• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 19, 2019

    Wbat are your guys' side hustles? Sales and Selling

    Wbat are your guys' side hustles? Sales and Selling


    Wbat are your guys' side hustles?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    So im earning decent money in my sales career, mon-fri telesales. Ive been looking for ways to earn more on the weekends (now that i have a wedding to save for) and was wondering what you guys are doing other than your main job to earn more money? Need some inspiration!

    submitted by /u/Coozoh
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t lie to yourself about cold calls.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:16 AM PDT

    "My customers dont pick up the phone"

    "All I ever get is voicemails"

    "I mean, cold calls are scheduled in my automated cadences"

    "Emails go right to them!"

    "I can send 500 emails in my SLEEP!"

    "If I send enough emails, I may not have to pick up the phone this week to meet my quota"

    "No one else seems to making any calls either"

    "Im gonna spend the next week writing emails"

    "I havent picked up the phone in weeks...."

    "Still getting meetings through this FIRE email though...Ill make sure I get on the phone next week"

    "Cold calling is DEAD! I met my quota last month by sending emails and videos! New age SDR right here!"

    FAST FORWARD 3 MONTHS

    "I'm probably gonna get put on a Performance Improvement Plan"

    --- THIS ---

    Was the talk track I fed myself for about six months in my first BDR role.

    And I know I'm not alone 😂

    I fell victim to following the crowd and believing that successful outbound sales is possible without utilizing a multi channel approach.

    Don't talk yourself off the phone like I did!

    UPDATE - today I will make over 500 dials and drive more positive outcomes for building pipeline than I did in that entire 6 month period 😎

    submitted by /u/jamesbawden
    [link] [comments]

    Just had a guy blow up at me on the phone because it's the Rugby World Cup right now and i 'shouldn't be calling'. Is there any website that lists such sporting and religious holiday events so that i am aware of this in the future?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    They can see through the fake.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    One of the many reasons that people HATE sales people: they believe we aren't genuine, and never mean what we say.

    The same goes for the reps on your team.

    If they have been in sales for a while, I'm guessing they've experienced bad leadership that made huge promises and never delivered - making them skeptical of every manager since and the "grand visions" they share in the morning stand up.

    If they are just getting into sales, I'm guessing that as they settle into the absolute grind that comes with starting a sales career - they're skeptical of the wonderful things they hear from their manager about being in sales.

    So its imperative that you mean what you say to them.

    Are you REALLY so certain that this new comp structure will last more than 6 months? If you're saying what you THINK you need to say to "keep your team motivated" - you're missing the mark. Be honest. Always.

    Do you REALLY care about their personal and professional growth? Or are you saying that because Gary V said you should?

    Your front-line reps can see right through it if its not genuine. Trust me.

    Being UP FRONT with your team on everything from comp plans to coaching is the only way to gain their trust.

    Dont just talk about it - be about it.

    submitted by /u/jamesbawden
    [link] [comments]

    Got Three Jobs, Help me pick one?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    I got three jobs out of three interviews. Which one of these would I be best setup for success? They are all Cold calling positions. I wanted something with cold calling because I want to work on my confidence and outbound sales skills. Keep in mind i'm only 20 (going on 21 next month). And I am looking to start in a role like this.

    1. Cold calling B2C for HVAC (Paid $13/HOUR + % of any thing they sell to the homeowner like parts, maintenance, plans, etc). They have a call center of about 6 or 7 guys. Doesn't look like the greatest workplace but they definately are making money. 8 Hours per day, with 30 minute break.
    2. Cold Calling B2B for Merchant services. This one is also $13 an hour and $350 comission whenever one of your appointments sign up for their credit card processing solutions. Way better work environment, and way better company culture. Looks like it would be way more fun working there. 6 hours daily.
    3. Cold Calling B2C to set solar appointments. This one is work from home. Calling from 12-7PM. Payment is $150 per appointment that sits. They provide the dialer and leads. They say they are looking for 2 appointments set per day.

    Obviously, every position is going to make money and my effort is whats going to determine my success. But if you were to chose a position like this, which one would you go for?

    submitted by /u/Crexty
    [link] [comments]

    Making me stand up and pitch

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    *sorry for the formatting I'm on mobile and new to reddit

    Just wanted to ask if there is a benefit to the stand up pitch that I'm not understanding and if this is common

    I started my first ever sales job and after 3 weeks I'm settled in, I hit my monthly target for October in the first week so it's going well, but now my manager insists i stand up and pitch and it's completely throwing me off. I haven't made a sale since.

    The logistics just don't make sense, I'm taller than average (6'4) so the desk is way too low so dialling becomes a hassle, I can't see the computer when I stand up so I can't use notes on clients/company information on our system, I have to send follow up emails to everyone I dial and when I'm standing up it's just impossible and the phone wire is short so I doing a weird half standing/Half leaning on the table thing that's killing my back. The office is small and quite, it's open plan too so I have the whole marketing department just watching me

    I tired to explain this but my manager just thinks that I don't like it because I'm "shy"

    So I basically try and sit as much as I can and hope she just forgets it but on Friday she took my chair away so basically forced me to stand

    I was pissed, and it came though in my calls. I found myself snapping/being very short with receptionist etc, this lasted for about two hours until I finally snapped and after another bad call i slammed the phone, walked off and pushed open the door in anger (not enough for them to take disciplinary action but my point was made) to go to the toilet to take a minute to calm down. When I got back my chair was returned without a word

    This all happened on Friday but If she still wants me to stand on Monday I am seriously considering quitting right there and then because I just had this weird feeling I was treated like a child when she took my chair I'm just feeling like I'm getting good and she's just throwing this unnecessary curveball at me.

    Is it normal for managers to insist on these techniques that they read in a book that don't work for everyone/the situation at hand? Is there a benefit to the stand up pitch she's trying to teach me that I'm just not seeing?

    submitted by /u/WHU98
    [link] [comments]

    I just got promoted to national corporate trainer of my company, post your cold call scripts and I'll help edit them!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    I've been in sales for about 14 years now, and besides my first sales job I've been one of the top closers everywhere I've worked. I've always started on the bottom, and within about 6 months I've been promoted to manager or trainer everywhere I've worked. My current job is door to door focused, but I've done a lot of outbound cold calling and inbound sales as well.

    One of my favorite things is helping people with the wordings of their pitches, so since I just got a huge promotion I figured I'd help out some fellow Reddit salespeople with their pitches as well. Post yours up and I'll be happy to help edit it, with explanations for each edit.

    submitted by /u/TiredMemeReference
    [link] [comments]

    Tip for outbound calling

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have had over 15 years experience doing different kinds of sales, inbound, outbound, face to face, B2B and B2C, account management roles etc, I have read most sales books, watched a lot of different videos, tried different scripts and techniques but the 1 thing I have learned is just being nice, pleasant and helpful on the phone goes a long way and your clients will open up more!

    Keep your script short and end it with an open question to get the conversation started, I have my script open on my 2nd monitor and also a list of questions next to it. I basically have the whole call mapped out and direct the call in a way that will sound like a normal conversation but benefit me and selling my services.

    Don't be pushy, don't be aggressive on the phone, don't question your clients strategy's or tell them how to do their job it just won't work out.

    One little tip I would all like you to try when you are on the phone to your prospects is to try pitch your voice up much higher than you normally would speak and also try to soften it a bit more, people with deeper voices sound much more aggressive and pushy in my opinion.

    I've been trying this out over the last month and have smashed my sales quota and had the best month I have ever had what I would also say is whatever industry sector or sales role or software sales that you do PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STUDY STUDY STUDY WHATEVER YOUR SELLING OR SPEAKING ABOUT TO CLIENTS INSIDE OUT be an expert in your field people buy from people they like and think that you have the same interests and speak their language.

    Try this - when the receptionist picks up the phone you go "hi I was looking to speak to John please" but in a nice high pitched tone they will sound pleasantly surprised and usually it changes the receptionists response and brings down their guard. They usually respond with of who's calling and you respond "if you can let him know it's _______(insert first name) on the phone he'll know who it is!

    Usually works a treat and if u have to tell them your company name then try to keep it short as well, try abbreviations of your company, for example if your company is called "London software services" I would say "its ____ OVER AT LSS they'll know who it is"

    Don't spend your time sending cold emails and trying to find the perfect email template that works, pick up the phone, build your pipeline and start closing more deals!

    Just a couple of tips I thought I would share! if it helps just 1 other person then I will be happy!

    submitted by /u/ghanlin91
    [link] [comments]

    Prospecting for CBD startup

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    I'm a BDR for the worlds biggest CRM company, and I'm a partial owner for my brothers CBD startup. I want to prospect into retailers for this company. Now in my day job we have some of the world's best software, but as you can imagine for a sibling partnership everything is paid for out of our own pockets.

    Do any of you have experience prospecting on behalf of startup CPG companies? What tools did you use, who did you call, what's the most effective way to introduce a new Consumer Goods brand into retailers?

    submitted by /u/plainpatwatupp
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble generating NB

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:53 AM PDT

    Hi r/sales community!

    I'm a young sales person working in a basic junior account executive role on the commercial side of the company I work for.

    Our solution is doing very well in the market and I don't want to waste any valuable time not achieving my short term and long term goals around exceeding my quota.

    I am having trouble generating new business and I'd like to exercise that muscle more as my company places a huge emphasis on new logos and there isn't a whole lot of room for expanding in the small companies I represent.

    I would say my day is split up between LinkedIn/Sales Nav/Cold Calling evenly.

    Its not impossible, but difficult to hit a prospect at the right moment to get them interested in a demo and so forth so they can see the benefits they can achieve in their department(we do 100% consultative selling).

    So when I do get them, I want to hook them in.

    I was wondering what are some ways to set the meeting rather than trying to explain our software in 15 seconds, so you have more time to articulate yourself?

    Any ways you can warm a prospect up first? Maybe execute a funnel and see who's clicking on the emails you're sending out?

    Any ideas help and please feel free to ask more questions to others who comment!

    submitted by /u/Justjerms95
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to break into technical MSP sales

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, I'm looking to get into selling MSP. I have over 18 years experience in IT, although I left the field in 2005. In some initial investigations, I came across flockjay.com.

    They claim to train you and offer placement assistance. They also claim to not charge you until you've gained employment, then ask for 10% of your salary for the first year.

    Does this sound legit, or a scam? I also looked up some reviews which were almost all positive, which is a huge red flag.

    Does this sound like something a person who wanted to move into a field could be successful with, or are there other routes I should be investigating?

    submitted by /u/ccrexer
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever done sales or marketing successfully for an Agency before? If so, what made you effective compared to competitors?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    Tips for English teams selling to the USA (b2b)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    We're about to launch a new sales division targeting the US and I was wondering what tips US based sales teams would give.

    What are the little things that you think a foreigner should know when selling to US business people?

    submitted by /u/justanothernathan1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a commission only sales job I can do remotely, what terms should I look for?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    Long story short I want to develop my sales skills, and would like to do a commission only sales job. What terms should I look for? How can I make sure the product/service actually performs and other salesmen are actually closing?

    Do you recommend a specific field that has terms like the ones I should be looking for?

    submitted by /u/DartolomeuBias
    [link] [comments]

    Great Idea but No Team? New sub dedicated to helping founders find passionate professionals to form long-term teams to make things happen. r/Crowdspark

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    Just an FYI. Some of us who frequent the startup/entrepreneurial reddit space have started a new sub dedicated to helping potential founders with new ideas find professionals across all functional areas to help establish long-term teams to make things happen. It is not supposed to be a place to pick up freelancers looking to be hired, but instead a place where you can put your idea out there and find professionals from all backgrounds who are actually passionate about your concept and want to help you make it a reality. Need a lawyer, accountant, or marketing professional on your team? Need a connection? We hope this will eventually become a place where you can find them.

    This sub is dedicated as a posting board to match people up. It takes some of the clutter posting off this sub and provides a place to make connections.

    r/Crowdspark

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lwadz88
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new B2B sales position! Excited, but also intimidated.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:34 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I have been a lurker on this sub reddit for a little while, and you guys give some really good advice which I have really appreciated in the past, and now I am looking for some of that advice. Keep in mind I am really young (20M), but have about 5 years of customer service/digital marketing/sales experience.

    Long story short. Me and my wife were going to be moving in January but she got really hurt so now we won't be moving till next Summer. Right now I am an RV salesman making a minimum wage salary (it has been really slow).

    I have already landed a new B2B sales position (it is remote so it doesn't matter when we move). I am working kind of "part time". It is with a customer engagement/payment processing company that is extremely competitive and actually focuses on helping the business instead of just taking their money. It seems like a really nice company to work for, my sales manager is an awesome guy and the bonuses/residuals are what I am really looking forward to (the minimum quota of sales is 10 a month, doing this with an average sale is about 5x what I am making right now and in 4 years the residuals will be about 120,000 a year). I am also a W-2 Employee and when I go full time there are amazing benefits. There is one problem - no base salary.

    I want to transition full time into my new position, but my wife is very worried we won't be able to pay rent and our bills without a base salary (even if it is just minimum wage). It does not entail cold calling, but actually going in person to businesses and talking to them about the product. The problem is I have very little time to do this because I live an hour away from the job I have right now and it is full time.

    Should I just make the leap in making this new job full time? What have your guys experiences been with "commission only" style jobs? What would your suggestions be on going Door to Door with businesses?

    Thank you for your time everyone!

    submitted by /u/NoahGH
    [link] [comments]

    How to target the right clients for web development projects in Europe?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I'd like to scale our small web development agency after we've seen some success with local clients.

    So far we only worked with medium-sized businesses and organizations. With about 20-100 employees mainly in medical research and law niche.

    Projects with such businesses bring us great revenue, so I want to find similar clients. This time cold emailing potential partners (clients) in Europe as we are based here.

    My question is - Who would be the best person to contact in potential medium-sized companies? Would it be the CEO, CFO, COO, CMO or some other executive?

    Also, what should I focus on while reaching out to the potential clients?

    Thank you for your answers!

    submitted by /u/Hot_Can
    [link] [comments]

    The Silent Sales Floor

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    You want to know why your sales floor is quiet?

    The path to making a call takes WAY too long and gives your reps plenty of excuses to succumb to "the fear of cold calling".

    Look - cold calling isn't typically at the top of anyone's "want to do list" - so as a sales leader - it's your job to remove ALL of the obstacles that stand between your reps and conversations with your next best customers.

    This means a few things.

    The reps that you have put in charge of top of funnel prospecting (whether that's an SDR or an AE) - should NOT be building their own lead lists.

    Lead lists should be nothing but validated numbers and emails.

    Your cold calling army should NOT be writing their own scripts.

    They should have input on whats working and whats not and be a part of the creation process - but reps should NOT be reading a script that is 100 percent written by them.

    The proper technology MUST to be in place to allow your reps to make multiple dials at once, or at the very least waiting for calls to connect in an automated calling queue.

    Manually picking up the phone simply isn't necessary with today's technology.

    Im running out of room here - but the point is - remove all obstacles for your reps and hear a roaring sales floor again!

    submitted by /u/jamesbawden
    [link] [comments]

    What is the general consensus of O'brians Automotive?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    I just started working at an O'brians dealership and I'd like to know what your opinions are from a customer's perspective.

    submitted by /u/inidooH
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most disrespectful experience you've ever had with a customer?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:58 AM PDT

    The future of SDR jobs with the development of AI

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    Listened to this podcast about the future of sales dev reps now that a lot of the process of qualifying prospects are done in scale through AI. Any SDRs here that would like to chime in on how the SDR job will evolve in 2020?

    submitted by /u/FLNI
    [link] [comments]

    Territory Management Training, Articles, or Books

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    Currently a sales manager at a transportation company managing a team of 4. We are set up purely as hunters - no account management after the first few months of implementation. 2 out of my 4 I recruited from my old company where they were high performers. My former company had best in class sales skill and negotiation training, so they are very good in front of the customers when they get meetings. However the old job was probably 50/50 hunting and account management vs 100% here.

    Fast forward to now, a year since they've been here. The younger of the two is adapting very well, prospecting heavily, has some big wins under his belt, and I think will continue to be successful. The older of the two is mid 30s, family, sole worker of the household, and is REALLY weak on time management and territory management. No significant wins after a year and pipeline is unimpressive. Our average sales cycle is 2-3 months up to a year for the largest opportunities. Upper management is starting to ask questions on if he's the right one.

    I've known him for years and we've been "work friends" for a while before I was his boss, which makes it tough for him to accept feedback and coaching from me. I was a very high performing salesperson for 10 years before I got into managing. I have my own shortcomings as a coach but working hard to keep developing. A lot of time and territory management instincts have always come to me naturally but I don't have a framework that I know of or have ever used. Anyone have a line on any good trainings, articles or books that really lay it out formally and might be easier for him to follow? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MJE0409
    [link] [comments]

    Working up my cover letter and resume. Any resource to check regarding what the industry average of sales brought in by an employee? Meaning..,

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:29 AM PDT

    I'm not wording that correctly. What I mean is, if I bring in $1 million in sales at a yearly basis at my current job and I think the average in my industry is closer to $800,000 or so, how can I prove that or at the least be factual enough to state it?

    Is there a website or another resource to check?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/disneyduckfun
    [link] [comments]

    A CRM that categorises prospects according to industry sector...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    The human brain loves to categorise things.

    But why do so few CRM systems lack the option to categorise prospects according to industry? For example, if I'm making calls to the pharma industry, it will make a lot sense for me to pull up 20 pharma prospects with one or two clicks. Like, I can pull up my "pharma script", my brain can go into "pharma speak" etc. However, most CRMs don't seem to treat industry categorisation seriously at all. Am I missing something here? Can you recommend a CRM that offers good industry categorisation of prospects?

    submitted by /u/astillero
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment