• Breaking News

    Friday, July 12, 2019

    Am I being scammed by the buyers of my house? Insurance

    Am I being scammed by the buyers of my house? Insurance


    Am I being scammed by the buyers of my house?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! This is my first post! Also I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I hope this is okay here. While in the midst of selling my house a tree fell and did some damage. The buyers wanted us to use the construction company one of them works for. The insurance claims adjuster came out and the buyer and his boss insisted on being there and screamed at the guy for not getting an entire new roof out of the deal. They stormed off without giving us a quote to fix it. I got a call later from the buyers boss (owner of the construction company) saying that he can have the claim reassigned to the buyers so we dont have to deal with their back and forth with the insurance company. Is there even such a thing as insurance claim reassignment or are the buyers just looking for a payday?

    submitted by /u/ChunkdarTheFair
    [link] [comments]

    Help! My provider failed to secure pre-authorization before a procedure. As it turns out, that procedure had a waiting period. Now, the insurance is billing additional costs (because the procedure was done before the waiting period ended) and the provider is passing those costs on to me.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    The provider failed to even call my insurance the day of the procedure. They admitted as such, and this was confirmed by the insurance company.

    If I had been informed of the waiting period, I would have opted to decline service until the waiting period was up. It was non emergency. Is there anything I can do? The amount is high.

    submitted by /u/squirrel118
    [link] [comments]

    Moving from Kansas to LA... Is this really true??!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Image ? Wtf. Even DC was only $90 a month....

    submitted by /u/Sorry_Sorry_Im_Sorry
    [link] [comments]

    Do any auto policies allow excluding a driver from a specific car?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    I have three drivers, one of whom is young and has no driving history, and thus is expensive to insure.

    I have three cars, one of which is much cheaper than the rest. You can guess who gets to drive that one.

    It seems Allstate and Geico both don't allow excluding this driver from my other two (more expensive) cars, and so the premium on those cars has gone way up even though the high-risk driver will never drive them.

    Is there a better option for me than to get a completely separate policy for just this car? Like will any carrier allow restricting a driver to a specific car?

    Is it even legal for me to have one policy for one set of cars and one policy for another car?

    Thanks for any help... I'm in California if that matters.

    submitted by /u/DigitalTips
    [link] [comments]

    Mis-sold personal injury policy.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    Today my SO discovered that he has been paying £35 per month for a policy he never took out. He's been paying it for 8 years. The policy is with Swinton insurance and we live in the uk. He's paid about £3360 for a family personal injury plan, he would never have taken such a policy and a google search has shown that Swinton have been fined for mis selling these policies and have been reimbursing customers. A complaint has been logged and the rep he spoke to on the phone said he would sort it out and get back to him in the next 3 days. Obviously we've never claimed on this policy as we didn't know it existed, but the thing is, about 2 years ago he broke his ankle and was off work for 3 months, my question is, would he be better off having a reimbursement of however much they would offer (I suspect it would be significantly less that the £3360 he's paid) Or would it be ethical/viable to claim for the broken ankle?
    Has anyone dealt with swinton or have an experience similar? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/crashbootiecoot
    [link] [comments]

    Long Term Care Insurance while young

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Can I buy Long Term care insurance in my late 30s? Is it cheaper to do so? Are there special plans for younger buyers?

    I have a family history of Alzheimer's. It scares the shit out of me, but the thought of my wife having to put me in a facility at a relatively young age scares me even more. I want to try and get a policy in place before something happens that would make me ineligible.

    submitted by /u/surfnsound
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to carry others on my auto insurance?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    I have become wildly confused with auto insurance and who to carry.

    My boyfriend lives with me. He drives my car about 50% of the time. He carries his own auto policy for his own car but we take my car the majority of the time if we are going out together.

    His whole family says I don't need to have him listed on my insurance because he has his own policy. Is this true?

    Let's say I drive a nice Audi and my boyfriend drives a junker old Mazda or something along those lines. He's driving my Audi one night and totals it.

    His family argues that HIS insurance policy for the mazda will cover the damage. I disagree because why would premiums be based on the type of car you have if you insurance carries over to whatever other cars you drive? Can someone explain this to me please?

    Do I need to have him on my own policy for my Audi to cover damage if he totals it? or will his own policy take care of it?

    Thank you in advance! I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere.

    submitted by /u/atomicvibes
    [link] [comments]

    Pre existing conditions

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 07:44 PM PDT

    If I were to get diagnosed with a pre existing condition and then get another job that offered better benefits, would I be able to enroll in the new jobs health insurance being diagnosed with something considered a pre existing condition?

    submitted by /u/radbar73
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Company not letting me tow my car to get estimates repaired (not at fault)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    I have been in an accident where the other party admitted fault to Allstate (my car insurance is another company).

    Due to some circumstances Allstate has decided I am unable to tow my car at their expense to complete the estimations on their car at a body shops.

    I believe that is because they have seen pictures of my car and the damage on the car, thus, they want it to towed to Copart. I believe Copart is used by them to conduct salvage value estimates. Essentially it seems like no work will attempted to estimate the repair of my car. The agent noted if they say may car is safe to drive then and respirable then they would tow it my location of choose.

    They would only pay for tow to the Copart location.

    Now since it is my first accident and the car I drove that I loved is older, I can predict that they would write off my car hence they are not interested in obtaining estimates to repair for my car.

    Is it in my best interest to just let them tow my car to Copart?

    How would this hypothetically affect the value they would provide for my car?

    Any advice is welcomed.

    Is there any insurance acts or policies I should be made aware of.

    In addition as they decided to tow my car to only the Copart location, they have informed they would no longer pay for my car rental.

    Is this allowed as they did not provide me with off yet or repairs yet

    submitted by /u/BustedCarYYC
    [link] [comments]

    Settling on car accident injury insurance claim

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    My family and I were hit by a woman about 1.5 years ago. The vehicle was totaled and that claim was settled pretty quickly. My wife has had shoulder pain ever since, despite treatment from her doctors. That is why this has taken so long to wrap up.

    Now we need to settle before the 2 yr mark hits.

    When asking for reimbursement, do we ask for the total amount billed, or just our out of pocket? I've already been in touch with our health insurance and they are working directly with the woman's car insurance to get reimbursed on what they paid out. My concern is the service providers... will they seek reimbursement from us for any money they lost in the process?

    Example- my wife's physical therapy was 300/hr. Through insurance they must have a reduced contract rate of 100/hr. So, we paid the 100/hr. Can the physical therapy company come after us saying they want that 200/hr? Insurance didn't pay a dime to the physical therapy company.

    Thanks for any and all advice!

    Edit: This is in TX if it makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/cheezballs1
    [link] [comments]

    How much would it cost to just to keep a car in a storage facility and protect it from damage, theft, vandalism, etc?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    I am planning to store a car that cannot run and won't be running for about two years. I am a 22 year old male with no accidents.

    Since I am not driving it, could I insure it just for damage/theft prevention, and how much would that cost monthly?

    I tried looking around but couldn't find anything. I have admittedly never looked into insurance so sorry if it's a super simple question.

    submitted by /u/markhoff1022
    [link] [comments]

    Help?! Renting out equipment

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    I want to rent out some of my equipment on fat lama and I was wondering what kind of insurance I need to cover in case of theft or loss? I live in the uk. I'm just looking for search terms or any advice really

    submitted by /u/wlfbbz
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on (partially) flooded car

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    Helllo there,

    My car was partially submerged during the flash floods that occurred in New Orleans Wednesday. I did not think much of it at the time as my car was/is running fine. It did smell pretty bad, but I did have my soaked clothes in the car all day Wednesday which is what i figured the smell was even when my car smelled funky this morning (Thursday). But since the smell did not go away till the end of day, I checked the carpet and it was damp. Should I be talking to my insurance agent first or take the car to be inspected before talking to my insurance agent? If the engine and everything is fine, will the smell go away or is it something that may linger for a while? Honestly, I did not think much of it because the water was not up to the door level when i got in, but i recall now that my car was tilted such that the passenger side was on lower ground and i suspect that is where the water got in. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/nepsyde
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need insurance to drive a motorcycle in the US?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    I'm visiting the US (FL) for a month and have a Finnish A1 motorcycle license.

    My dad has a bike I can use, do I need to get insurance for it/myself? If so, is there anything I can get just for the period of time I'm here?

    submitted by /u/mrisoveli
    [link] [comments]

    [CA] Can I get a certificate of liability from an insurer as an individual?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I was in the process of renting out a classroom from the local community college for a short film production when an official from the school asked for a Certificate of Liability (COL).

    They said it's provided by an insurance company. Thing is I'm not a business or a production company. Just an individual trying to put together an independent production. Is there a way I can get a COL as an individual?

    Any input is greatly appreciated. Let me know, thanks!

    Best regards

    submitted by /u/BatsandMen
    [link] [comments]

    How do you find out if anyone left you an inheritance?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    Whether it's family or a stranger, we've all heard those stories about some stranger leaving some stranger something. I'm curious if one has to look for it at some government website as I'm sure it won't be looking for you.

    submitted by /u/nutrop
    [link] [comments]

    How to get into WC?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    I have experience in P&C claims, but I want to get into WC. Unfortunately, literally every job I've ever seen requires multiple years of prior experience in WC, so I have NO idea how to break in. How does one become a WC adjuster? Will getting an AIC help in any way?

    submitted by /u/toynbeeidea16
    [link] [comments]

    Please make me understand why I should *buy* a insurance policy.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    CMV: I do not find insurance important. It mostly helps insurance companies and agents make money. [Change my view] It seems like that when insurance agents make tall claims about their insurance company and how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to buy their insurance.

    submitted by /u/prince_robin
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance provider for high brush and wildfire risk area

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    I am closing on a new home in the Bay Area in CA and have been rejected by multiple mainstream insurance companies due to the home located in high brush/ wildfire risk area. I know about the California Fair Plan (CFP) in conjunction with a wrap-around policy, but that is extremely expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on insurance companies they've had success with can contact who will be willing to consider insuring such a property?

    submitted by /u/manu0720
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find GL for an art car

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

    I'm trying to find GL insurance for an art car I'm building. This is basically just a modified golf cart, not street legal, going to a festival where it will be driven (5 MPH) on festival grounds (not roads). This is for a small festival in Oregon.

    I'm aware that this probably falls under "mobile equipment" but for the life of me I can't find anyone who will cover a non-stationary vehicle. I'm only looking for Liability, I don't care as much about covering the vehicle for damage.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/decktech
    [link] [comments]

    P&C license exam state of GA advice?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! Hopefully this is the right sub to post this in. Tomorrow I'm taking the Property and Casualty Agent license exam for Georgia. I've been using ExamFX to study and I think my studies are going well, but I'm really nervous. I've only had a little over a week to study, because I got a contingency job offer and they'd like me to start asap. I've been doing well on the millions of practice tests I've done, typically 90% and above scores.

    I guess the point of my post is to get any advice for test taking strategies in general, share experiences with anyone who's done similar, what I should expect, etc. There's so much to learn and I'm retaining it to the best of my ability, I'm just scared because it feels like a lot is riding on me passing this test.

    I looked up the exam passing rates, and it's a little over 70% of first time takers that pass it in my state. I should be optimistic, right? I'm just extremely nervous and would love to have someone to discuss this with.

    submitted by /u/HatsuneMiku24
    [link] [comments]

    Wife was hit by a commercial van...but I don't know how to file a claim against this?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    A commercial van operated by Safelite Auto Glass hit my wife this morning. The insurance carrier is "Ace American Insurance Company" and is a Fleet Coverage type.

    I've never heard of this company and I don't know how to file a claim against this van for damage.

    Any tips or ideas?

    Accident occurred in Florida.

    submitted by /u/apertur
    [link] [comments]

    What are the chances of me being billed?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    I had pain in my chest and last night I couldn't sleep on my side or stomach because it got worse. So I went to the ER and they did an EKG, blood work, and X-rays and diagnosed me with Costochondritis. However, I got a call back from my military treatment facility saying that they were going to write me a referral for the ER visit but was unsure if TRICARE would pay the bill because I didn't call before hand. (Who calls the nurse advice line if they're experiencing chest pain?!) The lady over the phone said that since I called the nurse advice line asking for a referral within 24hours of my release I may be ok. What are my odds here? Also the ER didn't give me a bill. I've never been to an ER before today so I'm not sure if they didn't give me one because I'm Active Duty or if they are just going to surprise me in the mail.

    submitted by /u/The_FastestRunner
    [link] [comments]

    What are the cheapest cars to insure through State Farm?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    I cant seem to find any good prices through state farm but under my circumstances I have to stay under state farm. I just want to know what cars would be smartest through them. I do enjoy fast cars but even alot of faster cars are cheaper than cars like the chevy malibu or impala. Please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Jdublyuh
    [link] [comments]

    Suing uncooperative driver in a small claims court

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 01:44 PM PDT

    Back in February, a driver hit my car as he was backing out of a parking lot, making two scratches in my car that is estimated to be about $800. I have his phone number, name, and address, but not his insurance information (he claimed he didn't have his card on him). I filed a police accident report (although no police showed up on scene). My insurance company sent him letters and tried contacting him, he no response after 6 months.

    Therefore, I'm thinking of suing him in a small claims court. To sue, I know I have to just pay a filing fee. But is the defendant under any crimson obligation to attend the hearing? Do I have to attend the hearing also? Is the defendant also required to pay? What if the defendant doesn't pay? ($800 is not a small amount of money, but the defendant was driving a brand new Minivan worth at least $30000, so I'm sure he has the financial means).

    submitted by /u/stao916
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment