• Breaking News

    Monday, November 25, 2019

    Cold calling is like the gym Sales and Selling

    Cold calling is like the gym Sales and Selling


    Cold calling is like the gym

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 06:22 AM PST

    Last week I had debilitating food poisoning and I was out for 4 days. Prior to that I was smashing out my calls, today and I cant even find the energy to pick up the phone. It's like the gym, take a week off and it's a royal pain in the ass to get back into the groove lol.

    submitted by /u/flippytuck
    [link] [comments]

    You should never build rapport on the first cold call.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 06:08 AM PST

    I have been in too many positions where reps try to build rapport on the very first call by talking about the weather or sports ... But thats not how rapport is build. Rapport is build through showing and giving value and through that process, you can start to ask about their Grandma's uncle's sister's nephews dog..... Stop trying to build rapport in the first call because it gets awkward and instead show them that you have something of value that will help THEM.

    submitted by /u/Alwaysbesaving
    [link] [comments]

    Emailed resignation - immediately blocked from email - now employer asks me to go in to my old accounts (via text) to transition them

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 09:44 AM PST

    As the title says, I emailed (on Friday) a very professional resignation letter to my manager and VP. I did't get a call or email but was immediately blocked from my email. My manager texts me Monday morning asking me to go into my biggest account to transition it to another salesmen.

    I have strict non-competes in place. My fear is that I would say something that "directly or indirectly" violates my non-compete if they lose the account in the future.

    Is the fact they revoked my email a clear and obvious sign that I am no longer employed? What should I do?

    submitted by /u/ynkeesouth
    [link] [comments]

    Is sending emails with personalized videos weird?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 08:04 PM PST

    I have a couple clients that are nearly impossible to get on a call. Have any of your account managers ever sent over a short 30 second video with a quick pitch or demo of a solution clearly made for that specific client?

    And I'm wondering if doing this is weird and if I did it, would i just keep making burner YouTube accounts

    submitted by /u/SqueakyBeats00
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a sales archetype from a looks standpoint?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:25 AM PST

    I had a big event this weekend in my territory. Plenty of professionals that I work with and some folks I'll be new to working with. I'm good at my job. I'm knowledgable, ask questions, always focused on learning and growing. I'm considered by my peers and customers to be an excellent rep and I'm proud of that. This weekend something happened that I hadn't experienced before. One of my newer potential customers kept looking at my belly. I'm a big guy. 6'8, 315lbs. I'm also bald and have a pretty full beard that I keep very well groomed. I dress well, although this was a casual event so it was polo, wind breaker, and nice Jeans. But i keep my clothes clean and pressed, I polish and shine my shoes, wear nice designer glasses, etc. I'm obsessive about cleanliness and grooming, but I've also had slightly yellowish teeth most of my life. I use whitening and I clean them very well, but the dentist says it's just a genetic thing and there's only so much whitening can do. I have one tooth that's out a little further than others due to crowding from waiting too long to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I've been told these things aren't noticable. My tooth shade is apparently the most common at an a3, but most of the people I work with have bright whites.

    So my question is, how much do you judge sales people by those things? Is it holding me back from my potential? Or is it more about the hygiene and clothes and such? This isn't something that ever affected my confidence before now, so I'm trying to figure out the appropriate amount of energy to put into it. Appreciate any help or insights.

    Edit: if it helps Ive been told I more or less look like Toby from This is us.

    submitted by /u/TheRealDickChixadore
    [link] [comments]

    Suit for a UK Tech BDR job interview. Too much, or fine?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:15 AM PST

    As per the title. Will I look like a try-hard wearing a suit, or does it show a bit of extra effort?

    submitted by /u/TimothyGonzalez
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon lost $10B Pentagon contract to Microsoft and everyone is surprised. Why this is not a surprise at all.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:02 AM PST

    Its very public that Trump does not like Amazon and Bezos. First rule of sales is you only buy from people you like.

    Amazon losing this contract was 0 surprise to me.

    All political opinions aside. Like or dislike Trump, as a Salesperson this is rule #1 of sales. You only do business with people you like.

    /endrant

    submitted by /u/AshtonKusher
    [link] [comments]

    How difficult is it to switch from one industry to another in sales?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:34 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    Long-time reader, first-time poster. Just wanted to extend a thank you to everyone here, your insightful posts helped me land and kill my first inside sales interview.

    Alright, onto the nitty-gritty:

    I have an offer to start work at a big 3 package delivery and supply chain management company as an inside sales rep. I'm aiming to stay in this role for the next 1-2 years to pick up experience and learn the cycle of sales and perhaps move into an Outside sales role.

    Now, will I be locked into this niche of sales (SCM) or will making the move over to, for example, medical or SAAS, be a difficult one?

    submitted by /u/down_a_mountain
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with the uncertainty of earnings in this field when it comes to long term commitments (e.g. taking out a mortgage)?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:57 PM PST

    Best sales professionals to follow on LinkedIn for good advice?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 06:13 PM PST

    I'm beginning my technology sales career (transitioning from general business) early next year and am looking to be as well-versed as I can. In addition to doing my book reading, I would like to have some suggestions of sales professionals I should be following on LinkedIn for meaningful advice, not just those cliched "influencers" whose posts you see constantly.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/d1zzym1ssl1zzy
    [link] [comments]

    Why do companies such as Apple not have Sales Rep actively cold-calling for business, and if so do companies with great products not need one?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:44 AM PST

    I'm sitting in my office thinking-out-loud; why do most companies need sales or BDR cold-calling for business meanwhile I've never seen an iPhone sales rep cold-calling for business?

    Is it because there is one and I've never seen one? or is it because when you have such a great product, you don't need to cold-call. and if so, why don't companies focus on making the best product there is instead of cold-calling people to buy sub-par/average products?

    submitted by /u/2nd_Tinder_Date
    [link] [comments]

    Do services sales (software segment) decreases as Christmas comes by?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    I'm just wondering if Christmas and New Year have some kind of influence on selling services in the technology segment. Maybe prospects are not into contracting software developers at this time of year. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Nietzking
    [link] [comments]

    Strategies around decision-makers.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:52 AM PST

    Hello Reddit Sales army, I wanted to open and discuss a topic that cost me a pretty valuable deal recently. A classic mistake of not properly identifying the right decision-maker in the company. He entered the process at the last minute and I was not quick enough to realize, that nothing was properly explained to him and that I should basically restart the process with him from scratch. So it occurred to me that I will open this topic up to gain more insights and improve my process.

    Basically I have two questions, to begin with:
    1. What strategies/approaches do you use in order to get to the right person in the beginning? Lots of times the task of selecting a proper vendor is delegated to a lower lever class member of the team, who often positions himself as a gate-keeper. In my experience, even if he becomes a champion of your product the person can still pushback if you try to join the big table.

    1. If a "ghost" decision-maker appears later in the process, how do you handle that situation? You obviously would not restart the whole process with the trial and everything. It feels like you quickly need to quickly convince somebody who had little product exposure while all the value was communicated through his employee(outside of your hands), that it makes sense to buy what you are selling.

    What I tried so far:
    1. Ask early in the conversation about how the purchase process is usually handled in their company. In most cases, this gives me the position or the name of the person, but not much else. I could approach that person by looking him up, but I feel like that would be seen like trying to circumvent the original contact and I would be locked out of the conversation. This is not confirmed because I never tried to approach like that.

    1. I tried to restart the value building process when I realized that I'm actually speaking to a real decision-maker, but I can lose the wave pretty quickly because I don't know how much he knows and assumptions can quickly fall flat.

    2. I tried to ask the champion to include me in his presentation to the decision-makers so I can help him present it properly and save time. This usually doesn't work, not sure why but my assumption is that for them it feels like inviting a fox to their den who would subjectively push his agenda.

    Background: I work in a small SAAS startup in central Europe. Our price structure is in the form of monthly plans which can range from 160€ to 900€ per month, or go higher if we go custom/enterprise. (feel free to ask if you need more info)

    submitted by /u/Draken_of_sales
    [link] [comments]

    Sales best practice which could be applied to corporate fundraising?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:58 AM PST

    I'm starting a new position as a corporate fundraising manager in January for a baby hospice charity. I've only really done community fundraising in the past and wondered if anyone has any tips from working in sales which I could apply when identifying, approaching or nurturing a relationship with a company for a partnership or sponsorship?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Alynzhara
    [link] [comments]

    Making 50 cold calls a day and I'm stuck. Looking for some advice

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 09:35 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    So a little background before we start I don't have any real sales experience. I hussled my way to where I'm at buy reading books and just calling. With that being said I'm really struggling in the qualification stage. I'm not sure what questions to ask or what to say. I start by saying who I am what I do and why I'm calling. Cool check mark. I ask if I can get 5 minutes of there time and they say yes. Then I build repor since they are my area and the weather is bad I'll be like crazy weather today trying to find some ground. After is the part that I struggle the most in. I run a agency website marketing so it's pretty easy to find company with bad websites. Yet if I call and I'm like I'm calling about your website they say what's wrong with it? If it's out of date and I say I noticed your website was out of date and could use an update they get offended. Im loosing so many clients beacuse I lack in this area. I have been trying and failing so I'm turning here for a little advice on truly stuck and looking for some advice.

    My point is to build some value and I know Im not asking the right questions. This is mainly because just because I see problems doesn't mean they will aswell. Maybe I'm getting discovery and qualification mixed up...

    Thank you, I take the information you guys and learn from it!

    submitted by /u/Rien_Xo
    [link] [comments]

    Roleplay assignment. Advice appreciated on structure/approach.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:51 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm a long term lurker on this subreddit, and find it a constant source of excellent advice. I have an important role play assignment for a BI company next week, and want to ensure I avoid any pitfalls. I'd really appreciate any advice. I'm 5 years into SAAS sales, have always nailed my number in both companies, but have had mixed feedback on previous roleplays and presentations during interviews.

    Task

    Conduct discovery, demo info on the product, show why it's the best solution to fix the prospect's problem.

    Scenario

    James, in charge of Netsuite at a retail chain. Wants to integrate BI tool to analyse data, forecasting, trends.

    Requirements

    • Cloud Based
    • Can integrate with NS
    • Predictive / FC a plus

    Pain

    • Need to analyse sales data, losing business from this currently
    • Doing it manual ( loss of time)

    Timeline

    Budget next year, want to make a decision this year.

    Data

    Netsuite, google analytics .......,

    Competition (names 4 other vendors)

    My approach

    • Research integration with NS in their current docs on the company website to familiarise
    • Retail based cased studies on the company website to familiarise with industry pains and how they solve them. Also for leverage in referencing successful use cases in their space
    • Set Agenda for the session
    • MEDDIC methodology for discovery. Search for missing information, use the info given as a basis to quantify pains, understand why requirements are important. Understand the economic buyers. Understand how they are going to compare vendors. Understand the success criteria for selecting a vendor. Identify who can champion this product.
    • With a better understanding of their challenges, illustrate why this product remedies them.
    • Handle objections, ask for any additional concerns.
    • Agree on next step....
    submitted by /u/jeff_vii
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here have experience with energy brokerages?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:39 AM PST

    Especially in the UK.. I've been cautioned about them by an old head in the energy game, but I've got an interview with some attractive money on offer.

    Apparently they are ruthless with turnover if you're not smashing the numbers, but it's b2b with decent commission so I'm looking to get in there and smash it.

    submitted by /u/ukjobsaccount
    [link] [comments]

    How do you find the roadmap or goals for a private company?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:15 AM PST

    It's easy for a public company, but how do you do that for a private co?

    submitted by /u/ptrenko123
    [link] [comments]

    Road to inside sales?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 06:59 PM PST

    I figured this would be the place to ask a good start (industry wise) for getting a sales track record? I'd like to ultimately get to a b2b role in my career.

    submitted by /u/slipslimeysludge
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for experience with cold emailing

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 06:39 PM PST

    Hey there...I LOVE to help people with their cold email campaigns.

    .

    Recently, some advice I gave helped achieve a 75% open rate, and 13% CTR.

    .

    If you want some feedback on your cold emails (no charge, no catch) shoot me a message and we will go on from there!

    .
    Why? I'm just looking for experience. If/when you get results, I may ask for a testimonial. Other than that, I'm driven by my need to get out in the field.

    .

    submitted by /u/JakeandOreos
    [link] [comments]

    Work Ethic

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 05:28 PM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I am currently looking into different roles in the realm of sales and was wondering if SDR's here could mention how many hours a week they work, how many outbound calls they make, how many inbound calls they receive, what they sell (saas, med devs), and what their comp package looks like (40k base 30k commission).

    To start and be as transparent as possible, I work as an insurance sales agent and earn $15 per hour in NY, and my commission is usually about 0 when I'm part time but on average 1,000-2,000 monthly when im full time (Having sold a mixture of 20-30 cars and/or homeowners policies). My hours are very flexible do to school our agency owner essentially allows me to come and go whenever I get the chance so my hours vary from 0-51 hours a week. I make approximately 175 calls on average daily and 5 or so will be inbound leads.

    I am strongly looking to pursue a career in sales, specifically Saas and was hoping to get some insight.

    Thank You

    submitted by /u/Fintern007
    [link] [comments]

    CRM Features - Seasoned Sales folks help?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 02:25 PM PST

    All - I am looking for some mature advice on a CRM... I have used Highrise for a few years and it has mostly worked but they stopped development and I am forced to change products...

    I only used the CRM to track conversations and maintain contact info... When looking to new products - they have soo many new features and upsells - I just don't have a good idea on what the 2 or 3 features that provide the 90% of the value are?

    I am looking for some seasoned Sales folks to describe to me what are the core central features that you absolutely need to have and what are the nice to have but critical to your roll things are.

    submitted by /u/spatia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment