• Breaking News

    Monday, June 3, 2019

    Parade Insurance? Insurance

    Parade Insurance? Insurance


    Parade Insurance?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 11:34 PM PDT

    I am a member of a not-for-profit (501c7) social organization not unlike a Mardi Gras krewe. We own a fleet of parade floats and participate in 3-4 parades a year. We pay an entry fee and of course the parade is insured, but our drivers must use their own personal car insurance. We have had difficulty getting drivers due to this.

    Is there some kind of parade insurance we can purchase for our drivers individually or ourselves to cover our drivers?

    submitted by /u/leilalei
    [link] [comments]

    Michigan Auto Insurance

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Michigan's Governor Whitmer recently signed a new auto insurance bill. What wre your thoughts on it?

    https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/30/michigan-auto-insurance-law-whitmer/1284738001/

    submitted by /u/PondPenguin00
    [link] [comments]

    Why the difference in these two car quotes?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    Same company

    1. 1999 vw polo 1.0 175000 miles 350euros
    2. 2000 Renault Kangoo diesel 1.8 225000 130euros

    Could it be that the first car has had many claims on it? How would I find that out?

    submitted by /u/robologoin
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about a career in insurance, but not sure if it’s for me or what to even go into

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 10:05 PM PDT

    I've been thinking for a while not about getting into the insurance field, it seems to always come up when I'm sitting and thinking about my career. It seems kind of like it's calling for me, but I'm not sure what part of insurance to get into. So my hopes in posting this will be that someone out there sees it and is able to point me in the right direction. A little bit about me:

    -I'm 28, I live in the Southeast USA, and I have some college but no degree.

    -I can be high energy when needed, detail oriented, and very patient. I'm great at training people to do anything. My last job I traveled around the US to train at a quick service restaurant chain around the country.

    -I have a knack for identifying talent, I've hired and developed many leaders that have gone on to do great things and loved every minute of it. Empowering and developing others is a passion of mine.

    -Customer service is always top of mind for me. I always tend to think 2 or 3 steps ahead and never lose sight of the customers' perception of everything, because that perception is reality. Out of all the years I've worked with the public I've never had a single customer complaint and I've always been able to defuse situations with other employees pretty easily

    -I can troubleshoot like it's nothing. If there's an issue going on I can ALWAYS come up with a solution or at least get us started in the right direction.

    -I can figure out ways to improve businesses, whether it be a people problem or finding ways to spend less money by identifying weaknesses in processes I'm a work horse. I get into somewhere and learn everything I can about everything, on and off the clock. Because of that I've risen as far as I can rise in every job I've had since I was 16

    -I UNFORTUNATELY can sell and talk people into things, I say unfortunately because while I enjoy that because it increases business, I'm not a fan of the grind that is involved lol. I'm not saying sometimes I crave that grind but having to make cold calls and "bother" people isn't really something I'm fond of. I was raised to respect people's time, especially when they're at work and even if I can get a sale or something out of it I hate disturbing people and catching them off guard.

    • I'm always looking for ways to improve a business, and when I go out shopping or out to eat I always look at ways to improve those businesses (even though there's nothing I can do about it lol)

    If anyone can offer me any kind of insight, that would be amazing. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/NowOrTater
    [link] [comments]

    Adding landlord as "additional insured" to liability renter's insurance

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 08:47 AM PDT

    We are looking to rent a house. In the lease there is a clause in the insurance portion that states: "Tenant shall obtain liability insurance, in an amount not less than $50,000.00, naming Landlord, and, if applicable, Property Manager as additional insured for injury or damage to, or upon, the Premises during the term of this agreement or any extension".

    Can anyone explain to me what this entails? Is this shady or normal? How will this help/hurt either party?

    EDIT: Thank you guys for all of the responses on here. While I guess it's more common than I previously thought, it still seems that this clause does a lot more to ensure the landlord's protection than it does my own. So I will be calling my insurance company tomorrow to get their feedback on the scenario.

    EDIT 2: Just got off the phone with the broker and it turns out we don't need to add them as "additional insured" after all. They just want to see that we have renter's insurance with liability coverage. So the point is moot! But thanks again, everyone. I learned a lot.

    submitted by /u/theyretheyre
    [link] [comments]

    What will claims adjuster ask me in regards to a car accident via phone?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    I was in a minor fender bender accident with a business car and I am thankful no one was injured. I was in an area where I wasn't familiar so I wasn't paying attention. Also, had my phone with me with my GPS on sitting on the passenger side. It was a side collision that occurred. I didn't look at the damage to the other car. I called the police and my insurance at the time of accident.

    An insurance claims adjuster left a voicemail saying that she needs a recorded statement and it takes 10 minutes in reference to what occurred in the accident.

    Also got an email saying that she needs additional information about this loss so that she can gather a better understanding of what happened and assist me with my claim.

    submitted by /u/larryote
    [link] [comments]

    Taking cash in lue of insurance claim

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    If you get into an accident and the other party wants to take a cash payment rather than make a claim to your insurance, what stops them from taking the cash and then making a claim anyway?

    Can you get them to sign something? What would you have them sign?

    submitted by /u/micearegrey
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go through car insurance or pay out of pocket?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    I'm cross posting from /r/personalfinance. I got some feedback from there, but I also heard contradictory things.

    We were parked next to a car, and when we opened the door, it caused a scratch and dent to that car. There is no damage to our car.

    As you can see from the pics, the dent is in the creased part of the door.

    My deductible is $500. So if the repairs to their car costs less than that, I'll just pay them out of pocket to have it fixed. However, one body shop quoted them $2,000, which frankly seems quite excessive.

    Someone said that I would not have to pay a deductible since the damage is not to my car. However, I'm also concerned that this would cause my rates to go up. I'm using GEICO.

    What's my best option here? Should I call up GEICO to see what they would do, even if I don't end up filing a claim? I'm trying to get some other quotes in the meantime.

    Another option is to switch providers if GEICO decides to increase my premium since there is no police report or any incidents filed from either party.

    submitted by /u/couscous_
    [link] [comments]

    Will an old Lexus car insurance still be greater than a regular car?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    I was thinking of getting a used 2007 Lexus but didn't know if the insurance on it would be higher than a normal car even though it is 12 years old. Any input would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/themagicalasianhobo
    [link] [comments]

    Hit a deer last August; can I still claim on it?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    My insurance covers comprehensive damage, and right after the accident happened there wasn't much visble damage to my car and it still ran without any issues but as time has gone on cracks became visible and the front bumper sags. I'd rather pay my $500 deductible than $2,000 in repairs, can I still make a claim? Can I say it happened a month ago or during the winter?

    EDIT: My dad told me I had 2 years to make a claim on something like this; I'm asking here because I DON'T want to commit fraud. I just want to know if that's true

    submitted by /u/paradeiss
    [link] [comments]

    I got into a small fender bender to a person in a rental car, only damage is a scratch

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 03:27 PM PDT

    I got into a fender bender with a guy in a rental car, there was barely a scratch to the paint, and 0 dent. He did not get the rental car insurance for his vehicle. I was at fault and a police report was filed. He was nice and said he would try and get the vehicle turned in without them noticing, but knowing my luck, that won't happen.

    What are the steps I need to take? Since it was barely a scratch(0 dent) I would like to pay out of pocket for it, but seeing as its a rental car, it might have to go through insurance.

    Any advice for what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ChIcKeNsToMoRrOw
    [link] [comments]

    Guy hit my car, has no insurance

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    Do I get a "mark" against my insurance if I file a claim for this under uninsured motorists? It's been a week, and I am waiting to get estimates before deciding to file. Is there a time limit? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/justmedownsouth
    [link] [comments]

    How to get affordable supplemental liability protection for rental car ?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I am renting a car for a multiple state road trip from Hertz in NYC.

    I do not own a personal car, and thus do not have auto insurance. I have Chase Sapphire preferred for a 'collision damage waiver' but nothing for 'supplemental liability protection'.
    I am not a US citizen and will be driving the car on my foreign licence.

    The Hertz 'supplemental liability protection' (SLP) is really expensive. Especially since I am getting it for 3 whole weeks.

    What other options do I have ? SLP is mandatory in many of the states I will visit so I have to get it.

    I would prefer being able to get it online, since I am staying in a small town in the US.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Screye
    [link] [comments]

    We had hail damage on a rental car after another driver hit us and was at fault. Who pays for the hail damage?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    First car accident today - will my premiums increase?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    Fortunately, no one involved was hurt but scary nonetheless.

    Driving in the right lane in a two lane road. Going about 35-40 MPHs when I approach a shopping center parking lot to my right. Vehicle proceeds to make a right hand turn, heading into traffic and into my car, without looking. I proceed to slam on my brakes and I take a quick glance in my side mirror and no immediate car to my left so swerve to avoid t-boning the car in front of me.

    Crisis averted, at least I thought until a car directly behind me pulls ahead but side swipes my front fender about 3-4 seconds later.

    His car barely scratched but I have a large dent in my front fender and a ton of chipped paint.

    The car that pulled out of the lot runs off. Cops arrive and I explain the story and unfortunately, he says I am at fault as driver in left lane maintained his position while I swerved into his lane to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me.

    Now, I would say I have at least $2K+ worth of damages on my car. Perfect driving record for over 15+ years and first fender bender.

    I have Allstate but I do not have the accident forgiveness option. I am in NJ - chances that my insurance goes up?

    I am grateful it wasn't serious as I had my family in the car but trying to set expectations on what will happen next as I will certainly need to claim this.

    TIA.

    submitted by /u/butters1214
    [link] [comments]

    Just had a small house fire and need advice please.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    So earlier today, we had a fire in one of our rooms in our house. Luckily only possessions were damaged and I was able to get the fire out before it got too serious. Looking for advice on what steps I should start taking. I have already contacted my insurance agent. We had a projector and a motorized theater chair destroyed in the fire along with carpet melted around the area of the fire. My entire upstairs smells like smoke and soot is covering a lot of things.

    I have already started making a list of everything destroyed but what should I do about potential smoke damage?

    Should I leave everything be for now and not start cleaning until the adjuster arrives?

    Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ftballplyr05
    [link] [comments]

    Why does every major auto-insurer have what appears to be dozens of affiliated companies?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    I'm searching for Complaint Ratio Reports on the NAIC website cause I'm shopping for a new auto insurer, and each of the largest insurers by premium from this source has 10-20 related companies, most of which have no premium/complaints on record.

    Further still, Some of these bigger ones spouting $10B in annual premium or more only has a measly $500M of premium on record when I manage to locate the "correct" company at all.

    I work insurance on the Life/Health side and I thought it was odd my company was made up of like 3-5ish different companies but that appears to be very standard.

    Anybody an expert on corporate structure and is able to explain?

    submitted by /u/MuphynManIV
    [link] [comments]

    Rental Reimbursement? How does it work?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Hi I have rental reimbursement on my auto insurance. It is coverage for a rental vehicle in the event my car would be in the shop due to a claim...

    I was recently in a minor accident and I got a quote from a repair shop and it's estimated to be done in 4 days. I would need a car for commuting from home to work and back so I definitely need a rental car. I just don't know how much it is.

    Will my insurance cover the rental charges?

    Edit: I forgot to add I was at fault in this accident if that matters

    submitted by /u/larry_ben
    [link] [comments]

    Question about filing a homeowners insurance claim after a tornado with a recent zero paid claim

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 05:21 PM PDT

    Writing this on my phone bc our internet is out, so I apologize for formatting for spelling errors.

    Our house was in the path of one of the tornadoes that came through western Ohio this past week and, while we got extremely lucky compared to some close to us, we still have some damage to take care of. Down trees that took out some fence, busted windows, busted pool equipment, and a ton of glass and debris and possibly water damage in one of the rooms with a window out are the main things.

    What complicates this is not too long ago (months) I got some bad advice on filing a claim on what I initially thought was storm damage resulting in a pretty significant leak in a second story window (ironically one of the windows that got busted) causing water to flow to the first floor and out a window directly below it. Ended up ripping out some drywall, finding mold, and it turning out to be some longer term damage that previous owners knew about (at least about the leak itself) but never took care of. I ended up paying out of pocket for the water and mold remediation bc it wasn't worth it based on our deductible but the window has yet to be fully repaired for various reasons... mainly haven't found a contractor that will give me a satisfactory answer on holistically fixing the problem and not just blind patchwork or immediately ripping the entire window out of the wall without trying to diagnose the problem. All in all, I have a zero paid claim inside of one year.

    As far as this recent damage goes, I've been collecting estimates on the various work that needs done, taking pictures, documenting everything, etc. My question is, am I screwing myself in some unforeseen way by not going through insurance right away? My plan was to collect the totals for the estimates and make a judgement call in order to avoid multiple claims in a short timespan if it's only a small multiple of the deductible. Just want to make sure I'm not accidentally doing something stupid for a second time.

    submitted by /u/tornadothrowaway262
    [link] [comments]

    Is there car repairs insurance?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Is there an insurance company where it will cover any car repairs and maintenance? I don't mind paying a monthly amount for the peace of mind of knowing I don't have to pay tons of money when my car has broken down.

    submitted by /u/kabard
    [link] [comments]

    Michigan. 23 years old. new job and new insurance

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    So long story short, I got a good new job paying around 35k a year and before was making only about 20k a year and had medicaid and my mother also does ( im a cancer survivor and when originally given this insurance my mom had to quit her job to help take care of me in hospital... its been 6 years since then but just a backstory and why we both have medicaid.)

    I am under 25 so I believed I would still be under my mothers insurance so i declined my insurance from my company and new job! From declining it theyre giving me 150 bucks extra a month to use my own insurance (which would be my moms since im under 25, right?).

    But now im not sure If im under my moms insurance, and now since I declined my works I cant reapply for work insurance? Am I breaking the law by accepting the money from work and not having insurance? I still am not sure if im under my parents, but since im under 25 here in Michigan I assumed I would be under my parents still? Its only been a few months at new job, so I believe if needed I can get insurance on my own? Any insight or suggestions to how this works since im under 25?

    Any help or suggestion is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ToxYixs
    [link] [comments]

    Will someone please explain the “Sheshed” State Farm Commercial?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    African American couple, burning shed, and she's on the phone to the insurance company saying "Someone burned down my sheshed." Her husband claims it was a lightning strike, but he's also massively traumatized and borderline catatonic. Emotionless and despondent. She is wearing clothes, and he's in a robe, like some kind of lobotomized mental patient. What is up with this fucking guy? Is he in shock?

    submitted by /u/Localman1972
    [link] [comments]

    A tornado came through my city

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    On Monday evening my city was hit with tornados and I had to trees fall in my yard and on power lines which broke the pole and put it into my garage roof. The utility company's contractors are out here today and before they could start working they needed me to sign a document stating that I can not hold them responsible for damages to my person or property. I signed it because I don't want to prolong the time that my neighbors go without power but it bring the question; If these contractors cause damage during repairs on the utility lines and tree removal will my insurance cover it?

    submitted by /u/Eevermore
    [link] [comments]

    Not-at-fault

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm not really sure what to do because I don't get in accidents much. I backed into another car, and the lady was nice enough to not blame me for the accident. She said that we both backed into each other. The police officer came and he said this is a non reportable accident. So we exchanged info and when our separate ways. What is the next step for me? Do I report this to my agent? I'm kind of scared that the premium of my car would rocket up, but again, I have a tiny hole in my car that needs to be fixed.

    submitted by /u/FrostyDoubt
    [link] [comments]

    28yr old first-time car owner and auto insurance shopper

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    I'm 28 years old, perfect driving record. I have have been car-less my whole life though I've rented and/or driven my parents' car from time to time. I will be buying my first car in ~4 months and of course shopping for insurance. Is there anything I can do now to get me a batter rate, for example having my parents add me to their policy? Also will my rates come down 6mo to a year in assuming driving record doesn't get worse? Would be happy to receive any other tips!

    I live in Nevada and rent an apartment (don't own a home) if the information helps.

    submitted by /u/geekjock
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment