• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 10, 2019

    Accounting MRW the auditors are leaving after finishing interim testing

    Accounting MRW the auditors are leaving after finishing interim testing


    MRW the auditors are leaving after finishing interim testing

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    A perk of the job.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Hey Intuit - how about you take it down a notch, eh?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 11:35 AM PDT

    Bye Felicia ����‍♀️

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    Apparently, using a S-Corp is a tax loophole? (Source: WSJ)...

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    Farewell gift for a two year project

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    footage of accountants in industry (2019, colorized)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    On a PIP after less than a year in Big 4 and now questioning everything I’ve done in life. Just afraid I’ll never be able to hold down a job, be a loser, and taint my alma mater’s rep.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    I know I shouldn't let a few people's opinions of me influence my self worth, but I just can't feel at peace with this PIP looming over me.

    After getting it I was in shock. After work I was in a daze. I cried. I just walked and walked until I couldn't anymore. I've already tried my best (which clearly wasn't good enough).

    I just don't know exactly what I'm interested in. All I know is that I'm interested in what I'm good at and familiar with, which I can't achieve when my performance is contingent upon the amount of teaching/help I receive at work. I feel like no one is patient enough to teach me anything because 1) everyone is young and just wants to further her own career 2) I don't schmooze enough 3) some people know I'm a goner so they don't bother. It seems like people don't want me to succeed.

    I'm a year out of college and life just keeps going downhill. College was more stressful than high school and now real life is more stressful than college. Sometimes I just ask myself why I'm putting myself through hell just to earn money that'll allow me to continue going through hell. I know that sounds morbid and I tell myself that maybe I'm going through a rough patch because I haven't found my niche yet.

    I'm too ashamed to tell my family. Help my life and career.

    submitted by /u/yummycookie24
    [link] [comments]

    Public

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:11 PM PDT

    I don't golf, will I make it in public??

    submitted by /u/GaniB
    [link] [comments]

    When it comes to accounting, are Asian Females the most prevalent minority group?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    Not going to lie, but after touring public account firms and some industry accounting departments, that's what I noticed in California offices.

    submitted by /u/Articulateman
    [link] [comments]

    exporting to excel..........

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Obligatory peace out public post

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Lurker, but saw a similar thread and decided to get on board and share my experience for anyone curious.

    Interned and 2 FT busy seasons at a national firm, haven't passed any CPA parts yet but working on it.

    Was going to get promoted this month but got an offer for $89K + 10% signing bonus. Much as I would have liked to stay for the title and some senior experience, was hard to pass this up. Better benefits and bonus structure.

    Also frees me up for more time now to pass the CPA and advance my career, with more free time to work on my side hustles. We're all gonna make it, boys (and girls).

    submitted by /u/Psurocks26
    [link] [comments]

    So many Audit Accountants in this place. Any love for Cost Accountants in here?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    Don't really care about discussion so much, really just looking for some Cost Accounting memes.

    submitted by /u/ObnoxiousWhiteKid
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to just not “get it” (PA)?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    Why did you chose accounting?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:10 PM PDT

    Trying to decide majors lol, freshman in college and I'm stuck between Finance or Accouting but the reputation and depression around Accounting is making me confused.

    submitted by /u/BeIgianMessi
    [link] [comments]

    Would B4 offer a relocation bonus in my case?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    I accepted an offer in a different city about ten days ago now, I've completed the on boarding documents ... is it too late in the game to ask for a relocation bonus, or was that thrown out the window when I accepted the offer letter that didn't include one?

    I know I should have asked earlier and I've probably played this incorrectly

    submitted by /u/acctonthecomeup
    [link] [comments]

    Lunch with CFO

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    I recently had an interview and turns out the CFO wants to have lunch with me. I learned today that my family knows the CFO. I'm not planning on talking about this during the lunch, but I wanted some outside opinions on this matter. What should I prepare for? Keep the conversation casual? Professional?

    Any insight is appreciated!

    Edit: Typo

    submitted by /u/Choco420
    [link] [comments]

    B4 Hiring with little experience

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    I wasn't sure where else to post this so I was hoping that some people here might have some insight. I am currently an MBA student in a target school for the B4. I am most likely going to concentrate in MIS and go for IT audit or assurance. My GPA is currently 3.68 but will most likely be higher when fall comes around. I know that the B4 hires a lot of their summer interns for full time positions so I was curious whether they hire a decent amount of non-interns for their full time positions.

    submitted by /u/henrymega
    [link] [comments]

    KPMG management consulting case prep session - Canada

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    Hello, im conflicted. I got selected for the KPMG management consulting case prep session in Toronto, I have another commitment that day that can't be moved and im not sure if the session is worth attending. What's the likely hood of getting an interview (I'm looking for a coop for winter). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Urbanplanet80
    [link] [comments]

    For those of you who have worked with many different Accounting/ERP systems, which one did you like the most and which ones did you like the least? What did you like about them? What made you want to destroy your pc?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    Right now I am currently working with a new client that has Intacct (from Sage) and have never heard of the software. Made me wonder how many different types of software was out there.

    submitted by /u/Zeta909
    [link] [comments]

    Getting through the summer.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    How do you guys deal with how dead it is during summer? I'm still only part time so about 30 hours, but as a tax intern with maybe 3-4 hours max work per day I feel my soul slowly drifting out of my body. Missing the hustle and bustle of tax season to be honest.

    submitted by /u/Yennett
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys think millennials will change the public accounting culture?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    Not sure if it normal but a lot of my peers are definitely willing to speak up more regarding problems we have in our office. We're having high turnover as you would expect, but more in the early years (S1, A2). Not sure if this would wake some people up in management if this becomes a constant issue and to fix things or if it gonna be business as usual.

    Examples that were brought up in our internal meetings: - Lack of Flexibility - Overworked and underpaid - Staffing Issues - Fringe Benefits that the firm once offered

    submitted by /u/SeriousIntern
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment