• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 8, 2019

    Meaning of 'Let's keep in touch'? Sales and Selling

    Meaning of 'Let's keep in touch'? Sales and Selling


    Meaning of 'Let's keep in touch'?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. Learnt a lot by lurking here daily. Am into selling software development. Been getting some responses via my cold email campaign (and even on Linkedin) along the lines of 'this isnt something I am interested in or need right now. But let's keep in touch'.

    What am I to understand by this, apart from the obvious bit that they are not going to buy in the near future? For now, I just thank them for responding and mention that I will keep in touch. What do you think? How should I engage with them and when should I pitch again?

    submitted by /u/dis_is_da_real_life
    [link] [comments]

    Starting the sale with executives?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    Have any of you done selling at small executive conferences? I may be joining a couple other folks in doing this for a martech startup I consult with. This one is CMO's.

    I've done the solutions/consultative closing part of this, because I have the experience and expertise (15 years) for it, but not the networking mixer start of the sale. It might actually be best for me to just mention my expertise in mktg and ad strategy and go from there.

    Any tips or learnings that might help?

    submitted by /u/briancarter
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had experience with prospecting on facebook groups?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    Im wondering if theres some limit on # of messages I can send per day haha

    submitted by /u/2016pantherswin
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Phobia

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    I just started a new position an auto dealer BDC appointment setter. I've spent the last two years working in a different industry and was in a way a verbal punching bag most days. I'm only two weeks in but I'm in a way terrified of making outbound calls. I have it in my head I'm afraid they will answer because if they do they are going to be mad I'm bothering them and yell at me.

    I know deep down what's in my head is just that, in my head. Yeah there will always be a few that are actually mad you called, but most that submit info online know the deal nowadays (at least I think). So I'm just doing my job by reaching out to assist in an appointment. Yet the past few days before beginning work I'm feel deeply sad and am in a way dreading going to work.

    My wife says it's because my head hasn't adjusted yet after being in an extreme toxic environment for the last two years. I understand that. I just don't know how to handle this. For now ordered The Body Keeps The Score.

    Anyone went thru similar or maybe managed some employees where something like this has happened?

    submitted by /u/The_Kalmado
    [link] [comments]

    Breaking into sales for something I am passionate about, helping fellow veterans. Selling job postings.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:09 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and looked up anything close to my question but did not find anything.

    Quick background: Current Business undergrad (operations/technology management) USMC vet Enjoy helping people and thought about counseling but is not as competitive/challenging as I'd enjoy, but I do take a lot of my personal time helping other vets with resources, tips for resumes/interviews, and educational information.

    My question is, does anyone have any experience with selling job posting slots to hiring managers/HRor recruiting a certain demographic? Is there a certain approach you've taken and seen what works best? Whether they care about the type of culture an individual will bring to the company or how much of an asset they can be. WHO should I be talking to about this within the companies? Is selling job postings slots a lucrative or extremely volatile position? For now this would be "part time" commission based but if I can help even one person out that would be great!

    submitted by /u/Phazem
    [link] [comments]

    Starting/Running a Sales meet up group

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    Hey,

    Does anyone have experience in being part and/or running a Sales group intended to assist with Networking, Resources, Training, etc? I've seen several around the country but I wanted to see if other Sales pros actually are getting valuable information and experience from these.

    My area doesn't have one and I've thought about starting one, Can anyone share their experiences or thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/ArtofTheHustle
    [link] [comments]

    Are cold calls more effective if you send a letter first?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    Do you think cold calls are more effective if you send a letter (postal service) first?

    submitted by /u/astillero
    [link] [comments]

    Pharma, med devices, biotech. How different are sales careers in these fields? How easy or difficult is it to land these jobs and do they have entry level jobs?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    Cold emailing & medical sales

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I'm completely new to the medical sales world. I need to sell a surgical device to surgeons and hospitals. I plan on cold emailing them. However, what should I put in the email exactly ? Anyone have a successful template that they use ? And what is the purchasing process like? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/emily-girl
    [link] [comments]

    Help for an introverted sales person

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    I work for a sales agency that contracts to a banks visa credit card program. My job is to go around to gas stations, and grocery stores (assigned to me by the company) to advertise their stories affinity card (ie. Exxon Visa, Safeway Visa.etc). Our sales target is 2 applications per hour. Now this sounds easy enough, and to some people it is, but im having really bad luck. Don't get me wrong, I have great sales days, but mostly I've been having less than great sales days. It's been more of the ladder lately.

    My issue is I am generally very introverted. Sales have allowed me to get out there and now I am more comfortable with people, but my brain likes to default to as little human interaction as possible. This brings my motivation very low, combined with a lot of negative response from potential clients.

    To put it into perspective, I am interested in how other sales people would get over that in my field and best ways to motivate myself to put myself out there more and hit targets. Any advice would help. Thank you

    submitted by /u/neznumber3
    [link] [comments]

    Temporary sales job that doesn't require a degree

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    Hi all, I am looking for a job in sales before I enrol into a university next year. Are there any jobs that I can take that doesn't require a degree, willing to take me in temporarily for 7 months and just need me to be highly motivated and willing to learn?

    I am looking into becoming an entrepreneur and I believe a job in sales will help me achieve my goal of starting a successful multinational company.

    submitted by /u/4hrowaway20472
    [link] [comments]

    My comp plan is abusable. Should I take advantage of it?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    I'm an SDR and our comp plan is stupid. We get paid on a sliding scale based on how many discovery calls the AE does, not how many we book and then clawbacks for no-shows.

    Here's the issue: It's tiered. So if I set 20 appointments and it happens as 5 discovery calls a week, I make $600. If I set the appointments in a way that it happens in 2 weeks of 10, I make $800 because tiers.

    Abuse looks like this: Week 1 of the month - Set appointments for week 2. Week 2 - Set appointments for week 2(same week.) Week 3 - Set appointments for week 4. Week 4 - Set appointments for week 4(same week)

    Is this the type of thing I'd get fired for? This is my first SDR job so idk if this is a good idea.

    submitted by /u/wstruin
    [link] [comments]

    How do we deal with deception?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Bit of background - I moved from ops/engineering to outside sales (B2B) a couple years ago, moving into biz dev now, all with the same company. As I reflect back during my transition, I see my account's deception/lies and inconsistencies have impacted my effectiveness winning business and made me very uncomfortable ethically. Basically, I am honest and transparent, that gets taken advantage of. I strive for honesty and consistency, but those qualities seem to work against me in this field. I've learned why they call sales the dark side! I understand some of the dishonesty from clients is part of negotiations, and some of the internal corporate dishonesty is competitiveness. Frankly, seems like I'm lied to more often than not. I've adapted and accepted. Perhaps a small percentage of that goes away with better relationships, but we all have metrics tied to $$.

    The manipulation, inconsistency, and deception are not personal traits of mine. So I want to convince myself to be more slick/shady, without the guilt that comes with. Are there any personal tips/tricks/personal manipulations used I can convince myself to be more deceptive, creative, competitive?

    submitted by /u/readanon44
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s talk compensation (and commission caps)

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    Let's talk compensation in different fields and geographies. What's your base salary? Commission structure (%?). Earnings cap? Other perks? What's your industry and geography?

    If you can specify, how much sales revenue to compensation?

    submitted by /u/throwawayFIdude
    [link] [comments]

    Joining an underperforming sales team

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:32 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience joining a sales team for a product that is highly regarded in their market, but the sales team underperforms (new target segment, new territory, etc) and has had success or failure?

    I'm looking at a new opportunity (won't disclose the name for obvious reasons) in the big data space where the current team is not hitting quota. The sales manager says the reason is that they have not had proper/consistent leadership(the manager is newer as well) and do not prospect, but the product seems to be highly regarded in the market from research on different publications and review firms (Gartner, Forrester, TechRadar, etc etc).

    Everything about the product and company sounds good other than current metrics, so any similar experience or advice would be helpful. Anyone been there and have success or horror stories?

    submitted by /u/200lbs_always_200lbs
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Loan Sales MCA

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    Has anybody done cold calling for merchant cash advance loans?

    They're high interest loans for businesses that don't qualify for a bank loan. I know a landscaper who used one, bought another mower and trailer, and because of that made an additional 60k last year. The loan was for 9k and he ended up paying back about about 13k.

    I only mention that to avoid "they're scams". Most people don't fully understand why anybody would use them, but they have their purpose.

    I'm just looking for tips from anybody actually experienced in selling them over the phone.

    submitted by /u/CharlieHustle3210
    [link] [comments]

    Transition from law to sales - is it possible?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I'm a J.D. who is two thirds of the way through a judicial clerkship, but I can't bring myself to apply for legal jobs. I absolutely hate being a lawyer. I honestly don't remember why I went for a J.D. It's such a horrible fit for me.

    I've been looking at alternative careers for J.D. holders since apparently a J.D. teaches you skills that are transferable in other areas. I've looked into things like real-estate and sales. I'm still learning more about sales.

    I was just wondering, is it possible to get into sales with a J.D.? Would having a J.D. be a strength or a weakness?

    I personally don't mind starting over. I have no problem with long hours (I was basically trained in working long hours).

    I would appreciate any feedback.

    submitted by /u/WestFromTheEast
    [link] [comments]

    First time sales rep job, what to expect?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:06 PM PDT

    In the medical field, but currently unemployed. Was thinking of doing medical device sales, since yah know that is what I am familiar with already and was target customer.

    I guess my only perception of sales job is cold calling and presentations to high status people.

    Is there a sales job where I primarily just email or manage current accounts? Is there a different title for this job, than sales rep? If you didn't realize, I want to be able to just work from anywhere in the world on my laptop.

    Standard payment type? Salary and low commission?

    At the end of the day though, the sale only goes through if the customer likes the product, right? The sales rep just spits out information and matches the best product or service with the customer?

    submitted by /u/MusclesBrah24
    [link] [comments]

    Why Sales?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Hello friends!

    I recently started as a Sales Intern at a large tech firm, and my fellow interns have very diverse backgrounds.

    With that being said, What was your background before sales, and why did you choose sales?

    submitted by /u/chazdoobie69
    [link] [comments]

    I am completely new to sales and need help with a good format for a commission agreement

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    I started working selling products from an international company in my own country, it is the first time I work as a commission only and was asked to send the company a commission agreement before we can proceed doing business.

    I am selling fertilizers, and I get a base price so if I sell anything above that price is my commission. I dont work for the company but I am just an intermediary looking for clients in my region.

    I am completely at a loss here and would appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/edu8591
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback / Experience using Reply.io

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    Hi has anyone had good experience with them? I'm using trial version for a small professional services business. Thanks

    submitted by /u/SnoqualmieHunter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment