• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 23, 2019

    Accounting If someone says "If you're thinking of leaving, please reach out to me, I will find you a better job" don't fucking do it.

    Accounting If someone says "If you're thinking of leaving, please reach out to me, I will find you a better job" don't fucking do it.


    If someone says "If you're thinking of leaving, please reach out to me, I will find you a better job" don't fucking do it.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:37 AM PST

    I've been told this "quote" by so many managers and partners I almost believed it. I actually wanted to see if this was true so I told my manager in charge "Hey i'm gonna quit, i'm burning out and I hate coming to work". Cue talks of trying to get me to stay for busy season and me telling him I had nothing lined up after leaving. When all was said and done and he couldn't convince me to stay he just went on full panic mode trying to find another senior. No mention of "hey lets help you find something" and more of a "I need to find another lackey so I don't overwork myself in the next few months".

    I've worked very late hours for this individual and completed anything that was asked of me.

    Also I do have a job offer lined up and i'm super excited for it! Watch out for yourself people, because no one else will!

    submitted by /u/Sweet-Parking
    [link] [comments]

    Watercooler chat - accounting edition

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:41 AM PST

    Is it weird for an intern to go to a holiday party when they haven’t worked there yet?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:02 PM PST

    It's in a week, I feel like I should have politely declined the invite. I barely know anyone that works there I'd think it be weird if I just walk in.

    submitted by /u/IsAaronAName
    [link] [comments]

    Those who own their own accounting firm or are working in an accounting firm, what are the most common services your firm provides to potential customers?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:13 PM PST

    I am an accounting student in the US, currently studying for a BA in finance and continuing to the CPA.

    I wanted to get more information on what type of services clients are looking for. Is it simply categorizing expenses and income in a software like quickbooks/SAGE? Or preparing tax returns for example. What are the most sought out services and how does your firm deliver those results? Thanks

    submitted by /u/domemoree
    [link] [comments]

    How long do you have to work at B4 (or any company) before you can ask to be relocated to a different state? Say you wanted to live a little in the west coast for a change, when would be a good time to ask? When is it too soon?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:45 PM PST

    In California, does it matter to employers whether a degree is AACSB or ACBSP accredited?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:06 PM PST

    I'm planning to get an online Master's in Accounting from WGU. The thing is, it's ACBSP accredited, but not AACSB accredited (which is more known). So does the accreditation of an accounting degree matter to employers in California, or will they just care about the CPA licensure?

    Thanks for your time

    submitted by /u/earthglaive104
    [link] [comments]

    Which critics would you make to GnuCash to improve it?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:17 AM PST

    Some people would GnuCash to be more integrated, business responsive, and other thoughts. It would be interesting to know your opinion about what would make GnuCash a better software?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/JoonDoe
    [link] [comments]

    BECKER CPA: I FUCKING HATE TIM GEARTY

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:46 PM PST

    He only reads the book, I cant understand leases nor the pensions all because that smug fuck does not know a thing about the material, I regret ever going with becker solely because of him. sorry for being dramatic but I gotta vent.

    submitted by /u/the-great-leader
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 - Office Transfers as a First Year

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:39 PM PST

    I started in audit at Deloitte this past September in a small, low COL area on the East Coast, however there's a large chance I will be moving to Cali next summer/fall with my boyfriend. One of the reasons I chose Big 4 was the mobility, but I'm not sure how easy this will be as a first year. My thought was to avoid mentioning it until after busy season, but I think it will be difficult to not say anything and then spring it up on them and expect a quick transfer. Any advice on the right time to bring this up and initiating the transfer?

    submitted by /u/collegestudent5568
    [link] [comments]

    Are there part time jobs available for accountants?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:18 AM PST

    Just wondering if you can work part time as an accountant, and at what level in your career can you work part time and still make a decent livable salary?

    submitted by /u/gbp1287
    [link] [comments]

    Does being a certified account payable associate (CAPA/CAPP) do anything in the job market? What’s the difference between getting a certificate in advanced accounting from a university vs community college.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:38 PM PST

    Here's the link for the certification in Accounts payable. https://www.financialops.org/certification-/certification

    submitted by /u/janen122
    [link] [comments]

    In america tax write off for donating old items?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:55 PM PST

    Okay so you know places like Goodwill and how a lot of people, myself included, just give our old used items away? Does this count as charity? more importantly is it a tax write off opportunity I been missing all these years?!

    submitted by /u/MrWizard128
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] KPMG Education Fee Repayment Upon Resignation?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 02:36 PM PST

    Has anyone any experience with how strict KPMG is with requiring reimbursement of education/tuition fees after you leave? Do they go after everything, including accommodations, flights etc? Yes, my employment contract says it's all owed but coworkers from national firms also didn't end up repaying anything because it slipped through the cracks apparently. If anyone has insight or experience to share, that'd be appreciated

    submitted by /u/matinara
    [link] [comments]

    Received unsolicited offer from Big 4, start date is two years from now.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 12:48 PM PST

    Context: Received an out of the blue offer from EY that I don't remember applying, much less interviewing, for. Confirmed it is a legit offer from EY's career page, but the the start date on the offer is for Summer/Fall of 2021. Has anyone else received offers with a start date so far in the future? I figured this might make more sense for applicants still in school, but for someone who's been in industry the past 5 years this seems bizarre to me.

    submitted by /u/tcElectric
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a podcast guest

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:37 AM PST

    Particularly someone who has experience with record label or movie industry experience.

    We're looking to get an inside scoop on how accounting practices impact royalties, how long it takes for a band to make money once they've signed with a label, etc.

    EDIT: Not looking for any client specific information. We're looking for someone who understands the accounting practices.

    submitted by /u/gaseousclaythereturn
    [link] [comments]

    How long does Novogradac take to get back?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:21 PM PST

    I had a second round interview and they didn't give a timeframe

    submitted by /u/teafan1
    [link] [comments]

    Does it matter where I intern?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:59 PM PST

    I'm currently a junior in college studying accounting (obviously). I'm thinking about taking a summer internship this year, but I'm not sure where I should intern or what part of a company I should intern for? I'm interested in tax, but does that mean I should intern at a predominant tax firm or should I keep my options open as I'm not super set on what I'd like to go into?

    I'll most likely be looking around the Dallas, TX area or Austin, TX area so there will be ample opportunities but I'm just not sure where to start looking.

    submitted by /u/kaylavise
    [link] [comments]

    I am blocking on this exercice. I can’t balance it because I am wrong on part 1. I know it’s not the right place and it can be seem as spam but I have been into blog and communities dedicated to this but no help came. I usually don’t have any issue and I have great results but I block hard. Thanks

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:29 PM PST

    Staff are disinterested in learning industry

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:00 PM PST

    Auditor here, under manager but above senior-level.

    The staff I work with suck ass. It's not that they are dumb, or don't do what are asked of them. It's that they are so disinterested in the job that it makes me worry that I can't effectively move up into managing engagements while I still have to be stuck running them.

    The staff do not ask any questions about the industry that we audit. They aren't curious at all about their operations, or our audit for that matter. Their daily tasks are limited to what I directly ask them to do because they don't go out of their way to ask "what's next?" and for some reason they do not dare touch workpapers they haven't been assigned to, even out of curiosity. They are glorified administrative assistants.

    They don't seem to get that they are at the bottom rung of a ladder they can climb fast and easily if they just showed some interest and effort.

    I'm thinking about bringing this up at my annual review. I think management needs to do a better job at identifying candidates that view the job as the start of their career and not "just the first thing after college." Hell, even I know I won't be in public forever but I still put passion into the job every day. I don't know how I can keep moving up effectively if there's no one beneath me to replace me as a senior-level auditor.

    How do I get staff to want to learn?

    submitted by /u/Auditmyhole
    [link] [comments]

    After your first year, how much and how often does salary increase at B4?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:42 PM PST

    CPA Mobility Question

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:26 PM PST

    Hello! I'm a sophomore studying Accountancy and I was learning about the CPA process. I'm from Illinois and want to work in Chicago so I'm planning on obtaining an Illinois CPA. But what if I decide to move somewhere else like California 10 years down the line? How does mobility work for CPA? Would I have to take the CPA exam again?

    submitted by /u/quacksonfan
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use a gaming keyboard+mouse for accounting?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:23 PM PST

    I'm in the process of setting up a WFH station and am trying to be as efficient as possible. My wrist gets sore in the middle of an intense reconcile and there are times where I wish I had a repeat action button on my mouse. Has anyone reprogrammed their gaming mouse/keyboard for excel shortcuts? Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/JanelleDrinksWater
    [link] [comments]

    Help with "Accounts Receivable" guest lecture

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:38 AM PST

    As a favor to a friend, I have to fill in for an hour long lecture on "Reporting and Analyzing Receivables" to an intro accounting class. I like to talk about current events and current companies in my lectures.

    Does anyone have any ideas for current events or recent business news that relates analyzing receivables? I don't want to guest lecture and just go through the slides. I like to add in cool stories as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ThetaHunter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment