• Breaking News

    Friday, July 12, 2019

    How I invest, and how it's changed my spending habits Investment Club

    How I invest, and how it's changed my spending habits Investment Club


    How I invest, and how it's changed my spending habits

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    A few years back I started buying stock of any major brand I purchased something from and had a good experience. I obviously put a bit of research into the purchases before I finalized anything. In the past few years I've done fairly well just off doing this, and the money I save as doing this detours me from eating out, or spending too much.

    If I go to a McDonalds I buy 1 share of MCD.

    If I go to Walmart and spend under the current stock value, I buy one share. If I spend more I buy shares to match the nearest ratio. Basically doubling up here.

    When I go to Costco and make any purchase over $100 I buy one share. I purchase a share on renewal also.

    Vacationing I purchase the amount in tickets for the airline stock. The amount in hotel costs in that brands stock. If I visit a theme park such as Disney I purchase 1 share/1 ticket, and 1 share/$100 spent.

    Going out to a movie I do the same when available. 1 ticket/1 share.

    When I had Netflix I was buying 1 share of Netflix per month (was getting expensive).

    When I purchase a new car I put 15% of cars value to that brands stock. I generally use this rule for all major purchases, even electronics except I push the percentages up.

    Obviously this probably isn't for everyone. It's worked well for me as I used to over spend and live paycheck to paycheck. Now when I overspend I'm forcing myself to make investments to payoff in the future.

    A good example of how good this can work: Last pc purchase $1,400 ( also purchased 22 shares of Microsoft at the time. Today the shares are worth just over $3,000). Virtually the pc was free.

    submitted by /u/IATransplanted
    [link] [comments]

    A rookie investor post

    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    Good morning,

    I buy stocks on my own only to yield ; is it a good idea to hire a broker also?

    I mean they usually charge 3% but they focus on getting you as many gains as possible. I already own a home and I am looking to keep expanding my portfolio.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hipiri
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment