• Breaking News

    Friday, October 18, 2019

    Candy machines small business

    Candy machines small business


    Candy machines

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    Does anyone here have any experience with candy machines? Worth the trouble? How did you get started?

    submitted by /u/ccaldwell301
    [link] [comments]

    Best wallet for multiple business owners? (How do you manage all the physical credit/debit cards?)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    This might be a weird question but it's something that I wanted to throw out there.

    I own 5 different LLC's. Each has its own small business credit card and checking account card. I carry them all around with me on top of the other stuff like personal credit cards, debit cards, insurance, etc. Overall, it's just a lot of plastic.

    Yes, I have the mobile app for everything but I don't always work in areas with good internet access so it's helpful to have the cards on me. I also like to have them on me in case I'm out and about and see something I should purchase for one of the businesses.

    Long story short: can anyone recommend a good wallet or container for holding a shit load of plastic? Or how do you all do it?

    submitted by /u/pm-me-your-covfefes
    [link] [comments]

    Including LLC in a domain name?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    I'm starting a consulting business soon, and am very happy with the name I've come up with, but can't afford to buy the domain outright. The name is two common words, and the .com is available, but over $10K, which I can't afford upfront.

    Is it a mistake to include LLC, or some reference to my location in the domain, and hope I'll be able to get the more common one when I can afford it? Like: DesignCompanyLLC.com or DesignCompanyNY.com

    I'm not really happy with either, buy trying to figure out a solution that is still memorable and descriptive, and that I won't feel stuck with later.

    submitted by /u/omtopus
    [link] [comments]

    Advice please! I want to stop working full time at my job so I can grow my business, but can’t figure out how to make the finances work.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    I am a physical therapist currently working full time seeing patients all day M-F. I have become increasingly frustrated with management mishandling situations, cutting hours because of a poorly run marketing department, and completely ignoring business growth ideas provided by our team. Opportunity for advancement is minimal and I feel very stuck and frustrated.

    I started my own concierge physical therapy practice (going to homes, offices, and golf courses to see patients) 18 months ago and I know it's my future. Once things are humming, my income will be significantly higher, and my schedule flexibility will allow me to spend much more time with my wife and kids.

    To get started, I took some marketing and business courses taught by other physical therapists that own similar practices, and they've been vital to showing me the way to getting started.

    Total "sales" in 18 months is $16,000 (not bad for a side hustle!).

    But it's time to really give this a chance to be successful and thrive so I can break free and give my family what they deserve.

    My problem is that I still have ~ $7,000 in credit card debt for this business (0% interest for the next 9 months), and I can't really pay myself enough to replace my current salary. With our family expenses, I have to be able to fully replace my salary or we'll go into debt as a family.

    Since I'm new to the business world, I'm not well-versed on the various funding options available to me, and I'm worried about taking on more debt just to pay myself.

    But I also feel as though my business needs my full attention, and I'm confident it will thrive when I can really "get after it".

    What would you suggest? Any more info I could provide to help?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/notthebestusername12
    [link] [comments]

    I signed up for Amazon Handmade. It's frustrating, unintuitive and so far unenjoyable experience so I'm sticking with Etsy.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    I make greetings cards. I sell on Etsy and Ebay. I heard about Amazon Handmade and wanted to open up a potential new way to sell the cards.

    The sign up process is intimidating

    Unlike Etsy/Ebay where you're good to start selling in minutes, Amazon makes you jump through a lot of hoops. This includes identity information such as passport and bank statements. The whole process from sign up to posting my first product was roughly three days.

    It's expensive

    Amazon are currently waiving the £25/month fee until the end of 2019. However, they've already waived it multiple times. I suspect this is because they know that once it comes into force, all those small shops they've tried to attract will jump ship. In addition to the £25/month, they charge a fee per sale. In my case, on a £3.75 card, that's £0.45. These costs are more than I'm dealing with elsewhere online.

    Edit: I found out that Amazon announced that they're waiving the monthly fee indefinitely back in September, but on the registration form, they still say the fee is waived only until the end of 2019.

    The backend is unintituive

    Here's what the overview page looks like. It's all too much. I appreciate that Amazon has way more features I can drill down into, but the fact is, they're not for Handmade clients, they're more for large business. Half the stuff in the backend just isn't needed for me.

    The backend is buggy

    In addition to this, getting a product published is hit and miss. After filling out the product form and uploading images, you'll be taken back to the listings page, where you'll see "No image available", despite just uploading them. Everything will also go into "Suspended" mode with minimal information on why until it then automatically becomes "Active" either minutes or hours later. I wanted some support on this and went to help pages where the information just wasn't available.

    There is no traffic analytics

    I want to know that my products are being seen, even if they're not being bought. I want to know how and where my traffic is coming from. Amazon doesn't provide this information. It offers an upgraded traffic report, but only to businesses that have registered trademark information which the majority of small sellers won't have. It's essentially like shooting in the dark and hoping for the best.

    In short, I don't see myself using Amazon Handmade for very long, if at all. I don't expect to get any sales from the platform and even if I do, certainly not the kind of sales I get from Etsy and Ebay. If Amazon do introduce the monthly fee at the end of the year, I will happily close the account and nothing of value will be lost. It's sad that Amazon choose to be so lackluster with what could otherwise be a new way for small businesses to advertise their products.

    submitted by /u/anagoge
    [link] [comments]

    Obsessed with keeping a 5 star average

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    So we recently dropped to 4.9 stars, over 500 reviews on FB, we have never paid for any reviews nor gave any incentives for customers to leave reviews.

    this comes back to a bigger point, i feel like 5 stars is a point of pride, our products are amazing, but our bad reviews come from our customer service, we have never had a bad review on our product, which customer service is my wife/partners job, she is in charge of the customer service reps and the delivery drivers.

    i am at the point where i want to get 20 people to write 5 star reviews, so i go back to 5 stars. Its cheating, but well... no excuse its just cheating....

    does anyone else feel the same way? to be so obsessed with maintaining 5 star review? me personally, i think its a point of pride because i never cheated or bought my reviews, they are all real... and if i cheat, i think that point of pride will be lost.

    as a business owner, we can all make a ton of money, but does it really matter if you make millions, while every one hates you? there are so many bad companies out there, like comcast, or every business owner on kitchen nightmares.

    submitted by /u/JayCraeful0351
    [link] [comments]

    Worried that my Mums investment is being devalued as a minority shareholder.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:30 AM PDT

    My uncle (Uncle) runs a successful small business (Company A) in the UK. Although not its core business, in recent years it has acquired quite a few investment properties.

    My grandfather (now deceased) was involved in the business and held 10% of the shares, these were passed down to my mother. Uncle holds the remaining shares

    I'd say the relationship between my mother and Uncle isn't great, they talk but doesn't go much further which is a shame for a brother and sister. (More history here, probably one for /relationships).

    My uncle has told Mum that Company A is being split because he wants to move the investment properties into a separate company (Company B).

    She has received documents relating to the split but from what I can tell, it looks like Company B is completely buying out Company A and Mum and Uncle are being allocated shares in the Company B.

    The new company has two types of shares (A Class + B Class) . Uncle is giving himself a split of A Class + B Class shares. Mum is being given only B Class Shares. The paperwork did not include the company's articles of association which is where I believe it would explain what the difference is. (Mum has requested this from the solicitors handling the split/buyout)

    So, my initial concerns are Uncle is using this to reduce my Mums rights.

    Note: Company A has never paid a dividend, I wonder if this has something to do with the issue of A Class and B Class shares?

    What rights does Mum have?

    …it seems to me that the shares should be split fairly, so if Uncle is giving himself X percent of A Class shares and X percent of B Class shares, Mum should get the same?

    Mum is having a solicitor check the paperwork.

    Is there anything else I can be doing to help Mum protect her investment? (She's not so savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff)

    Thanks in advance for any comments.

    (Throwaway account just in case)

    edit: Added UK

    submitted by /u/itsathrowawayforobvs
    [link] [comments]

    What problems you face as business owners regarding your fitness and health?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:50 AM PDT

    Often times we business owners are doing great at managing our business and planning ahead but are neglecting our fitness and health. Why do you think is that? Anyone experience with it?
    Let's discuss ;)

    submitted by /u/aboobi
    [link] [comments]

    Complimentary business idea for a salon

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:50 AM PDT

    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

    My wife and her father own a successful hair salon business. We plan on opening a 2nd location in a couple of years. As of right now, I'm most hands off on her business and just do their social media and marketing (went to school for marketing) but was trying to think of other ideas that could possibly be another potential source of income, that I could do, especially since they already have 500 clients that we could organically market to. I have a decent job but I rather get into an entrepreneurial life with her to have the same kind of schedule and build our future together.

    They already have a bridal business and I do photography as a hobby, so I was thinking maybe getting into wedding photography, since they do about 30 weddings a year, not including engagements and other big events that people go to them for.

    They have a bridal suite next store that is empty during the week and the space is available on weekdays.

    Any ideas would be really helpful.

    Thank you any much.

    submitted by /u/zeusjts006
    [link] [comments]

    Winter seasonal business ideas?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Hello all! I'm looking for suggestions for a winter seasonal business (that is not snow removal) . A little about myself. I work during the summer guiding river trips. I love this job and know I want to do it for the rest of my life. But winters are hard. I normally wind up either working at restaurants, guiding in countries in the Southern Hemisphere for very little money, or just living very a very frugal lifestyle on my savings from summer. I'd really like to figure out a small business I can do during this off time. I have from early October to late May to do it. I'm not very locationaly dependent, but I have solid connections in Florida, California, North Carolina, and Washington. I normally have about 15k available for start up, but could get a smallish family loan as well if needed, though I'd prefer not to. As stated above, the obvious answer of snow removal is not something that would be for me. Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/dirtbraggin
    [link] [comments]

    Should I open a personal credit card to use for my small business or get a business card?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    I'm just starting my one-person business (software development/tech consulting). My costs are minimal (already-paid-for laptop, web services (avg less than $100/mo), office costs (not chargeable because I live in a non-US country).

    I'm committed to keeping business and personal expenses separate. I'm not planning on using MY personal credit card for business purchases. But as I look at different types of credit cards to get and see that opening a new personal credit card seems advantageous to the benefits that a business credit card might have:

    • I don't need a large line of credit. My personal credit score is already great.
    • I already pay my account in full every month so I don't need a better borrowing rate.
    • Personal cards seem have more rewards/cashback benefits.
    • Personal cards seem to have more account opening benefits.

    Am I missing something? Why should I get a business card instead of a personal card?

    submitted by /u/australianmullet
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a Junk removal business!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, my friend and I are starting up a junk removal business with a pickup truck and trailer (we've had one job so far). We live in an area with large residential demand and lots of construction and contractors. Business cards are on the way, we've printed fliers, placed a craigslist ad, and setup our thumbtack app. Is there anything we're missing or any good info/tips for out local startup? Looking forward to hearing from you guys

    submitted by /u/kurt_0206
    [link] [comments]

    What supplies are necessary to have in a small retail store? Where to find them?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    I am looking for advice on what store supplies are necessary to open up a small clothing and accessory retail store. Also where can you find these supplies? I am finally being able to open up a small boutique with local Canadian designers' products and I have no idea where to get the organizational things that most stores have, or what ones are the most necessary for making the store look nice and easy to find products in.

    Do I get any of the signs that label sales and what the clothing is? What display stands help sell products like jewelry and clothing the most? I know that in store marketing is very important I am just not sure exactly how to do any of it or where to get the supplies for decent prices. Any help would be really appreciated!

    submitted by /u/wtristen26
    [link] [comments]

    6 Things You Must Know Before Outsourcing Web Development Projects

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    Are you planning for outsourcing your web development project? Here are 6 things you must know before outsourcing web development projects.

    https://medium.com/@teclogiqs/6-things-you-must-know-before-outsourcing-web-development-projects-37574dca1755

    submitted by /u/teclogiqsolutions
    [link] [comments]

    Going Green as a Business

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:27 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Have you ever wondered about your carbon footprint as a small business? Do you think this will become more relevant in the near future as Climate change takes center stage? If so, what are some of the tools or ways you make sure you reduce your carbon footprint?

    #climatechange #climatesolutions

    submitted by /u/ShahsofBHam
    [link] [comments]

    Volume Business Book Recommendations

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    I know most if not all business books can apply to any business. However, I want something that digs deeper on a volume business.

    Have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/dabanales
    [link] [comments]

    Adsense buisness

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 04:41 AM PDT

    If you can get good traffic from reddit Facebook, Twitter or any other source, subscribe to our platform, we give you a video site with adsense ads and the highest revenue in the world.

    submitted by /u/khabarmubasher
    [link] [comments]

    How to lower Google maps ranking?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Would anyone know if there is any way to reduce the visibility of a business on Google's services, without removing it completely? (Hopefully I have picked an appropriate subreddit to post this question in). We run a small business, on the side of regular jobs, and get more busy than we can handle certain days of the year. Currently our business shows up at the top of its category for the surrounding area, which we suspect has led to more crowding than we can handle on these certain days in recent years. I have marked the business as "permanently closed" and changed the tags for the business type to be more general, but it still shows up for the more specific category if I un-close it on Google. Ideally we would like the Google listing to be there for people specifically trying to find the location, hours, and contact info for the business, but I may end up deleting the listing entirely. However, that runs the risk of someone re-adding the business to Google outside of our control. There is lots of information on how to be more visible on Google, but I haven't found any advice on how to be less visible. We have a steady customer base already without attracting lots of extra crowds on these select days through Google.

    submitted by /u/trolley8
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys I just wanted to ask a short survey from you all. Hope you answer my questions :D

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    1. What are/were your problems in starting a business? Is it that you have no idea on how to do it?
    2. What is/were holding you back from starting one?
    3. Is/was money an issue?
    submitted by /u/TheEntrepreneur0
    [link] [comments]

    How to advertise our crowdfunding loan in a way that’s productive without being annoying?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm the owner of a kombucha brewery in Philly that just started distribution, and we launched a crowdfunding loan to help us get off the ground. If we don't get this money, we may literally have no business.

    Our loan is hosted in Honeycomb Credit, which means that people invest $100 or more and can expect a return. This is a pretty sweet deal that I'd totally take advantage of if I had the money but certainly not big enough to need investors. Where is the best place to find people interested in such a small investment?

    submitted by /u/cloudsovercacti
    [link] [comments]

    USPS Shipping Question - How do I pay for and print a non-priority shipping label??

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    I am on the USPS website trying to pay for and print out a label for a small (about 6in x 8 inch) 1.5 pound package. I could have sworn that there used to be an option to enter in your own package dimensions, pay for it, and print out the label. But in spite of me selecting the box to enter in my own package dimensioning, it seems to be forcing me to pay for a priority mail flat rate box; I just want standard shipping for this small box. Is that no longer possible?

    submitted by /u/minimalistdesign
    [link] [comments]

    Is this the thing that makes businesses over 100k/year?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    1. The first thing is that the marketing cost to get a customer to buy is under control. The profit margins are under control and lots of ways to upsell.

    2. Many people looking for this type of product(large industry). Or would consider buying it if they saw it

    3. The product is naturally desirable in many ways. The thing that makes the business over 100k/year is if the product is good enough that people want to buy it once the friends of the customer sees it. If youtubers/instagrams/forum members talk about it without any pay. lava guitar. The thing that matters is the first 2 things, and the business model is solid (that alone can make over 100k) it helps a lot if the product resonates by being "almost unreal" or like a 'cultural/societal movement mvmtwatch , dollar shave club , high end community bicycle gear.

    This was one of the things in the book 'contagious' and 'story brand' and 'primitive branding' is about creating a product, brand, movement that people want to talk about and make viral. The key of it all is to make a product that sells itself or make something that is amazing in many ways and/or addicting and a community/movement?

    submitted by /u/jesus_ismexican
    [link] [comments]

    Push harder with transportation business or move on?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    Hi r/smallbusiness, I have an issue that's been bothering me for awhile now. I don't have anyone to ask any questions regarding business, let alone this, so I thought I'd turn to the sub I've lurked and learned from for years. I appreciate any help or tips anyone might have..

    I started a weird, really niche transportation business a little over a year ago. Surprisingly to me, it exploded. Essentially, people call me and I pick them up and take them where they need to go. Simple enough. Being such a niche business, there are several unique caveats, however. My customers are the Amish..they aren't allowed to own a phone, but can use "phone booths" to contact drivers for dr's appointments, funerals, etc. I'm lucky enough to be situated close to a 'hub' if you will where a large Amish population lives. I had heard that it was a good business to make some cash and thought I'd try it out for myself. The going rate to charge is $1.00/mile. If you have to wait on them, its customary to charge wait time. It seems like the going rate is set, I don't think people are open to paying anymore than $1/mile, and they set the rate - there are a lot of drivers in the area and if you charge anymore than whatever they decide the rate is, they'll just call the next person on this huge list they keep.

    Very quickly this business turned from a little cash gig to a full time legitimate business. Employing a friend, we went from 1 vehicle to 3 and were completing around 6 jobs per day plus driving two separate work crews to work in the morning and home in the evening. Our numbers went from hundreds to thousands, and then to the several thousands within months. Every day we received more and more calls, and took as much business as possible. I came up with some different ideas to produce more revenue such as renting out trailers and offering a pickup truck for hauling things. I even went as far as having a quote done for an app to streamline the process and possibly sell it to others in the area who have the same business. It was really exhausting and I really had no time to do anything except drive. It was insane. So, we decided to scale back and take a look at what was happening to see what the next step would be.

    Anyway, once we slowed way down and I had a chance to look at everything without being so rushed, I can't figure out if this is something that is actually profitable or not. I know it sounds dumb, we make money, but it seems like it isn't working out in the long run. Everything seems to play out when you initially run the numbers, but when you account for taxes, insurance, and try to account for the probability of major vehicle issues popping up/routine maintenance, it seems like a bad idea. I thought more money would cure these issues, but it seems like it just gets proportionally worse.

    Another issue is my friend and I decided to take really low pay to help get a cash reserve buildup and to get everything rolling faster, and when I add in a reasonable rate for both of us or even take myself out of the equation and think about hiring an actual full or part time employee, it just doesn't make sense. It's confusing for me, because I feel like the jobs are profitable, but when I think about doing everything the right way and accounting for large expenses there just isn't enough money to go around. And I've seen a lot of other people in the area who are busier, have better vehicles, and do it for a living, so I have to assume that somehow it is profitable. I just can't see how it would be scale-able, especially with the whole thing revolving around driving. The more you drive, the more risk in people having an accident, injuries, and major mechanical issues etc.

    Sorry for the wall of text, I guess my biggest question is should I reinvest the money we've made and keep pushing with this, or should I just cut it off and look into something else with less expenses and inherent risk involved? I'm not sure if we just are having some growing pains with this idea, maybe it needs adjustment, or what. I have all of the numbers if anyone would be interested in looking through them from the past year of business.

    submitted by /u/Focnr
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on being a sponsor for schools?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:39 AM PDT

    Have you guys found success or growth in your business when you become a sponsor for schools?

    I run a coffee/donut shop and have never sponsored anything so I wanna see what others have experienced. Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/chaomane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment