• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 6, 2019

    How long did it take you till you were making livable wage in your business? small business

    How long did it take you till you were making livable wage in your business? small business


    How long did it take you till you were making livable wage in your business?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Hello. I started a window cleaning and pressure washing business September of 2018. I am about closing up my 1 year mark and this month in general ive been hit with some serious realizations. Im bummed out.

    I am 24 yrs old. No college or trade. Truthfully idk if i can make a livable wage doing this. Or at least for now... i live in central florida. The competition here is huge. Its a running joke within the pressure washing industry and forums/groups that florida is one of the worst if not worst states for pressure washing because you dont need any real licensing and anyone can do it. Its really not that difficult. Ya there are techniques, methods, certain chemicals to use to get rid of certain stains but anyone can learn if they do some research online.

    I do good work. I have a google, a facebook page. I have 50 five star google reviews. Problem is the work is so unsteady. It is seasonal kind of work (unless youre doing stuff like a lot of commercial work or fleet washing. All my work is residential customers/cleaning homeowners homes). For instance this week i made $300 after having to purchase more supplies, gas, etc. i had one job... next week ill be slammed ill probably make $1500-2,000. Then that could be followed with another 1-2 weeks of literally only making $500 a week.

    I do door hangers, i post a lot of ads in community facebook groups, i put signs around town (ive gotten warned by two local communities not to do that...) it just seems like no one cares to have their house cleaned in the numbers that it would take for me to make this a livable business. Ive tried to get commercial work by canvassing, introducing myself to business owners but they always say they have their employees do it or my prices are way too high. Which honestly they probably are because there are guys who dont own legitimate businesses and just own a pressure washer machine that are fully willing to work for $15-20/hr.

    The competition here seems way too abundant to become a wellknown pressure washing or window cleaning company because there are so many guys who just do this on the side charging way low prices and i dont mean to sound like im copping out but they are destroying the industry and the prices for guys like me who do this fulltime and not as parttime or just when i need beer money...

    On average i make about $50-70 an hr when i work, sometimes $100/hr. Never any less than $50 unless i fuck up and underbid a job which doesnt happen too often anymore. Idk what to do. Im nerved out, im nervous, i am scared because idk if this is really going to work out in the long run.

    submitted by /u/kza1209891
    [link] [comments]

    Terminate Corporation Without Consent of All ShareHolders

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:31 PM PDT

    I have a corporation with 3 partners, I own the majority @ 40%, no income, no IP (that I care about), basically a useless defunct partnership that fell apart.

    One partner will not pay his balance due, will not respond, and said to "direct all inquiries to his attorney". Fun stuff right?

    How can I close this damn thing up? It's either...

    Let it ride forever, keep getting bills from LA Dept of Revenue asking for tax, penalties, fines, etc. with a maybe outside shot of getting the AWOL partner to comply and write that he's OK w/ terminating.

    OR

    Just filing the termination & really just ignoring the point that says "written consent from all partners to terminate".

    I'm not really concerned about partner suing or wanting anything from the organization because he's the one most as fault and the east overall contribution.

    Thoughts/insight?

    submitted by /u/AceWiggs
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to start a small business. What is the next axe throwing trend/fad? Anyone have any good ideas. No pressure washing plz!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    Looking to start a business. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what is the next hot trend or even fad. I was thinking about a axe throwing business but after research they seem to be a fad and are already popping up everywhere. I live in AZ and would also consider CA. I have looked into dry cleaners and Laundry mats. I have about 75-100k to invest but would like to spend less. I figured I could start a axe throwing center for 50k but there are to many popping up. I have even heard of indoor go karting places adding axe throwing lanes. What is the next axe throwing idea?

    submitted by /u/FistinBeaver
    [link] [comments]

    What type of online ordering system are you using for your business?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:05 AM PDT

    Basically what the title says. I'm trying to find one but not sure what is good. I want to find one that prints out the order. I'm from Canada so I'm not sure if we have anything.

    submitted by /u/jawryse
    [link] [comments]

    Finding the right time to go full-time to part-time

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    As the title says, I'm on the cusp of cutting my hours and working only three times a week. I feel my yardage book business is right about there financially to take that leap, but still scared to cut off a major life line (full time job). Thing is, I can't grow my business unless I take the time to focus on it. There are so many things I want to do with my business to help it grow, but I need the time. I'm looking at working just M-W, 7-3, which my job has approved. They're just waiting on me to finally do it. I've got about 4K in the bank and 1k in savings. May be iffy, but I'm learning I may have to take these kind of gambles to grow my business.

    submitted by /u/brutusbuckeye94
    [link] [comments]

    How do you plan and how do you stick to the initial plans?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:30 AM PDT

    Hi, I noticed I have a problem when it comes to pursue my plans. I often make plans with excitement and I start working for lets say a week in a row but after that, the excitement starts to dissipate. After that I usually postpone that plan or jump to another one.

    I'm curious how others redditors make plans and pursue them and how do they stay motivated, maybe (probably) I'm doing something wrong. Also, I would appreciate if you could point me out what tools (sites/apps) can I use.

    submitted by /u/empty-sticky-note
    [link] [comments]

    Having difficulty figuring out how I can obtain cartons -- even by the case -- for a more affordable price and looking to pick the brains of experienced C-Store owners to direct me with advice. [Oklahoma City]

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:24 PM PDT

    Currently I co-run a mom and pops store. I've been struggling to find positive connections within the community outside of immediate wholesalers (which is questionable in itself) for cartons of cigarettes. Beer and other products aren't an issue and we're plenty stocked daily. I buy bulk from Sam's Club / Costco.

    However, Cigarettes have been murdering me. There's a local convenience store that sells to me on average $70 a carton of Newports for an example. The store doesn't offer incentives for larger purchases which makes me reluctant to purchase $2-5k at a time, which would be completely possible at least once a month with ones and two's (cigarillos etc) here and there.

    I feel as if I can perhaps do slightly better -- $60-65 even would be a welcome change. $55 would be astronomical.

    I'm willing to drive to other states as well, which is a norm for us on certain products. But this is a big issue.

    I have no problem meeting min requirements such $500-1k min purchase for x amount of savings for volume purchases. I can go higher even.

    What can I do to investigate or reach better prices for cartons?

    submitted by /u/outterspacetits
    [link] [comments]

    Medical Billing software

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:56 PM PDT

    How much do you spend from your business revenue?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    I have a habit of never touching my business money unless it's an emergency which was only once. The reason being is taxes. I don't really understand taxes so I'm worried about how much I'd owe back from my profits.

    I just started my business about a few months ago and it brings in a little over $700/month passively. I'm planning on buying a house and using a fraction of that for miscellaneous bills and whatnot. Is it just a better option to not touch any business revenue until I really need it? Looking for a smart play. I'm pretty disciplined with money.

    submitted by /u/ramdettmer
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any book/resource recommendations for learning about business law?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:16 PM PDT

    Construction Subcontractor Overhead

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    I'm in the beginning stages of planning my subcontractor business plan. Can any of you give me some insight on the likely overhead I should expect. I'll be starting off with just myself and 2 employees. Any input would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/Bumfjghter
    [link] [comments]

    Outsourcing tasks of small business

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    I wanted to know what sort of opportunities are there for outsourcing of tasks? Example of tele-marketing, here i have to pay $10/hr which after conversion to local currency is substantially amount per month. (The person calls perspective customers to ask for new orders, very simple work in theory)

    So are there any ways for cheaper, and efficient ways??

    submitted by /u/seasonel
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for suggestions for a software/app for my growing business

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    My business is growing and I am looking for a software and/or app that can do two things.

    1. Create a loyalty and rewards program for my customers. Not only for the products they purchase but also for referral business.

    2. The ability to track when customers run out of my product and can send an automatic refill notification.

    Currently my sales are done in the office at a P.O.S. system as well as using Shopify for my online shop. So something that can also integrate with Shopify would be ideal!

    Does anyone have any suggestions of such a software/app?

    submitted by /u/JomadoSumabi
    [link] [comments]

    Having VR stations at weddings a good idea?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of starting up a wedding rentals business. As in I'll be renting out photo booths and other forms of entertainment for weddings and events. My first to start would be renting out VR (virtual reality) stations. I'd simply just purchase a few computers and an oculus rift.

    I'll charge by the hour and by how many stations. I'll be on standby to help everyone strap in and such. I would just like to know if it'll work out? I guess nobody knows how successful it'll be but would you have it in your wedding or could see people wanting it for theirs?

    I'm in a city where we have VR arcade shops being set up. I don't know how successful they are but I'm seeing more come up than going out of business. Also the conventions I go to here always have big line ups for them.

    submitted by /u/trev3795
    [link] [comments]

    In your opinion what is most important to customers (consistency, innovation/improving, value, brand image, style)?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:22 AM PDT

    What are customers going to look for when they compare to competitors?

    I'd think for most they would go for (from greatest to least)

    1. value
    2. style that fits their taste
    3. brand image
    4. consistency/reputation
    5. improving/innovation

    What should a company do to at very least appear to look like they are comparable or better than the top competitors?

    submitted by /u/ShoemakingHobbyist
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on valuing our company before selling

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Ok, that's not exactly what is happening but I didn't know how else to title this.

    We are keeping our company title as we offer many services. We are in the ag sector and we are also farmers. We have created two products that are sold globally that are proving successful. We have been approached by a Japanese company that would like to buy the rights to our products. We are looking for advice on how to value these products. We don't want to come in too low or too high. How do you value your company and or products?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Notamennonite
    [link] [comments]

    can you buy existing 800 numbers?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    google wont help me answer this. thank you

    submitted by /u/ddogggodd
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a barcode for food product sale?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Is there a resource that tells you the basics (think ELI5) of how to set up a barcode for a food product? I did some research, and wasn't sure the process. Is it free? Is there anything to avoid? Do I need to pay the GS1 $250 to create and then $50 per year thereafter or can I create one that works in stores?

    Sorry if this has been answered, really am a neophyte on all of this.

    submitted by /u/woodlandbeecompany
    [link] [comments]

    Small Business Vehicle

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    I recently bought a pickup truck to use exclusively for business purpose and was hoping for advice on registering and insurance. I am the owner of an LLC and the truck is paid for in full, no financing.

    1. Do I have to register my truck to the LLC? Is there any advantage or drawback to doing so? Is there any advantage/drawback for having it registered as a personal vehicle (If I am even able to)
    2. Should I have a commercial or personal insurance policy and what coverage is necessary?

    I appreciate any responses!

    submitted by /u/dbake9
    [link] [comments]

    Music, beat selling business. Need book recommendations

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    Im going to start a beat selling business. Im excited and im ready for hell. Im going to have the best product in my whole city, and my brand will be amongst the most sought after online. Right now I have no recognition but my product is ready. I need recommendations from veterans who have successful businesses and any tips are welcome.

    There are so many books out there which ones do you recommend? For legal stuff, marketing etc.

    I have been buying my equipment over the course of 2 years and im finally good to go hardware and software wise. Ive spent over 5k. If I start a business are these things tax deductible? I dont yet undertsand such things.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DarkLotus009
    [link] [comments]

    LLC in NY - Personally Moving to CA - Confused

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Hi! Very much appreciate the help if someone has some information!

    I have my single-member LLC formed in NY. I'm a freelance marketing contractor, doing all my work online for clients in Washington DC and Maryland.

    I just moved from NY to CA a few days ago, and I'm confused about whether or not I need to register my LLC in California as a foreign entity or not, because I'm not really doing any business in CA, I'm just working here.

    I just got off the phone with a small business lawyer and he couldn't really give specific advice because I didn't retain him, but he kinda hinted that I really may not need to do anything. Is he right?

    Thanks for any insight you can give!

    Dave

    submitted by /u/learning13579
    [link] [comments]

    In 3 words, what business ideas are you currently working on?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    BEST PROGRAMME TO HELP SMALL BUSINESS INCREASE SALES AND PERSONNEL

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    I'm developing a Programme Proposal to increase employment within Small and Medium Enterprises (especially Small businesses).

    I'm not sure what would be the best way to attract these businesses owners to come to our SME Authority and help them to improve their businesses, so I'm asking for ideas. What do you think would be the best idea?

    I have several ideas, like offering a diplomat regarding various management and financial topics.

    However, this has to impact a large number of SMEs to actually see a positive change in employment.

    What do you think guys? Any ideas?

    What kind of programme would be the best to implement?

    submitted by /u/podsis
    [link] [comments]

    Considering sharing email stats with my employees. Could it backfire?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    I'm in a funky situation, and not sure if its possible to get out cleanly.

    employee #1 has been with me for roughly 8 years, but just this last year I've noticed his work productivity slowing down.

    employee #2 has been with me for roughly 1.5 years. The first 12-months was tough because he was clueless. Now he's a real go-getter.

    I've recently seen that outlook has stats about who sends how many emails, and found that emp#1 sent 200 in the last 30 days, where emp#2 sent 550. I'm roughly in the middle at 350 emails sent.

    I'm not freaking out, because we also use chatrooms and phone calls, but emails sent is fairly eye-opening because emp#1 thinks he sends TONS of emails.

    I'm definitely not going to say "you need to send more emails", but I am curious if publicly sharing this information with the entire company would help anything?

    Also thinking of automatically BCCing the team on every email sent by anyone, because i believe in 100% transparency in things we are working on.

    submitted by /u/seainhd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment