• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 30, 2019

    Update: Realtor listed house w/o checking with me Real Estate

    Update: Realtor listed house w/o checking with me Real Estate


    Update: Realtor listed house w/o checking with me

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/b5spl4/real_estate_agent_listed_my_house_wo_clearing_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

    So I had the meeting on Tuesday & I gave her the business, but she said we shouldn't put it up over 230 based on the comps. I value a professional opinion & didn't want it sit on the market forever, as every month was costing abt 2k/month in extra expenses.

    House was re-listed at 228 Wednesday & under contract for 230 on Thursday w/ no inspection & 5 week closing.

    I'm happy enough with the offer, but there's still a little voice in the back of my head saying "shoulda put it up for 238, ya dummy" but really, who knows what might have happened with that, so I'm chalking this up at a learning experience & decided to be satisfied with the results. Next time I hire a realtor, it'll be with interviewing a bunch of em.

    Thank you all who responded & sort of validated my feelings/talked me off the ledge—with my ex being sort of a wet blanket about the whole thing, I didn't really have anyone to get advice from. You guys are rad & I won't be making dumb mistakes in the future.

    submitted by /u/rhad_rhed
    [link] [comments]

    Seller keeps extending due diligence

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    We entered a contract on a home and had 7 days due diligence (DD) during which we provided a list of things to address from the inspection. There were notable issues that were deal breakers if the seller (an LLC, not an individual) did not address. The initial response from the seller's realtor was that the home was built to code and basically crossing out all deal breaker amendments and saying how they would not extend our DD (I didn't ask them to), and some disparaging comments about our inspector, however it wasn't signed by the seller and our DD was about end so I told our agent to cancel the contract and she did.

    They ended up coming back and requesting additional DD for themselves along with several extensions which has stretched out an additional 4 days at this point, because they wanted to do their own inspection and what else, I have no idea. Our realtor relayed that they plan on addressing most of the items we brought up (I have nothing concrete on what they plan to address at this time however). At this point I'm tired of waiting with no clear answers on what exactly they're doing.

    I was hoping for feedback/perspective for those that may have been in a similar scenario. Buying the house if our issues are addressed would be nice, but I feel like our time is just being wasted and would rather move on if they intentions aren't on the up and up.

    submitted by /u/Random3848
    [link] [comments]

    Tenant Realtor issues

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    My landlord recently listed our property for rent, and is using the same realtor to show the house as when we started renting it. We have 2 cats that we paid pet deposits on so they are part of the lease agreement. During the last showing the people looking at the house closed our cats off from their litterboxes, food, and water by shutting them out of the designated litter room. They were denied their facilities for over 5 hours, and as a result have now caused damage to my couch, the floor under the rug, and one of my cabinets trying to find someplace to pee. Do i have any legal recourse for this? I understand you cant expect everyone to leave the property in identical condition, but the litterboxes are very obviously in only one room, the cats have very obviously were not in the room, and now there is permanent damage as a result. Crates arent an option as i work from 8-6, and the property is being shown daily. Likewise locking them in one room isnt feasible as anyone with cats knows how they deal with being in confined spaces with another for a long duration.

    submitted by /u/Jwinner5
    [link] [comments]

    How do I have a difficult conversation with my neighbours about the mess when I'm trying to sell?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    I have an apartment for sale which is one of two, mine is upstairs and the neighbours own the one downstairs. Each apartment has it's own entrance and separate courtyards so there isn't anything shared at all. The courtyards at the back on the ground level and are separated by a 2 metre high concrete wall which you can't see over once you're down there, but from our back door, and as you walk downstairs to our courtyard, I can see into their courtyard which is a mess. They've got a dog that chews everything so all their outside furniture is ruined and stacked on top of each other, parts of the cushion inserts are spread all over the lawn and they don't pick up after it so there's dog shit everywhere. I'm getting negative feedback from prospective buyers via my agent, it's really putting people off wanting to live there. I know the neighbours but we are not friends (not enemies either just a nod and a hello when I see them type of relationship). I have their number and when I lived in the property (it's been empty now for 6 months while I try to sell) we worked together twice to fix leaks that affected both our properties. I want to send a text outlining how the mess is presenting a challenge for me and asking if we can work together to clean up the courtyard. Is that a reasonable thing to ask? If so, how do I go about it? I would be willing to offer to pay someone to do it for them. Or is it a bad idea and should I just leave it alone?

    submitted by /u/starrynight75
    [link] [comments]

    Is it legal to disclose home inspection to other buyers?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    A friend of mine was recently about to buy a house in the country. The sellers claimed that there was no documentation about the septic system, but during the actual inspection that turned out to be untrue, and the septic system needs urgent replacement. She has since walked away from the deal slightly poorer for inspection expenses. I am wondering, is there any way to warn other buyers about this? Can she legally disclose the inspection report online? How can she save other people from losing money on this home?

    submitted by /u/ekanite
    [link] [comments]

    What could signing these papers be for?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    My Mom is trying to sell her house after buying it 2 years prior. So, to get this done, she called the man that sold her the house to begin with to set up a meeting. My mom called me letting me know that she could sell the house for a profit. Also, she said that same afternoon this man tried to convince her to sign some type papers without her knowing he was bringing papers to sign. I live in another state, so I can't see these papers. What do you think they might be for?

    submitted by /u/Jr494607
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a fixer upper in Long Beach? Please help

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    This would be my first home. It is being auctioned off in 2 weeks and is anticipated to sell for approx 230k. It needs moderate work done. I'm assuming about 20-30k worth of upgrades to make it beautiful. Other similar yet remodeled houses in the area have recently sold for 330-420k. It's 3 miles from the beach and on a one way street. About half of the neighbors have security screen doors on the front doors and I know Long Beach has an "iffy" reputation. The lot size is 2300 and the house size is 730sq ft with a garage and outdoor laundry room. My husband and I planned on living there for the next 3-4 years. I'm really nervous, do you think this is a sure thing or could something go terrible wrong?

    I get confused when people start talking market lingo but does anyone know if Long Beach is going to appreciate over the next few years?

    submitted by /u/MSorrow1209
    [link] [comments]

    If I sell my house, does the appreciated value become cash in hand? (CA)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I bought the place at $472k and it's now valued at around $580k. If I sell, does that additional $110k become 100% my money? What are the tax implications? Thank you, ahead of time, for your input.

    submitted by /u/Dr_Solfeggio
    [link] [comments]

    Damage to property prior to early move in - seller wont let me cancel.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    I signed a purchase agreement in February with an early move in set for the middle of March. The purchase agreement states that after the home inspection period the earnest money is nonrefundable. About 3 weeks pass from the time the inspection period passes and my early move in begins. The night before I was set to move into the home I got a call from the seller saying there is water in the basement. Long story short, the seller did nothing to stop the incoming water and when I got the keys the next day, 90% of the 23x23 living room was sopping wet. I canceled my work appointments to work on the home and to meet with contractors to get this resolves, all the while the seller said they are too busy to deal with it. Again, long story short, we are not coming to an agreement on the cost of the repairs and im looking to back out. I want the earnest money back as the home is not in the same condition as I agreed to purchase it. Seller has said tough shit and wont sign it and now has not responded to me for 2 days. What are my options here?

    My thoughts: Per page 8 of the purchase agreement it talks about risk of loss. Essentially the PA is to be canceled and earnest money to come back to buyer, no questions asked. I pointed this out to her and no response. Ive been very civil in my words spoken to her, but am feeling helpless right now.

    Edit: Earnest money amount if $1,500. Though not a ton, thats my money and can go towards the next home.

    submitted by /u/sbroll
    [link] [comments]

    Looking into associated costs with installing a manufactured home within Solano County, CA

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    Hey reddit,

    I am currently looking into the costs associated with buying a vacant lot in Solano County in California. However we are having a heck of a time putting an actual number to the costs associated with what we want to do. Thus this post, in an attempt to figure out more on how this works. Thanks in advance!

    Potential locations being considered right now: Vacaville and Fairfield.

    Most of the lots we are looking at I am pretty sure are in un-incorporated areas of those cities and would be on their own well and septic systems.

    Due to timeline of not wanting to pay for two mortgages we were planning on going the route of getting a PreManufactured home installed on site. Ideally if everything goes well in the future this would become our granny/guest house once we build our dream home later down the road when finances allow.

    We are guesstimating the current costs:

    - Prefab cost: ~100k (2-3 bed / 2 bath, 1200-1500 sqft)

    Options (upgrades) may inflate the cost as to be expected

    - Transport/Install of Prefab: ~50k

    No clue if this is a safe estimate, obviously milage will vary based on where the prefab is being constructed.

    Ideally we will chose one in Oregon or SoCal.

    - Well/Septic ~30k

    I feel this is a high estimate and is based on average costs reported by google and other sources

    Does not include any permits/fees involved, just the cost for the supplies and labor

    - Permits and Fees ~50k???

    No clue on this, ive mostly found ranges from 30k - 100k...

    I found this site for Vacaville: Building Fees - Vacaville

    However I have no clue how to interpret most of this as I have never built a house before...

    Using the first doc (Typical Fees for a SFD) a 3bed 1400sqft house with a 440sqft garage would cost around $41k in fees.

    However since most of these lots are on their own septic/well do the water/sewer line items apply?

    Anyways if anyone can assist me in explaining how this all works or who I need to get involved in this process to help me understand these costs so we can make a decision on how to move forward with a lot or if we need to give up our hope for having 1+ acres in the "bay area".

    submitted by /u/tdktank59
    [link] [comments]

    Help with making/finding tenants/renters contract?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    I am renting the second bedroom in my town home and am wondering of anywhere i can get a legal contract for such a thing or where I can get one made? Location: Houston TX

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Akino_Gatsu
    [link] [comments]

    How do developers finance and sell pre-construction single family homes?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    I'm interested in learning about what the overall process is like? Can this only be done by getting a construction loan? Can it be financed entirely through pre-construction selling of the homes? What are the guarantees the developer are required to make? Any insight would greatly help!

    submitted by /u/NewBeerNewMe
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy a four bedroom and rent out some rooms to cover the cost. Good idea or bad ideas. Thanks for the thoughts!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    [Loan Officer's Thread] Other retail LOs that went wholesale.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    Holy smokes. I've been through 3 direct lender mortgage banks, bitching (internally) the whole time about marginal operational competence, turntimes, rates, fees, over-conditioning, all that. Been in the wholesale side like 5 months now, and my socks are officially knocked off; I'm about to poach the whole branch I used to work in minus one stay-behind for some of the super niche correspondent stuff, occasional micromanaged appraisal, and maybe the non-qm ("Niche desk"? Need a name for the say-behind).

    How come you old timey bastards never talk about anything but rate? I'd have jumped ship years ago if I knew that the REST of the complete package was also a shit ton better, no one had ever really countered the FUD about wholesale ops.

    It's gotta be the middle management focus, right? Middle management at a wholesale lender is constantly afraid that independent contractor loan originator Joe is doing to start sending his ABC Type loans to the competition, so they gotta be on top of keeping ops sharp to keep that from happening, since LO Joe can make that switch in as little as the time it takes to click a bookmark. A retail mortgage bank where the LO is a captive vendor employee and it's a big deal to switch (so your average complacent person won't do it often, if at all), the name of the game is recruit recruit recruit, and as long as ops/uw chugs and hobbles along that's good enough. At least that's what it looks like so far.

    Question for those of you that have been around a while. Let's set aside 2008 to 2011, no one can prepare for that. Is it always like this, or does it come and go in waves? Meaning is something going to happen on the secondary market that trashes operational competence of wholesale outfits for 4 years (meaning oh look yet another career switch for /u/aardy), or is this just really how it always is (setting aside once a century events)?

    submitted by /u/aardy
    [link] [comments]

    VA Loan Question

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    Good Afternoon All.

    I'm looking at a house in the next couple days. I'm hoping to use my VA Loan for it if everything works out. I've tried to research this but can't find any definitive answers so thought I'd ask you all.

    The house I'm looking at to all appearances is solid. No major defects I can see on the outside, inside is clean. The detached garage is the issue. It appears to have some minor shingle damage on one side, and the garage siding is either faded paint or peeled. Can't really tell from photos.

    My question is this, if you have experience with this kind of situation, will the garage make the house a no-go on VA appraisal if the dwelling itself is good to go?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Emicarn
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about firing my real estate agent, wondering if I'm being too harsh

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    My wife and I are first time home buyers. We have been looking at houses in a very hot market across the state. Whenever a house comes on market that we're interested in it always has multiple offers within 1 or 2 days. So if we see a listing we like we have to board our dog, drive 4 hours across the state, find lodging, then take a look.

    Our agent we have been dealing with seems nice, but there have been some communication issues. There have been a few times where we would contact her with basically, "do we have to drop everything in our life and drive out tomorrow" questions. The response times vary and most of the time we're waiting hours before we hear back which leaves us rushing last minute to drive across the state.

    Recently a house came up that checked a lot of boxes for us. We asked her if she could tour it and do a Skype call with us (she said she couldn't that day, no problem, it happens). We then asked her if there were offer deadlines and if we should drive out ASAP. It took nearly 24 hours to get a response, only to find out offers on the house closed at 5 the same day. So essentially we lost out on the house just because we were waiting for her to answer a basic question.

    So we're thinking about firing her and going with another agent. This isn't the first time there have been communication issues. But at the same time we are wondering if we are being too harsh and we should give it another shot. This is our first time doing this so we don't know the proper etiquette. It just seems like an already hard process (driving across the state to look at a house that's gone in a day) should be made easier, not harder ya know?

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/HorrorExpert
    [link] [comments]

    Who writes the description for the listing?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    Who writes the description for the listing? Agent or homeowner or both? Do people still read them? How verbose should they be? What if the house is far from perfect? Are there any rules? Would you as an agent be offended by homeowners writing it? (Example in comments.)

    submitted by /u/babszilla22
    [link] [comments]

    Home has 2 Property Index Numbers (PIN), other than two tax bills, what other issues will there be? (Cook County, Illinois)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    We are going to check out a house this weekend and I just saw that the property itself has two separate index numbers for taxation. The house only occupies one of the spaces, with the other one vacant land, unsuitable for another house. Other than 2 tax bills, anything else I should be aware of?

    I looked up both lots, the vacant section has a much smaller tax bill than the one with the house on it.

    submitted by /u/MooKids
    [link] [comments]

    Question about determining property line

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    My wife and I just dove into purchasing our first home (awesome!) But we're noticing that some trees on our property line are dropping some heavy branches into the street (less awesome.) I'm not sure if the trees are within our property and therefore our problem, or if they're just outside of our property and are the city's concern. Who do I even talk to in order to find out? (In California.)

    submitted by /u/CromulentWord
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to sell condo with sky high special assessment fees

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    So, I got a call last night from a woman who lives out of state (I'm a Realtor). She's had her condo (here) on the market for a couple months and it's not moving. I asked her for some info on why. She thought it maybe had to do with the fact that her property mgr. was the listing agent & not doing a very good job...oh, and also this little thing about a special assessment coming up that may raise the condo fees from $260 / month to $699!!!!

    Yikes.

    Right off the bat I could tell that was the actual problem, no matter how good or bad of a job her listing agent is doing. It is in a super hot market, for sure, but it's essentially a math problem.

    People who qualify for the price of the condo simply would not be able to afford that kind of fee. If they could, that would mean they qualify for a nicer place in a slightly less competitive price range, so there's no reason they wouldn't just choose that. Her condo is just at the base of where people who can afford to buy are...without the huge condo fee that is.

    So, lowering the price won't help, obviously. It would just bring in buyers who are even less able to make that monthly payment.

    I also did some calculations based on the amount of the loan and number of units, and figured out that even without interest, they're going to be paying that assessment off for over 7 years.

    Yikes again.

    I was going to advise her to just keep renting it out. Though I know she really wants to just sell it and get it off her hands.

    I was wondering if there are any other out-of-the-box options I'm not thinking of?

    I have no interest in listing this condo (well unless there is some magical solution)

    My other question is why is this so high? It works out to something like $55,000 per unit. For new roofing, siding, trim & decking / stairs. Her unit is 1500 sq ft.

    Why would they need to do this all at once?

    submitted by /u/mollymcbbbbbb
    [link] [comments]

    What accounts for the difference between assessed tax value and listed price?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    Standard RE Listing Contract 12/18

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    Hello,

    First time home seller here. Quick question, if a realtor encourages me to list my property lower than what I truly want to sell it for to entice multiple bids and I only get a single offer at the listing price am I obligated to pay the agent commission even if I don't want to sell it at that price?

    The listing agent is using the standard real estate association listing agreement 12/18.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/max_raid
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need Title Insurance when refinancing?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Since I paid for it when I initially purchased the house, is it something that is optional when refinancing? I'm looking at the line item on my loan estimate for the refinance and it's $900.

    submitted by /u/Karlitos00
    [link] [comments]

    Joint venture

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    • What should be the first steps if we want to do a joint venture with a developer when we don't have the capital and are not developers?
    • We own a parcel of developed land in a gentrifying and expanding area (an area with real estate activity) could you give some advice on the steps to take/pitfalls approach to possibly engaging in some sort of joint venture with a developer. We are looking to maximize the outcome of whatever the next step is with the land. We do not want to sell. Is it worth it to hold on and attempt a JV? How can we tell if its worth it? How if any would we be able to maximize our investment?
      • Could it ever equal or exceed what we could get for straight up selling?
      • Or could it do so in our timeline or realization?
      • We should also see what we could get if we just sell.
    submitted by /u/KingKred
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment