• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 9, 2019

    How to develop and maintain the right sales mindset Sales and Selling

    How to develop and maintain the right sales mindset Sales and Selling


    How to develop and maintain the right sales mindset

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    I've been working in sales for over a year in my company. I've been doing pretty well and I was able to become one of our top sales agent for this year. But I noticed that for the past month or so, I'm being so complacent and lazy. I don't have enough clients in my pipeline to generate the right number of sales. Doesnt help that my direct manager is currently on maternity leave.

    Any books or methods to suggest to maintain discipline and keep going at the grind? Or how to have the right mindset?

    Or to keep going the pipeline full? I'm in B2C sales

    submitted by /u/leftychick
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good percentage of sales rep. reaching quota at a company ?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    I had an interview and asked the manager "what percentage of reps reach their quota?"

    He seemed annoyed by the question, said that the market is changing and the way the businesses are buying is changing. Some stuff about few decision makers making it hard to do so.

    So I tried to clarify and asked again. He said something like 20%.

    I don't know if that is good or not. My current company is at around 40%

    submitted by /u/Iusedtobeonimgur
    [link] [comments]

    Commission only

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    Does anybody pay "commission only" anymore?

    I need to hire sales people to expand my business, but I don't have the capital yet to pay a base salary or to pay someone that underperforms. I don't even have the capital to pay on a draw at this point.

    Are there still people out there that want to be independent sales reps with a commission only compensation structure?

    submitted by /u/hypnotika
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on cold calls for a small business owner.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:26 AM PDT

    I own an online retail store that's sold 13k units the last two years and I want to move toward selling wholesale to B&M stores around the country, specifically auto shops. I'm planning on writing a script for the calls and making a spreadsheet of the data. I'm curious what advice you guys have on how to approach doing this? What are the barriers to cold calling B&M, how do they generally react, etc.

    I'm making a script for:

    Initial call

    "Hi my name is X Y, I run an online retail store called X Y and I wanted to test one of my products at your location, so I'm wondering if I could get the phone number of who I might be able to talk to about that."

    Script for what the product is, why it makes sense for their shop, how many units I've sold, where the product would be in the shop, my offer of giving them 3 for free to test on their counter, and my wholesale price.

    If they say yes script

    If they say no script

    Voicemail script

    Any advice appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LunchLady3000
    [link] [comments]

    No Emotional Drive for Sales

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    To preface this, I am so exhausted.

    I have no emotional drive in me...that's what it feels like. Lots of depressing stuff (some deaths/sister had a miscarriage) and frustrating issues have occurred within my family and my fiance's family recently. It's weighing me down. Yesterday I witnessed a guy getting his head decapitated in a wreck and can't seem to shake the thought of it--so that's kind of the cherry on top.

    After all the crap that's gone on during the beginning of the year, I've used up pretty much all my PTO for sick and personal for mental health reasons, but that's not enough. It's extremely hard for me to even get out of bed in the morning for work.

    I work in telesales for a big company that's going through a lot of frustrating, pointless and detrimental changes (they went public two years ago so shareholders are starting to try and change policies/systems on the interior to feed corporate more money) and honestly, the changes are making it harder and harder for me to not just quit.

    This used to be a well-paying job 80 to 100k and now you're lucky to get 60k in a year. I'm tired of trying, feel generally burnt out even though I've used a crap ton of time already to try and "recover." My sales are actually pretty good--I got 1st in the nation in April, 3rd in May, but now for June...well June started this new "tiered" call system and it's just been killing us.

    I do have depression and an anxiety disorder with periods of hypomania--taking care of myself is easier said than done in telesales, especially around this time of the year (we get around 60 to 80 calls per day in peak).

    Is there anything that I can do besides going to a therapist and trying to persevere? I literally feel like death over here.

    Any advice is welcome.

    submitted by /u/Valkywrite
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my first sales job as a business development manager, any suggestions for a noob?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    Changing industries. 24 Years old and needed a change so I decided to get into sales for multitude of reasons I don't need to go into here. After a while I was able to break into a company that will look past my no experience because they like who I am and my attitude to being successfully in the role and proactivity I've taken. I start in a couple weeks.

    I've read a couple books such as gap selling, but no real experience. I don't have any business background or business experience. I'm selling for a recruitment/staffing agency where I get commission and bonuses for getting people placed in jobs and an okay base pay.

    I'll really need to know the ins and outs as to why a company should use a staffing agency to begin with, let alone ours to be able to sell the company and our service. I'm trying to find out the areas a business struggles when it comes to recruiting and hiring before I start so I can make the training go as smoothly as possible and to start being successful in the this position.

    I've started to do some research myself but I'd like to see what this thread comes up with without mentioning what I've seen initially but will update later most likely.

    Any advice will be very much appreciated as to why a company will be intrigued to using a staffing agency vs their own recruiting teams, for small, medium, and larger businesses.

    Also, is fanatical prospecting the next thing I should read if prospecting is the next area I'll be researching? Or is there a better book / source to learn the ins and outs of prospecting?

    Sorry for typos / grammar I'm on my phone.

    submitted by /u/throwawayreddit2585
    [link] [comments]

    How to get peoples attention?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    I'm going to be doing a marketing event for my newly started business.

    Product: Examination past papers.

    Venue: Exam halls.

    Basically I'll be pitching my organisation, from which they should get past papers for the subjects they'll be having in the next year. Venue seems perfect, as loads of clientale, and its at the perfect timing as students just completed their final exams, and will be needing past papers to prepare for their next year.

    Pros: Cheaper then competitiors, while quality being almost same.

    So, how do I get the students attention as they leave the exam hall? Approximately 200+ students will be giving exams. Wishing to get attention of groups of 5-10.

    submitted by /u/t3kra
    [link] [comments]

    has anyone used www.mails.wtf to find and verify emails

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    As the title says has anyone used the site http://www.mails.wtf/ to find and verify emails and found it to be accurate and effective for cold email campaigns?

    Its more cost effective then hunter or anymail finder

    submitted by /u/rojo1986
    [link] [comments]

    Huge month and my boss asks me to talk to new hires about things I do to be successful. What do I do?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    Last month was my biggest month with the company. I'm one of the top guys on the board week after week.

    So this week my boss asked me if I have a few minutes to talk to him in his office. On the way he grabs a few of the new hires.

    We sit down and my boss asks me to share some of my tips about how I've been successful. I explain that I commit to outside of work training, pod casts, sales books etc. One of the guys wanted to know how I manage my time, how I'm able to make so many calls and handle all of the after the sale admin stuff after the sale while still prospecting.

    So I share as much info as I can. A few tips, some books I've read, and some misc time management tips about a 30 minute meeting with everyone taking notes.

    What does this mean? Did my boss just want me to get the new guys pumped up? Or does he see me as someone that could help with training in a managerial role? What should I do? Should I just keep grindin and see where it goes?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/johnanthonysales
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best books and resources on combating sales head trash (aka attitude & behavior)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    You could be making money, but instead you're sitting at home on reddit.

    As self-motivating salespeople, we usually start off by studying scripts and practicing, but the topicof how to get your sales attitude and behavior down isn't really discussed.

    Head trash is a negative belief you have about a prospect or customer that kills sales. It's a mental roadblock, the "I can't" or "I shouldn't" that pops up, or the habits that cause you to not be great at what you do.

    There are tons of books on sales, Spin Selling, Question-Based Selling, Fanatical Prospecting, all stuff on what to say vs actually saying it.

    So I ask, do you know of any great sales resources on this topic? Sandler covers this but doesn't bring up other resources: https://www.sandler.com/blog/head-trash-five-mental-roadblocks-salespeople-podcast

    submitted by /u/jakeinmn
    [link] [comments]

    I work for logistic company out of college

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    Good morning,

    I started working for a logistic company after college at 25. They offer supplemental commission from GP I earned until you reach the threshold of earning regular commission. My question is how to get better at this job or is it just timing and luck? Second sometimes I feel like there are better inside sales job and I was wondering what field would have better commission and product? Where do I go from here having career development.

    They say it takes two years to reach 55k-60k where I work

    submitted by /u/vitro15
    [link] [comments]

    Question about creating a script

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    I've been doing inside sales B2C for 4 months, just got promoted to a role that gets the best possible leads after being ranked #1 out of like 650 people for a month on the lower tier leads so I'm doing something right. Thing is I don't have a script, I have some parts of my presentation that are similar every time but I feel like I do better when I'm improvising around a basic structure.

    My conversion is on par with the top performers in the new role but I feel like I could make more closes if I trimmed some unnecessary fluff out of my pitch. I don't really know how to approach doing that cause my style is so improvisational. Some of the guys that are better than me definitely have a script so I feel like to take it to the next level I should at least try it. Basically I think I talk too much. How do I identify which parts of my pitch are essential vs. just taking time away from my next opportunity to close?

    submitted by /u/CockDieselBrickhouse
    [link] [comments]

    Going to start a remote sales position, any advice on how to work from home?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    I'm going to accept a remote sales position and this will be my first remote position. All my previous jobs have been in an office so I will be by myself.

    Besides being disciplined in getting my work done, anything else I should know about working remote?

    submitted by /u/jcbayarea
    [link] [comments]

    Laid off guy (updates and further advice)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    Hey its me again. I am the guy who got laid off on Thursday. Here is whats going on now.

    I was currently in the L.A market. I aggressively reached out to a bunch of companies in the bay area and have several interviews scheduled next week. That was cool. However they are all in the bay area. I was planning on moving there anyway so why not now.

    I am thinking of getting a month to month and then spending the next month interviewing like a maniac.

    submitted by /u/lostinthesauce129129
    [link] [comments]

    Vehicle Acquisition

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    I do vehicle acquisition for our dealership though the KBB Instant Cash Offer program. I've done it about a year with adequate results and I would love to elevate my monthly numbers. Does anybody have any advice, tips, or processes they would like to recommend?

    submitted by /u/scruffy9988
    [link] [comments]

    Forced to cold call unqualified leads

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Most of our leads are very well qualified and great prospects. For some reason I knew company has come in and is giving completely unqualified leads that have no idea who we are and what we're doing. And for some reason I don't know my bosses are super excited about them. I'm being required to cold call them. Worse, we are supposed to all be excited about it.

    submitted by /u/EvilDomGM
    [link] [comments]

    Quantity Vs quality

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    Hi folks, in your experience, is it more efficient to: 1. Devote more time to building relationships, meeting, servicing and upselling existing customers, or 2. Finding new customers/ expanding your customer pool? Obviously this depends on many factors. I would like to know your thoughts. How do you split your time between the two? 50:50? 80:20?

    submitted by /u/SouthernAssociation
    [link] [comments]

    My partner and I set initial client meetings on the same google calendar. Is there a saas tool that will take both of our personal calendars into account before offering open slots on our business calendar?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    For example, I'm [jon.doe@gmail.com](mailto:jon.doe@gmail.com). He's [ron.doe@gmail.com](mailto:ron.doe@gmail.com). Our shared work account is [hi@doebrothers.com](mailto:hi@doebrothers.com).

    Is there an appointment scheduling app that can scan his personal email, my personal email and then offer the client an open slot on the shared work calendar?

    submitted by /u/1dundundun
    [link] [comments]

    Fortune in the Follow Up

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    Has anyone felt they have mastered follow up?

    As in you have a system of contacting people at certain intervals, birthdays, phone calls, etc. I have a list of 100s of people who are open but need follow up and dripping on

    submitted by /u/dottywine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment