• Breaking News

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Accounting Every task during busy season

    Accounting Every task during busy season


    Every task during busy season

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:02 AM PST

    I just hope they send the right ones this time

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:25 PM PST

    When my manager asks me if I'm okay after finishing my 5th coffee of the day to compensate for the three hours of sleep I got the night before

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:15 AM PST

    Keep it classy

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:24 PM PST

    When you’re an auditor and get tax questions you can actually answer.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

    Had my first cry in the office bathroom in my whole career. Thank you busy season! ��

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:03 PM PST

    I held strong during 2 busy seasons, the 3rd one finally got to me.

    submitted by /u/acct1010ruinedme
    [link] [comments]

    Figure it out

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Every goddamn time I want to use a filter.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:15 AM PST

    Tis the season

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 11:42 PM PST

    When it’s your early night so you only have to work 12 hours instead of 15

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:47 AM PST

    I call it: Success of the Analytic

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:36 PM PST

    When it’s Friday and bank reconciliation is pissing you off - my mood is G14

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:03 AM PST

    but think of the experience you'll get ��

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:10 PM PST

    Me: Where can I find support for this transaction? Client:

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:06 AM PST

    The CPA Student Way

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:02 AM PST

    Is government for me if I am a dumbass?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:14 PM PST

    I have worked in several government agencies before as an intern and did the jobs relatively well.

    From what I've heard of public accounting, it is usually reserved for hard-working and smart people.

    Should I go into government if I am not very smart?

    submitted by /u/Iamsuchadumbasss
    [link] [comments]

    Ned’s Declassified Busy Season Survival Guide

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:42 AM PST

    Tip #1 Always have a toothbrush in your office

    Continue below:

    submitted by /u/Ray_of_Moonlight
    [link] [comments]

    Senior manager won't respond to my emails and avoids me in the office

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:12 PM PST

    Basically I've had questions for him about 2 of our most important clients for about a week, but he won't acknowledge any of my attempts for communication. I sent him an email with a read receipt attached to it so I know he's reading them but he won't get back to me.

    I haven't badmouthed him or anything like that, the only thing I could've done to make him mad at me was hook up with another intern after a firm party, but that was outside the office and fully consentual

    submitted by /u/bigfam5544
    [link] [comments]

    (Serious) Just started my first tax internship, feel like an idiot

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:04 PM PST

    I'm a senior in college and I just finished my first week as a tax intern with a regional firm (~500-550 employees). I feel like an idiot. None of the things my managers say makes sense. I don't know where to look for things. I don't know how to tell if my return looks off when reviewing it. I feel like I mess up the most basic things and feel like I always need to ask for help. I'm not used to this feeling. I'm an independent worker and have never needed help. I feel like a terrible intern. I take as many notes as I can. Am I a terrible intern? How can I do better in this position? How can I stop feeling like I'm doing so bad? I'm considering asking my manager to have a meeting with me to discuss my performance, would this be a good idea? Am I overreacting? I'm just rambling at this point. I feel so stressed about my performance, not the workload or hours, that's easy for me.

    TLDR: feel like a terrible dumbass intern

    submitted by /u/RadAcuraMan
    [link] [comments]

    Been seeing this a lot lately

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

    I'm sick. It's month end. My husband said this morning that I should just take a sick day. Hahahhahahahaaha

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Ohh you sweet innocent man. No, I can't just not go to work today. We switched over to a new accounting system Jan 1, and didn't even get to start making JE's until the middle of last week. So everyone is trying to get caught up on a month's worth of entries. Plus a bunch of the system entries were mapped wrong at the beginning of the month, and I still have thousands of entries to reclass today. A few of my coworkers have no concept of how what they do affects other people and why they do what they do, and posted a month's worth of JE's to the wrong account. Now I'm hoping they fixed it all yesterday so that my shit balances today. And yes, they're mad at me. No one knows what I'm doing to do it for me, and even if they did they're all too busy.

    Working from home is a pain in the ass because I don't have monitors set up at home, and we live two blocks away from the office so I might as well go in every day. Also my husband just got a new router and has been setting up home automation stuff, so I don't really want to deal with the headache that would be trying to set up my work computer on our home network without him there.

    Oh, and for all of you, "why are you in such a hurry, just finish it next week" people, we have a short close because it's a public company. All entries for Jan from the accounting department must be in by 12:00 on the first business day of the next month so that financial reporting can be done by the 3rd business day of the month. So no, it all has to get done today or I have to do it this weekend.

    So I'll be over here at work, taking my awesome prescription decongestant + cough suppressant and a little more Adderall than normal and hopefully I can make it until 6pm.

    submitted by /u/Lizzyburrr
    [link] [comments]

    Wire From Third Party, Outdated, Shady Company - What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:40 PM PST

    Public accounting is

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Soul sucking.

    submitted by /u/lostfinancialsoul
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment