• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 9, 2019

    Support young entrepreneurs. Entrepreneur

    Support young entrepreneurs. Entrepreneur


    Support young entrepreneurs.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:06 AM PDT

    I'm referencing those young kids selling lemonade, koolaid, Gatorade etc.

    You want to see a kids face light up, one who is just getting their feet wet with "entrepreneurship".

    Stop, engage and make it fun for them.

    I love stopping at the kids stands and negotiating, complimenting them on their product offering a suggestion.

    At the end of the conversation, I usually like the product so much that we just buy them out of product and let them keep the change.

    submitted by /u/pothole-patrol
    [link] [comments]

    South East Asian entrepreneurs in here?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:42 AM PDT

    Hi guys, was working in Kuala Lumpur for 8 months, went back to Europe for work but realized I wanna go back. The goal is to pick a suitable city (as of now Jakarta), make enough contacts, find co-founders (I myself work in Product Management) and start a business.

    As I love to exchange experiences, is there anybody here who works or has started a (digital) business in South East Asia? Where are you based and from? What's your overall experience? What roadblocks to be aware of?

    If there's enough interest, we could open a Slack/WhatsApp whatever group to stay in touch and have a regular exchange.

    submitted by /u/OverFlow10
    [link] [comments]

    Selling Hot drinks in the UK

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    Hey!

    To the people from the UK, london, i would love to start my own mobile tea/coffee business on a bicycle. I don't want to sell any food, only drinks. The question is, do i need any hygiene certificates or anything? I've been looking it up and i know that i will need permits for selling. But i can't find anything on just hot drinks. Obviously i will be having milk with me but i found a great mobile bike vendor that has a built in water tank and fridge.

    Thanks!

    Tommy :)

    submitted by /u/tommytomtom2
    [link] [comments]

    How to get your flame back?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    Hello Guys!

    I don't really know but I think I lost my flame ?

    I remember less than a year ago, I was in college getting hyped up on GaryVee and Grant Cardone and thinking big, really big. Multi-million realestate mogul, or SaaS, just reading this subreddit day in day out.

    However, ever since I graduated got a GF and started a job. I've lost motivation? Or buried it deep down?

    Right now I'm trying to get together capital to start a business or just to invest. But I've lost that fire, that whatever it takes mentality, that hustle the drive the thirst!

    Anyone else dealt with this before? Is it healthy?

    submitted by /u/aznology
    [link] [comments]

    Why does every ad platform besides FB/Google suck so much to use?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Microsoft is literally the only other platform I've tried that has the same ease of use and that's just because they flat out rip Google's platform. I tried Twitter a few months back, they straight up would not let me run ads. Said my account didn't qualify to run ads and wouldn't tell me why. Reddit is only marginally better than that. They've switched the access page to their ad platform and renamed it completely since releasing it. Then I go to run an ad. Budget is well above $5 a day, platform wouldn't let me set the ad because it kept saying my daily budget needed to be more than $5. Had to switch from a Lifetime budget to a Daily budget in the settings or it wouldn't work at all. Now my ad has been pending approval all day with zero notification as to when it will actually start running.

    No wonder FB has a monopoly on the ad market. They make it so simple that a baby could set up and run an ad, then they shove it down your throat and try to get you to buy ads with everything you do. Do companies like Reddit (or Tencent) actually care about selling ads? I'm pretty sure they do. FB has 80% of the ad market. It's not because their ads perform better or because everyone is still killing it on FB. It's because every other company makes it seem like you're doing them a disservice and inconveniencing them by trying to setup ads on their platform.

    You want a point to this rant? I see people post on here all the time about how every problem is solved and how can I make something when everything already exists? You don't always have to reinvent the wheel, sometimes it's sufficient just to improve upon the mousetrap design a little bit. Problems may seem solved from the outside but then once you actually experience them as a user, you realize there are fifty ways the process could be improved. /end rant

    submitted by /u/Bodywithoutorgans18
    [link] [comments]

    What did it take to pass the $10MM mark?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 01:46 PM PDT

    I know it takes hard work to execute and grow the company. But I'm asking about the other things that have gotten you there.

    How long did it take? What was it like to see your company hit $10MM? What did you learn that helped guide you? And any other great experiences you can share.

    submitted by /u/dbs314
    [link] [comments]

    App to take names, numbers, and emails

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I need an app that can take names, numbers and email addresses from customers when they come to the door of a business. i wanted install it to a tablet and have the customers fill out the fields. Does anyone know an app that is built to do this?

    submitted by /u/badass2000
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid question for a new business

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    Anyone have any resources or a "checklist" for the legal requirements of starting a business? Preferably for Canadians? I'm talking about things like Registering for a business number, taxes, name, incorporating, etc

    submitted by /u/davis946
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about door to door selling.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    So from time to time, I get people at my front door (phone calls too) asking me if I want this product or that service. %99.99 of the time I just decline their offer because I feel that there is no need for that service or product. Since I decline pretty much every door to door salesman I personally think that showing up at someones front door and asking if they want to buy a companies service is not very profitable/efficient.

    However, that is just my very personal experience with door to door selling and stuff related to that. However, if you are a door to door salesman or have had experience with door to door salesman how would you describe the efficiency/difficulty of door to door selling or telemarketing.

    Thank you if you have any experience or information with this.

    submitted by /u/jeffy173444
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here who has a anodisation line?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:30 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I want to step in anodisation business and I need any information and advice possible.

    Thankyou

    submitted by /u/zbona
    [link] [comments]

    How difficult is Affiliate Marketing?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    People who have experience in Affiliate Marketing whether it is with Clickbank, Amazon Associates or anything else.

    How easy/hard is affiliate marketing and what strategies have you used in it?

    submitted by /u/jeffy173444
    [link] [comments]

    How can a (new) startup establish itself on Twitter or Instagram?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    Hey,

    So, I'm at a weird spot in my entrepreneurial life. I founded a startup, got paying clients, have the ability to scale my operations, but can't approach big clients because our social accounts don't have followers (aren't verified)

    How the hell am I supposed to solve this problem?

    [The startup] provides podcast editing services to indie podcasts and networks, and while we are working with some big networks, I really want us to work with some celebrity Podcasters.

    The problem is we just can't figure out what to post on these accounts. For example, what value can we provide to our followers via Instagram to gain like 2k followers?

    I do think if we promote one random podcast every day from r/podcasts, we might gain some following, but would Podcasters be okay with that?

    I'd love some suggestions!

    submitted by /u/busynessguy
    [link] [comments]

    Selling snacks in a flea market

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    I decided to rent out a table in the local flea market and sell candy. I'm 17, I've been doing the whole underground candy selling thing at my highschool for 2 years.

    My first few days of selling candy were slow, I honestly might need to change up the products. Lot of adults and very few want candy as opposed to the highschool market

    Some other vendors recommended I sell beef jerky, a higher ticket item.

    Any recommendations on packaged snacks that I could get wholesale and would appeal in a flea market setting?

    submitted by /u/Alpha27145
    [link] [comments]

    Why Don’t Cops Have Taser Attachments?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    Why doesn't a company manufacture a taser attachment that cops can use before shooting and killing someone. Obviously it doesn't make sense to have both a taser and a pistol in your hands when confronting a potential threat but maybe a taser attachment for the glocks they already use would be helpful and potentially well supported by the movement against police shootings.

    submitted by /u/daez12
    [link] [comments]

    What should I major (and maybe minor) in to help me with owning and running a business?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    Hello there. I'm a 17 year old kid in high school and I know that I would love to own a business in the future. Within the next couple years, I don't know if I want to go to college but if I go to college I would like to learn some vital business skills that would be beneficial to a business. But if I do decide to go to college, what major and potentially minor should I choose that'll help me learn entrepreneurial skills like selling, marketing, and fees that come with running a business. Or should I scrap college and maybe learn some skills elsewhere and/or just learn by going through the ups and downs of running a business? I got some time to decide but I would like to look at my options and hear anecdotes of what y'all have done.

    submitted by /u/gsilakul9
    [link] [comments]

    "In it for the money" accusations don't make sense to me

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    I make adult coloring books, they're intended for stress relief. As an artist drawing illustrations it's actually a hard slog and I'm definitely not making bank. Every week I see amazing artists give up and pack it in, and every time I hear the same thing from their mouth. Customers have been accusing them of being in the industry for the money, especially when they leave because they aren't making money (they are losing it fast, not just not making any). Today in a few posts on FB I've seen other people get accused of being in what ever for the money as well.

    I'm lucky to not have been accused of this but if I was I would tell them straight to their face you're damn right I am in it for the money. I have to eat. I have to pay rent. I have to pay the costs of making this art and proofing and shipping books and promoting them. I should be paid and if I am not I am unable to sustain this. I should be able to make a living off this hard work and I won't be shamed away from my passion simply because I'd like to see it make money. I am not sawing peoples jaws open and climbing down their throats, taking their wallets with me as I demand a sacrifice to feed my money hungry inner demons, I just own a business and somehow that seems enough of a reason to accuse someone of this, especially if they are interacting/helping within the industry (without self promotion specifically). Since when is networking and making new connections or helping others considered evil?!

    I don't understand why being in a business for the money is a bad thing if you're a normal human being with morals and ethics who doesn't make money at the expense of others. All we are doing is trading our hand made books for their money when they ask us to, but somehow that's a bad thing if we are doing it to make a living? We didn't hurt or scam anyone so why are we dirtbags for wanting to make an income from a skill we have that people seem to enjoy? Doing something for money used to be considered honest and now it's an insult and a bad thing? And I don't understand why it's thrown around so wildly. It makes no sense. Is it jealousy? Is it misunderstanding? Is it actually bad and I am missing something?

    submitted by /u/Zygomaticus
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to launch a company with a mission

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    I am currently in the process of launching an organic energy drink. The mission will be to help promote mental health awareness. I want it to be genuine and not seem like a marketing gimmick. I am trying to work on partnerships with nonprofit organizations that help provide resources for people suffering from mental illnesses. I just want to get people's input on what else I should take into consideration to help promote the overall mission of the company. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Imthatguy96
    [link] [comments]

    Need help in the right direction

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    15, my phone flipping business failed due to reasons out of my control ( Facebook having terrible customer support), What are some new side hustles I can start? I've done a little ebay dropshipping and looked into FBA or flipping from thrift stores but those did not spark me as much as flipping phones did. I'm looking for a new way to make some money online, what are some things I can do besides the obvious overused ones like dropshipping, etc?

    submitted by /u/dalh2424
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't rich people hang out with poor people?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    Now I'll hang out with anyone and I don't care how money a person has. I used to hang out with poor and low income people all the time, a few were even high school dropouts or ex drug dealers. I noticed that the more involved I got with building a business, poor and low earners started to disappear from my social circle or I'd be around them less. My parents bought a second car so I take the bus less but it seems like the more my life improves the less I'm involved with poor or low income workers. Does anybody else notice this?

    submitted by /u/Thewriterswithin
    [link] [comments]

    Hey all, what are the best resources for learning dropshipping? I’m a student and really can’t afford to waste money, so quality resources are a must

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Honestly I'm so tired with trading hours for money because there are much better ways of making an income

    submitted by /u/baileyuhh
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do with an extra 5-8k?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    I'm contemplating selling one of my cars. I know I could get between $5-8k for it. I love it and would rather not sell it but I'm moving and it doesn't make sense to bring it. Since I'm most likely going to sell it, I want to have something smart mind for the extra money, so I don't just spend it slowly on things that come up. I'd rather have a new income/ asset of some sort. I have no debt, consistent savings/investing. The home I'm moving from, I own and will be renting out. I know it's not a lot of money but I've come along way from just spending extra money, I need some ideas.

    submitted by /u/GulfTangoKilo
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking advice to license ideas

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    I've been developing concepts for a line of horror inspired novelty products, but I'm not sure how to license them. Does anyone have any advice or ideas to get them in front of the right people?

    submitted by /u/MoistWalrus
    [link] [comments]

    Retail and Sales Data (specific)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:04 AM PDT

    I'm looking at selling some furniture.

    Made from CNC.

    I want to know what is going to sell before I begin.

    Where can I obtain sales data on the most popular types of CNC made furniture?

    Does Amazon, Ebay, Etsy provide this data?

    Or are there other sites that offer such information.

    As you can imagine, building gigs for furniture is quite expensive and time-consuming.

    I'm looking for data/information that will point me in the right direction.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/MaxMilen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment