• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 26, 2019

    Cryptoadvice - scam or legit? Need help! Investing

    Cryptoadvice - scam or legit? Need help! Investing


    Cryptoadvice - scam or legit? Need help!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:32 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm a bit desperate, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. My mum invested in a company called cryptoadvice and I need to know if this is a scam. It sure feels like one...

    Some background info:

    Forgive me, but I could not gather that much info of now. What I know is that my mother met a woman not that long ago who she quickly became "friends" with. This woman now convinced her to invest in something called "cryptoadvice".

    My mother never had much money, she is living in a small apartment and in a few years she will get a laughable pension. When she found out how little it was, she was crushed. Suddenly this woman presented her with the idea of taking money out of her life insurance and investing it. My mum fell for it and invested the money she had saved. Now she wants to invest even more. If this is a scam I need to stop her!

    What will follow now is a wall of text on what I could dig up so far. But the TLDR of this post is:

    If you can find out something about this or you by chance have any experience with this "cryptoadvice company" please help me. My mum wants to invest even more money there by tonight and I have to gather any information I can on them!

    What I found out about cryptoadvice so far (please bear with me, I don't know shit about crypto currency):

    Cryptoadvice seems to offer Blockchain trading and Investment platform for investors. I don't know any of these terms, but words that I came across are:

    Forex trading

    Margin trading

    Margin lending

    Crypto Bonds

    ICO

    Dice Games (this seems to be something shady/bad?) ** Also: If you as an investor get someone else to invest in this too, you get a provision of 5% of the deposit.**

    For this section I'm using a translator, because I found it in a german article and can't translate it fully myself:

    The business model offered by cryptoadvice is not based on any retail products or services that have to be rebuilt over and over again. This makes the investment in CryptoAdvice highly risky, because it would depend, for example, on failed investments by the influx of ever new funds.

    On the website of Crytoadvice can be found in the imprint of the company Mended Minds Ltd. based in London. The company apparently entered in business register in 2018 in Cardiff, Wales. The website went online in 2018. These are Mendes Minds Ltd. with the brand CryproAdvice to a company not regulated by the FCA.

    This is problematic because whenever the investors' money is invested by the investment managers of a company, and thus there is no pure intermediary activity, under European law licensing and regulation by the competent financial supervisory authority is required. On the one hand, while there is talk of CryptoAdvice being a platform, on the other hand, money or crypto-money is being talked about by in-house investment managers.

    CEO of CryptoAdvice is Jordan Lucas. This is a real person who has nothing to do with American football player Jordan Lucas of Kansas City. Of course, we did not know if the name was real, but the person on the webpage is the same as the presentations in some YouTube videos. At the events, juicy checks are handed over to cheers and the mood is heated up with a view to top returns and epoch-making sound. This sounds super obvious to me...

    The connection with QuickX behind the QCX token also makes us listen. QuickX is a Malta-based company, also part of Mended Minds Ltd. and Jordan Luke. QuickX and QCX tokens are obviously also linked to an Indian development team. The QXC tokens will obviously be pushed through the affiliate program as well as with the investments by CryptoAdvice.

    Affiliate partners, for example, have to deposit QCX tokens to get the returns paid out in QCX as well. However, the QCX investments are committed for one year. This means that no payouts can be made for at least one year. The lock is justified by the fact that no price decline of the QCX should take place. That is, however, with pure folly mischief.

    The one-year ban on withdrawals, it may be suspected in critical view, could also have been added as a brake for a premature collapse of a "house of cards". However, since we do not want to work with guesses, it remains with the indication that the justification for the one-year lock is rationally incomprehensible. ** So to me this sounds like a scam where people are talked into investing in "cryptoadvice" by people who already did so and are now trying to get the 5% by recruiting other investors.**

    I hope someone can help me here, I'm sorry for the long post.

    Edit: Found a video of someone looking into the company. Maybe he can explain the company a little better:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdLdmgNZFU

    submitted by /u/ScarletRue
    [link] [comments]

    How the 0.001% invest - The family offices through which the world’s wealthiest 0.001% invest are a new force in global finance

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 07:17 AM PST

    A fascinating investing article from the Financial magazine The Economist:

    How the 0.001% invest

    Think of the upper echelons of the money-management business, and the image that springs to mind is of fusty private banks in Geneva or London's Mayfair, with marble lobbies and fake country-house meeting-rooms designed to make their super-rich clients feel at home. But that picture is out of date.

    A more accurate one would feature hundreds of glassy private offices in California and Singapore that invest in Canadian bonds, European property and Chinese startups—and whose gilded patrons are sleepwalking into a political storm.

    Global finance is being transformed as billionaires get richer and cut out the middlemen by creating their own "family offices", personal investment firms that roam global markets looking for opportunities.

    Largely unnoticed, family offices have become a force in investing, with up to $4trn of assets - more than hedge funds - and equivalent to 6% of the value of the world's stockmarkets

    https://www.economist.com/leaders/2018/12/15/how-the-0001-invest

    submitted by /u/MysteriousTravel6
    [link] [comments]

    Is it too good to be true? Need advice.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:02 AM PST

    So I am currently seeking to invest into buying a new business. It's has been operating for a couple years now. I will be putting a downpayment of $30k USD and will then pay back $50k over the next 6 months. I plan to pay the extra $50k off soon as I am making "profits" the company turned 780k sales & 600k profit in the past 14 months and consistently is getting customers. It is a SaaS (Software as a Service) my plan is to purchase the store outsource employers till I can settle everything and then get an office space and 2 staff members. I am just not sure if I should do it. I am worried it's to good to be true. The previous owner is selling as he is building capital to put into his main company. Does anyone have any points or things I should ask the seller to ensure this is a safe purchase. Such as anything I have missed. Would love some input. The seller will also fly to my country of residence to help with setting it up.

    submitted by /u/NathanW852
    [link] [comments]

    Cashapp investments

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:44 PM PST

    I'm a big fan of the cash app and I've enjoyed buying a couple hundred bucks worth of bitcoin. Now they have investments on the app. Where should I start? I know very little about buying shares, is the cashapp viable for buying and selling shares or should I use something else? Also what should my first investment be?

    submitted by /u/wwalls17
    [link] [comments]

    how are london & hk still at the top of the overall financial captials of the world given the extreme amount of political problems in both of these 2 places?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:42 AM PST

    how are london & hk still at the top of the overall financial captials of the world given the extreme amount of political problems in both of these 2 places?

    submitted by /u/bestminipc
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the difference between shorting a stock and buying puts?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:40 AM PST

    I know that when you short a stock you're borrowing it to sell it lower with money you dont have but can you buy puts and do the same?

    submitted by /u/CIARRAPUNGI
    [link] [comments]

    Which listed software companies write for NVidea GPUs?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:26 AM PST

    Someone from NVidea came to my university to hold a CUDA workshop. We all learned how to write CUDA and speed up the software projects we were working on.

    For NVidea, the purpose of the workshop was to try selling their hardware for use in the university supercomputer.

    Lock-free data structures are a major research area in computer science at the moment. This will make higher performance parallel software easier to write.

    Which small listed companies write software for NVidea GPUs?

    submitted by /u/XiPingTing
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of any good brokers offering penny stocks and leverage?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:05 AM PST

    anyone know of any brokers that have penny stocks available and have leverage from 1:10-1:100? thanks.

    submitted by /u/sillyohh1
    [link] [comments]

    Investing in Real Estate through Fundrise (or similar Real Estate foundrising platform)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:50 PM PST

    Hi all,
    I'd like to understand what do you think about invesing in real estate through Fundrise.

    Has anyone of you experienced some investment? I have some doubts.

    • I can't sell my ownership to have liquidity soon, right?
    • Is there a "limit" of years my money are "blocked" and I earn only interests on them, right?
    • I see on the site that the Investment Horizon is 3-7 years, does that actually mean that one can access their full liquidity after that period of time?

      https://fundrise.com/investing-with-fundrise?cta=Main%20Menu

    submitted by /u/xcsob
    [link] [comments]

    Which stocks do you build your portfolio around?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:34 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    Which stocks do you build the rest of your portfolio around. In other words, what are your largest holdings? How long have you held them and why?

    Please no index funds, just individual companies.

    submitted by /u/buffalodumb
    [link] [comments]

    What makes a great stock analysis?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:13 PM PST

    What elements compose a great stock analysis?

    Do you have an example of a well written stock analysis?

    submitted by /u/MedEng3
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on GE?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:24 PM PST

    Seems to be recovering from its drop, what are you guys thinking?

    submitted by /u/megustajuice2
    [link] [comments]

    Earnings reports

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:19 PM PST

    I'm just starting to get into investing and I always hear the business channels and news sites talk about earnings reports. Where can I go to read these / listen to the call? Do they get submitted to some master website or do I have to go to each company website individually? Or am I even able to obtain these? Thanks

    submitted by /u/GreenManBill
    [link] [comments]

    Does Warren Buffett have all the same resources we would have?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:37 AM PST

    When Buffett is researching a company, does he get insights that we would never be able to get?

    submitted by /u/red-did
    [link] [comments]

    How to buy australian options from the USA

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:14 PM PST

    I have had some success investing in an Australian company. I have developed and tested models on the said company. The sad part for me is, i would like to buy the company's options but i haven't had any success trying to find a brokerage from the USA that would allow me to do that. I would appreciate it if i can get any useful advise on this very issue. The company is listed on the asx

    submitted by /u/BigBoyJourney
    [link] [comments]

    Danaher shareholders: what are you doing with the exchange offer for Envista shares at a 7% discount?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:50 AM PST

    I'm undecided on what to do. Doesn't look like it triggers a tax event, but even so, I'm only considering it for the discount.

    submitted by /u/thisistheperfectname
    [link] [comments]

    Question about covered calls...

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 01:05 PM PST

    Hi gang, I'm looking to increase my income liquidity with some passive(ish) covered calls. I'm having a helluva time figuring out where to focus my efforts.

    For those of you who do covered calls on a regular basis, how did you select your industry of choice? I know it's a bullish growth strategy, so I'm thinking about technology companies, but I'm having a hard time stomaching some of these company balance sheets. I know it's wise to invest in big ass companies we've all heard of, and tbh I'm generally an index investor, so I tend to prefer safe and stable with dividends. Do people cover call REITs? Indexes? Should I look at health care, tech? I'm just at a loss for where to start to get a good premium on a bullish industry. ANY covered call advice would be immensely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TheCalifornist
    [link] [comments]

    Stock income tax and healthcare credit question

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:54 PM PST

    • I am early-retired and living off of savings and investment income.
    • HealthCare.gov offers a tax credit for those making $12,500 to $31,000.
    • I have subscribed to a healthcare.gov insurance plan and am using half of the advance payments.
    • The standard IRS tax deduction for a single person is $12,500.

    Please check my understanding...

    I'm thinking that, assuming my investment portfolio meets or exceeds $12,500 gains, I could sell it at the end of each year to claim the income in order to qualify for the tax credit and not have to pay the penalty for not making enough money.

    In addition, the standard deduction would mean that I would not have to pay tax on the income up to $12,500.

    Does that make sense and sound like a reasonable plan?

    Thanks for your advice.

    submitted by /u/Alone52
    [link] [comments]

    Sanchez Energy bankruptcy is partially due to higher-than-expected production declines in the Eagle Ford Assets acquired from Anadarko on 2017/01/03.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 07:30 AM PST

    Sanchez Energy, a Houston oil company that was one of the most active drillers in the Eagle Ford Shale of South Texas, declared bankruptcy on 2019/08/12.

    The bankruptcy is partially due to higher-than-expected production declines in the Eagle Ford Assets acquired from Anadarko on 2017/01/03.

    https://www.slideshare.net/ShaleProfile/sanchez-energy-forecasting-production-decline-in-anadarkos-ef-assets

    📷

    submitted by /u/Ethiw_Freeman
    [link] [comments]

    Legit stock courses?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:25 PM PST

    I'm young (<18) and am looking to learn the ins and outs of the stock market. Does anyone know of a (preferably free) course, say on YouTube or another platform? (I'm not talking about one of those rip off get rich quick courses)

    submitted by /u/marveliteIG
    [link] [comments]

    Why is this stock valued over their buyout price?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:08 PM PST

    What are the reasons for a stock be trading over its current buyout price? Specifically the company Anixter ticker AXE. They announced they are being bought out by a private equity firm in an all cash transaction for 82.5 a share. The deal ended on the 24th. However they are still trading at $85-86 a share. What would cause analysts to have price targets higher than this and anyone to buy it above the buyout price? They have not released any information even though the deal should be sealed? Can someone smarter than me give their opinion on this situation or explain what's going on here?

    Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20191122/business/191129686/

    submitted by /u/Millerman121
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment