• Breaking News

    Friday, July 12, 2019

    Startups Fundraising Thursdays - A Forum to Ask About Fundraising, Investors, Accelerators, and Other Sources of Capital

    Startups Fundraising Thursdays - A Forum to Ask About Fundraising, Investors, Accelerators, and Other Sources of Capital


    Fundraising Thursdays - A Forum to Ask About Fundraising, Investors, Accelerators, and Other Sources of Capital

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    Welcome to this week's Fundraising Thursdays Thread.

    Ask about anything related to fundraising, investors, accelerators, grants, and other sources of capital.

    That includes how to find these sources, how to work with them, and how to negotiate with them.

    Don't be shy. The purpose of this is to learn and share ideas and methodologies with one another.

    Any question is a good question!

    If you are answering questions, remember to be kind and supportive. Many are just starting out and have no idea what they are doing. That's okay! We all knew nothing before we knew something.

    You can also find more support using instant chat on the /r/startups discord.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to trademark my company name. Should I use a lawyer?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:03 AM PDT

    I talked with my regular business lawyer. They of course recommend I use them to file my trademark, but they want $2K. This is includes a $800 comprehensive search of trademark databases, website domains, social media, etc, and a few hours of follow-up work, should anything come up during the process. They also recommend this because my name is somewhat similar to another trademarked brand operating in the same space.

    That said, the difference here is like $1,500 if I just file it myself. I know the exact class and how to do it directly with USPTO.

    Is the search worth it? I'm interested in hearing from people who have experience doing this.

    submitted by /u/1cognoscere
    [link] [comments]

    Liquidity planning for startups & SMEs - problem or not?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I currently work on a liquidity planning tool for startups and smaller enterprises who often lack transparency in their spendings and payment dates. How are you currently doing liquidity forecasts? Have you heard about a tool for small companies?

    submitted by /u/PF_1990
    [link] [comments]

    Non compete agreement

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    I have a startup idea that can only go forward with the city's approval as I will be using/leasing their land to place the solution my business will offer. How do I prevent my idea from being hijack by better resourced companies or prevent another company from setting up a similar solution in my territory, with the use of a none compete agreement with the city. Does such an agreement exist at all? Please tell me whatever you think might help

    submitted by /u/Mondli-Tenza
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for running an excellent customer support team?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    We are a small B2B Saas startup focused on SMB customers. Our support ticket volumes are about 40-50 tickets a day.

    Our support team comprises of a senior support person and a part time support analyst. We do only email support. The senior support person also handles customer demos (5-10/week) and weekly webinars.

    Our Problem:

    Recently our customers are complaining about poor customer support. We just started collecting CSAT survey through Zendesk. Our CSAT surveys say 50% our customers are unhappy with the support. As a founder, its has been very difficult for me to keep up with all the tickets and how we are responding to them.

    Help Needed:

    1. Any tips/tricks on how to run an excellent customer support organization?
    2. What metrics to focus on for improvements?
      1. We tried SLA but the customer support person blindly closing the tickets without appropriately answering the customer just to meet SLA.
    3. What processes you found effective?
      1. Daily meeting on customer support tickets?
    4. Anything else we should be doing to fix the current situation?
    submitted by /u/dhanush_ram
    [link] [comments]

    Company wants my idea and me along with it. Do I stay on my own or integrate with them?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    I had a meeting this morning with an old friend. Let's call him Big Company. We were largely in brainstorming mode, but in essence he wanted me and my startup to integrate into his company. I would have full autonomy and 50% of the profits. In exchange he would do all accounting, advertising, and promotion to their existing client base. (which is pretty large) and I would focus on growing the new "department"

    Which path do I choose?

    Path A: Say thanks/no thanks and grow everything on my own from the ground up. Keeping purity of vision without corporate manipulation and keeping all the profits.

    Path B: Integrate with Big Company. Be the lead of the department. Share in 50% profits. Have a whole bunch of resources from the start. Quick growth. I don't have to worry about accounting and payroll.

    In summary: Do I go with Big Company to have a quick launch of my business and see success relatively quickly or do I keep everything to myself and grow slower, but still have a good outlook?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/geeksareus1
    [link] [comments]

    Opening a Business Credit Card

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    Okay so I have a personal credit card with Chase Bank. I am going to operate as a sole proprietor at this point. (Not incorporating as an LLC). I'm going to open a separate checking account with them for business purposes. But I also want to open a Business credit card with them so I can expense things with the card and then pay for it with the revenue in the business checking account. So I have 3 questions. 1.) how can I pool my personal rewards and business rewards if I do this? 2.) Will the credit card be in my name or associated to the EIN of the business? 3.) If it's under my EIN how do they access credit score?

    submitted by /u/PastyPotatoes45
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment