• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    Startups Feedback Fridays - A Friendly Feedback Exchange For Ideas and Products

    Startups Feedback Fridays - A Friendly Feedback Exchange For Ideas and Products


    Feedback Fridays - A Friendly Feedback Exchange For Ideas and Products

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to this week's Feedback Thread. This is the place to request feedback on your ideas and products.

    Be sure to give feedback if you are requesting feedback. Equivalent exchange goes a long way towards reaching your own goals and it makes for a stronger community.

    Please use the following format:

    URL:

    Purpose of Startup:

    Technologies Used:

    Feedback Requested:

    Additional Comments:

    Post your site along with your stack and technologies used and receive feedback from the community. Please refrain from just posting a link and instead give us a bit of a background about your creation.

    Feel free to request general feedback or specific feedback in a certain area like user experience, usability, design, or code review.

    You can also find more support using instant chat on the /r/startups discord.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Funded start up, looking out for a CTO

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:01 AM PDT

    We just raised a decent seed round in India, right after, our CTO had to leave due to a tragic circumstance. I've personally met so many tech guys who are top-notch but don't get opportunities because of the city/country they live in. Ukrainians, Russians, Bosnians, it almost disheartens me.

    And while searching for a new CTO, I've realized that the market is saturated with people past their prime. I'm looking for someone abroad, who has the drive and passion to do something challenging. We're open to giving a good chunk of equity, work for visas and ensure better life, just so you can be a part of the team. I'd love to explain more on message, so please do hit me up if this interests you

    submitted by /u/dioticslut
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok to copy a few design features from estabilished competitors?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    I'm creating a community for entrepreneurs where you can discuss, blog and share experiences about business, marketing, digital marketing, etc etc.

    Create a unique layout that looks professional is obviously not an easy job, requires lot of creativity, and that demands time. Im doing everthing myself, so I don't really have that time right now, especially in the MVP stage where I'm still validating my idea.

    So I'm using a few Quora and Reddit design features to gain time and keep the platform looking good at the same time.

    Is it ok? Would users feel offended if they realize there are a few similiraties with these 2 websites?

    Ps: English is not my first language, i don't think that "design features" are the words I'm looking for.

    submitted by /u/soldadodecope
    [link] [comments]

    Fun experiment: who gets promoted

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:09 AM PDT

    You have a manager position opening up for a small 8 person team. Who gets the manager job?

    Person A: Longest serving member of the team. Is loyal and has the respect from other members. Middle of the pack talented, but has ton of experience .

    Person B: Most talented but least liked. Has the skills and if they can get the team up to their level, you will crush your competition. Not sure how well they can train. Been there for a while.

    Person C: Average skills, but the team would run through walls for them. Been there the least amount of time, but would be great at supervision.

    Context: I want to explore who would be the best manager for the company. In a situation where some feel they should get it because they are the most loyal experienced, others should get it based on skill, and other should get it because the team will follow them.

    Who do you pick and why? And also who will not like your decision and how will it impact them.

    FYI: I own a very small company and will face this soon enough.

    submitted by /u/Confused_Orangutan
    [link] [comments]

    Equity and Salary expectations for Series A Product Manager

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    Hey all. Two parts here:

    I am a product manager at a F50 company, and I have a phone interview for a similar position at a Series A funded Startup.

    Part A: What are some questions to ask about funding, burn rate, reasonable salary expectations, reasonable (if any) stock options?

    Part B I have a particularly interesting background/licenses that gets me in the door/insight to with a large handful of clients and use cases and even new market segments that could be a significant help as they push towards revenue. Is this something worth negotiating into my scope?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ce5b
    [link] [comments]

    Sudden website traffic?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    Apologies if this isn't the correct subreddit to post this, let me know.

    Around ~ 2 months ago, I launched a website that has been growing on its own relatively well (due to my job, I'm not able to post as much content as I would like to) - it's getting roughly 20 organic visits per day which isn't too bad considering I'm not doing anything. I woke up this morning to over 155 visits.

    1) Google Analytics says the traffic is direct.

    2) Roughly 100 visits were from China.

    Normally, I would think these visits are just bots but a. I got a fairly decent amount of sign ups to my newsletter b. the bounce rate is fairly low.

    Is there any way I can find out why this happened since all Google is telling me is that it's 'direct traffic'? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Muchkeler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment