• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 9, 2019

    Insurance on a vehicle with a salvage title Insurance

    Insurance on a vehicle with a salvage title Insurance


    Insurance on a vehicle with a salvage title

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Recently my truck was totalled through no fault of my own. The damage is substantial but only cosmetic. I'm keeping the truck and getting a reduced value payout from the other persons insurance, but now I have to get it titled as a salvage vehicle. The replacement value of the truck was only $2500, it's old.

    I am currently working with my auto insurance to get coverage on a salvage title vehicle. My question is, what if someone else hits me again and it's not my fault? Will I get anything at all from their insurance since it's a salvage vehicle?

    Thanks for any information.

    submitted by /u/sunparakeet
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance Help

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I need help with my auto insurance. I bought my first car yesterday and now I am finding a car insurance for it. I only have my learners permit and have poor credit because I am new to the country. I got a quote from some insurance companies and I get $350-400 a month. I am never able to pay that amount. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/wildfire71-
    [link] [comments]

    Wet spot on ceiling of first floor. Call insurance, plumber or cut a while myself?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    I bought the house a few years ago. In the kitchen there were some spots on the roof where there had been water damage in the past, but was always dry when I checked it.

    Fast forward 4 years and I just checked one and it's damp. I have pretty minimal condo insurance in Florida. Would it be better to try cutting into the ceiling to repair myself or do I call a plumber first or insurance first?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/roboinvestor
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance in another state

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I just bought a really nice running civic for $950 in NC. I am a California resident here on a 2 month internship and I want this as a project car to get to work and fix up a bit for fun (costmetics mostly). Prolly gunna sell before I leave. The seller still has the car as we will be getting it notorized Monday. Have not paid yet.

    I'm looking for insurance plans and I just realized I have no permanent address here... any advice on how to move forward with getting insurance and registration?

    submitted by /u/alldaynikka
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Company Paid Wrong Amount to Lien Holder

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    So wanted to reach out and see if anyone had an answer for this. I had gotten into an accident and was told my car was to be totaled. Insurance company had told me the value of my car and were going to send the lien holder the amount. Thing is that the worth of the car is worth is more than what is owed on the loan so I would be getting the extra cash back to me. Problem is I got an email saying that the amount I was supposed to get was paid to the lien holder and have heard no word on where the rest of the money is. Trying to figure out if this was a clerical issue screw up or am I screwed and have to pay out of pocket to the lien holder.

    submitted by /u/fredrex00
    [link] [comments]

    Is my car insurance screwing me over? Or is my vehicle really totaled after minor hail damage?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    Here's the story. I had a trusty car for many years that was unfortunately wrecked after being hit by a drunk driver 6 months ago. The guy wasn't insured so my insurance sued him in court, they instructed me to do nothing with the vehicle until the suit was final. Well, I still needed to get to work so I bought a cheap car for the meantime, a $900 beater that just needed a part replaced. I replaced that part in a shop (and the shocks/struts, but I did that repair myself) and now my new car was great. I insured it with Geico with comprehensive insurance ($50 deductible), because I hoped that eventually my other insurance would pay out for the first accident and then I could sell the car I just bought. Didn't want it damaged in the meantime.

    Three months after buying the car, a huge hailstorm comes through my city and dents my car, as well as cracks my windshield. Overall I have about fifteen minor dents and a crack that extends about a third of the way across my windshield. So I file a claim, because that's what I thought my comprehensive insurance is for. The woman comes out to inspect and says my car is totaled, because in my state if the damage is 80% of the blue book value of the car, they won't repair it and will consider it a total loss instead.

    On the paperwork online it says I have something like $3,875 of reported damage from the inspection. That's not including the windshield, which they said was "prior damage." Why? Because the crack wasn't "consistent with hail," ie it was unusual. The claims woman said she can only write hail on a windshield claim if I had physical evidence that proved it was a physical ball of ice which hit my car; somehow, she doesn't need this proof for any of the other dings and dents.

    Does it really make sense that a hail claim would total my car like this? Am I going to lose money? I'm honestly pretty lost that now I have two totaled cars within a year, neither incidents my fault, but both of which causing me headaches. Geico won't even cover my vehicle any more; worst of all, they say unless I want to buy my car back from them, that they technically own it now. WTF.

    submitted by /u/whoop_there_she_is
    [link] [comments]

    29yrs old (never had a car accident, 1 speeding ticket) How can I lower my car insurance bill?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    Can I get some advice on what to safely lower on my car insurance coverage? I'd like to lower my bill, I have no idea the correct rates and if I'm paying something that I don't need.

    attached is my current coverage :

    https://imgur.com/pG9js8k

    BTW I have health insurance and life insurance

    submitted by /u/scirodesign
    [link] [comments]

    Should my SO put me on his insurance policy for the month he's away?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    So my SO is going out-of-state for the rest of the month. He's leaving his car with me so I can drive around when I need to. I only plan on going on short trips between work, home, and the grocery store since I don't have the means to splurge and go out anywhere extracurricularly. He's worried about me driving because he said if the police pull me over and see that I'm not the owner nor on his insurance, they will tow his car until he gets back, which would rack up a lot of money staying in the lot for a month or whenever that hypothetically happens. I'm not completely sure if that's true as the car itself is already insured, although I'm not too keen on the rules as I do not own a car. I do have a driver's license though. I've driven his car before, it's just that this will be the first time that I'll have it for an extended period of time. I'm a fairly safe driver and have never been pulled over in the past. I don't have my own policy or anything as I do not own a car.

    I'm located in TX, if that matters.

    submitted by /u/WholeWheatBricks
    [link] [comments]

    To submit or not to submit pip

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:12 PM PDT

    Hypothetically, if a spouse were to run over the other spouses foot accidentally on their own private property and neither party had health insurance, would it be better to pay out of pocket or claim for personal injury protection on the car insurance.

    Additionally, assume the driver owns several other vehicles and the extent of the injuries are not yet understood but appear not to be catastrophic.

    Edit: extra to

    submitted by /u/victim_of_technology
    [link] [comments]

    Getting coverage after leaving job

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    I will be leaving my job that current pays like almost all my insurance. I will be leaving end of July to start a business and have little to no income. My understanding is I need to use healthcare.gov and that leaving work counts as a change so that I can get coverages thru the marketplace. I am a young healthy male who will go from making a decent wage to peanuts. I don't know what to say my income is for getting prices. Do I use what I made so far this year at that point or do I say what I will be making once I am on marketplace insurance after leaving my job? I've probably made 30k before tax by the end of July. From August to December I'll have a negative income from business startup.

    submitted by /u/FrugalFire7
    [link] [comments]

    Will Allstate pay without seeking damages on a personal accident policy if there was negligence involved?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:30 PM PDT

    So I got knocked off something that clearly should have had railing with a nice few foot drop off the other side

    I have one of those accident policies that pays you cash when you get injured

    Will the insurance company pay then try to sue the home owner for having something that's out of code?

    submitted by /u/R_EYE_P
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice - new car, rear ended, saga continues.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    I'm confused as to how the general insurance process goes for filing a claim.

    Who/what/where/when/etc:

    I was at a stop light, with a passenger. Full stop in my two month old suv. Gal rear ends me.

    We pull over, I call for police through star link. Police come, give me a case number. I have photos of both cars, a photo of drivers state Id (looked up her record, she's young, license suspended, many accidents, can't pay, the whole worst case shebang there)

    I call progressive. There's a lot of back and fourth as I was a day a way from a work trip out of state. It's now been two weeks and after giving the adjuster all of the information written down I receive a voicemail saying that the license plate she scanned does not match for the type of car the gal was driving. She asks in the voicemail for me to call back and asks how I would like to proceed.

    I'm not sure at this point what's going on. No one has asked or upon offering taken any photos I have. I have no clue how this license plate dealio figures in as between my info and the police report should have everything.

    I also had my car ceramic coated prior to this, and my detailer said he could do some sort of auxiliary claim to get that covered to coat the new bumper once I can fix it?

    I have no clue what I'm doing nor do I know anyone to ask. I have no family to ask at this point or others. I'm just trying to make sure I don't get screwed more than already out of the deductible when we were literally sitting at a dang red light.

    The car shows sensors being messed up from the accident too, so it's not just a simple new bumper I'm guessing? Do I take it back to Subaru to have it looked at? (New forester)

    I'm at a total loss of how to proceed. Reddit gold and platinum to anyone that can really help me here. This is my first new car ever, and man this whole situation sucks/puts on a load of stress that I'm not sure how to get through.

    Thank you!!!!

    submitted by /u/beansterkins
    [link] [comments]

    Filing a claim vs paying out of pocket?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:58 PM PDT

    I am a 23 year old male living in GA who recently backed his car into a pole in a parking lot. I have an auto insurance policy with a $1000 collision deductible. The damage did not appear too bad, but I have received one informal quote so far to repair the damage and it was $3000-$3500. I thought this was high for the amount of damage, but I know next to nothing about cars/body work so I plan to get more quotes. I have recently gotten this car and I plan on it being my car for the next 5-7 years so I would like to get the damage repaired. The paint is also chipped a little bit exposing the metal so I am worried about rust in the future. I understand that if I make a claim on my insurance then I will be on the hook for $1000 plus my rate increase. Does anyone have any insight to how much my rate may go up (currently $210/month and the policy expires in September)? Depending on more quotes I could pay around $3000 out of pocket, but it would put me in a pretty tight spot for a few months. I am thinking about filing a claim, paying the $1000, and then paying for my mistake come September and many more months to come (presumably until I turn 25) or is that a terrible idea? Thanks!

    Edit: changed to "collision" from "comprehensive"

    submitted by /u/ml456789
    [link] [comments]

    Denying coverage for this liability

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello I just got a mail from my insurance company saying that "We're denying coverage for this liability-property damage claim." and I'm not sure what this means.

    The accident never happened, police came and clearly said it's not our fault but my neighbor still filed a claim. We never able to contact our agent so we couldn't talk about it. Is that mean that it's our fault or something else... this is my first time having this so I'm very confused... thank you

    submitted by /u/Seventeenlife17
    [link] [comments]

    Can an Insurance Company Still Deny An Injury Claim If

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    They already accepted liability?

    I was in a car accident a couple of weeks ago and it was the other drivers fault but unfortunately it was on private property so I could not get a police report. However, right away the driver admitted that it was his fault and quickly handed me over his insurance information assuring me that they will pay for everything. The next day his insurance (Geico) calls me that a claim was made and that they were gonna take care of everything. My car was already repaired and they paid for it. Does them paying for my damages count the same as accepting liability?

    I'm also going through physical therapy because of my injured back from the accident and already started a injury claim with them. Is it possible that in the future they can still deny paying for my medical bills and try to deny fault even though they already payed for my property damage?

    Sorry for the long post!

    submitted by /u/Jonnyboy010
    [link] [comments]

    Above coverage, now what?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    We live in FL, my wife was rear ended while waiting to make a left turn. We both (driver who hit her and us) had 10k policies. And we had no health insurance. We've quickly exhausted the 20k in Dr bills. Now what? Are we on the hook for the future bills? Attorneys said they can't help us so I assume we're screwed. Also looking for advice on what coverage should we change to for future. I know nothing about insurance and didn't know this 10k limit was a thing until now...

    submitted by /u/amazonkevin1254
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance rate suddenly was raised without explanation- should I switch insurance providers?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit! About a month ago I got a car insurance policy ($100k/$300k) with Allstate for $120/mo. I noticed after the first bill, they hiked it to $155/mo. The car I currently have is a 2009 Mercury Milan, with 120k miles on it, also have never gotten a ticket or caused an accident. So, do you think I should dump them? If so, do you have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/BP4044
    [link] [comments]

    Waiting on rental reimbursement.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    My wife was in an accident, other driver fully at fault, our vehicle total loss. We didn't have a rental vehicle policy, so we were told to submit the reimbursement to the other party's ins co.

    We are being told my ins hasn't submitted subrogation , so they can't pay the reimbursement yet. My ins co says they haven't sold the salvage yet, so they can't submit the subro.

    Since my claim is technically closed, aren't I entitled to the reimbursement amount immediately, or within 30 days? Do I need to be nagging my company?

    submitted by /u/snarfmioot
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with my health insurance, if possible.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    I am a member of CareFirst insurance, a company-subsidized by Maryland Health Connection (MHC). Earlier this year, my subsidized healthcare was temporarily suspended due to the government shutdown. There wasn't anyone to submit the forms to CareFirst. As a result, my insurance went from well under $100 to $425. Because of this all of my health costs have increased exponentially, and all my meds I have had to pay out of pocket. I had thought that the situation had been resolved, but unfortunately, it has not. After my QHP was reinstated, I was sent a request form asking for more information for my QHP.

    The due date to turn in the forms was April 27th. I sent the forms via USPS on April 9th, I have the records that show that I submitted the forms, witnesses, possibly even footage of me submitting the forms from the post office. CareFirst sent a bill for the $425 they wanted now, but due to my own negligence, I missed it. By May 23rd, I received an email telling me that the information needed didn't arrive. Due to the busy nature of my situation, it was lost under other emails. By June 6th, I saw the "new" bill and I immediately made calls and made my way to the county health department to get this sorted out. Thankfully it was. However, it won't take effect for a few business days, meaning not until after this weekend. The MHC lady said that I might still have to pay $425. I attempted to turn off autopay, but when I tried to log in to my CareFirst account it would not let me in. I used the same password as always, but it kept saying that it was wrong. I tried to change my password by asking me for my birthday, again it said it was the wrong birthday.

    During this situation with the login, I was charged the full $425 that was in effect even though I was assured it had been resolved. Is there any way I can negotiate this?

    submitted by /u/Emperor_Libra
    [link] [comments]

    Can i purchase comprehensive car insurance after an incident has occurred?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Title. I feel like I know the answer will be no, it's fraud, but I wasn't sure. Windshield cracked today and I don't have glass coverage

    submitted by /u/BeigeSofa
    [link] [comments]

    Can I have two separate states on one auto insurance policy?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    Long story short: I moved to Virginia and would like to stay on my parents auto policy for a few more cycles while I get settled - my parents live in Pennsylvania. Once I get my Virginia plates and registration, can I stay on their auto policy or will I need to get my own?

    submitted by /u/A2I_WWJD
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a new Geico claim adjuster?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    Got in an accident. Guy made a stink and sent claim for investigation. They approved my claim and said get it fixed. When I give my car to the shop can I get a new adjuster?

    submitted by /u/SniffMyFuckhole
    [link] [comments]

    Repost/Update, the problem was Concordia University (my employer: eConcordia)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    Not sure why this was deleted

    New Update: The reason why I was rejected was because when they retroactively tried to fix their error, they did not go back far enough to when I should have been granted insurance. eConcordia continues to play games with me despite the state I'm in and refuses to take responsibility. Not for the psychological and sexual harassment and not for the insurance.

    https://theundergroundman646.com/2019/06/05/long-term-disability-great-west-life-go-on-sick-leave-before-getting-treatment/

    submitted by /u/undergroundman646
    [link] [comments]

    Underinsured with state minimum

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:48 AM PDT

    I was driving a friends truck and rear ended another car, I don't own my own vehicle so don't have auto insurance, I wasn't named on his policy, it still covered me but only up to state minimum (CA $5000). Other driver also only had minimum coverange, no collision coverage. No injuries and hardly any damage to friend's truck, but the other driver's car was damaged.

    I have heard from the other driver, she has told me that her car is totalled, she does have some medical expenses, car hire cost and a few other expenses. She says the total cost is likely to be close to double the insurance limit I am covered for so she will be suing me for these costs in due course.

    I Know I will be liable for anything above the $5000 insurance limit but I'm unsure about how the process of it all works. So let's say her total costs come to $9000, will it mean her suing me for the full $9000 and the insurance pays $5000, then I would have to pay the outstanding $4000? Or will the insurance just pay out the $5000 limit and leave her with suing me for $4000.

    submitted by /u/SparePollution
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment