam
    [link] [comments]

    I am interested in starting my own little keychain business. Tips?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:45 PM PST

    Hello there, I am new to reddit so please pardon my lack of formatting.

    I have been thinking about starting to make custom keychains to sell. I don't really care for big profit — as long as I am making enough to sustain myself I will be fine.

    I was wondering if anyone has any experience & if anyone knew any suppliers. I would love to hand make them if that is possible 😀

    submitted by /u/mehjestyy
    [link] [comments]

    Nursery business topic

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:02 PM PST

    Hi guys!

    Any fellow colleagues looking for sharing the experience are welcome i have a plant nursery and do landscaping work. Check out for more info if you have questions - www.borelabg.net

    A thing i do is i gather plants that are not cold resistant for a fee through the winter from local restaurants.

    I went quite blank with my start-up. Here is my story, my family is working as landscapers from years. From contracts that failed, plants were left hanging.

    They decided to create a nursery where plants which were in surplus could be sold. The business is 3 years old. First year they hired 3 people (they were scamming). Second year they hired 2 people (they were scamming aswell and fired them). That's when i came in straight out of high school. Now with one year experience. In this year i planned to create a website for ecomerse (for 6 months running started on may 2019 till the end of the year online sells made increase of 10% of overall income). I am the only worker in the nursery. Currently its off season and there is not a lot to do. I have a strategy i want to create the best nursery in my country.

    My main problem is that i know what i need to do but i lack money and capital for renovations and workers. Should i try to take a loan?

    Do you guys have things that boost your income?

    submitted by /u/izberisime
    [link] [comments]

    Phone systems

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:28 PM PST

    I have an older Avaya Partner system in my small office with lines through Comcast. I have a main number and 2 roll overs plus a fax.

    Right now when I am not in the office and someone calls the main number, it hunts to the 3rd line where the VM is. It's fine, but I want something more professional like an auto attendant that can forward to individual voicemails etc.

    I was considering Grasshopper, but not sure its the best fit if I already have a physical system. Can anyone make any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/neednewsitethrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Having troubles making my business come together

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    For about five years, I was a marketing manager on a business development/sales team where it was my responsibility to create opportunities and touch points (such as email marketing, corporate gifting, speaking engagements, conference management, planning events, etc.) making the team more efficient and productive. Basically, I helped to put them in position to connect with their clients and prospects; making it easy for them to stay organized and top of mind among their most valuable relationships. I'd like to translate this position into a consulting role or small agency but for some reason it's not clicking. I'm probably overthinking it. Anyone have any ideas on how to turn this concept into a business?

    submitted by /u/MrsSweettee21
    [link] [comments]

    Tax secrets for new business owner

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    I started my own microblading and permanent makeup business.

    I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or tricks when it comes to taxes.

    Thanks so much!!!

    submitted by /u/mmmicroblading
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a demand for this sort of product?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Hi,

    I would like some feedback from this platform to see if it's any useful. You can integrate with an API.

    Link: https://www.peempoint.com

    What do you think?

    My budget is small but I hope to have enough in the next month.

    submitted by /u/azhan15
    [link] [comments]

    Credit card policy

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:58 AM PST

    Does anyone have any guidance on credit card policies specifically relating to customers using their ability to claim fraud? We've seen a significant change in customer behavior in the last couple of years regarding payment. The majority of the time there is no issue, but occasionally we have a real turd burglar.

    For example, we sell a specialty product that includes a free component. I wish I could be more specific but nonetheless, it is something not one other competitor offers for free anymore. We continued to do so because it is a major selling point for our products. A recent customer called because our staff forgot to include them at delivery. They called and stated that they would hate to have to call their credit card company and report they didn't receive what they'd paid for and have us lose out payment. Regrettably, nothing prevents them from report to their credit card company and causing an issue. Then we'd have to fight too because it would put between 50%-75% of the payment received in limbo.

    Does anyone have any experience creating a credit card policy around this type of issue? We've labeled the product as free, but people just don't seem to get it.

    submitted by /u/Kiki3838
    [link] [comments]

    Retail Pop-Up Stand in Office Lobbies - Whom to Contact??

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:14 AM PST

    I have a retail startup and I want to set up a stand for a day or two to sell in an office lobby to sell my products but I don't know who would be the person managing these enquiries (building owner, office admin, receptionist, facilities manager). Any suggestions? And what would be the best way to reach out to them (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.)?

    submitted by /u/konmari523
    [link] [comments]

    Should I form my LLC with my spouse?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:58 AM PST

    On mobile, sorry for formatting. This is a bit of a long one, so if there is a book that details this information I would be grateful to be pointed to it.

    I have been attempting to understand the pros and cons of making my wife a member in my LLC. I am beginning to learn what steps are needed to open and run this business. We are in a community property state but I have no issues filling the business as a foreign LLC.

    Background: I plan to open my own martial arts school in the next year. As for my own liability, I plan to have a lawyer draft a waiver and have liability and accident insurance. Also my wife has had enough training to become a junior instructor in the business when it is formed.

    Questions: Would it be best for her to be a member or an employee? Does she have to be an employee at all if we are married and file taxes jointly? What would be the tax and legal ramifications of each option? Finally, would any of this change if she did not teach but instead helped out by only doing cleaning/administrative tasks?

    submitted by /u/Southern_Potato
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment