• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 6, 2019

    I broke an insured saxophone on accident Insurance

    I broke an insured saxophone on accident Insurance


    I broke an insured saxophone on accident

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    So the other day i bulked a 9,000$ tenor saxophone at school. We were preparing for a concert and i was alone in the wardrobe. The sax was lying on top of its case, and i tripped on it. The girl who owned it said the repair might cost 3000$ to 3500$.

    Thankfully it is insured, but it is quite new (was made in summer of 2018 i think. Yesterday i admitted to her what happened, and she took it really well, and said the sax would be fine.

    Today i got a text from from a teacher to come see him during lunch. BTW all this took place in Norway.

    Will I have to pay? In that case, how much? Will the insurance company cover the damage? I'm currently in a pretty bad financial state, so i'm really fucking worried.

    EDIT 1: grammar

    submitted by /u/krizzyy1
    [link] [comments]

    A question about NAICS codes and Risk Reduction Recommendations

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 02:44 AM PDT

    Hoping someone might be able to help me with some information about what Risk Reduction Recommendations are and how they relate to NAICS codes.

    I have a small business client which I'm helping to guide them through integrating NAICS codes into the new SaaS they are building. That's not much of an issue as I'm familiar with the BizAPI available for the codes. They are asking if it's possible to integrate "Soft Risk Reduction Recommendations" by industry code as well. When I asked for more information they basically just to me I'll have to call an insurance company to find out (??). I do know a couple people working in the industry but they were unfamiliar with any relation between the codes and the recommendations my client was referring.

    Does anyone have any information on what these recommendations are and if so, if there's any publicly available database for them? Any info much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/kingfiasco
    [link] [comments]

    P&C Licensing - CO

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    Hi all! I was offered a job in customer service with a local insurance agent, pending getting my P&C licensing. I am brand new to insurance, and am currently looking for books to buy to help study! I definitely am going to pick up 'Insurance for Dummies' to get my feet wet with the jargon, and I'm leaning towards doing the self-study through AD Baker for prelicensing. I would love any book or course recommendations!! Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/kineapplepie
    [link] [comments]

    What is your best way to deal with 'radioactive' clients?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    If you are in a client-facing role, I am sure you have seen them. The ones you don't even touch unless you absolutely have to. The dangerous clients that can blow up into a firestorm of extra work with no warning at all. The ones you would love to get rid of, but are forced to put up with because you know they will climb the chain to your boss's boss to complain about you if you piss them off.

    Let me know how you deal with them. Do you have a tried-and-true method to calm the firestorm or convince them not to come back to you?

    submitted by /u/quarkwright2000
    [link] [comments]

    Less refundable depreciation

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    I received the ACV payment from my insurance company for my house fire. It was sent to my mortgage company. It states a Less refundable depreciation section for $10,560. I asked my adjuster about this and he claims that I should receive a check for this amount upon completion of the replace and repair. Is this actually what will happen or is their something else that should occur

    submitted by /u/trademark823
    [link] [comments]

    Insurers of reddit, what are the curent trends and interesting insights about insurance?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    Lately I've been getting more and more interested in insurance through my work, tho I'm not directly working in the insurance field (i'm a consultant -sort of), but some of my recent clients do. And, to keep up with their needs I obviously gotta keep in touch with how the market is evolving.

    I'm French, so I've read about recent European regulation (IDD), but i've learnt a lot as well about "APIsation" of insurance services, the fear of news comers to the market like Amazon or Tesla, etc.

    As said in the title, I'd like to know what, in your opinion, is concerning/interesting to know about the insurance market? Are there any new business models spreading? What are your thoughts on the things I've just said? :)

    submitted by /u/jean_cule69
    [link] [comments]

    Any Insurance Institute of canada students over here?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    Dental insurance

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 10:33 PM PDT

    Im not sure where to post this but what's the best dental insurance out there? Where can I get it? Currently live in California. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/king_dickenson
    [link] [comments]

    Security told me an older lady scratched my car and only left a note because she was told to

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    I was at the hospital today and a security guard approached me and told me an older lady scratched my car. The guard mentioned that she wasn't going to leave a note until she was told to. The lady's car was a corolla with scratches all along both sides and on the back bumper, taped up front bumper, and messed up mirrors. It looked like she had been driving up against some walls. There are minor scratches by my back right wheel about (1 inch -2 inch max) and on my rim , probably could use some buffing or paint. The post it note she left was grimey looking and it has her name and number. I have no idea if I should pursue anything or even call this number. I'm not even sure they're in shape to pay. What do ya'll think I should do?

    submitted by /u/KRDiend
    [link] [comments]

    new insurance adjuster, help please

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    just got my 620 adjuster all line license and want to get in the biz, every job I see on indeed keep asking for Bachelor's degree or 4 year of experience.... how did some of you get your foot in the door? really looking to get out of sales and into auto adjusting please any kind of help will help. Got 4 kids(not mine) to look after and this is my only shot to really start making some money

    submitted by /u/JayRodriguez_
    [link] [comments]

    Concerning Vehicle registration, insurance, and Drivers license whilst traveling.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    So lets say I'm from Maine. Vehicle registered there along with Maine ID. If I proceed to drive to Washington and stay there for a couple months, is my insurance company or local police going to be okay with that? If anyone has any knowledge they could drop on me please do. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ITrashICanIKidI
    [link] [comments]

    Auto property damage coverage

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    The maximum coverage that I can get through my carrier for property damage is 100k. I live in an area that has a lot of Tesla Model X's and other $100k+ MSRP cars, so it's possible to hit that limit in an accident that involves just one other car.

    Many states have a 75% or lower threshold for declaring a total lost. Hypothetically, if an accident causes $90k of damage (repairs + diminished value + whatever else), and the insurance company decides to declare a total lost on a $120k car, does a $100k policy cover this accident, or would I owe the other party for the remaining $20k?

    submitted by /u/a102193
    [link] [comments]

    [USA] Cross-country roadtrip in a rental car. How does insurance work?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    Auto Claim

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    Feeling like an idiot on my end. I rear ended someone and filed a claim with my insurance. Was told by my claim rep that my collision ded was $500 and I had rental. They set me up with a rental and the body shop was doing an estimate. I got a call from the body shop and he went over the quote with me. Then he said when he done with the work I can pay my $2000 ded. I was shocked and went home and check my insurance docs. I found I did have a $2000 ded and no rental! Now I'm worried that I'm going to be sent a bill for the rental. I'm accepting that I will have to pay the $2000 ded but I can't wrap my head around that they said I had rental and even set it up for me. I don't know what to do and I feel like a moron because I should have checked my policy. I live in Arizona

    submitted by /u/Helpimaidiot
    [link] [comments]

    Coverage for 1 mo gap in employment [CA]

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    My fiancée and I just finished graduate school in California, and our student health insurance plan is expected to end on Jul 31. We will be beginning new jobs, which come with benefits, on Sep 9, in Michigan.

    This leaves us with a slightly more than one month coverage gap. The school is not offering a COBRA-like program. It also looks like this year California has eliminated short-term health insurance.

    I'm not sure what my options are. I have been looking into healthcare sharing ministries, like this one, but I'm unsure if they're a good way to go. We're young (mid-twenties), and have a reasonable amount of savings, but I don't necessarily want to roll the dice on having no coverage, since we'll also be doing a lot of traveling/outdoors activities, which could lead to unexpected costly accidents.

    Thanks for any help you can provide!

    submitted by /u/cal_investor
    [link] [comments]

    Small Collision

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    An older gentleman hit me today when he stopped at a stop sign, then rolled through it without noticing me. I saw him in the corner of my eye, swerved, and honked. He stood on his brakes but still swiped my rear quarter panel. He admitted full fault, and asked if I'd be willing to settle without insurance. It just looked like paint transfer. I got his insurance information, and went straight to a trusted body shop. They pointed out about$900 worth of damage. I called the other guy back, he said to claim it on his insurance. I didn't obtain a police report, we'd both moved to get out of traffic and the local cops said it was a civil matter if we moved from the accident site.

    HOWEVER - I can't get in touch with the Hartford Insurance Company. I've requested multiple call backs, and get disconnected every time. What happens if I ask my insurance company to handle this for me? I have liability and comprehensive, and uninsured motorist.

    1: will Gieco help?

    2: will they jack up my rates if I report it to them?

    3: is there anything else I need to do with the other driver? He admitted full liability to his local insurance agent already, and was very apologetic that it happened, and said he hadn't had an accident in 20 years. I feel bad this happened, but not my fault. I was hoping I wouldn't need to paint half my car. :(

    In Florida. I'm 23. Vehicle paid in full. I carry comprehensive, liability, and uninsured motorist coverage.

    submitted by /u/rvsidekick6
    [link] [comments]

    Have not been paid my deductible and it’s been a year.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 01:35 PM PDT

    I have a question hoping someone could help me with.

    I'm an Alberta resident and I was rear ended May 2018 at a red light in Alberta. It was a hit and run situation. I had a passenger in my vehicle at the time. We got a description of the vehicle and the license plate number. I filed a police report and made a claim through my insurance. I paid out of pocket the $500 deductible to get my rear bumper fixed.

    I received a letter a few weeks later from Alberta Collision with a report highlighting the description of the accident and the other parties name and address who rear ended me. I then sent my insurance company the copy of this along with the police report I filed.

    Here we are a year later and I still have not received my deductible back from the other parties insurance company. I've called multiple times to get an update and the final answer they gave me is that I will not be receiving my $500 deductible because the other party has not paid it. The insurance claim has gone to the subrogation group and the debt is now in collections because the other party has not responded to requests for payment.

    Ive never filled a claim before or have dealt with a situation like this. My question is, since my insurance company knows who was involved in the hit and run, wouldn't that parties insurance company be help responsible for the damages, not the actual person? Shouldn't the party's insurance company have to pay?

    submitted by /u/chelseamyou
    [link] [comments]

    Charged for insurance before coverage was approved?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 01:17 PM PDT

    Location: Michigan/USA

    My wife turned 26 in on May 20, losing her parents coverage. We have already started the process to get her coverage through the healthcare.gov marketplace. On May 28thish, we spoke with a phone rep who told us she would get coverage on June 1, and we were charged $294 to get coverage started. We were also charged $41 dollars on June 1 for the life insurance coverage that came with

    Now we're being told we have to mail in documentation to verify her info(drivers license) and proof of loss of coverage(which we have and are mailing in). They are now telling us it will be a few weeks for the paperwork to be reviewed and updated on her account. We cannot see the application on our end, but all the phone reps we've spoken to have confirmed they can see her application. We can see an application on her healthcare.gov account from November 2018, however we never went ahead with that application because my insurance told us we could add her to my plan(turns out that was false because my plan is grandfathered in from pre-ACA days).

    My question is why were we charged the $294 + $41 if coverage was not immediately approved and paperwork was still required in order to confirm the special enrollment period?

    submitted by /u/Salomon3068
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with having two Health Insurances?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    My wife is a W-2 employee of several different companies, but works on a as-needed basis. Some weeks she gets 40+ hours, some weeks she gets 0.

    I am a full time employee that receives health insurance from my employer. In January I was given an expansion of my benefits, one being adding my wife to my companies health insurance with my employing covering 100% of the monthly payments.

    My wife just got promoted to a permanent part time (24 hours) position at one of the companies she works for, which includes health insurance with that company.

    My question is, what are the cons, if any, to having two different health insurances? Both premiums are 100% covered by our jobs.

    We both live and work in Washington State.

    submitted by /u/Jesuslookalike
    [link] [comments]

    GEICO Auto Cancellation Fee??

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 12:12 PM PDT

    The title may be a little misleading but that's basically what it is. Here's the story.... I had been with them for a few years and had 5 auto policies (3 vehicles, golf cart, and trailer). The wife and I have perfect driving records but our rates crept up every 6 months. Once it reached $200+ a month, I demanded they lower my bill or I'd leave (taking homeowner as well). They assured me that they could offer nothing lower without reducing my coverage so I switched insurers.

    My homeowners was switched on the renewal date but my auto was about 20-25 days into the new policy. Obviously, I had already paid for the first month, but after I cancelled, GEICO sent me a bill for $111.XX. When I questioned them, they said that in NC, they recalculate your insurance to a daily rate if you cancel early.

    No one at GEICO has been able to point out in my policy (the one that I signed/agreed to) that my rate would change to a daily rate if I cancelled early, nor is anyone willing to explain to me how this rate is calculated. So while everyone is very careful not to call it a "cancellation fee", that's exactly what it is. Any time I've ever switched from one insurer to another, I've always received a refund check. And I've lived in NC my whole life.

    For the past few months, they've sent me emails reminding me of the balance and threatening collections. And every month I've responded assuring them that I do not owe them anything, nor will I pay it.

    That said, is this legal? I've read of something similar happening to a few other people but never saw the resolution. How can GEICO legally charge me money without being able to produce a document with my signature agreeing to pay it if the conditions were met, and/or without providing any documentation of how they calculated this fee? If it is legal, then they can charge any amount to anyone in NC who cancels early and say it's a recalculation to a daily rate? By my math, they essentially took monthly premium and doubled it when they recalculated my "daily rate" (since I paid about $202 for 20-25 days, plus they're trying to bill me another $111).

    I have no intentions of paying it and I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can legally fight it? If/when it goes to collections, can I just continue to dispute (in writing) with collections and keep it from affecting my credit? At this point, it's more about principle than the money. I feel like this is a very sly/deceptive business practice that none of the other insurers I've dealt with have tried.

    Can anyone from the industry shine some light for me? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/joshw0000
    [link] [comments]

    Professional Liability for Small Business

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Hi r/insurance,

    My mother runs a very small online business where she sells worksheets and school activities and knitting and craft patterns on the internet. She doesn't sell physical products and the business runs entirely out of our home—everything she sells is digital, distributed by two online ecommerce platforms, Etsy and Teachers Pay Teachers. She recently started looking into freelance writing and writing articles for a blog and things like that. She emailed the company that currently insures her existing business to ask them about adding authorship to her policy, to protect her from things like plagiarism claims and various liability issues (I'm afraid I don't understand insurance super well so I don't fully understand all of this), but the insurance company called her and told her that she had NO professional liability protection at all—the only thing the existing policy (that she's been paying for about 8 years) covered was things like slip-and-fall damage (which doesn't apply since customers never come to our home or anything like that) and there was nothing to protect her from copyright trolls or anything like that. When she set up her existing policy, the person explicitly asked her if she was "creating content" and made a note in the policy that she was doing so, the person she talked to (this was kind of a long time ago) never told her that she wasn't protected professionally. My mom is very concerned, she has contacted a bunch of insurance companies, one gave her a quote for a cyber policy and a professional liability policy, these policies are MUCH more expensive than what she was paying before and they cover a lot of things that don't really apply to my mother, for instance the cyber policy covers data breaches—like if she gets hacked and someone gets information about her customers, she'd be covered if someone tried to sue her or something—the thing is, due to the fact that she works through ecommerce platforms and sells digital products, her interaction with customers is really, REALLY limited, the only information she has about them is their name, the city they live in (for tax purposes), and the email address associated with their logins. My mother is concerned about going without an insurance policy because she is not an LLC (and becoming one isn't really practical for her because separating her assets from the business assets isn't really possible) and she is concerned about someone trying to sue her and go after everything we have (even though she does not plagiarize and tries really hard to ensure that all of her work is original and that no one can accuse her of stealing stuff).

    Does anyone have any advice on what my mother should do and how she should handle this situation?

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/352Fireflies
    [link] [comments]

    Long-Term Disability Insurance

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    My employer is located in the state of Maryland, but i work only in California. I want to opt-out of their group long-term disability insurance, but they said it's mandatory. Is this true for my situation?

    I plan on calling the insurance company to confirm at a later time. I plan on buying my own policy that has better benefits.

    submitted by /u/drotc
    [link] [comments]

    Please respond? ?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    What is an acceptable length of time to receive a response to an email sent to my insurance adjuster? We are mid claim. I don't want to be overbearing, but I am waiting for a response to emails sent last Thursday and Friday.

    The emails had receipts and claim info for items they may have missed vis a vis the Dwelling Line Item Detail.

    submitted by /u/justmedownsouth
    [link] [comments]

    PIP coverage is telling me I need to contact the at fault’s insurance to cover certain expenses.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 07:01 AM PDT

    My PIP coverage initially told me they would handle all treatment bills and submit anything to the at fault insurance company for payment. That is until I received a couple bills and when I called they told me I needed to contact the other insurance company and open up a claim. I've never had to do this before. Am I missing something?

    EDIT: IN KY

    submitted by /u/KYgelatin
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s insurance pays?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    My father in law owns in a body shop in PA. He has two cars he uses as loaners for customers while their cars get fixed. If they're in an at fault accident while driving it is it my father in laws BOP? Or the customers personal auto that would pay?

    submitted by /u/LeatherBuilding
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment