• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 31, 2019

    Struggling to articulate summary of value prop. on calls/emails Sales and Selling

    Struggling to articulate summary of value prop. on calls/emails Sales and Selling


    Struggling to articulate summary of value prop. on calls/emails

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Beginner here, full disclosure.

    I'm struggling to really get an impactful one-liner to busy business owners to get spark interest and curiosity on calls and emails.

    My team builds conversion-focused websites and provides search engine services. Obviously these two services are directly related to increase in revenue and leads.

    Lately I've been keeping it vague as our initial outreach purpose is to book a disc. call.

    "We help businesses like you double the customers from their website and increase exposure"

    I hate it and think it sounds terrible.

    I know there's many here that are much more clever than I am so I'm just looking for some ideas? I'm always open to criticism as well so fire away lol.

    submitted by /u/mh231
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on working with International clients?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Have a client ready to sign but their only pushback is that our agreement states if we must move to litigation we need to find a common ground or country. We are a small SAAS company, my thoughts were if they sue us it be in NY, if we sue them it has to be in their EU country? Thoughts????

    submitted by /u/ryanraad
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Halloween Salesfolk! Let's Share our Sales Horror Stories!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Taking full time sales job in college

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    I recently accepted a job at Sprint selling wireless full time. This will inevitably lead to my grades taking a hit, but I currently am running with a 3.96, by the time I graduate with working it will drop much lower.

    In the end is this sales experience worth more then the grades that I could have potentially made? My end goal is to break into SAAS/enterprise sales after college.

    submitted by /u/Thebreezy_1
    [link] [comments]

    How to navigate comp plans when looking for sales roles?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    How do you know what companies have good comp plans when job hunting? or do you just have to get through all the interviews to get an idea of the commission? Ideally I'd only want to interview for companies that have a better comp plan than my current one.

    submitted by /u/bueboots
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything worse than being called a great salesman by your customer?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    In person meeting downgraded to a call, what do I focus on?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    Title says it all. Had a great in person meeting lined up with someone I cold emailed. His secretary told me now he will only be available for a call, so I pushed back with other dates but she said we have to keep it as is and do the call.

    Don't want to push back anymore so trying to think about how to prepare. I had planned on sending an Agenda a day beforehand so I guess now I will include the meeting materials too. The goal of this meeting was to develop rapport and have follow up requiring a second meeting. Any tips in a situation like this? Feels like much more of a hurdle but I have to give it my best shot.

    submitted by /u/harmon25
    [link] [comments]

    A good place for constructive criticism regarding a sales email template.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Pretty much the title.

    Right now I am at a job where I have a lot of free time on my hands, and I am currently also working for a pretty amazing payment processing company (trying to transition into making that job full time). The issue I have is the main way we sell as a company is B2B in person sales. Unfortunately right now I can only do that two days a week during my transition so I am pretty handicapped in doing anything.

    An idea I had was to send out emails to businesses in my local area kind of giving them a small "preview" before I see them in person. I know how to construct a basic sales email, but I really want to get this right as it is my foreseeable future job.

    Where would I go to get some constructive criticism regarding an email template? Should I post it here? Or would that be frowned upon?

    Thank you for your time :).

    submitted by /u/NoahGH
    [link] [comments]

    I am Designing and Developing Websites and Online shops for businesses !

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Hi, I am a designing and developing Websites and Online shops ( Ecommerce stores) for your businesses. I have been developing websites in HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and Wordpress for around 2 years. I can also design a logo and images that you'll need for you websites. If you're interested about getting your business a website or an online shop, then please PM me and we can talk more.

    submitted by /u/BoostedAnimalYT
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding On Area Of Focus In Tech Sales

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I recently joined IBM as a seller and I have the opportunity to choose a potential field to enter between cloud/data platforms, security, and AI. I've already done my research, but I feel like each of them have their own unique qualities and benefits so making this decision is a little challenging.

    Tech sellers, what are your perspectives in those respective fields? I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Asap__yams
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendations for tools which can create a company profile of past customers, pricing, recents news?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    Looking for a tool which can help reduce the time spent on research before cold-emailing them

    submitted by /u/ptrenko123
    [link] [comments]

    B2B or B2C? Which do you prefer and why?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Objection handling - privacy/data concerns

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    What are the best ways to handle potential clients concerns about privacy and their customer data - "is my customer data safe?" etc

    Edit - saas service company that manages follow-up drips for smb via email, sms, ringless voicemails to their current clients. We have a managed service where we handle the follow-ups as well as a do it yourself service where you get access to our tool to manage all the follow-ups yourself. Customers upload their data onto via on platform onto aws. Typical clients - financial services, insurance brokers.

    submitted by /u/internetflyer
    [link] [comments]

    Should I send service email eventhough the company I called repeatedly said they refuse to take sales deck?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:10 AM PDT

    Hi fellow sales;

    I have a question regarding prospecting through cold-call. I call many companies a day; sometimes the person over the phone says he/she does not want any of my company info.

    Should I send it to their service mail anyway even though they repeatedly refuse to take any info.

    submitted by /u/2nd_Tinder_Date
    [link] [comments]

    For B2B Prospecting

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    how can I get ahold of Businesses name, address, number and owners Name. For B2b Sales. I have a start up with a mixed marketing and sales plan. I want to use Social media marketing in collaboration with cold calling to build leads for my company. How can I get business data?

    Edit: I'm in Advertising, and I want to call business owners to pitch. But I need business owners to call.

    submitted by /u/markt-might
    [link] [comments]

    Niche Cosmetics. Where to begin?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    My wife and I own a small, niche cosmetics company. We sell mostly online and have some small distribution outside the USA.

    I'm looking to grow this thing. I tried going through a site for manufacturer's reps and so far no one has been able to produce.

    Does anyone familiar with this industry have any tips or advice on how to start building offline sales?

    submitted by /u/onizukaraptor
    [link] [comments]

    Nursing Home marketing (but it's really sales)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    Anybody have any experience with Nursing home marketing? From what I hear, it's really a sales job where you sell your nursing home to the social workers and hospital employees who can make recommendations to patients on which nursing home a family member should go to.

    There's more to it like that, but it seems like a fancier name for a salesman. Curious if anybody here has had any experience with it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DataCurious
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think that your professional situation would change if you were 4" (10 cm) taller?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    All the sales executives at my former company - and current company (and all the companies in between) - were extremely tall and had a former athletic background while in college.

    However, in international companies, I don't see the Field Sales people particularly super tall. At a French and German company that I worked at, they were average height.

    It's only in the USA, it seems, that the field sales are required to be extremely tall.

    Do you think that you'd have more opportunities or more lucrative opportunities if you were 4" taller?

    submitted by /u/SellingWhileBrown
    [link] [comments]

    Conflicted about new client I brought in... various factors

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:26 PM PDT

    I sell meeting spaces at my primary work, but I also represent two employers that 1) provides the actual space 2) food and beverage services.

    This client reached out to me early this year about finding a new "home" and wanting a space to grow their business with. They are able to bring in consistent business throughout the year on a set schedule which is great. Call it a win-win so to speak.

    The first challenge I faced was their budget. We got it to work with some mathematical gymnastics. Of the amount they are paying us for both the space and food and beverage services, the revenue is split 16/84 respectively. After accounting for payout agreements between my employers, its roughly 27/73. I get a cut out of each pie, but my main employer gets the 16/27.

    The most demanding aspect of the client is that I strongly feel I undercharged them for the physical work needed to meet their needs. I kept rental rates as low as possible to get them slightly above budget and threw in some "sweeteners." As a comparison, this client currently pays 1/4 of what a normal client would pay for the space. It's been just over 6 months now and while they aren't demanding per se, I have to dedicate a lot of my resources (time), sometimes to my detriment to meet their needs.

    They are getting great value from us and I would argue they cannot find another venue with the same amenities. The food and beverage employer is happy with the revenue that is being generated for his business, whereas I am not happy about the revenue I'm getting for myself and for my main employer with this client despite the consistency.

    How do you decide whether or not to keep a long term consistent client? and how could I generate more value for myself and main employer?

    submitted by /u/604stt
    [link] [comments]

    B2B Sales Rep: how can I optimise my workflow?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:50 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    Loving the threads here. That said, I face an issue which I hope some of you could help me with. I want to optimise my workflow, as I feel I don't have overview of my prospects, meetings, calls, to do's and follow ups.

    I use Google agenda to schedule calls and sales meetings.

    The issue arises when I want to use reminders. For example in these situaties:

    - I call a prospect, but he/she is on holiday and will be back in 2 weeks. Therefore I want to remind myself when I can call him/her again.

    - I've spoken to a current client, and he mentioned something that might could play a role for their account in the future, but it is not clear when. I want to remind myself to check that situation in a couple of weeks, to see if any follow-up action needs to take place.

    I can't seem to find a way to get overview of these reminders. I used to plan everything in the google agenda (or SugarCRM agenda in the past), but at any given day this adds up real quick, which causes my agenda to be completely full with reminders I most of the time postpone. I'd like to only use my agenda for scheduled calls and meetings...

    How do you guys optimise your workflow around this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Ronnie

    submitted by /u/RonnieT1D
    [link] [comments]

    Changing from a total sales value based bonus to profit based

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:37 AM PDT

    Hello r/sales!

    I am just curious whether any of you have experienced (or implemented) a bonus system change and even better if it changed from a total value % to profit %.

    For those that have, how was it implemented and how did you feel? This is something that we are considering in the future to put emphasis that when an account is always loss making, we can't maintain the business regardless of how long the relationship has existed. (Accounts that have been unprofitable for years)

    We respect our sales team and don't want to upset / offend them needlessly. We're also looking for a strategy that doesn't make them worse off financially compared to their bonus but will make them stop holding off increases when our costs rise.

    All opinions are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ToobyD
    [link] [comments]

    B2B prospecting tools: Finding companies with offices in specific dual locations?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:51 AM PDT

    E.g. I only want to speak with companies who have offices in Sydney AND Singapore. Or Sydney AND London AND Singapore.

    Does anything exist to make this search easy?

    submitted by /u/totallyonsight
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Habits for Success and a Healthy Mind

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    I understand that sales isn't a job for everyone. It's competitive, it's a lot of rejection, but it's very rewarding. I've seen a lot of salespeople burn out, lose motivation, and give up. It can be a tough career on people mentally.

    My questions are: -What are your daily habits (before, during, and after work) that helps you succeed? -How do you motivate yourself everyday, and stay optimistic and confident? -How do you recoup and refocus after a rejection? -What do you do to expand your knowledge and continue to learn? -What do you do to stay in a healthy mindset, happy, and have a healthy attitude toward work and life?

    Sorry about all the questions. I believe mental preparation and mental (and physical) health are important to sustain

    submitted by /u/yoboyryanhere
    [link] [comments]

    How soon to contact prospects after meeting at conference(not from expo)?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    Hey all, pretty new to sales and recently went to a couple of industry conferences. Work for a small startup so our company didn't have a booth at the expo, but I met a number of attendees/speakers who expressed a lot of interest in our products.

    My question is how soon should I contact these people to book a call after meeting them? One lady I spoke to said she'd already received 7 emails but said everyone was so busy with events, wouldn't have their calendars on them, and would be overwhelmed with work when they got home, so I should wait at least a week.

    I did that but I've gotten a lot of flaking. People don't have their calendars on them and it seems like writing them while the conference is on, they will see it and forget it. But if I wait too long, they will forget our conversation.

    What's the best strategy here?

    submitted by /u/ymolblue
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment