• Breaking News

    Friday, March 1, 2019

    What’s your worst/funniest/weirdest experience quitting a job? Sales and Selling

    What’s your worst/funniest/weirdest experience quitting a job? Sales and Selling


    What’s your worst/funniest/weirdest experience quitting a job?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 07:12 AM PST

    I officially quit my job yesterday (start my new one on Monday). I was a remote sales person and my boss lives pretty far away. I won't see him for probably three more weeks. I start my new job next Monday.

    I quit over the phone, but he said "this doesn't speak much to you as a man" and I literally laughed out loud. I guess I should've boarded a plane and quit in person?

    Anyway, what's your best story from a time quitting a job?

    submitted by /u/monchlar
    [link] [comments]

    Sales managers: Please stop advertising "uncapped commissions"

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 04:23 PM PST

    99% of sales orgs have uncapped commissions. It makes me fucking cringe when this becomes a selling point.

    submitted by /u/twitinkie
    [link] [comments]

    Will be working my first event next week. Any advice for preparing this weekend?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 10:00 AM PST

    I do Cybersecurity SaaS and will be going to my first event next week. Any suggestions for what I should look out for when speaking with potential leads?

    submitted by /u/MarathonTortoise
    [link] [comments]

    If you get laid off for not making quota, is it ok to explain why you didn’t, fairly in depth, when applying for new jobs?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 11:37 AM PST

    By that I mean, let's say the processes or product had some issues in why it wasn't selling. Of course you don't want to badmouth the company or put it down, but at the same time you want to let the new company know that some things were not in your control, and there were some outside factors for why you weren't closing to the expected level. How do you go about doing this in a gentle way?

    submitted by /u/DrCardioo
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first job offer, should I take it?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 11:25 AM PST

    I applied for my first job in sales at an SaaS company as an SDR. The job offer I received was for $25k base and $35k OTE. They have alright benefits but there seems to be solid ability to progress within the company. I have a couple other interviews lined up but they are for recruiter positions and I have to let the company know my answer by Monday. The only sales experience I have is in serving so It's definitely a situation where this would be almost entirely for experience. The company provides warm leads through their software. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/sassyval
    [link] [comments]

    Working for American Senior Benefits

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 11:13 AM PST

    As the title says, I'm curious if anyone here has ever worked for American Senior Benefits before and if they can share some insight as to what the company is like? These past 3 weeks I've been in touch with them and have been studying for the Insurance Exam. Everything seems good so far from not having to pay for leads, training period where commission is split, and so on. However, I want to know if there's any red flags and such that I should be made aware of that they don't mention. Anything that might lead to the rug being pulled out from underneath my feet.

    Thanks in advance to anyone that answers!

    submitted by /u/NickNaktheTicTac
    [link] [comments]

    The Biggest Sale I Didn't Close -- What Should I Take Away From It?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 02:50 AM PST

    Story time everyone,

    This is really, really long, turn away now if extended slow scrolling is not for you. Downloading all my thoughts in meetings with my boss always helped in any job I had. Since I don't have a boss at the moment, I figured I would throw it out to you all if you wanted to take the time to read. Skip to [Current Story] far below if you want to get to the main point. TLDR at the end.

    I'm writing to share a long personal sales story that just recently concluded. I gave my absolute 100% to sell my skills as a job seeker in a foreign country and came up with nothing. This may be more appropriate for r/jobs, but the nuance I want to convey compels me to post it here, where I think it may be more appreciated and hopefully inspiring for those of you that may be feeling stuck. I have definitely been there. Hell, I'm currently there, but my attitude's mostly in the right place, I think. There's a lot of backstory, but I included it to show the slow, steady growth of my sales skill and what I've been through to chase my dream, whatever that is exactly.

    First, some background. I had humble beginnings. My parents were and still are generally poor, but not starving. My father was a TV repairman turned hippie musician turned phone book ad salesman, and my mother was a secretary at a local community college her whole career. Neither had any higher education, did much life planning or goal setting, or stepped out of their comfort zones very much at all. I don't resent them for it, they're extremely good-hearted people, and easy to get along with. My father traveled for work a lot, so I only saw him three to four months per year during my childhood. Now they're both quietly and modestly retired. Thank heavens for my mom's state educator pension and my dad's social security income.

    From the beginning, I was cut from a different cloth. I disliked being poor from the moment I gained the slightest perspective of what life was like with money. I have loved fast and expensive things since I can remember anything. Fighter jets and sports cars were early passions that never died, and I am more a car fanatic today than I have ever been. Going through high school, I didn't have the grades for scholarships, and my parents certainly didn't have college money, but I knew I wanted to go because it probably meant a better life for me later, and hopefully the ability to get one or two of those cars that I loved. The military caught my attention with their college benefits. Two days after I turned 18 I was in the US military with a line on becoming a military aircraft technician.

    Fast-forwarding through eight years of service (I loved my job), Hurricane Katrina relief, and a combat deployment, I then switched to part-time service in the Air National Guard and began studying for my bachelor's degree in finance. Four years later, I graduated debt-free (seriously, the GI Bill has incalculable value for a student), but I didn't know how to sell anything, especially myself for a job, and never really learned any skills on interviewing or resumes. I frustratedly looked for a job for a year after graduating until finally securing a position as a financial advisor.

    See that juxtaposition? I didn't know how to sell, then finally I got a position in one of the most brutal sales jobs out there. 100% commission, and clawbacks for exam study materials, cube rent, office resources, and liability insurance. The sales script basically says, "Look, I know you've saved this nest egg your whole life, but you really should give it all to me, because you don't know what you're doing with it, and that should scare you" I hated the disingenuousness, and I was awful at it.

    To my surprise, my boss was stunningly good at it. I still have never seen someone so utterly brilliant at identifying sticking points and responding like magic. More than a few times, we would leave a meeting after he turned it into a success, and I honestly didn't even follow how he did it. Prospects would just walk in skeptical and walk out happy. I just walked out confused. Thankfully, I eventually saw how big a scumbag he was. (He cheated prospects out of the free-look period on annuity contracts by having them sign the application, then not delivering the actual contract for review until the last day of the free-look period, at which point the clock runs out and the client's money is locked in for years). I was barely hitting my production quotas anyway, but I quit soon after I saw that. I never closed anything substantial on my own there, but I did pick up some sales chops over those two years.

    I also got a lot of Salesforce experience. That was key to attaining my next job as an analyst for commercial real estate brokers at an absolutely world-class company. (Hey! I got hired on my skills! A sale! Yes!!) For as much as my previous boss made, these commercial office leasing brokers absolutely put him to shame dollar-wise, and were much nicer, cooler guys and gals. The top broker in the office became a mentor for a while at my request (another sale!), which I enjoyed simply for his cars (997.2 911 Turbo S, E60 M5, F10 M5), but also for the advice, of course.

    I couldn't, and still can't, see direct sales as a career for me. After dozens of attempts in financial advising, I was sure I don't have "it," and that's okay, but I understood sales' importance. I love investing though, so after finally seeing first-hand through these brokers just how much my life could be changed by comfortable money, I decided to go to grad school for an advanced degree and fully pivot into the investing world. I had still been serving part-time in the Air National Guard through all of this, but after 15 years of service, I finally decided to hang up the uniform and fully free up my time. My exposure to commercial real estate brokerage combined with the knowledge I was gaining by osmosis from my girlfriend (a real estate investment analyst at a large trust) and generated an intense professional interest in commercial real estate investment. I calculated that an MBA or Master's of Finance degree would be a good pivotal catalyst, and one of the top MBA programs in the country just happened to be nearby, with an excellent real estate program.

    The MBA application process was an unbelievably huge pain. I thought you just filled out an application, got recommendations, wrote essays, and sent in transcripts and GMAT scores. And don't let that short sentence fool you, the GMAT took months of study on its own. Little did I know that competitive MBA admission is very much a function of networking to make sure the admissions officers know who you are. I had luckily been going to veteran info sessions enough to where a couple of them remembered me, because when I finally got my application response, I had been waitlisted! I was crestfallen. I sold my ass off to get in that school, and my only reward is limbo?! Thankfully, two veterans had befriended me from those info sessions, and when I called them for advice on how to handle the waitlist, they took it upon themselves to speak directly to admissions on my behalf. A week later, I got the admission call! (YES! MASSIVE MASSIVE CLOSE!)

    [Current Story]

    My first year of the MBA program was a success, and I successfully landed a summer 2018 internship at a very large real estate investment firm in a different city (Another close! Nice!). It was just a few hours' drive away, and I arrived a few days early to move in and explore. I then received a shock phone call the day before I started the internship: my girlfriend had secured a multi-year rotational program in London, starting mid-2019. The benefits to the program are absolutely incredible. We talked it over, and it was a no-brainer that she should accept. We had been together for five years at this point, so I'm almost certain we are common-law married or something like that (recently officially engaged, however!), so wherever one gets an amazing opportunity, the other follows and makes it work.

    "Making it work" from my end meant a radical change to my recruiting trajectory. I decided to study abroad in London during spring of 2019, my final semester, and found an executive/weekend MBA program to host me. This reduced my in-class time commitments to a total of two weeks, giving me plenty of capacity to intern full-time once I arrived. Financially, I would have to get some kind of internship to make it work, otherwise I would run out of money quickly as I would be paying two rents. I immediately began exploring networking avenues to London, but I knew absolutely no one there and hit brick walls networking throughout the summer. Finally, I caught a break on return to school in the fall. One of my closest classmates mentioned a friend from her childhood in Portugal that happened to be a director at a gigantic real estate investment company in London. Yes! Networking in action.

    And what a great connection the director was. After several emails, calls, and London visits for personal meetings, she took it upon herself to internally recommend me for an internship to one of the investment managers and the managing director of the office. The investment manager was pushing into the same sector on which my internship was focused. He needed help. It was a perfect skill fit. After some stalling in the process, I finally scored a personal meeting with the investment manager in January shortly after my full-time arrival, which went swimmingly. I was feeling the pressure however, as London lodging is obviously expensive, and I had no income secured, so the financial clock was ticking. A week later I was sitting one-on-one in a huge boardroom with the managing director of all UK business. Let's call him Russell James.

    r/sales,I think you would have been proud of me if you saw it. After covering my limited investment background, he asked a hypothetical of me.

    "What if I sent you to Manchester for two weeks to source new deals? What would you do? My main concern with any hire is that they just come in and play with financial models in Excel all day, instead of getting out into the market, having breakfast lunch happy hour dinner every day with local players and digging up some opportunity."

    Thankfully at my previous internship, I had essentially done the same thing, but instead of quoting that experience, I decided to answer him straight-on.

    "Let me answer this way Russell: Four months ago, I was in the US seeking a job in London and knew literally zero people in all of the UK. Today, I'm sitting here in a meeting with Russell James, Managing Director of all UK business. What does that tell you?"

    He gave that pursed-lip, subdued-smile, raised-eyebrow head nod, the embodiment of "Impressive, can't argue with that." I couldn't believe it came out of my mouth at first. It's one of my proudest moments now.

    He thanked me and I departed with his promise to contact me in a week, giving him time to discuss hiring with his senior team leads. If this worked, it meant so many things: I would be starting my investment career at a gold-plated company, I would be saving money, paying down debt, and contributing financially to my relationship again, and I could secure living space in London ahead of my fiancee's arrival. It would be a jump start to the life I had been seeking since that first moment I saw comfortable money.

    Sadly friends, it wasn't to be. A week later, he deferred hiring on Brexit uncertainty, which I understand. Their deal flow had stopped, and that flow is what pays salaries. Bringing anyone on would be a very risky expense. He did strongly encourage me to stay in touch around mid-year when deal flow would likely be picking up again, and they would likely be hiring. A few other people testified to his character as I further networked in London for contingent internship opportunities, and backed him as a straightforward guy (he wouldn't have said keep in touch if he didn't mean it).

    Ultimately, after two solid months of pushing hard in London, I am nearly out of money and have to return to the States until my fiancee gets here to start her job. That internship was my best lead, and no other ones played out nearly as well, despite dozens of meetings with others through local introductions. I really, really gave it my effing best shot, but no sale this time. My fiancee will likely have to pay all of our and some of my personal bills for the time being.

    So, my grand point, what takeaways would you focus on here? I'm proud of my accomplishments, but this is by far the most negative net worth I've ever had (student loans and high credit cards with no savings). I feel like I've accomplished a lot, but so little of it is closing. I go back and forth between depressed about what little I'm bringing financially to myself and my relationship, but confident that I can make something happen, even with no leads left, yet unconfident that I can actually close it when a good lead appears. Today is a confident day, thankfully. That's my story.

    TL;DR After little historical success in selling myself for job positions, I networked myself all the way into a foreign country for a job opportunity that would have made several ends meet, but it and all other job leads fell apart, I'm out of money, and have to return home to negative net worth. I got to the finish line after an incredibly difficult journey, but couldn't quite cross it, and now my fiancee will be carrying us financially, so I'm back and forth between depression and confidence. What should I focus on?

    EDIT: Added detail that the decision on my girlfriend taking a job in London was bilateral.

    submitted by /u/brodyandleo
    [link] [comments]

    Second round phone interview with VP of Sales today.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 06:14 AM PST

    Initial call was with sales team lead who has been there for about 6 months. Seemed to do well, but the questions I got and the questions I asked were all very general.

    I've got a call with the VP of Sales today and I'm not sure what questions I should be prepared for and what questions I should ask.

    Any tips?

    It's a SaaS startup from oversees who is just coming to NYC. The position is for SDR. I have an operational/office management background and am looking to make an industry/career change.

    submitted by /u/providerquestions
    [link] [comments]

    So anything I can do to help set expectations for sales people?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 06:08 AM PST

    So first and foremost, I'm not in sales (may be someday in a unrelated field).

    I'm a graphic designer for a fairly large advertising company. Back in the day the company did whatever it could to clinch a sale the right way (sometimes gimmicky, but still right in my book). I have the upmost respect for the original owner of the company. (Dude rented an elephant to land a client one time, funny shit).

    But recently it's gone to do anything possible even if it means breaking rules to do so and expectations so high it's caused tons of friction between sales and data/design/media people. Squeaking by with compliance to down right bait and switching compliance by designing a compliance piece and sending the non compliant one out.

    They also have complete disregard to art production time. If we tell them it might be a while (lots of changes / template change) they call up our manager and demand that their piece be worked on. They can't say no to the client or attempt to steer them in a better product direction.

    I'm not saying these people are bad people by any means. In fact it's the culture around here that's the problem. Is there any way even though I'm not in a direct position of power to get them to understand that we're not miracle workers here. That it does take time give the staff we have? Or should I just give up hope? There are also a ton more issues but I can't go into super detail without maybe giving details of the company away, and the company is known to be trigger happy with firing people. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/luxrayatwork
    [link] [comments]

    How or when to ask raise as SDR? Low base pay with a degree.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 06:03 AM PST

    Some background:

    I have prior sales experience, however it was warm leads that we brought to close vs hunting cold leads

    . I took this BDR role to get good at cold calling, and enter the SaaS space. As well as be with a company that has SMB AE, Mid Makret, and Enterprise.

    I am doing well, on track to becoming senior by my 6 month mark at over 120% quota.

    Thing is, half my coworkers don't have a degree however we get paid the same salary. I want to leverage this for a higher pay, as during initial interview process we could not negotiate because it was "entry level". I tried the recruiter said he couldn't pay more since it was entry level but they do reviews every 6 months.

    Another thing, since starting this role there has been high turnover. I'd say above 50% turnover, so I am one of the few who have stuck it out AND succeeded by going over quota.

    I have my review in a month and a half where I am expected to be promoted to "senior" which is just a better commisison plan ( higher commish per appointment), but I also know our base is low compared to average at 32k vs the 40-45k I am seeing on this sub-reddit.

    What is best way to go about this? I have also had other companies reach out to me offering 40k as SDR in the area, and full AE roles at competitors at 45k base. I like this company however, we are rated as one of best companies to work for, and AEs at our competitors are flooding our doors because of how great our product is.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/LostInSales
    [link] [comments]

    How do I maximize my impact in a sales role at a startup?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 03:43 AM PST

    I am about to join an early-stage startup in the digital healthcare sector. The company has a software platform that will be sold to GP practices (i.e. doctors) in the NHS in the UK.

     

    I will be joining the company in the first few employees, and my role will be in business development (as well as some other duties). The company has already created some solid strategic partnerships and first sales.

     

    My background isnt in sales, but is more analytical - so I'm in a position where I need to learn everything from scratch, without much guidance.

     

    I could use your help on these questions:

       

    (1) Where can I learn more about sales?  

    (2) What are the best resources I can use to build sales material? What sales material is best to create as foundational infrastructure? 

    (2) How can I maximise my impact as a first employee in business development? 

    (3) How should i go about getting a mentor in sales? 

       

    Thank you all so much in advance for any insights you can give! Very, very much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ldnvc
    [link] [comments]

    Any Sales Managers here?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:26 PM PST

    Yo yo! I've been off and on r/sales for years. It has been a great community, specifically to the actual reps...BDRs, account reps & managers, etc. Don't get me wrong, having done all those roles during my ten years in sales, this is a great place. However, I've been a sales director for the past few years and I'm looking for different feedback to new questions I have about effectively managing a sales team. I have read a few books, but I'd really appreciate finding a sub like this, or maybe marking one for sales management.

    submitted by /u/kaiju21
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if sales is for me

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:32 PM PST

    I post on here frequently. I come from an engineering background, did a few medical device sales internships, found it fun then found out I need more experience.

    I went through my first sdr role which was at a terrible lead gen company, with no system in place for advancement, terrible leads, terrible management, low pay. I still pulled through but I wasnt very thrilled. I felt like I was just dealing with silly obstacles. Rather than using intelligence or EQ to deal with objections I was just listening to dial tones most of the day, hardly talking to clients. Selling leads wasnt fun either, very little intelligence, a simple value/pain point that was about it.

    Can sales be more involved than this? Will the pay truly improve? Im looking at a lot of 40-50 k bases with 10-20 OTE. I also learned OTE is a relative word. In many cases it could mean working extra 40 hours a week because of a shitty product or a limited market. Other cases it could be easy as pie.

    I love the idea and opportunity to make an impact on a company. However I find a lot of the tools people suggest I listen to to be bogus, old school, or fake (Grant cardone, etc )

    submitted by /u/sleepingtalent901
    [link] [comments]

    *RANT* Job ive worked at for two years has changed commission structure drastically and i didnt hit commission for 2 months in a row now

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 03:19 PM PST

    Im a retail rep and the place i work at has always had a minimum quota for 20 sales a month, we receive commission on a bunch of things but in order to receive commission for any of it we have to sign 20 customer up for cellphone plans or do upgrades.

    In the last 2 years ive watched this change so drastically that my pay cheque's went from average $3500-$4000 monthly too about $2500-$3000 due to cuts in commission.

    Ive never had a problem with the quota, for a few months i was even top 10 in company. But as of jan 1st, they increased our target by 150% to 30, not too mention we ran that store with 3 people, now there is 6 (all hired within the last 5 months.

    On top of all this its just been excessively slow this year.

    So with all these previous changes i have not made commission for the first 2 months in a row out of 2 years. And have been trying to feed my family with $1700 a month at this point.

    I feel like this is literally a set up for failure and that i have been slapped in the face as i have done alot for my company. I even took over as manager while my manager was on medical leave. I couldnt help but think now everytime i made a sale towards the end of the month" i know not getting anything , so why even upsell anything else"

    Im honestly feeling like walking in and quitting and digging into savings so i can have a month to be clear headed and look for jobs.

    submitted by /u/HighDistortion420
    [link] [comments]

    First venture in an AE role = failure

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:47 PM PST

    Hello r/sales,

    Background on me - I've only ever done sales. Door to door sales while in school from 16-17 years old. From there into big box electronic sales, no commission but decent pay at the time. From there before I turned 19 I got into wireless and was there for 10 years rising through the ranks to a store manager always finding success in every role.

    Then I walked away from my secure role to enter the wild world of B2B as an account executive at a very well known company and an industry behemoth. This is my first foray into this but I thought, "eh I've done sales and always done well before. I know I'll succeed and just further myself and progress and move to a management role or just be fine making $100k+ per year." I have not respected the sales cycle that B2B can require. Our rules of engagement are very quick and we often borderline harass people to keep these clients in our name so they're not taken by another AE. I am failing out of my role. Being an AE in this company I do my own prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, appointment setting, and closing of the deal. We do not have to manage our own accounts for the most part.

    I guess I'm just stuck and unsure what to do from here. I have no college education and am applying to other roles but I am unsure of what to apply for. My previous experience is in product sales, not Saas or marketing like my current role. It was retail so people would come to me so I guess the same idea as receiving a good inbound. I love closing deals but I hate the follow up and flaky nature of my clientele base I currently deal with. Unsure if I should start applying to SDR, a different AE role, or switch to being an Account Manager so I can deal with my own book of business.

    TLDR-

    -previous sales success has not carried over into current role and unsure of what type of sales position I should try next. - would like some encouraging stories of people who have failed their first time moving to a B2B role and what they've done to find success in the next

    submitted by /u/nationalC
    [link] [comments]

    How do you hire a sales manager or sales VP?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:30 PM PST

    Looking to hire a VP of sales and marketing for a company in industrial sector. Company has roughly 150 employees in mfg and distribution. Any advice on where to look? Internet job boards, or should I find a recruiter? I mean it probably doesn't hurt to try job boards first but looking for ideas. Promoting within not an option.

    This is not meant as a job ad, but to provide context responsibilities would be to look after sales reps, set goals, direct marketing efforts, target big accounts in B2B.

    submitted by /u/eod1001
    [link] [comments]

    Sales managers what do you want to hear during years end one on one?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 09:43 PM PST

    I was struggling three months ago told shape up or your gone. The last three months I've been hitting goals. When I was struggling I was new and just off of ramp for two month.

    Most one on ones I just nod say "yes" " I understand". But what things are good to hear that aren't just "yes".

    submitted by /u/tenchu11
    [link] [comments]

    Worth moving to a different state?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:14 PM PST

    I'm currently in Oklahoma as an armed guard, I make $14.50 an hour, but I'm a contractor so really I make less.

    I got an offer to be a recruiter at a firm in Denver, Colorado. Recoverable draw is $3,500 a month, if you leave the company you will NOT pay it back to them. Trying to decide if it's worth leaving this area and family for a bit as there's not a whole lot of opportunity in Oklahoma when it comes to decent recruitment firms / tech sales.

    submitted by /u/MoneyTalksAndImQuiet
    [link] [comments]

    What do you wish your sales manager taught

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:04 PM PST

    Like the titled says. What do you wish your sales manager would teach you or help you with.

    submitted by /u/jpo183
    [link] [comments]

    Sales jobs with no education requirements?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:03 PM PST

    How do I find an ethical company I can grow a career in? Seems much more difficult than I thought.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:47 PM PST

    I live in the Bay Area selling Saas. The dream, right? Not really.

    Back story: I spent two years as an SDR without getting promoted, (no one was getting promoted, the company wasn't doing well). We were all laid off, then I took a job as an AE at a small company. New company claimed they raised series A, were about to hire a full team etc. Of course they never raised any money, the product was shit, and nothing ever closed. The CEO was insane.

    So I moved on to a Unicorn as a mid market AE. The team was preforming at "120%" over quota, and will IPO in the next year, so made the jump. I've been here for a few months and less than 25% of AE's are hitting quota, and the culture is AWFUL. They told me I'd be selling all products up to enterprise, but I'm selling one product up to mid-market.

    Both of these companies had no concerning glassdoor reviews. Nothing that would cause any worry.

    I'm still employed, but the pipeline is looking terrible(as it is for almost all AE's), so I'm looking again, but I have a bunch short stints as an AE and one long stint as an SDR. Every prospective employer, without fail, says I don't have enough closing experience.

    All I want is to grow my career at a good, ethical company that isn't bullshitting prospective new hires. How do I make the jump? Should I take a SMB AE role? CSM role then move to AE? Should I lie about quota attainment and experience? All ideas welcome here. I'm at a loss. Sales is natural to me, but I feel like I've made some poor choices in terms of companies and it's costing me my career. I'm seriously considering switching industries, as I've witnessed an appalling amount of lying and deceit to get new hires.

    submitted by /u/salesthrowaway415
    [link] [comments]

    Outside Reps: how do you balance your cold calling with cold drop ins?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:37 PM PST

    I'm trying to figure out how to balance my time blocking towards what results in the most meetings.

    Also, what's your cold drop in strategy, do you ask for the person to come up? What do you do when you don't know the decision maker at the firm?

    submitted by /u/brfergua
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone in phone sales?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 04:47 PM PST

    About to start my job at LexisNexis selling online legal research, I have decent sales knowledge as I was a realtor previously, but does anyone have any tips as to how to stay motivated, keep peoples attention, or getting past gatekeepers?

    All sales are over the phone to 1-2 person law firms. Any personal story or advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/chickenhead22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment