• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    We just saw a ‘for sale by owner’ sign on our favorite B&B and are thinking of buying it. We think it’s about 2m. What does the process look like to get a small business loan? What else should we keep in mind? small business

    We just saw a ‘for sale by owner’ sign on our favorite B&B and are thinking of buying it. We think it’s about 2m. What does the process look like to get a small business loan? What else should we keep in mind? small business


    We just saw a ‘for sale by owner’ sign on our favorite B&B and are thinking of buying it. We think it’s about 2m. What does the process look like to get a small business loan? What else should we keep in mind?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    Really looking for guidance here on best way to proceed and explore this opportunity. I should mention this is in US.

    submitted by /u/BippidyBobbidyBoo
    [link] [comments]

    Requesting Feedback: Wash & Fold Laundry Subscription Service?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm considering starting a subscription wash & fold laundry business. Customers would pay a monthly fee (perhaps $39.95) and then $.80/lb of laundry. We would pick-up/drop-off laundry from their house. Customers would request a pick-up via text/email (perhaps an app later on) and we would pick it up same day or next day depending on the time of the request.

    I've found a local laundromat who would wash/fold for $.70, so the main work would be picking up and dropping off.

    I think people would pay for this, but maybe not?

    I live in a very populated city (top 20 in US). I would try to market via targeted local FB and door hangers.

    Any thoughts on this idea? Price point? Concerns I should be thinking of?

    submitted by /u/Due_Internal
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for name suggestions for two businesses, a waffle house/home dessert delivery and a cable/wiring harness small electronics manufacturer

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:28 AM PDT

    Posted from alt account as this info makes it obvious to friends and family who I am.

    Waffle house B2C so name must resonate and be memorable Will serve waffles and crepes/similar to the local public from a high street retail location and offer home delivery.

    Electronics assembly B2B so less critical to be a strong brand name, the products will meet quality expectations and undercut other providers (low cost, no frills, value added service)

    I hate naming businesses, I'm not a creative person, or good at word play so I'm outsourcing the creativity to this sub as I have seen some great suggestions come up on other posts!

    Any business name chosen as a result of your suggestion will be rewarded with Reddit Platinum (if solicitation and reward is permitted in this sub!)

    submitted by /u/Antsunhiddensecret
    [link] [comments]

    (Virgnia) How to take a loan from my single-member LLC?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    I am closing on my first home come November 1. I need to move $6,000 for the downpayment from my single-member LLC to my personal checking. I plan on wiring it and labeling it as a loan and paying it by the end of November in full, interest-free, back to my LLC. Can I do this without any issue? I'm looking to avoid any tax implications. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jimmyeatflies
    [link] [comments]

    Can I register a trademark that is only one apostrophe different than an existing trademark?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:44 PM PDT

    I am looking to register a trademark for a clothing brand called Marys (an example), but there is already a trademark for Mary's, a business in an adjacent space. What are the odds of my application being accepted?

    submitted by /u/Huevosdeoro
    [link] [comments]

    Square Fee Changes

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    What are you guys planning to do now that Square is changing their processing rates?

    submitted by /u/EATLOCALABQ
    [link] [comments]

    I want to start a bakery - need opinions

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I want to start a somewhat niche type of bakery. Over the past few years I've gotten really good at making healthier alternatives to "junk food" such as ice cream (think halo top, or enlightened), Brownies, cookies, banana/pumpkin/blueberry bread and basically just everything you might see in a typical bakery. I use natural sugar substitutes such as stevia and erythritol to make things sweet, and different ingredients/baking processes to reduce oil content. But the best part is after years of trial and error I am now able to emulate the taste, texture, and look, of the "unhealthy" version to about 95% accuracy. I know this type of thing would only fly in certain areas like California or DC.

    I am inexperienced in start ups, so I would love to hear as many thoughts and opinions on this as possible! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jared_bergy
    [link] [comments]

    hello how would i go about recording these details on a digital format.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:36 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/3LiW3av we keep these as records for the kind of job our clients has asked us for it.any ideas for where i should start.and how it could be printed for the customer to keep as a invoice?

    submitted by /u/rehanqwer
    [link] [comments]

    Bought my first commercial property, advice?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    I just got through the process of buying my first commercial property. It's 100% rented out (retail space and apartments) and going to be essentially on autopilot for now.

    But I feel like I'm missing something. Advice on running your first rental property? What did you run into that you wish you did better?

    submitted by /u/reedrehg
    [link] [comments]

    I am trying to start a small dropshipping busniess, but I need some tips.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:14 PM PDT

    I'm sorry if this isn't the right subreddit, but the r/DropShipping101 isn't active.

    I want to build a Shopify store selling AliExpress products and advertise for my products through Instagram theme pages/influencers.

    If you're experienced in this subject and would like to help me out with some pointers, that would be beyond appreciated.

    Thanks 👍

    submitted by /u/vbraca99
    [link] [comments]

    As a Busy Entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm currently in a research phase where I'm trying to find out how one could make it easier for busy entrepreneurs to stay in shape :)

    So i have two simple questions

    As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape? If you do what are the two biggest issues you face?

    submitted by /u/Josh1clark
    [link] [comments]

    Am I a quitter?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    I started to make some investments this year. I'm from South America. A friend of mine told me to invest in his truck-parts business. He brings them from China and then he sell them here. He has a good business.

    I gave him my money and I make a 35% of profit. The thing is that I feel that the time to receive the profit is being little bit longer than it should. He told me to start to sell by my own way the other parts that he also have (not related to the ones where I put my investment) and he would give the 15% of every item sold

    The thing is: I've tried to sell those parts and learn about the business and but I don't feel like I like it. I've tried to apply my strategies and being very enthusiastic about it but I'm not making good deals. I don't wanna quit too soon.

    Now I have another business idea. This one makes me very excited (nothing related to truck-parts). I'm working very hard on it. I decided to split my time between this idea and the truck-parts one. But thinking better about the situation I feel like that I should trust my guts and go 100% with this new idea because I have a good feeling and I think it deserves my entire attention.

    Do you think that I'm being a typical quitter or is it reasonable to take these kind of risks when you're trying to run a profitable business that makes you feel passionate about?

    I would appreciate any opinion or advise

    submitted by /u/willmujica
    [link] [comments]

    To Facebook Pages (and similar products) users, what do you mainly use it for and could you describe your experiences using it (good and bad)?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    I'm a new graduate interested in how small/medium businesses use Facebook Pages (and similar products) for entrepreneurs.

    If you use these products, could you:

    • Describe which products you use, what do you use them for, & the nature of your business (for context)?
    • Why did you choose to use this product(s) over other potential options?
    • Describe your experiences using this product (good and bad)?
    • Any additional comments on this topic

    Any comments on this topic would be very helpful & informative. Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/blue_zzz
    [link] [comments]

    Taking over my father’s restaurant

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    I've been working at my father's restaurant for the past ten years and I know how to run it and perform everything. Recently, my father has fallen ill and he wants to give me the restaurant. I've been doing the books for the past few years, we are very profitable and business has been steadily rising so it seems like a great opportunity. I was just wondering what type of debt and problems I'll be inheriting. Will I inherit any debt that he has? Will I face any consequences due to any potential malpractice from my father? Or will the transfer of ownership give me a clean slate? What should I be aware of going into this?

    submitted by /u/Filipitalian1997
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to sell an unprofitable store?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:03 PM PDT

    How would you value such a thing? Would you just price the equipment + inventory and that'd be the price to sell?

    By unprofitable I don't not mean it struggles to pay rent or eletric. All expenses can be paid no problem... However bringing in a realistic profit after all expenses is a problem.

    submitted by /u/Blue-Hair-SJW
    [link] [comments]

    Compassion and or Hospitality Training

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    I manage a medical office. People come to our office for a number of reasons. Some come for a regular check up, some come to manage their chronic conditions, some come because they are in pain. My goal is not to be just an office where they come because they are in pain, but to be an office where they feel loved and cared for.

    I am looking for some kind of training I can provide for my employees, which would allow us to make others feel loved and cared for. Does anyone knows of a company or consultant that provides something like this?

    If this helps I am in NYC

    submitted by /u/LateTradition3
    [link] [comments]

    Created a wordpress website. What hosting site to go with? Ive heard bad things about host gator.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Not sure who to go with for my domain name & hosting. Ive heard host gator has gone to crap. Who else could i go with thats cheap?

    submitted by /u/kza1209891
    [link] [comments]

    viability of starting a web design/digital marketing agency with no experience in either of those areas

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    hello

    i am wanting to start a web design/digital marketing agency as this line of business has a low barrier to entry and i believe that this sort of business is very sales focused (which i have experience in) so i believe i would be able to acquire clients. i have read some posts of people with no experience in these areas doing very well and i am prepared to study and work hard to learn everything i need to.

    I also have the option of bringing a programmer on board (he seems unsure about his design skills though) in which case i would take over the business side and he would take over the creative/coding side

    anyone have experience in this line or work and wants to impart some advice?

    submitted by /u/1337Entrepreneur
    [link] [comments]

    Making Free Websites for new business to make my portfolio !

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    Hi, I am a new Web designer with almost 2 years of experience of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I'm currently a 3rd year student at an IT college in my country and I've done some websites but they were all for me, just messing around. I've recently started thinking of making web design a part time job but in order to do that, I need to have a portfolio. That is why I'm making some free Web sites, you only need to pay for the domain + hosting on what ever hosting website you want. PM if you're interested and we can talk more.

    submitted by /u/BoostedAnimalYT
    [link] [comments]

    What can I improve about the presentation and content of my online crystal & handmade jewelry store?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    I sell handmade wire wrap jewelry, crystals, gemstones, and mineral specimens. Started it as a hobby while living on a farm in Hawaii in 2012, it grew to a full time thing a few years later. I've been traveling to all the big USA gem shows and building up an increasingly large inventory to work with and resell. The goal is to keep building that until I get large enough to justify a retail space, or otherwise expand past my living room office. I sell in a couple retail stores on consignment, on social media, and have lately been focusing more on etsy than social media. My target audience is mostly mineral collectors, and people who make jewelry with the stones I sell. I get some metaphysical folks but I don't specifically market to them because I'm not into that myself and don't want to fake it. Here's the link to my shop.

    www.etsy.com/shop/zensnapple

    As far as specific questions, here goes.

    For those of you that know nothing about crystals and their values, right off the bat do my prices seem high or low?

    Are the store sections organized in a way that makes sense?

    Are my descriptions too long or too short?

    When you see the pictures, then look at their sizes in mm in the descriptions, do they seem smaller than you'd have pictured them to be from just the listing photos?

    Is my profile picture too strange because it's a dog? He's more photogenic than I am.

    I'm struggling between the idea of focusing on a crisp & white look for the backgrounds, or a more earthy look with plants & larger crystals and colored fabrics. Is it okay to do both, or is a more uniform look the way to go?

    Any tips for improving photography in a lightbox in general?

    What other improvements could I make that I'm not thinking of?

    submitted by /u/zensnapple
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding startup finances

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    Thinking of starting a small business. Now my question is, imma need some help in terms of funds.

    How common is it for banks to give loans to small business (startups).

    Heres the thing tho, i aint asking for much. Anything less then 10k is all i need honestly , with a minimum of 2-5k maybe.

    Any opinion on this?

    submitted by /u/TheLumion
    [link] [comments]

    Going crazy about this...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    To start with some insight, i'm from Argentina, going through my twenties and about to finish a general business 5 years degree.

    The situation is the following, given an extremely volatile economic context, with a galopant recession of the economy and future political and social uncertainty i must decide if i want to take over a 40yo importing wholesale familiar business, with vast organizational problems and increasing competition and falling earning margins but with lots of potential if handled properly and a years of effort.

    Or

    To persue a career in action sports tourism, learn about it, get to know the Places, the people(that its what drives me) and let the other business to its fate.

    I have been thinking about this for the last 2 years, every day and cant get my head around it.

    Anyone had to go through this situation ? What did you do ?

    Im starting to feel the choice through my body, its making me sick and stressed.

    TLDR, i have to choose between letting a business die or follow the career i want.

    submitted by /u/notaquiter
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for opinions to grow my business

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:22 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! Im writing today because - like many others I would assume - I find it hard to get more clients and grow my business. My business is an audio production/sound design service where I create audio for clients projects such as short films, video games, apps etc.

    Some of the things I have been doing to grow my business is engage people on social media (Instagram, Linked-In and Youtube specifically) on their audio needs. In addition, I have been creating free samples of my work to help generate a buzz as well as distinguish myself from other sound designers by giving back to the community.

    I have recently started looking into and briefly tried online advertisement. I am hesitant to throw money at this as I am unsure of the potential return.

    Are there any other avenues you all can recommend that work for you? As well as if online advertisement is a necessity for a small business.

    submitted by /u/GravitySoundOfficial
    [link] [comments]

    Gift Shop/Retail Question

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    I've worked in retail, specifically gift shops for years. I know how the retail world works and how things should be done. I'm currently getting a gift shop/artisans shop open up but when I try to get artisans in the store on commission, they said my rate is too high even though my rate compared to all the other businesses I have worked with in the past, is very low. I'm asking for 30% of sales and they keep 70%. Am I wrong to think this is a good rate? Should I ask for less? Totally confused here as to why I keep hearing my rate is too high with artisans.

    Any help is welcome!

    submitted by /u/hey896
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment