• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 7, 2019

    Being Sued despite receiving a bill and paying monthly Student Loans

    Being Sued despite receiving a bill and paying monthly Student Loans


    Being Sued despite receiving a bill and paying monthly

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    Good evening, I have federal loans which I'm on an income plan for, and I've kept up with. I also have loans from The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Texas has been sending me a bill in the mail each month for a low sum of about 50$and dumb me just thought maybe the income plan effects that too. Well wrong, cause I just got a summons, for the whole 46000 dollars I owe and so did my co-signer, my mother. Go onto the website that has since changed since I got those loans saying I should have been paying 400 a month and that I'm 12000 past due. I had gotten no notice of this, and they had just been sending me those bills and I had been sending checks back, thinking things were ok, and then bam, summons for me and my mom saying that they had been trying to contact me and they I had been refusing to pay my loans back despite cashing my checks. Gonna call once they open Monday to see if I can fix this mess or work something out, but I don't have 46000 or even 12000 to give and don't wanna be garnished or have my wife and I's tax return taken. Anyone else been in a situation like this, my mom is calm thinking this can be rectified without going to court but I'm terrified.

    submitted by /u/Snorkel378
    [link] [comments]

    Parent Plus loan question

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:48 PM PDT

    I apologize if this is a really stupid question but I just find the FSA website really difficult to navigate, how do I know if my PLUS loan was approved? In my documents I have the completed loan application and in my correspondence I have a credit acceptance letter. I also received an email saying that information regarding the status of my application was available on the website but I haven't found anything else besides what I mentioned before. TIA.

    submitted by /u/oliviaj1020
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have any luck getting a forebearance from Nelnet?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    Wife and I just figured out yesterday that what she always told me was grants from FAFSA was actually Federal student loans. So I thought we only had $35000 from Sallie Mae, we have an additional $42000 from Nelnet. I'm working on my PhD, (2yrs from graduation). Has anyone had luck with a forebearance? I would love to push these off a little longer, because between the two of us, we don't have the capital to make ends meet

    submitted by /u/VaughnStar94
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loan Advice

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    Hey guys.

    So I'm attending my first year of college this fall and I did the calculations and I would need approximately $6000 in private loans this upcoming semester.

    Do any of you guys have any specific recommendations for any private student loan vendors? I am specifically looking for flexible payment plans and vendors that won't charge an origination fee.

    Also, this may be a stupid question but, for example, if I choose a private loan with a 15-year payment plan and I pay off the actual loans in 5 years, will I still have to pay interest for the remaining 10 years.

    Any response/advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/bengaliboy23
    [link] [comments]

    Lost student loan refund check?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    Lost a student loan refund check 5 months ago and never addressed it or needed it. Now that I actually need it to pay for the rest of my schooling will I be able to get it reissued back to me? The check was $800.

    submitted by /u/Sacredgun
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to ask for my usual reduced payment plan and was replied to with a debt collector agency-wtf.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    I have a massive private student loan that I have been paying $20 on for 4 years now. The lender/servicer allows it. I have every email approving it in the last 4 years. I resend an email every 6 months and continue on with it.

    I emailed tonight and received an email stating an agent with Turnstile Capital Management will contact me on behalf of Younomics. I looked up the company and they're the only way to call Younomics, but it also is a debt collector agency. Wtf.

    submitted by /u/johnnyb1017
    [link] [comments]

    Subsidized Loan dumb questions

    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 12:32 AM PDT

    When would payments be due for the loan? What if i transfer from a community college to a university after the 2 years will i have repay then or after i graduate from the university? Can i pay off the loan early and if so would i pay any fees?

    submitted by /u/KBEXCLUSIVE
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loan Question / Help

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    When I apply for a student loan in person with Wells Fargo, would the funds get sent to the college I'm attending within the same day?

    submitted by /u/GhettyChippy
    [link] [comments]

    First generation college student and confused

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    Hey guys. So I'm a first generation college student and heading into my second year of college. Im so unbelievably lost and confused about my loans. My first year I had enough financial aide and scholarships that my fafsa subsidized loan was more than enough to cover my first year. Flash forward to my second year— I don't have any scholarships but I do have financial aide. FAFSA is offering me a Parent Plus loan, an unsubsidized loan, and a subsidized loan. I only have one parent who can afford a loan and they don't want to take out another loan. Do I have to have a parent plus loan? Or would it be worth looking at a private student loan?

    Just looking for a general direction to go in and tips. Thanks in advance

    Edit: I should add that I'm planning on moving if campus my spring semester, which would make my bill lower the second half of the year. But then I also have rent. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/tcharr1234
    [link] [comments]

    Public vs Private Loans for Law School

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    I will be starting graduate school (Law) in the fall. I am deciding between a low interest rate private student loan and federal loans for full tuition ($100K) per year.

    There is no maximum amount of federal loans I can take for my degree.

    I am leaning towards private since the interest rate is significantly lower. I'm not interest in PSLF and will be working in the private sector, so that's not an advantage for me. Are there any other benefits of federal besides flexibility in payment plan?

    submitted by /u/Dylanspencer19
    [link] [comments]

    Question about raising certified Cost of Attendance.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    I've maxed out my amount for this year academic year in graduate direct and PLUS loans, meaning I've reached the school's certified cost of attendance. However, I noticed that the certified cost of attendance is normally calculated for the student to attend August - May in the school year, and not June - July (which is what I assume leads to so many posts here regarding students not being able to afford attending in the summer). However, my program requires me to take a practicum course in the summer, without which I will: 1) not be competitive for continuing in my field 2) flat out not be eligible to graduate. They only offer this course in the summer, so taking it during regular semesters is out of the question, especially being a 2 year MS program.

    I've run the numbers, even with my family helping me as much as they can, the cost of the course ($6500 for tuition and fees) would leave me out of budget for the year. Would this be a strong enough argument in order to have my certified CoA raised to accommodate this? Or is raising the CoA really not possible, unless under extremely rare circumstances?

    submitted by /u/DavidBits
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to understand loan disbursement

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    I received a Direct Subsidized Loan for school in the beginning of the year for $1,732. I just got something in the mail saying "Your school plans to disburse the Net Loan Amount as follows" and then it said $866.00 twice. I looked it up but I'm still a little lost. From what I've seen online, the school is sending me these amounts? I feel dumb for asking but I don't want to mess anything up or end up having someone come after me for something.

    submitted by /u/eryore3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment