• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 11, 2019

    My mom claims if I don't use my health insurance (ie. Don't go for a checkup or dentist appointment) after a long time it can be taken away. Is this true? Insurance

    My mom claims if I don't use my health insurance (ie. Don't go for a checkup or dentist appointment) after a long time it can be taken away. Is this true? Insurance


    My mom claims if I don't use my health insurance (ie. Don't go for a checkup or dentist appointment) after a long time it can be taken away. Is this true?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    Driver nearly merged into me. Liability question

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 02:45 AM PDT

    The driver was 100% going to hit me merging in off an entrance ramp. I quickly swerved to the left lane without checking my blind spot. I avoided the accident but after I thought had I hit a car swerving out of the way it would have been my liability. So should this happen again I should just let the guy hit me? That seems like a screwed answer. What does the insurance community think

    submitted by /u/TheGreatFadoodler
    [link] [comments]

    Illegally Parked Car Backed into Me. What happens now?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Today I was pulling into a tight parking space of a shopping center. As I was straightening my car, an illegally parked car that was perpendicular to my car backed into me. I saw her backing up, so I blasted my horn, but she kept backing up into my car. Her car is almost completely fine. My car has a huge dent in the rear bumper.

    I tried to take her license and insurance info, but she said she forgot her purse at home so she couldn't give it to me. All she could offer up was an expired insurance card.

    I'm really freaked out. IMO this is 100% her fault, but she was making it out to seem like this was my fault.

    I was hoping to get your guys' input on the situation.

    Am I in any way liable or at fault? Will my insurance go up because of this?

    submitted by /u/canonofdoom
    [link] [comments]

    My employer signed me up for Healthcare Insurance out of the blue. Can they do that?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    USA/Illinois.

    I noticed on my most recent check that deductions were made for healthcare insurance. My employer and I had talked about a benefits package a few months ago but nothing was official. No verbal yes/no was made and nothing was signed. I am still covered under my fathers healthcare plan. I already contacted them saying to remove me from this plan immediately. I plan on asking to be reimbursed for the deductions. Am I able to do so?

    submitted by /u/Kaner_95
    [link] [comments]

    How long can my small business employer keep me on our health insurance while on medical leave of unknown duration? I'm in Indiana

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    Liability Insurance - rental car

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    So I rented a car at nu rentals (bad idea I know read the horrible YELP reviews).

    I'm from Texas (25 yrs old) but I'll be heading to LAX for a week, and I don't own a car, so no auto insurance.

    Where do I need to buy this liability insurance?

    I've heard Non owner car insurance can be tad expensive?

    submitted by /u/Algogator
    [link] [comments]

    What does insurance cover for a newborn baby?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:57 PM PDT

    I think I'm overthinking this, I'm hoping someone can help explain it to me better or tell me if I'm correct in this.

    So, I'm 24, still a dependent on my father's health insurance through his company. I'm due with my first baby in early October. I'm lucky enough that maternity services are extended to me as a dependent, and so far everything has been covered no problem. My estimated bill for my hospital delivery is completely reasonable.

    My question is, when baby is born, will my dads insurance be covering anything for baby? I know I have 30 days to get him his own policy, so does that mean his treatment in the hospital and visit from the pediatrician during our stay will be backdated and transferred to whatever new policy we select? My fiancé and I are planning on getting a family policy through one of our workplaces, whoever's is better. Is this the right thing to do??

    Another concern I have as I'm now 28 weeks is preterm birth. Is it the same kind of situation if he was born premature? His birth starts a qualifying life event and I can then get a policy through my employer?

    And my last question is if I can get accurate policy information from my employer now about what the costs would be for my fiance, baby and I if we were to enroll in the plan, or could things change between now and then?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/squabble123
    [link] [comments]

    Is this "complimentary" extended auto warranty legitimate?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:46 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Planning on buying a new Mazda CX-5. Found a dealer in Michigan which offers a complimentary power train extended warranty on all purchases for 200,000 miles/20 years.

    The warranty is offered through a third party company called "Nationwide warranty", and from what I've read, seems like there are several stipulations on this coverage and a history of these companies going bankrupt and then the policy going out the door.

    Well, it turns out this dealer is offering to match the price of any other dealer and give me the warranty for free. The only downside is I will have to travel 3.5 hours each way to buy the car here, but I'm thinking it is worth the trip if their warranty is at all legitimate.

    Warranty Description on Dealer's website

    submitted by /u/ncsMD
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need insurance before I buy a used car?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:29 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm a minor and will be buying my first car very soon. I will not be getting a lease or anything but will just be buying it straight out. Do I need some sort of insurance before I buy it? Or can I just have someone who is insured drive and home and sort the rest out after?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/That_Astronomy_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Two Accidents in Two Days

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit, I've had a pretty unlucky few days. Yesterday I rear ended someone in front of me during my morning commute to work. Thankfully there were no injuries and nobody got hurt. I admit fault to it and went through the whole process of exchanging info, taking the car into Geico for inspection, repairs, and getting a rental car. I'll have to pay the $500 deductible and my insurance premiums will go up but I'll accept the consequence of that accident.

    Today on the way home from work, I was trying to turn left and someone behind me rear ended/side swiped my rental car and drove away. I filed a police report, I unfortunately couldn't get the plate or make of the car that hit-and-ran me, it all happened in a flash. I tried asking the local businesses that faced the street if they had any security cameras and none of them did. I also couldn't find anyone who witnessed the crash. I tried to file a second claim today but since it was after hours, I have to wait till tomorrow if I want to file a second claim.

    What do I do in this case? I've had two accidents with two different cars two days in a row with one of the accidents being my fault and the other not but it was a hit and run. I'm 22, I'm not sure how I can afford it when the premiums are espensive as it is and will probably go up. Will Geico make me pay a second deductible for the rental car? Will Geico consider me a high risk driver and cancel my insurance all together? I've never been in accidents before so I'm new at this...

    submitted by /u/CactusCat420
    [link] [comments]

    auto accident, please help.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    I have a 2018 Honda, i just got into a hit and run. The other driver backed up into my car, and took off. Here is my concern, i was planning to sale my car and now due to this accident i'm concern the value to the car will be lost dramatically. From what i can tell, i can't see structural frame well, they damaged my front bumper pretty good. This happened today. I have not filed police report and insurance claim yet. My goal is to keep the value of my car high since i'm trying to sale it. What should i do? i never been in auto accident before. please help.

    PIC: https://imgur.com/a/M2P6dix

    submitted by /u/emomd
    [link] [comments]

    Bcbs big bill after seeing in network primary care doctor

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    Asked the health partners clinic what my copay would be. They said they'd check it but I forgot to follow up. There was then a $480 bill for my primary care visit and insurance only covered $50. It says I have to pay my deductible first then it will be 15% for in network primary care appts for an illness or injury. I've never heard of primary care visits being treated like this. Before when I had bcbs I only had a $20 copay even if I hadn't really paid my deductible. Please help.


    [link] [comments]

    Oral surgeon pathology

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    I just got informed by my health insurance company they won't pay for pathology for a mass that was removed by a oral surgeon in my wife's mouth. The reason is that there is no diagnosis code available to justify the medical need for the procedure. But he insurance approved sending the mass to pathology.

    They are charging me the full amount for testing and I didn't even have a say if it was going to go out or not. The oral surgeon sent it out without telling us.

    submitted by /u/Carguy1986
    [link] [comments]

    Didn't report accident to Zipcar right away

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:50 PM PDT

    Tl;dr: Didn't report a fender bender to zip car right away. Can I do so 10 days late and be protected with member insurance?

    Driving back on a long trip I got stuck in stop and go traffic. At one point my attention lapsed and I braked too late to avoid hitting someone. I tapped his bumper at a few mph.

    We stepped out, he took some pics (my idiot self forgot until after) and exchanged emails, agreeing to handle the matter outside of insurance. Zip car has insurance, but the claim process suspends the account. I have a 4 day zip car rental upcoming and didn't want to lose that, so I chose not to I form zip car.

    Damage the the other car includes a broken tail light and one small but deep scratch caused from the license plate screw. He said he's willing to ignore the scratch, but we'll see.

    To protect myself, can I file an incident report with zip car for this accident after my next reservation ends?

    submitted by /u/Dumbascanbee
    [link] [comments]

    Recent grad with the opportunity to essentially open my own office, looking for advice from those who have been in the industry.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    So here's the back story. I am a 23 year old college graduate (with Master's) looking to begin my career. I've looked in a variety of different areas/fields and am not 100% sure what I want to do, but I have always been very entrepreneurial.

    Recently, a family friend of ours (who owns a handful of insurance agencies in Virginia) bought out another agency owner and acquired a handful of other agencies (he is a Nationwide agent, focuses mostly on corporate insurance). Through that process, he acquired a single person office in a medium size, quickly growing city that is currently vacant. They are looking to place someone to restart up that office, and I have been in discussions with him about taking that role.

    I'm curious on what those in the field may think of this opportunity for someone who would be starting out brand new, with little knowledge on the insurance industry as of right now. I would consider myself hardworking, motivated, and savvy and I love the opportunity of essentially being able to take over this office at a young age and try to grow it over the years. That being said, I am interested in the success rate of new agents, what pay I may be able to expect in the first couple years (would be primarily commission), etc. Again, in terms of this particular office we have discussed focusing mostly on the corporate side, rather than like home/auto, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Wrangler540
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Insurance Issue ...

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    So last year 2018 I purchased auto insurance for the first time off of the bank I use. I provided my information to them by phone and was told it would go through as automatic payments.

    In the end of August my insurance started and to my knowledge, I assumed my payments were going through monthly. In November I received mail saying my insurance was going to be canceled on October 21st. So I received a notification of cancelation after the date and this was my first time of acknowledgment.

    So then I am in contact with the company and they provide me a date in December that is a must pay, which I paid by. From my memories, I was told this would not hurt me in the future.

    Today I looked for quotes a year later and I am denied because I am considered a "Non-Payment Cancelation" customer. This is for everyone to see... I had no idea it was there?

    They claimed they called me 3 times before canceling. I received 0 emails. And again I got the mail after the cancel date, which I think has to do with my location and the Canada Post strike during that time of year.

    I am just upset because this stays with me for 3 years and I would have fixed the issue if I knew. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/jpen290
    [link] [comments]

    Genetic tests and life insurance?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    I have life insurance in place currently, but since getting that policy I have been diagnosed with a rare condition and am considering doing a 23andMe genetic test due to other circumstances. Will the genetic test itself hurt my chance at securing future policies, I know the company I previously worked for asked if an applicant had a genetic test done on the application.

    I want to have the test done, but also dont want to screw myself in the long run

    Thanks in Advance!

    submitted by /u/halthegal1
    [link] [comments]

    Unexpected payout question after accident

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    I live in Massachusetts and this involves Collision Part 7. I got a letter from my insurance saying I was getting a check for my deductible, I was in a car accident where I was rear ended at a red light and it totaled my car. I never paid to had repairs, since it was deemed totaled. Just got a new car a week later. but still got a check for my deductible. I don't know what to do with the check and don't want to get in trouble.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Hchs2010
    [link] [comments]

    Hit and Run auto collision - Texas

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    My vehicle was deemed a total loss by my insurance company due to a hit and run when I was parked on a street. The claim is currently being transferred to another adjuster that handles total loss claims and they will contact me in the next couple days with a settlement. My policy states it will pay out the ACV of the vehicle, how do I best prepare myself before speaking numbers and settlement with the adjuster? I'm finding it difficult to find comparable vehicles since mine has relatively low miles for the year. I have the original bill of sale from 5 years ago, do I need to include taxes and fees in the settlement? Help!

    FYI: I am in Texas, vehicle is owned outright with full coverage and a common deductible. Since the person was never caught that did the damage, I'm on my own for fixing it.

    submitted by /u/Doomster9
    [link] [comments]

    What is better when in a potential car accident? Get hit or swerve and risk hitting someone.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:25 PM PDT

    This is scenario has come up a few times when I'm driving down the Freeway and I've thought about it a few times.

    I'm a "good driver" have never been in a major at fault accident, at least not were the insurance company had to pay anything.

    A few times I've been involved in a few close calls on the freeway were a car on the lane next to mine merges into my lane without looking almost hitting my car. My reaction is automatic I look over (sometimes not long enough) to the my shoulder and sort of swerve into the other lane to avoid a hit from the car that is about to merge into my lane. I honk like crazy and that usually gets the other driver's attention and they get back into their lane and I can get back into my lane.

    Last night it happened again after I was going home from work driving on the lane next to were the cars merge. There was a car stopped on the right shoulder were the lane merges. I was not able to see if he was fully on the shoulder or not.

    There was a car coming into the freeway but he was not going fast enough to really catch me and he did not signal that he was gong to merge so I didn't pay much attention to it. The car could have just kept on going and exit the freeway which I assumed the driver might do.

    I looked to my left to see if there was a car had on my left lane because I was going to merge there. There was a car very near my car so I was gong to wait for him to pass by before I merged to that lane. I then looked ahead and noticed that the car on my right was speeding up and then I noticed that the stopped car might actually be on his lane and he was about to crash head on. Right there it was all slow motion wondering if he was going to stop, slow down or speed up. I don't think the driver saw the stopped car till the last moment when he was right next to me. He then swerved into my lane to avoid the stopped car. I kept my speed steady and instinctively swerved to the left and hoped that the car on my left was not next to me. Thankfully I didn't hit anybody and nothing happened but it scared the hell out of me.

    It also got me wondering if I should have just braced and taken the hit. Either way there is a likelihood that I would have gotten hit or I would have hit someone. From an insurance perspective would it be better that I just stay on my lane?

    submitted by /u/RustyMT
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal in the Insurance/Roofing repair Industry

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    Location: Loveland, Colorado

    I have one story house, composite roof installed in 2013, solar panels on top

    Homeowners insurance with $2500 deductible.

    Last Saturday a hailstorm moved through my neighborhood, caused some damages to some nearby houses, but mine escaped near as I can tell. A binocular check of the roof and solar panels revealed nada for damage, nearby stuff like my car suffered no damage either. Solar Panels appear to be performing normally at the inverter and meters.

    Sunday I get an email from the people who installed my panels asking if they can do an inspection since they tracked the hailstorm over my property. I told them I was ok with an inspection, but they wanted me to sign an "Roofing and Restoration Agreement" with an estimated repair bill of $10,000. Having not actually done an inspection yet and asking for permission to open a claim with my homeowner's insurance if there is damage.

    I'm not thrilled with this, I seriously doubt there's $10,000 worth of damage on my roof, in fact I'm more certain the current damage is zero. Granted I'm not a roofing/solar panel contractor but with initial checks showing no damage, I'm not comfortable with someone given the power to open a $10,000 claim on my roof without talking to me first.

    Is this kind of thing standard procedure? Thoughts on where to proceed?

    FOLLOW UP EDIT:

    So this is the email I sent them:

    -----

    At this time we are declining to sign this document and disagree in full.

    We are willing to discuss an inspection, not any estimated damages and repairs until after inspection is complete. Given that our assessment of the situation is damage is not likely to even exist, or is minor if it does exist, this does not merit immediate estimates of 10k+ and claims started with our insurance of which this document gives you power to do so, and is truly unnecessary...

    Advise you re-assess and decide if/how you wish to inspect our roof. We are open to alternate terms.

    Sincerely:

    pmmeyourcarinsurance

    submitted by /u/pmmeyourcarinsurance
    [link] [comments]

    Board of appeal reversed >50% at-fault decision. Now what?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Folks, I am an insurance noob. September last year, I was involved in an accident which totaled my car and was determined by the insurance company to be more than 50% at fault. Since I did not have collision insurance, I got nothing back from the insurance company.

    I didn't think I was more than 50% at fault, and so appealed the decision. The Board of Appeal just informed me that I'm not more than 50%. Yay!

    My questions to you are the following:

    1. What should I do now? I'm guessing I need to contact the insurance company and let them know not to increase my premiums.
    2. Since I'm not more than 50% at fault, does this mean I should expect any money from the insurance company of others involved in the accident? Is this something I can take up with my insurance company?

    Look forward to any assistance!

    submitted by /u/anr1312
    [link] [comments]

    I somewhat repaired some vandalism done to my car. Will that affect my ability to file a claim?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    My convertible was vandalized this weekend and a ~4" cut was made into the roof to get inside of it. After this happened I went out and bought some repair glue stuff and filled the tear with it as it's often parked outside in my driveway and I didn't want the rain to ruin the interior.

    I'm about to go make a police report and file this with my insurance, but my insurance contact was unsure of how to handle this when I told them I had already semi-repaired it. She thought I needed to provide pictures of the damage prior to the repair and said she would get back to me. I honestly did not think about that prior to repairing it as my only concern was preventing further damage. Am I SOL?

    submitted by /u/notasuperflywhiteguy
    [link] [comments]

    Becoming a L/H agent.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Just accepted a position for a large insurance company. Aside from the training resources provided to me by the company, is there anything I should buy for myself to make the day to day tasks of the job easier? (new computer, software, phone, etc.)

    submitted by /u/xgaveittoyou
    [link] [comments]

    Off Road Vehicle Accident - 100% not at fault - "No-Fault" State on vacation

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    Hi Redditor's -

    Thanks for your help and insight in advance; Be warned it's wordy,

    While I am asking legal-ish questions this is not my only place for advice and of course I understand my milage may vary and free legal advice is worth as much as I paid for it. I am also USA based for those that ask.

    Over the 4th of July holiday I was involved in an off road vehicle accident, I was on a KTM 500 EXC Dual Sport Motorcycle and the other was a large Can-Am 4 Door Side by Side ATV ( Basically car sized ), both vehicles are considered "street legal" in the state of Utah where the accident happened. I was visiting the state on vacation. The accident happened on a US Forrest Service Road in a very remote area, I was traveling at about 10 MPH up a dirt road in the right hand lane of traffic and the other was coming downhill and crossed into my lane striking me with the front left of his vehicle at at about 40 mph while trying to skid to a stop.

    I was knocked off the road, knocked unconscious, and was unable to leave the area under my own power. I was transported to a trauma center about 60 miles away via two different private vehicles as there was no cell service in the area and no way to get Police / Ranger / Fire / EMS or any other authorities to the scene in a reasonable amount of time and it was deemed I needed medical care.

    At the hospital I was X-Rayed / Cat Scanned / Had Physical examination and was determined to have a concussion, fracture in my hand, toe and massive internal bruising from basically my neck to my knees, that being said everyone, myself included deemed me very lucky. I was discharged from the hospital about 5 hours after being admitted with instructions to relax, take it easy and see my regular doctor upon my return home.

    So now with some background, attorneys and people that have been through this, what are your thoughts on retaining counsel ? I just want the bills paid, the broken stuff replaced and the couple of weeks of lost wages paid back, I am not trying to profit here, I just don't feel this should cost me as this was not may fault.

    Utah is a "No-Fault" state, I have done some study on what that is, but how does that affect me as I was a temporary visitor at best; Does my out of state insurance then play by no-fault rules ?

    I am a reasonably skilled negotiator and without a ton of medical bills or very complex legal situations, I am wondering if I should have a go at the other parties insurance company prior to retaining someone ?

    Anyway, thoughts, ideas, mockery and whatever else is appreciated…

    I have cross posted this to /insurance and /legaladvice

    submitted by /u/y0rtcat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment