• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 2, 2019

    What apps/tools do you find indispensable for your business? Entrepreneur

    What apps/tools do you find indispensable for your business? Entrepreneur


    What apps/tools do you find indispensable for your business?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 09:24 AM PST

    Hello fellow entrepreneurs,

    Together with my friends we are starting a business now (events agency) and looking for tools to supercharge our workflows and personal productivity. What apps and tools do you personally find indispensable?

    - Which tools are you using to automate time-consuming tasks, like lead generation, data collection, email followups, invoicing customers? I'll be a one-man company for the first few months and want to automate as much of such workflows as possible.

    - Which tools are you using for personal productivity? I'm now reading about GTD framework, any apps you'd recommend to keep track of my tasks that are compatible with GTD?

    - Any other tools that you think I should be using?

    Many thanks!

    P.S Especially useful will be answers from people who run a similar business already.

    submitted by /u/petereaton88
    [link] [comments]

    How can you avoid doing business with bad people?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 11:05 AM PST

    Bad people=Liars, Verbal contract breakers, Cheaters, Scammers

    Sometimes the legal system is such that even if you were to sue them successfully, it would be too costly for you in legal fees. So it's best to avoid bad people in the first place.

    How?

    submitted by /u/KristinaAlves
    [link] [comments]

    "The Secrets of The Millionaire Mind" Animated Summary. I hope that you can get some value from it.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 04:41 PM PST

    Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1WjeoCw30g

    Hope it is useful

    I've done summaries of other books like:

    • think and grow rich
    • how to win friends and influence people
    • rich dad poor dad
    • the subtle art of not giving a fuck
    • models by mark manson
    • the power of now
    • 12 rules for life by jordan peterson
    • the 10x rule
    • the inside out revolution
    • man's search for meaning
    • how to stop worrying and start living
    • millionaire fastlane.
    • and some others...

    if you're interested and want to subscribe here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfbLDMh6uGOZePAfqqjVZ-g?sub_confirmation=1

    submitted by /u/alwaysimproving95
    [link] [comments]

    Life after failure. Lets hear some.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 06:58 AM PST

    So at work we were talking about stories like Jeff Bezos and other business people who left their careers to try a business. A lot of people brought up the "Ya they are great but you never hear about all the ones who tried and failed" which is very true but the more I thought about it I don't think it matters. I feel like these people wrongly assume that failure is the end of the world when in reality I think they end up like people like myself who are merely in the corporate world like anyone else.

    After graduation I tried day trading stocks for two years and effectively failed at it so after two years I went into the workforce and now work in trading at a large bank and that two years really didn't do any harm but was fun to try! Overall I missed 2 years salary I guess I otherwise would have made but nothing devastating.

    Let's hear some people's stories about what you tried to do and failed at and what happened after. Please feel free to share some stories too if the person failed and it legitimately ruined their life.

    submitted by /u/scrabble88888
    [link] [comments]

    If you ask me for urgent work to be done - you better pay on time.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 01:29 PM PST

    Last week a client practically begged for an urgent VIP deliverable in under 12 Hours.

    Factoring their scope and a sob-story about an unwell child, I agreed.

    I delivered in full in under 9 Hours. Terms were payment on delivery.

    2 days later - no payment, 3, 4, 5, a week goes by. I advise I won't take on future requests.

    You may think this is extreme, okay. But 100% of the time, past behaviour dictates future outcomes. This is red flag client behaviour. It basically says "my time/needs are more relevant/important than you getting your end of our agreement".

    No.

    When you (as client), click your fingers and manipulate a provider with an emotive story to get something done ASAP - yet can't even show the basic respect of payment per agreement, I'm flat-out not working with you again.

    You can make all the excuses in the book but end of the day, you have to give respect to get it.

    Pay me per agreement, or look elsewhere. Each time - every time.

    submitted by /u/honest_to_god_people
    [link] [comments]

    Where are all these people Dropshipping Crystals from?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 12:08 PM PST

    I see SO many listings like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/37mm-Faceted-gemstone-crystal-healing-point-chakra-hexagonal-pendulum-6-Chain-/371898471962 on Ebay. I tried googling the product, but I couldn't find the company. I want to dropship crystal stuff along with original posts and all. So, please help me? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SeriousPlankton
    [link] [comments]

    What are some passive income businesses, in which you can make money while you sleep?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 01:00 PM PST

    Is the side hustle a pipe dream?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Is the side hustle possible? I feel everytime I start one it drags me away from a decent job. I get consumed by it and then get trapped by the ups and downs of owning a business. Can you have your cake and eat it too? Or am I just not going about this process correctly?

    submitted by /u/wonkiestdonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on how to sell web design services?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 12:20 PM PST

    I'm looking to make some extra income making web sites for local businesses. Mostly revamping their pages to look more sleek, modern, and easier to navigate.

    Any tips on how to SELL the services? Did you just cold email people?

    Would love any and all tips!

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/PricelessLife
    [link] [comments]

    Why Startup Scenes Are A Bad Idea

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 09:01 PM PST

    This was initially meant to be a respond to another post. But I felt that this was so meta, that it warranted it's own post.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    To quote Lance from GTA Vice City, "We're 2 hombres in a strange town. We gotta watch each others back."

    After becoming delusional & overestimating how much he actually contributed in the partnership, Lance feels like he's being taken advantage of.

    So he partners with the enemy in an attempt to overthrow his "hombre" & gain full control of the assets. He knows that the enemy will inevitably kill him, but his greed and anger cause him to disregard this little detail.

    Lance later dies by the hand of his "hombre".

    An unfitting end for a traitor, I thought. Would have preferred to see the karma fulfilled by the enemy, Sunny (Don of the Mafia).

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The moral of the story is this:

    Fuck networking. Fuck startup scenes.

    The people who go to startup groups are leeches, trying to suck some of those sweet success juices from a dry host (each other).

    And when the occasional success does happen, one partner will inevitably overestimate his value. When that happens, recovering from the problems that ensue (if at all possible), may be more trouble than it's worth.

    Besides, you should be trying to learn from successful people. Not trying to learn a lesson from those who have yet to learn it themselves.

    A rat would sooner learn to bark from the teachings of a dog, than from the teachings of another rat.

    That, my friend, is why the metaphorical rat race exists. Too many rats trying to teach each other how to bark, rather than looking to the dogs. For a rat to confront a dog is certainly a daunting task, but it is a rite that every rat must undergo if they wish to bark as the dogs do.

    There's also a metaphor about shoulders & giants, but I think I've made my point clear enough.

    Gentlemen, bark on. - tips cowboy hat & rides off into the sunset

    submitted by /u/D3athN0te101
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for feedback on our startup introduction Video

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 11:27 AM PST

    Can the lovely people here provide some feedback on the 1 minute introduction video we have created for our startup initiative?

    Video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYiZke-Ofm0

    I don't want to provide much background here so you the reviewer goes there unbiased without any knowledge of the startup.

    After the video, you may visit About page (https://govoyce.com/#/about ) or the website and share whether this brief Video is a fair introduction or not.

    On the basis of the feedback we will be editing the video and will use the revised version for marketing/promotion purposes through social media platforms.

    These are early days for us, any help I can get from here will be much appreciated!!

    Many thanks for your time in advance!!

    submitted by /u/GoldStd9
    [link] [comments]

    Lawyer for LLC

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 10:36 AM PST

    Hi All,

    I wanted to ask others who have done so, do you have any advice on finding a lawyer who is competent in helping draw up an operational agreement for an LLC with a partner.

    Any tips on how to research a good one and what to look for? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kms1990
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting with college president about startup

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 09:46 AM PST

    I have a business concept/ plan, I'm hoping to turn into something real. The concept relates to distribution among healthcare facilities. Since it's conception my plan has changed a lot, I've met with multiple professors and a pharmacist. I've scheduled a meeting w my colleges president. I want to see what my private college can offer an emerging startup. I'm hesitant to request funding or resources, but I am curious if a college would invest money into a student run startup

    submitted by /u/wombatnoodles
    [link] [comments]

    Templates for policies, procedures, forms and other documents

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 09:30 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I'm working on a plastic products manufacturing startup, and as we prepare, I'd like to ensure we streamline all our processes. Such processes will eventually lead to a proper ERP system, and eventually after that towards ISO certification.

    With that in mind, is there a good source of templates for policies, procedures and forms? Such documents I'm looking for span all areas such as HR procedures, invoicing forms, material movement forms (both raw and final), quality control, etc.

    Is there any such source available to enable identifying what documents are relevant/required, and access to templates to have a headstart?

    Please feel free to also recommend any relevant books or resources.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/desertdressage
    [link] [comments]

    Have two completed comic books, how do I make them a success?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 09:03 AM PST

    Hi all, for the past 3 years I have been toiling away trying to start a business. I tried making video games first and wound up with one 10% finished game and one 20% finished game. After that experience I decided to try something simpler, comic books! I now have two original, complete superhero comic books but I don't have the capital to actually physically print them. I'm thinking of a digital release on Comixology but I am unsure about how to get the word out. I don't really have a social media presence or a website so I was thinking about holding back my release for about 6 months to give myself time to build up more of an online presence. I've also got a box of t shirts that I had made for one of the comic books ahead of time but haven't figured out what to do with them yet. I was thinking an online store would be a good idea but with just two comic books and a t shirt it might look a bit barren. Any advice would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/GamingGalore64
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know anything about UK medicinal/recreational Cannabis space?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 08:37 AM PST

    Keep hearing that it's going to be a massive (legal) market but don't know anything about it. Will UK legalise? If so, seems like it could be a massive market.

    Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Specifically:

    • Is it true? Will it be legalised? If so, when?
    • Will it apply to medicinal or recreational?
    • What are the barriers to entry for a solo small entrepreneur? Is it sown-up already?

    Anyone have any insight on this?

    submitted by /u/segovius
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, so I made an app that lets you save any content on your phone to one place. Feel free to check it out. How to I market this app to get more downloads?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 07:59 AM PST

    So title says it all. I made an app that lets you save photos, videos, gifs, websites, articles, social media posts, notes, music, dropbox files, etc. Where and how should I spend my marketing dollars?

    App Link

    App Website

    submitted by /u/p511
    [link] [comments]

    I have my fully functioning website/service - traffic and users are my biggest challenge. What books/resources do you recommend for this part of the process?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 07:26 AM PST

    have a website that offers a service - a one (maybe two) time use per user service. Think of something like Test Training/Prep. I understand for what I do, I won't have a "user base" - no sign up is required. The service is free and the business model is mass traffic and revenue via ads and up-selling other products.

    My biggest struggle is traffic. I run ads targeting niche demographics and get traffic, but I need more traffic sources beyond target niche demographics and niche sites.

    I've seen and read books like "$100 Startup", etc. that focus on starting a business. I am confident that the service I offer is valuable. Everything is up and running. I don't need to grow a team - right now just more users.

    I am looking for resources more for growth, increasing traffic, converting traffic into users, revenue, etc.

    Can anyone recommend books or resources that get into the nitty-gritty part of growth?

    submitted by /u/insideactuary
    [link] [comments]

    First Product

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 07:17 AM PST

    I am launching my first product on Kickstarter, would anyone give advice or give constructive criticism on my video?

    submitted by /u/MrCheapCheap
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know of a website I can use to look at the latest ideas, MVPs and startups from around the world?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 06:31 AM PST

    Do you know of a website I can use to look at the latest ideas and startups from around the world? I know one exists but I totally forgot the website name. Any links will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/isignups
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good, less than obvious, ways to use social media to gain an advantage in a niche market?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 06:26 AM PST

    Failure

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 03:55 PM PST

    Not enough people talk about failure. Now you can dress it up and call them challenges or life telling you to change direction but I'm not into platitudes. You need to be prepared to fail.

    If you're adamant about setting your own path be prepared to "fall off a cliff", "drop in a crevasse", or the more accurate "drown in quick sand". If you are lucky, it will be one of the first two. Fast, convincing and clear as day that what you are doing just does not work. More often than nought failure is a long drawn out painful slow death.

    Failure is normally like circling the drain. At first it is imperceptible. Business slows a bit, but you can easily justify it. May be just a slow month or quarter. Then it may get slightly better and you falsely think you're back on track only for the backwards trend to continue. Then you get bold and take some risks. Maybe its some expensive marketing campaign or investing in some people to help. They don't work either and all of a sudden you're speeding to the drain. You have no cash flow, and the bills are piling up.
    But you just can't let go. You start using your private credit line or credit card (as you may already have) and go further into personal debt. Relationships with friends and family get strained as the pressure mounts.

    You're in the forest now. The darkness can seem overwhelming and the pit of your stomach is constantly reminding you of your dwindling capital. You're now trying to pivot the company, looking for new investors, chasing grants, looking for a way out. People seem interested and string you along. You continue to pay as all you need is that one investor or big sale to right the ship and get back on track. But will it come? Everyone tells you to keep with it while you die a little inside every day.
    Eventually you either make it or you don't. The reality is most of us don't and sadly pay more of a price we ever committed to paying when we started this adventure.

    There's a reason this path isn't for everyone.

    submitted by /u/vodkastick
    [link] [comments]

    High School Side Cash, need advice

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 06:14 AM PST

    I want to start a Snapchat market place in my school/area, starting with selling these apple products I bought. I want to profit off vendors that can promote stuff there selling using this snapchat , any advice? How much should I sell promotions ?

    submitted by /u/stylenoobie
    [link] [comments]

    Why Do You Think Some People Struggle For Years & Never See Success While Others Seem To Put Forth An Ounce Of Effort & Get Massive Success?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 05:58 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment