• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    In B2B short sales cycle, how many months do you follow up with a customer that is giving you no business? Sales and Selling

    In B2B short sales cycle, how many months do you follow up with a customer that is giving you no business? Sales and Selling


    In B2B short sales cycle, how many months do you follow up with a customer that is giving you no business?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    How long will you stick with a customer that is giving you no business? Say for example its normal potential customer

    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    Average Joe

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:04 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    Was curious on your honest opinions on this....

    Long story short, I am terrified.

    I am a 24 year old, 1 year removed from college grad. Times are tough in the financial wholesaling world with interest rates being where they are and with the market. I have been working my current position almost 3 years (1 and a half as an intern)

    I wouldnt consider myself to be naturally born into sales, aka dont have the natural charisma. However, I work really hard and I mean really hard.... I put in 60 hours a week and do 200 150-200 cold calls a day alongside demos, casework etc. I read I listen to podcasts I love everything about sales but...

    My question is do you believe non naturally born sales people can thrive in sales?

    submitted by /u/JerryThompson2018
    [link] [comments]

    Just accepted my second sales job!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    Need to brag a bit! Both nervous and excited!

    Just spent the past 1.8 years working in a small office with a small market doing sales. Was just offered a job with global market, higher salary and comission, and it's work from home!!

    If anyone has any tips for selling globally into Saas companies, I'll accept all the help you have to offer!

    Thanks r/sales for all the tips!

    submitted by /u/redbrickwall1
    [link] [comments]

    Is face to face better than remote?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    I'm a new sales guy and need some advice from people who know what they're doing.

    Let's say you need to close a couple of 5k-10k deals for a service/product you're offering. Prospects are small businesses making between 500k to 2M a year in revenue.

    You have two choices.

    1. Get a list of 1000 businesses that can benefit from your solution and you start cold calling or cold emailing them to sell your solution. Some are qualified and some may or may not be. In some the secretary answers, in some the owner.

    2. You identify 50 decision makers of 50 businesses and you have researched their business and came up with an audit you're gonna give them for free (give value first), hoping they become a paying client. This audit is detailed enough so they get valuable information that can help and grow their business. You approach them face to face to give them this audit or at least send a very personalized email/Facebook/LinkedIn message.

    Which one you choose and why?

    submitted by /u/ucdrogon
    [link] [comments]

    Update from my question last month. Found a company and started this week. Could not be happier with my choice

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    So a few weeks ago I asked this question about what jobs I should be considering.

    Fast forward to this week, I have started with a new SaaS tech company and I could not be happier with my choice.

    Not only do they have a comprehensive SDR program with an actual checklist of requirements to becoming an AE, but the team itself is incredibly friendly and welcoming. I am soaking up all the information I can right now, and cannot wait to officially start dialing again.

    It is a night and day difference from where I was last time. Previously at a pre-IPO company to a post-IPO company with a proven track record has helped me tremendously. I may go back to startups later in my career, but for building my career and becoming an AE, I know I am currently in the right place.

    One interesting thing that is different from my last position, this company is 100% channel.

    Is there any advice you guys would have on working in a 100% channel environment?

    submitted by /u/MarathonTortoise
    [link] [comments]

    When is too soon to go for a new role internally?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    My company does a training program for a 4-6 months at the end you get your new roll. I took the job, started in oct 1 and the roll and location I wanted just opened up yesterday. I'm miserable in my current situation and know that if I got this new roll I'd be happier and overall more productive for the company. I guess how can I go about, 2 weeks in telling/asking my manager I want to go for this spot.

    submitted by /u/bill_self69
    [link] [comments]

    How do you sell a higher priced product than your competition?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    I'm a sort of manufacturer's rep for a thousand different companies, time and time again our price is much higher than the customer's target price, current buying price, or at least where the customer thought we were gonna land.

    I can always say there's higher quality, longer lasting, more value-add to our service, etc... but has anyone found a particular method, statement, or approach that was more effective in getting the sale in these situations?

    submitted by /u/UncleTouchUBad
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Guys, what would you say is maybe not the most lucrative, but most interesting sales industry?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    How can get the commitment for a meeting?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    I work for a company that designs, manufactures and installs big/heavy equipment and complete production lines. In the past I was mostly responsible for existing clients but due to changing circumstances I am currently pressed to acquire new clients. This is new for me, outside of conferences and such.

    These potential new clients could be companies we have prepared quotes for in the distant past and completely new ones with no prior connections. First contact would be by phone or LinkedIn then phone.

    My goal is to keep the initial contact short and to set up a meeting at their facility. However, I struggle to transition into this after the initial introduction/small talk.

    What I am asking for help with is: how do I break the subject of a visit and how can I do it in such a way that this is interesting/worthwhile for the client? What tactics do you use?

    submitted by /u/Iron-Perseus
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between good phone salesmen and great phone salesmen?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    I'm a good salesmen on the phone, I'm trying to be great. I fell like I know what it takes it to be great. Has anybody seen the very best of phone sales and how are they different to the great phone salesmen?

    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    I was offered a sales position at my job and not sure if I should take it. Looking for your honest opinion.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:13 AM PDT

    I work for a great company as a purchasing agent. We are having a sales person retire and my boss asked if I would be interested in taking over his territory. I have no sales experience but this had the potential to double my salary in commission based on his already established accounts. Obviously I would have to be able to keep the customers but could be a great opportunity to make a lot more money. My concerns are being paid commission vs salary, having to move to the territory, and not being able to clock out at 5 every day. I am just looking for your experience with sales and if you think it is worth the risk of changing positions and moving my family.

    submitted by /u/Nodnarb31
    [link] [comments]

    Company does not advertise themselves, how can I bring in new prospects?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    I've been struggling to make sales at my new job. Halfway through my 2nd week, but nothing so far. Management and staff are both supportive, but I am not happy with my lack of numbers.

    I work in credit repair, and the company I work for mostly utilizes word of mouth and referrals to advertise. I'm in a smaller branch, and there's currently only 2 of us. The other guy has been here almost a year and has a large client base already established. We don't get many walk ins.

    The only prospects they have are people that have expressed interest in the past, but many of them are quite cold and haven't been reached out to in a while. Many numbers are out of service, and a lot of people let it go to voicemail.

    I've been working on my pitch using advice from the other guy here, and popular posts on this sub. This is my first time in sales, but I have about 9 years of customer service experience.

    Since my company doesn't advertise, it's hard to find new prospects. I've been thinking of advertising myself online, which some coworkers have done with success, but I have no idea where to start. I had no social media when I started, but I recently reactivated my Facebook.

    What advice can you give on how to advertise yourself to bring in new prospects and clients?

    submitted by /u/KingKaos420
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling like shit, raincheck or push forward?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Issue just came up today.

    Woke up sick as all hell with 2 lead phone calls today. Its too late now, and I'm going to just down some coffee and power through, but i know my pitch will be weaker and i wont be on point as much as usual.

    In the future, which path would be less damaging? I know people hate last minute rainchecks, especially leads.

    submitted by /u/Necroking695
    [link] [comments]

    How do you stay updated on your industry's news?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    Does anybody use or know of a tool or have a good suggestion on how to track the latest news and updates in a specific industry. I figured LinkedIn might have something but I can't seem to find it. Might be missing it?

    A little background - I work for an industrial & engineering software provider and our portfolio covers a variety of industries such as Oil and Gas, Power, Chemical, Mining, Water & Wastewater, Food & Bev, etc.... I just started and am trying to learn as much as I can about each and obviously it is a challenge trying to gather a base knowledge on so many verticals.

    Would appreciate any tools or best practices you all are using to stay up to date on the insights in your customer's industries.

    submitted by /u/quickdigital
    [link] [comments]

    First sales job! Am I getting screwed?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    I just got my very first sales job working for a big box jewelry store (K). They offered to practically let me make my own schedule, and looked past my... troubled... background check.

    Normally, the job would be ~$8.50/hr, plus 5% sales commission and 5% warranty commission.

    Unfortunately they are running a new "test" where I am instead offered ~9.50/hr with only the 5% commission on warranties. I feel like they are taking advantage of me/the workers in this situation.

    Am I correct in thinking this is kinda beat? or should I just stfu and be happy I got a job.

    submitted by /u/DoctorLettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Starting my sales career, early 20s UK.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:36 AM PDT

    Hi so I've read a few threads from the top of all time here and will check out the wiki also etc

    Just accepted a B2C energy sales (gas+electricity and smart meters) in the North of England. It has decent comms, bonuses and referrals etc but the basic isn't great.

    So I'm looking to work there for training and experience, have it on my CV then after a year or so move on to bigger and better things.

    How can I best position myself to get into one of those illustrious sales careers like one of you SaaS guys that are raking it in down south?

    I'm good at thinking on my feet, handling objections and can communicate effectively. I'm planning on moving jobs every few years or so, for that salary bump.

    submitted by /u/ukjobsaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Table of Compliances

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    When I receive a SOW or spec I generally have to create a table of compliance. This involves taking each sentence and placing it in a table to be reviewed.

    Is there an easier way to accomplish this? some program that will take a document and place each sentence in a cell in a table? looking to see if anyone has to do this same thing.

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/Currentpenguin
    [link] [comments]

    B2B equipment sales product ideas - continuous supply products VS one off sales ?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have B2B experience selling internationally ("exotic" markets included).

    I am looking for new opportunities in some type of equipment sales (saas is not my thing).

    Some products are the type that you supply your partner constantly (he is selling something to his clients and always updating stock from you).

    Some products are "one off" like some machinery that he buys for the factory and does not buy anything for 5 more years.

    Which type do you prefer? And maybe you have some products to suggest?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/sneakermumba
    [link] [comments]

    Normal to have a stressful interviewer?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    Throwaway account for obvious reasons.

    A few days ago I was interviewing in the latter rounds for an SDR role with a Saas company. I like the company and the product so I would like to work there. The first few rounds went great in my opinion with the recruiter and two Sales managers. No hiccups and good conversations.

    But the last round with the who I would be working under... and boy was it tough. Off the bat when we interviewed it felt like I was on stand at trial. My questions were never really answered, felt like I was bothering he/she or wasting their time, and they would challenge every answer I gave but would give no reasoning as to why. For example I asked what he/she was looking for out of an SDR in the role and their response was "Well you've already had 3 interviews at this point so you should know. So you tell me."

    I've interviewed with dozens of companies and have never had that experience. Is this normal? Was he/she trying to stress test me for the job or was he/she just not interested in hiring me? I will add that the interviewer was a very seasoned Sales Leader who's worked for some of the best Saas companies out there and had a lot of good feedback on their LinkedIn.

    submitted by /u/ebaysucksass
    [link] [comments]

    And you thought Coca-Cola was famous because of it's branding...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    Not so according to Neville Isdell who in his book Inside Coca-Cola states that:

    "Many people think the power of the Coca-Cola is the strength of the brand. Yet, it's the route salesman who is the unsung hero, the one who does the real heavy lifting"

    Just a nice mid-week inspirational quote.

    submitted by /u/astillero
    [link] [comments]

    Radio Advertising sales

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    I am interviewing tomorrow for a radio advertising sales job. I'm fairly confident I'll get the position. Has anyone had any experience in the industry? Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Jaseiker
    [link] [comments]

    I'm required to do a short presentation on a product for an interview (Pharmaceutical Sales)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, as stated in the title I will be required to do a short presentation for a job interview as a Medical Representative.

    I have been through multiple interviews but this is a first where I need to do a presentation.

    The company has sent me a slide that describe the product as well as the clinical trials that the product went through.

    The product: Goselin Acetate (Zoladex)

    Now my question is;

    1. How should I approach it?

    2. What are the important points that I should focus on?

    3. How long should the presentation be?

    4. Should I prepare any handouts?

    I really want to get this job and I'm open to opinions and advices.

    submitted by /u/SilentSambal
    [link] [comments]

    Large Vanity Phone Number Portfolio - Sales Strategy?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I own a large portfolio (500+ numbers) of 7-letter local vanity phone numbers such as:

    555-FOR-SALE
    555-BUY-SELL
    555-FOR-RENT
    555-LOW-RATE
    555-GET-WEED
    555-ANNUITY
    555-INSURED
    555-FAT-LOSS

    That's a very small sample and I own most words in multiple area codes. All markets are decent sized to major and all phone numbers have been checked to verify that multiple businesses in each market would benefit from that specific phone number. The value of these phone numbers range from $2000-$7500+ each depending on the market, situation, and words.

    I own other businesses that take most of my time and don't have a lot of time to put into the sales process without sacrificing elsewhere. I've considered hiring a marketing company to develop a social media campaign targeting certain industries in certain area codes that would benefit from these numbers. I've also considered hiring a remote sales person that's great on the phone to identify, cold call, and sell to potential customers.

    Any feedback or ideas? If I decide to hire a sales person, what would be the best way of going about that? What compensation would be fair? What would be your strategy if you were me? Thanks so much in advance for any feedback that I receive!

    submitted by /u/AUntrepreneur
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment