• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of October 14, 2019 small business

    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of October 14, 2019 small business


    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of October 14, 2019

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    Post business promotion messages here including special offers especially if you cater to small business.

    Note: To prevent your messages from being flagged by the autofilter, don't use shortened URLs.

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    [PINNED] In this post, share your small business experience, successes, failures, AMAs, and lessons learned. Week of October 14, 2019

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    This post welcomes and is dedicated to:

    • Your business successes
    • Small business anecdotes
    • Lessons learned
    • Unfortunate events
    • Unofficial AMAs
    • Links to outstanding educational materials (with explanations and/or an extract of the content)

    /r/smallbusiness is one of a very few subs where people can ask questions about operating their small business. To let that happen the main sub is dedicated to answering questions about subscriber's own small businesses.

    Many people also want to talk about things which are not specific questions about their own business. We don't want to disappoint those subscribers and provide this post as a place to share that content without overwhelming specific and often less popular simple questions.

    This isn't a license to spam the thread. Business promotion and free giveaways are welcome only in the Promote Your Business thread. Thinly-veiled website or video promoting posts will be removed as blogspam.

    Discussion of this policy and the purpose of the sub is welcome at https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusiness/comments/ana6hg/psa_welcome_to_rsmallbusiness_we_are_dedicated_to/

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    Question for E-sign service users.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    I require making a few contracts with freelancers and the most obvious choice as they don't even leave in the USA is e-sign services. I want to ask just how reliable they are, is there some international law that makes it possible for binding deals all over the world.

    Also if anyone using or used DottedSign, Hellosign, eSign Genie what can you say about them, what one you`d advised.

    submitted by /u/js6947422
    [link] [comments]

    Brick and mortar store owners -do you have any pets at your small business?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 03:37 PM PDT

    Hello all, opening a small store for children and debating whether to have a pet in the store. While I would love a cat, I don't want to upset anyone with allergies. We would have room for a large tank/heat lamp for a turtle and would be open 7 days a week to care for it.

    Other than pet store owners lol does anyone have a pet at their store?

    submitted by /u/h011y3
    [link] [comments]

    What type of corporation (C, S, LLC or DBA) is a sole trader buisness?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    This is probably the best place i can ask this question.
    I need to re-subscribe to our design software and its free for startups under 100k which we are.
    But it uses very American ways of describing the company. Our definition is a sole trader but how does that equate to an american corporation type?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/twobit78
    [link] [comments]

    Employees and their phones

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:03 AM PDT

    We have a good software developer at work (technically), but he spends a disproportionate part of his day on his phone doing who-knows-what.

    I've tried being reasonable with him (simply told him that non work use of a mobile during the day is not acceptable) but to no avail.

    If I tell him to get off his phone, he just goes to the toilet to sit and read / post. If I call or text his mobile during the day he refuses to acknowledge my message - but will answer his phone and messages from his personal contacts.

    He loves to discuss politics, about how the workers are repressed and how the big bad bosses are exploiting the workers. But he doesn't consider his theft of time as important.

    I see this behaviour when I am in the office. What scares the shit out of me is what happens when I am not in the building.

    I have lost confidence that he is getting the work done. I have explained to him that I need him to not just solve a ticket, but to get back to the customer AND note what was done to solve the issue. The ticket remains open as though nothing was done.

    He is not the kind of guy who seeks out new work to be done - he relies on me giving him jobs to do (if I email him, he "forgets" to check his email). If he runs out of tasks, he will just check his phone for something interesting to read.

    When I create a list of tasks in a document, he "forgets" to check this. He "forgets" to log in to our support system to see that customers are having issues and need his help. He "forgets" to check his email.

    I have been more than accommodating with him - he wanted to work different hours to beat the traffic so I said fine. He wants time off - never a problem.

    Here is my issue: I realise how difficult it is to measure developer productivity, but my perception is that he is just lazy.

    The most frustrating part is not knowing what he is doing. The temptation is to put some software on the PC to take some screenshots throughout the day. That way I could prove to myself that he is actually working (or not). But it absolutely should not get to this point!

    I wonder what strategies do you use to change the behaviour of employees who are straying outside the boundaries?

    submitted by /u/OzTm
    [link] [comments]

    Business Corporate cards for mature/established businesses [UK]

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:59 AM PDT

    I'm looking into business credit/corporate cards for a business [not exacty small, fairly mature 15-20 employees] and there are so many options out there that makes it really hard to choose. I wanted to ask you guys what are few things to consider when applying for a business credit card that help me manage the B2B spend, expenses and may be are good on benefits?

    Any options that you recommend.

    submitted by /u/singhal0389
    [link] [comments]

    Can I create an LLC in one state, and purchase properties under the same LLC in a different state?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    Can I create an LLC in NJ and the physical address would be in NY?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    I have a question. I'd like to start a company and sell stuff online and to retail stores. In NJ I'd have more legal "freedom" than in NY. That's why I want to create the LLC in NJ. I was thinking about renting a PO box to have an address in NJ, but I don't physically living there and I don't want to ask a favor from friends. Any suggestion?

    submitted by /u/kris_ny
    [link] [comments]

    Google Adwords Advice Needed!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I run a local service business that I started about a year and half ago. I started google Adwords with a budget of $300/mo. Now I am up to $6000/mo

    The business has tripled in size and it is basically because of google Adwords. The person managing it is from Fiverr and only charges $120/mo. He has done a pretty good job considering we get leads. But a lot of times the leads barely come in. today for example we had only 2 clicks no leads. Yesterday 1 lead out of 4 clicks.

    If I paid for better management, would I possibly get way better results with the budget that I spend every month? this could be a dumb question. but im curious for advice. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jforce214
    [link] [comments]

    Question about using Facebook for small businesses

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    I'm doing some research about small businesses using Facebook. Was hoping to hear about some of the annoying parts or limitations using it.

    submitted by /u/L_RonMexico
    [link] [comments]

    How do you start an online business in India?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:35 PM PDT

    Online businesses in India are on the rise given the economic trends of the country. Everyone these days prefers doing things online simply because it is convenient.

    To continue reading click on the below link:

    https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-startup-a-online-business-in-india/answer/Viewham-2?prompt_topic_bio=1

    submitted by /u/viewham1
    [link] [comments]

    Product idea question

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    Hi all, So it's 2 am I wake up in a sweat with an amazing idea for a piece of furniture that I can see being used in an endless amount of concepts, businesses and really anywhere and it is extremely versatile.

    I got up immediately and drew exactly what I could remember and I think it's not perfect.

    What would be the best way to get started with getting this on the market?

    Should I approach a retailer in an attempt to sell the design or should to take a route like Kickstarter?

    submitted by /u/worldsbestcowboy
    [link] [comments]

    F44K HOLLYWOOD

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    Automated response from calls

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    Hello. I called a small business and I received an automated response basically saying "hey you've reached so and so, what can I do for you...." along those lines. I'd like to know what companies offer this, would like to look into it. Google searches gave me a few but if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/hayeetadeck
    [link] [comments]

    Price quotes and shipping question?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    I am starting to be asked to do "formal" price quotes for my products. They are asking for various amounts of my products from different buyers at this same company. I will combine shipping and give them the quote after they really intend to purchase. I have talked to their AP person because usually my few bigger customers have me ship on their UPS account. This company wants to use my account.

    I have done business onesie/twosie with this company (a utility) where they purchase with the P- cards (their company credit cards ) for a few years and they are legitimate but now we have an account set up and need things more formally. I spoke to their AP person and told him verbally I would quote shipping after they really are planning on ordering but I want to be sure when it is on paper, it is clear. I want to just put on their S/H not included which sounds cheesy and I think the correct term is PPD/ADD but then I read that sometimes, shipping terms are unclear. Advice?

    submitted by /u/Simbinas
    [link] [comments]

    Employee pulling a "no-call, no-show"

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    I have an employee who didn't show for her shift last Sunday, didn't text me back or answer her phone when I called her. As a normally very engaged and hard-working person I got very worried about her. When I did reach her, she said she had slept through her alarm, and didn't hear her phone. She apologized and I left it at that. I didn't make a huge deal as I figured she realized how big of a mistake she made. She's normally great, seems to love her work etc. (She is front desk at our boutique fitness studio).

    Now, this past Friday she didn't come in for her shift again! Didn't call, didn't answer, didn't text me back. In fact, I had to message her dad to go check in on her. (I worry about her because she has Crohn's and I suspect severe depression). Her dad checked on her, told me she was fine, felt bad about missing her shift.

    The thing is, I still haven't heard from her. I texted her to ask to meet for a coffee on Tuesday (as Monday is a holiday here) and she hasn't responded. Another staff member wrote her to ask her to pick up a shift and she hasn't responded.

    We try to be very mental health friendly at our studio and I suspect that this is being caused by a large depression. I really do feel for her struggle as it's something I've struggled with and it's awful.

    The thing is, we are very small and every role there is vital. I can't live my life on standby for fear she may not appear and the staff we have can only pick up so much slack. We need her to call us or at the very least have her dad tell us if she's going through something and can't work or communicate. I am an understanding person/boss but I also have 12 other paycheques to write and employees to worry about.

    What is my next move here? Would you let her go? What if she keeps not responding to me?

    submitted by /u/bananas_to_go
    [link] [comments]

    The Check Is In The Mail...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone!

    I'm starting a commercial debt collection service to help small businesses by recovering their unpaid receivables.

    I'd love to hear about some of your A/R challenges within your business.

    And if you've ever hired a third party agency to collect on your behalf, I'd love to hear about your experience.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Art_SRM
    [link] [comments]

    PayPal/Venmo/squarespace?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys. This might be too small for small business!

    I don't even know if I could call it a "business" but I'm fixing to sell some yard signs, locally, probably about a hundred initially. What's the best way to process the money? Any benefits or drawbacks to PayPal? Venmo? Would it be worth it to set up a squarespace?

    Thank you all for any info!!

    submitted by /u/ilikedirt
    [link] [comments]

    Inventory management for medical officer

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    I am trying to find a free/low cost solution for our stock of medical supplies in an office. Our current system is a printed Excel form that lists all of our supplies. Someone would go through the backroom and check the stock of each item. After which the manager would look at the list and make any orders that are needed.

    Is there an app that would allow is to go from paper to digital?

    submitted by /u/LateTradition3
    [link] [comments]

    What do you understand by finance management

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I am hoping to gain some insights from small business owners and Entrepreneurs. How do you define " finance management". What role does it play in your business? It is usually the hardest thing to get a grasp on. How do you handle company's finances. There is only so much time in a day and finances can be overwhelming. What problems do you incur while managing your business finance. I am really keen on getting various opinions.

    submitted by /u/Cheekyzoey
    [link] [comments]

    bharatdriver

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    Welcome to Bharat Driver Service (regd)

    Bharat driver is an esteemed organization, situated in the heart of city, which solely deals in cars and drivers, Car driver provide for part time and full days. A vast range of drivers are working under our supervision. We grant drivers to high profile car owners, corporate companies and individuals.
    We offers tailored driver services for assorted requirements such as:
    Driver on agreement or Temporary drivers are available for both individual & corporate.
    Drivers on Contract are only for corporate.valet parking,out station driving,events,night outs.
    Our service 24x7 available in Gurgaon, Delhi, Faridabad, Noida and Agra (UP).

    www.bharatdriver.com

    submitted by /u/bharatdriver
    [link] [comments]

    Questionnaire for software businees owners, managers, and/or engineers/developers!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:32 AM PDT

    Hello former and or current saas owners, managers, and/or developers!
    I have some questions around software engineering onboarding (sort of relates to employee retention, churn, etc)
    If you guys could help answer them using my link to google docs I would greatly appreciate the responses!

    Questionnaire:
    https://forms.gle/uJBcoEShVjUdEM2Y9

    submitted by /u/Lion_Heart_21
    [link] [comments]

    New HR System seeking your feedback

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    Hello everybody

    I have just launched a new product for small businesses to manage employee absences and time-off/holiday requests as well as other HR admin requirements. I am looking for early adopters to try it out for free and give me some feedback. You can start a free 2-month trial using this link:

    https://app.espressohr.co.uk/Account/Authenticate/Register?coupon=REDDIT

    And find out more over on our main website

    https://www.espressohr.co.uk

    I'd love to know what you think, good or bad 😊

    Many thanks

    Mike

    submitted by /u/espressohr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment