• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    Small restaurant owners: what is preventing you from adding online ordering to your website? small business

    Small restaurant owners: what is preventing you from adding online ordering to your website? small business


    Small restaurant owners: what is preventing you from adding online ordering to your website?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    Maybe it's because I'm from a small town, but a lot of the small restaurants around me don't do online ordering. Yet, they do call in to-go orders.

    Is this because the cost is too high? Or it will effect margins too much for the freemium tools?

    I feel like in today's age, this is becoming the norm. So, I'm curious what the potential blockers are.

    submitted by /u/SON_of_a_BRICK
    [link] [comments]

    Should my website say "we", "us", "our team" etc. or just "I" for a single person operation?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    I own a small startup business that I started a year ago, and when designing my website I say things like "contact us today" and "our team of experts" and "we have experience in" and "we're dedicated to" and stuff like that. I'm just a one-man-shop though. Should my website just say "I" and "me", or should I leave it as-is?

    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put a link to my site in the post, so I'll put it in the comments below if anyone is interested in how the verbiage actually looks.

    submitted by /u/AnMProServices
    [link] [comments]

    Idea Feedback - Subscription Box Service For Isolated Elders

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    I have an idea that I am looking for constructive feedback and comments about.

    My idea is to create a subscription box service for isolated seniors either as a result of old age or disabilities such as Parkinson's, etc.

    The box would contain items that help makes their lives more convenient to mental stimulation to community building. This would include everything from jar openers, brain teaser books, puzzles, and a monthly thought of the week in which individuals would write back a response with paper and postage provided to be featured in the next month's box newletter.

    In addition, it will also include pictures and a letter from an individual (most likely son/daughter or niece/nephew) who purchased the box for the elder. This will include updates in their lives as well as the option for monthly topics to write about such as favorite memories growing up, life lessons, etc.

    Boxes will be sold as monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, and 1 time purchases.

    Essentially, the goal is to create community for isolated seniors.

    Currently, my biggest concern and not knowing exactly how to market the box, as we are not necessarily targeting elders who most likely will lack the technology skills to access the product, but rather those who are looking to stay more connected to their parents/loved ones but unfortunately live too far or are unable to spend as much time.

    I would really appreciate any feedback for this idea and thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/joeandkitdotcom
    [link] [comments]

    Firework stand owners: How do you start

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    My friend and I would like to start a firework stand this season. We have some idea of what were doing, but need guidance on about how much money we are going to need to start, where to get and how much firework inventory we need, and how much to charge. How do we contact a location we can sell? etc. etc. What are some insider tips? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ShortMap
    [link] [comments]

    18F from Texas who has a home cookie business

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    Started earlier this year when I was 17, senior year of high school got hectic so I put it on hold around spring although I did make a few hundred bucks profit and got the word out to family, friends, my high school and even my doctor. Now I'm in college for my associates in baking & pastry arts and I work part time at a local cupcake place. I really want to get back on my game again so can other small bakery owners give me some advice? How can I market myself more and expand (I have a Facebook page)? I even want to capitalize on the popular gender reveal party trend with gender reveal cookies. My ultimate goal is to have a physical store and I have a long way to go, but any advice on what to do and what not to do?

    submitted by /u/chuusblackgf
    [link] [comments]

    The E-signing business solution that came live !

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:24 AM PDT

    80% of deals that formed digitally and signed through E-sign take 1 day to be fully completed.

    25$ saved as usual expenses for the paper signing process.

    7 hours a week of saved time.

    We started as an idea of becoming something useful. DottedSign is a possibility to make it true!
    All comments regarding us are welcomed. The experience of every user can make us better!

    submitted by /u/gainesmarion4
    [link] [comments]

    Where do i even begin?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    I've started my own web design business and through word of mouth I've gotten a few clients for $1500 each.

    My problem is the business itself. I just have a few questions that maybe y'all can help out!

    Do i need a contract what kind of taxes will i pay do i need a business license to do this.

    Any piece of advice will help. Thank you

    submitted by /u/iamkylersmith
    [link] [comments]

    Idea for Finance Course

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I would love some feedback on an idea I have. I'm thinking about creating a finance course for Small Business owners who aren't large enough to have a dedicated Finance person. Here are the things I would be teaching. I'd really appreciate any feedback.

    Features:

    1. Step by Step process for setting up your business for success

    2. How to setup your business banking

    3. Learn the tax benefits of specific business entities

    4. Learn the major tax deductions that small businesses need to take to reduce their tax burden

    5. Learn how to set aside money for your taxes

    6. Know how much of a salary you should be paying yourself

    7. Learn how to maximize your cash flow

    8. Learn how to create a business budget

    9. Learn how to create a personal budget

    10. Learn why it's important to learn finance and accounting and how it relates to them

    11. Financial Mindset training

    12. Get simplified and effective lessons in:

    a. Accounting

    b. Finance

    c. Financial Statements

    d. Profitability Analysis

    1. Understand the finance and accounting terms used in business

    2. Learn how to price your services

    I previously posted this in r/Entrepreneur but I wanted to get some more feedback.

    submitted by /u/bws7563
    [link] [comments]

    Valid Business Idea?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    Hey Guys

    I've always dreamed of having my own start-up and while I tried my hand on a few traditional (trading and such) businesses, nothing ever really seemed to take off.

    However, I've got an idea that I've been spending some time on and I think it can really take off. I would love your feedback on it.

    A marketplace for rentals. No not property, not cars but... everything else.

    Here's how I came up with the idea: a friend called me up once and asked if I had a car polisher at my disposal that I could lend to him and I didn't, so I thought I'll just pop over to good old google and look for a service that could let us rent it out.

    There was no such service. The more I thought about it and the more I talked to people, I realized that this is a valid problem that I could potentially solve for the market.

    A marketplace where users could rent out items to other people. Simple. (obviously there's a lot more complexity in terms of deliveries and insurances involved but that can be sorted out as we go along)

    What do you guys think? Would you use an app like that?

    submitted by /u/Muhammad-Ibrahim
    [link] [comments]

    Productivity Survey

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    Please help me get responses for my thesis! All feedback welcome. (All welcome)

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8lkAnltQSXKh7REdzWtD6RAuYJcsv4MrEX8YjAP26cvYhWA/viewform?usp=sf_link

    submitted by /u/rehkemp2
    [link] [comments]

    Branding--The Virtuous Circle

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:39 AM PDT

    In the last century, many companies found themselves trapped in a vicious circle of R&D investment, initial market success, competitive pressure, and price-cutting until commoditization eventually forced them out of the market.

    Branding creates the opposite effect-- the virtuous circle. By combining logic and magic, a company can ignite a chain reaction that leads from differentiation to collaboration to innovation to validation and finally to cultivation. Built into cultivation is the mandate to question all assumptions, leapfrog the status quo, and begin the cycle again. With each turn, the company and it's brand spiral higher, taking it further from commoditization and closer to the Holy Grail of marketing: a sustainable competitive advantage.

    A brand is not a logo. A brand is not a corporate identity system. It's a person's gut feeling about a product, service, or company. Because it depends on others for its existence, it must become a guarantee of trustworthy behavior. Good branding makes business integral to society and creates an opportunity for everyone, from the chief executive to the most distant customer.

    submitted by /u/Slangbusters_studio
    [link] [comments]

    A question about arcade cabinet distribution

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    I've been scouring the internet for a few days now, and I just thought to post here for a varied set of answers. What are my options for leasing/renting arcade machines? I'm thinking of opening a college-age hangout and would like to get my hands on a couple of them. Any references would be helpful!

    submitted by /u/Boa476
    [link] [comments]

    Automation changing every field in the world - 15 Oct 2019

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:53 PM PDT

    Hi there, I am a blogger, and I wrote a blog about automation among the types of packaging machines. Check it out here; The Outreach of Flexible Packaging Solutions. Do leave a review in the comment and let me know what you think about automation.

    submitted by /u/accutekpackaging01
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a small business as a semi-passive investment

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    A lot of people recommend buying real estate to generate passive income. However, it seems like it got so overcrowded and you often have to pay 7-10x revenues for a decent property. That's why I was thinking of buying a small business that generates a stable cash flow instead that I could manage part-time. A lot of people will soon retire and I would like to buy a small company that requires 20-25 hours or less/week. Obviously, there is no "easy money" to be made, but it seems like it could be a good way to build wealth. Bonus question: Are there any good books about what I'm trying to do?

    submitted by /u/etienner
    [link] [comments]

    Question about getting a business credit card without an LLC

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    So I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a credit card for my business without an LLC. I'm actually going through a transitional phase where I'm about to close one business LLC and start a new one. During this transitional period, I won't have an actual business to declare. So I'm wondering if it's even possible to get a credit card without having a business tied to it.

    submitted by /u/holiholi
    [link] [comments]

    Buying used items and selling on ebay

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    I want to start buying used items like designer wallets/accessories and sell them on ebay. I tested this out with my own old items and they sell pretty quick.

    Can anyone help with how to best go about advertising and buying these old items from people?

    Perhaps advertise online? But would i then go and collect these items? Or is there a better way? Going and picking up items turns will cost time and kill any real profit i imagine.

    submitted by /u/nimble_nerd
    [link] [comments]

    Help My Project Grow

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:58 PM PDT

    What licenses do I need to start a resell business?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    I want to start a resell business in Ontario where I buy thrifted clothes and sell them. Is there any specific license that I need in order to do this or do I just need a regular business license?

    Edit: to be more specific, I want to start posting my items on Instagram in order to reach a wider audience

    submitted by /u/waterbottl33
    [link] [comments]

    Niche Down a Consulting Company

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    What are some of your pain points in regard to finance with your small business?

    My skills are in excel modeling to find cost savings (cash and inventory). Trying to come up with problems to solve that can become an evergreen niche for the consulting business.

    submitted by /u/emmanuelalloh
    [link] [comments]

    Your best passive business that you started and exited

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Hey folks, looking to start another business here soon and was hoping I could hear what some of you all have done and could scale if you really put in the effort. What was your best passive business idea (or relatively passive), looking for stories outside the stock market, that once you had that sucker up and running really ran itself?

    submitted by /u/Goldest_Retriever
    [link] [comments]

    What does Clover EOL look like?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    I have multiple Clover 1.0 machines at my store that are nearing 2 years old. They have stopped connecting well to wifi (the signal comes up as one bar even though it comes up full strength on my phone.) They periodically stop swiping cards and just don't register that a card has been swiped at all. Unplugging and replugging mitigates this to some extent, but sometimes we just have to manually enter numbers.

    Is this a sign that I should get them replaced? Has anyone else experienced old Clovers, and is this what it looked like? Any ideas on how much more use I can get out of them?

    submitted by /u/Material_Plate
    [link] [comments]

    What was on your checklist before going full-time into your small business?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    For those who had a full-time job and a side gig that became their small business, I'm curious:

    What was on your checklist before you decided to quit your day job and go all in on your small business? Are there things you wish you did or didn't do that would have made a big difference?

    I'm a small business owner (Binxbox.net) and I've had a HUGE boom in customers in the past year; growing exponentially each month. I am at the crossroads where it is untenable to keep both my "day job" and this business. I'm meeting with a financial advisor soon to talk about some financial goals and projections.

    I make decisions best with feedback/experiences. I'm curious about other peoples experiences with making this jump and what you did, what you wish you did or didn't do, and what was the most helpful for your ongoing independence?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SugarSugarBee
    [link] [comments]

    Pool cleaning business needs some ideas

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    This is my first time here, so I apologize if this breaks rules. I would sure appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction if this isn't the right sub.

    My father owns a pool cleaning business, and he basically does everything himself. He does all billing, buys supplies, etc. He also works cleaning pools every day. He has one employee who also cleans pools, but otherwise he does everything else himself.

    His legs are beginning to fail him however, and if he can't clean pools himself, he's worried his business won't survive.

    So we are trying to figure out a way that he can keep his business going but without him having to clean pools personally. Even if he hired another employee, he'd still be taking a massive pay cut and unable to afford his home and bills.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/pm_me_judge_reinhold
    [link] [comments]

    Is VAT refunded in this case?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    This is a question about my father's business. So he has started his business last year and has purchased necessary equipment & other services for operating his business (he doesn't expect to have no sales before the summer of 2021), and as far as I know (I haven't seen yet the invoices), he has paid most of them Product/Service Price + VAT. My question is this, when he declares on the tax authority his business financial statements, is the tax authority agency going to refund these VAT's?

    Sorry for this dumb question, I wanted to ask first before consulting an accountant.

    Thank you very much for your time.

    submitted by /u/bisdudi
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping Software Solutions B2B FedEx/UPS

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:35 AM PDT

    I am looking for a shipping management solution that does a number of things.

    1. Integration with FedEx/UPS.
    2. Availability to accept using a customers account number for the shipping charge without linking it via their shipper credentials? I.E. the customer has their own FedEx account number, wants us to bill charges to that. I have billion dollar customers who are in no way going to give me their UPS/FedEx credentials to set up that link.
    3. Preferably integrates with a cloud based ERP such as Xero or something Inventory specific.

    I am currently running into a road block finding anything good or even ERP software that has that capability built in. Ship Station appears to be set up for B2C commerce, I do not operate in that world unfortunately.

    submitted by /u/sonofaugust
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment