• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 29, 2020

    Accounting This Week in a Nutshell

    Accounting This Week in a Nutshell


    This Week in a Nutshell

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:02 PM PST

    I learned something about accounting office politics this weeks

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 06:37 PM PST

    Yes it's busy season dun dun dun.

    I learned over the course of the week that managers hate happiness. The more you get your billable hours in tip top fashion with a breeze the more they despise you for it.

    So... the past week I have made myself look more miserable and made some small errors and pretended not to know how to do some shit and just glue my eye to my screen and stfu and look more miserable.

    All of a sudden they fucking like me.

    submitted by /u/dontmakemedebityou
    [link] [comments]

    Race you to the bottom!

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Is this a Senior thing or am I just incompetent

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:07 PM PST

    It's my first busy season as a Senior and my whole world feels so much more stressful. I feel like I'm being pulled on all sides, that my managers will tell me "xyz" needs to be done and to do nothing else, then while I'm spending 18 hours a day in the office finishing up xyz they'll ask "where's abc? We are super behind and don't have any time to lose" but then when I ask them if I could enlist help from other seniors or associates they'll say they're too busy to help me and I'll just need to get through it. Separately I'll need to make time to explain things to our associates and even another senior to get them moving with their stuff, but my managers never asked for me to do this, it's just a function of me sitting in the same room. Sometimes I make up meetings (at my managers' request) to be able to leave the room for a bit so that they can direct some questions to my managers.

    I just feel like I can't win. I know I'm spending a lot of time and energy, trying to be independent, and still nothing is enough. I already barely sleep and stay noticeably later than anyone else, I feel like I'll run myself into the ground by the time we finish.

    About a couple weeks out from finishing our audit and I just can't tell if the expectations of me are so significantly different than when I was an associate or if I somehow just got less competent post promotion. I'm feeling all sorts of low confidence and imposter syndrome, I don't know how I could possibly do another one of these let alone the 2 a year I'm now assigned lol

    submitted by /u/logitechmouse101
    [link] [comments]

    Non title change raise for public accounting

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:36 PM PST

    Was wondering what to except for non title change raise? Is there a different between big 4 and regional? Also how much room negotiation is reasonable?

    submitted by /u/daman1417
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 Motto

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:04 AM PST

    if anyone is thinking about a career change from busy season

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:46 PM PST

    if anyone is thinking about a career change from busy season

    lecturing about ethics is pretty good too.

    um

    submitted by /u/pikeguy98
    [link] [comments]

    Tax exit opportunities that pay $85k or more while working 40 hours or less?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:50 PM PST

    I do sort of "enjoy tax". I'm not going to say I love everything about tax, but I do think it's interesting enough to do this for a living. I looked around at tax exit opps, but for the most part I come empty on any jobs that work less than 40 hours.

    Basically all the jobs on Indeed, Linkedin, etc are just public accounting jobs which obviously require much more than 40 hours 6 months a year. There are a few industry jobs, but surprisingly even those are working 50-55 hours a week for at least a solid couple months. Am I looking in the wrong areas? Perhaps maybe wrong job titles? I live in a big city, comparable to LA.

    submitted by /u/blah-lah22929
    [link] [comments]

    Using an iPad to study for CPA Exams

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:11 PM PST

    I'm thinking of using an iPad to study for cpa exams. I'll most likely purchase Becker. Please let me know your experience if you used an iPad to study.

    submitted by /u/MyMojoSoDope08
    [link] [comments]

    Quietly sobs in February 29th...

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:44 AM PST

    While working on a compilation all by myself as a first year with less than 90 days experience and it's client first year adopting 606 and all their revenue is from contracts and they have no idea what's going on and neither do I. Someone please kill me.

    submitted by /u/Spykej21
    [link] [comments]

    Other majors

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:05 PM PST

    If you could do it all over again what would you have majored in college?

    Or are you happy where you're at?

    submitted by /u/nf0422
    [link] [comments]

    Have y’all ever been so tired that you stay in on a Saturday night?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 06:44 PM PST

    First busy season and my energy to go out on a Saturday in my young life is zapped, gone, blipped....etc

    submitted by /u/Moe787277
    [link] [comments]

    How can I maximize my income?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:08 PM PST

    So I'm graduating soon and I'm facing a mountain of debt.

    I'm plan on going into tax. What ways can I maximize my income?

    Should I just work hard at the B4 and direct all of my effort there?

    Should I take a job with fewer hours and try to do side gigs?

    Should I work at a small firm and learn how to run a business and eventually start my own tax firm?

    Should I try to buy rental property/investments?

    I'm prepared to live modestly but I just want to get rid of this debt.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/today-is-the-future
    [link] [comments]

    Resume Help - looking to go back in PA

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:27 PM PST

    BUDGET 2020 \ NEW INCOME TAX RATES \ NEW INCOME TAX SLABS \ INCOME TAX CALCULATION FOR FY 2020-21

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:57 PM PST

    BUDGET 2020 \ NEW INCOME TAX RATES \ NEW INCOME TAX SLABS \ INCOME TAX CALCULATION FOR FY 2020-21

    Income Tax calculator - standard deduction for AY 2019-20?

    Income Tax

    Income tax calculator a standard tax deduction method to use for calculating Income From salary. Income from House property.Income from the profit of the business. Income from capital gains.Income from other sources Best Income Tax Calculator Tips.

    if you think that calculating income tax is a complex thing then you are wrong for simple salaried individuals calculating income tax is pretty simple and a straight forward part from basic maps only thing you need to know about deduction and exemption you are claiming for and the relevant section and we will discuss all of them today here income tax calculation requires the following process:-
    1. computation of total income by deducting all legal allowance.2. deducting valid income tax deduction.3. Determination of tax payable based on existing tax lapse.4. Final tax calculation to be paid on TDS paid.
    Total income is the sum of all sources of income that you have earned in a financial year.
    According to tax departments, there are five sources used by people to earned the money. For purposes of computation of total income of an assessee section 14 classified total income into five heads.
    Budget 2020 \ New Income Tax Rates \ New Income tax slabs \ Income tax calculation 2020-21
    New Tax Salb Budget-2020

    New Tax Salb Budget-2020

    New Tax Salb Budget-2020

    Computation of Total Income

    1. Income From salary.

    2. Income from House property.

    3. Income from the profit of the business.

    4. Income from capital gains.

    5. Income from other sources.

    Read Full Article Click Here

    submitted by /u/taxinvest
    [link] [comments]

    CPA Exam questions

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:50 PM PST

    Has anyone come across questions on the any of the CPA exam that are exactly the same as a practice question?

    Feeling demoralized as fuck over here. I have an easier time memorizing than actually absorbing the lessons

    submitted by /u/jesuss_son
    [link] [comments]

    Controller position making over $250K?!?!?!

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Hi All,

    Want to ask if this is realistic. Some recruiter on LinkedIn posted this:

    CORPORATE CONTROLLER WITH SEC EXPERIENCE is needed in Ventura County. Qualifications: *CPA/MBA preferred *Able to prepare and file all SEC required reports including 10Q, 10K and Proxy statements *Demonstrate great leadership *Manufacturing/food industry exp preferred Salary to $250+equity

    I thought Controllers top out at $150K.

    submitted by /u/SocalKing2020
    [link] [comments]

    Deloitte and RWA

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Now that Deloitte has become a national partner of Ready, Willing and Able (a Canadian federally-funded autism employment initiative, thereafter RWA), I may wish to discuss the matter here.

    Personally I feel that, while Deloitte may very well have become a national partner of RWA for PR purposes, to make the most of RWA, it must not repeat the mistakes made by other employers (including but not limited to, EY), and actually consider employing autistic staff for more roles than IT alone.

    Or, for that matter, more than just menial positions either.

    submitted by /u/Yvanung
    [link] [comments]

    Help on a Project

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:11 PM PST

    This community seems very supportive and right now that is really what I need. My professor won't email me back and the TA is rude and lazy. I'm working on a project right now that involves starting off with a Trial Balance and making adjustments with working up depreciation of assets, inventory adjustments, payroll accrual, interest receivable, and other miscellaneous adjustments. Easy shit. The professor has provided us with the adjustment balances and an adjusted trial balance, but I'm not matching those numbers at all. There have been previous projects and assignments that her information has not been correct so I'm unsure if that is the case or if I am overlooking something.

    Would anyone be willing to take a look for me?

    submitted by /u/texaskeepsake
    [link] [comments]

    Intermediate accounting 1 advice

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 04:17 PM PST

    The professor I have right now is not very good at teaching the material and his exams are a joke in terms of the easiness. I am worried I won't be prepared for intermediate accounting 2.

    I am guessing the best thing to do is do practice problems on my own and watch other lectures?

    No idea how this person is allowed to teach.

    submitted by /u/throw-me-away-right-
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to watch Anime?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Is it okay to watch anime. Will this hinder my chances to get into Big4?

    submitted by /u/Big4isMyDream
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to a partner if they get fired?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:50 AM PST

    What happens to their equity in the firm?

    submitted by /u/beatnikbabe21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment