• Breaking News

    Friday, March 29, 2019

    Things are slower than usual and you need to book some demos right now—what's your go-to cold outreach tactic to make that happen? Sales and Selling

    Things are slower than usual and you need to book some demos right now—what's your go-to cold outreach tactic to make that happen? Sales and Selling


    Things are slower than usual and you need to book some demos right now—what's your go-to cold outreach tactic to make that happen?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    I know there's no magic bullet but if you were in this situation, what would you do? Referring to B2B software sales here.

    *updated description to be more descriptive after u/andyracic1 shamed me

    submitted by /u/ralph_macchioman
    [link] [comments]

    Saleswomen of reddit- how do you navigate client relationship building when you feel like they may be testing your boundaries of professionalism?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    Hi all! Long sales cycle here- big clients. As we know its typical to go out to drinks with clients, dinners, etc. Had an important decision maker ask me to come out for a drink with him and some of the team. Debated it, went out, it was just him at a very loud bar. No team in sight. Proceeded to have an uncomfortable couple drinks, avoided advances and left. Granted, he's shared more about his teams needs since with me/more responsive- but now trying to say we should go out to a theme park to discuss needs, etc. Basically sounds like a date to me.

    This decision maker is important and can open alot of doors for my biggest account. I'm uncomfortable not knowing what to do when client relationships matter, but the envelope when it comes to professionalism and my boundaries are being pushed.

    And before you say "just tell him you don't want to go out one-on-one with him" think about how common it is for men to go out one on one with a client to build rapport, and also think about how fragile // aggressively men can take to being flat out rejected and having their ego hurt.

    I'm just confused and stressed out about how to be taken seriously as a professional, without missing out on opportunities. Charm matters in sales and to say it doesn't is lying to ourselves. However, I'm a professional and will keep it that way.

    OTHER WOMEN IN SALES, HOW DO YOU NAVIGATE THE WEIRDNESS? It's making me not want to do my job and I really need your help.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Strangeluxe
    [link] [comments]

    How many people here smoke to deal with stress ?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    Does the field of degree I get matter?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    After forking out $600 I was able to recover my transcript from a university I used to attend (I was suspended for 2 semesters for some classic underage drinking) so now I have 16 perfectly good credits which I'm confident will transfer to my local community college.

    I've I'm gunna take up school again and have something to show for it.

    My passion is science, specifically chemistry and biology. However, I'm concerned that if I get bachelors in Chemistry, I'll basically be taking on $36,000 in debt for no reason whatsoever.

    If I get a degree in Chemistry, will employers see that as more/less as valuable as degree in say Business or Communications?

    submitted by /u/BloopyGooberMfer
    [link] [comments]

    Question about a commission plan discrepancy.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    My company allows a ramp up quota for your first quota selling. Everyone had the same quota each quarter but those who take the ramp that first quarter have half the quota.

    I started with a batch of new reps and as we entered the new quarter we were asked if we wanted the ramp or not. I asked for more info and answers so I could fully understand the differences but was met with mostly half answers because my manager didn't know. Long story short I didn't take the ramp because I had enough pipeline and I was told I'd be eligible for a $1800 bonus if I hit 105% of quota.

    Today I find out that the way they determine commission rates is by dividing your variable pay target by your quota but In this case those who took the ramp are getting a 3.5% higher commission rate for all sales not just for q1 but for the whole first half.

    If someone had been able to explain the real differences between taking the ramp and not I would have obviously taken it because that 3.5 percent difference results in a difference in pay much larger than that bonus.

    Do you think it's worth trying to get my manager to give me the same rate? I feel like I'm being punished for taking the higher quota and choosing the option that was pushed as the best for the whole team. But I did sign a comp plan so they could always say you agreed to this.

    submitted by /u/throwaway864576
    [link] [comments]

    Corporate Gifts

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Hi All ,

    I sell corporate gifts for a gourmet chocolate/snack company. This time of year opportunities can be slim as most clients stick to ordering around the holidays. I'm trying to refocus how I handle my cold leads and who to target. Are there reasons in your industry that you would gift year round? Who in your company is responsible for handling corporate gifting ? Thanks in advance for any input !

    submitted by /u/yourgravityfails
    [link] [comments]

    Interview Questions to Ask

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:43 AM PDT

    I've been with my current job for 15 years, 8 years in Ops and 7 years sales. Logistics company.
    I have an interview next week for a VP Sales role at another Logistics company.
    It's been forever since I've interviewed for anything. Any advice you can share on questions that I should ask my interviewer?

    submitted by /u/HereIAm1218
    [link] [comments]

    Bluejeans

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 04:21 AM PDT

    Has anyone ever worked at Bluejeans? Or know people that work there?

    Considering working there. But a little concerned by the reviews on Glassdoor

    submitted by /u/pineappleban
    [link] [comments]

    Succeeding as an SDR but...

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    I'm doing very well in my 9th month as an enterprise SDR but I'm pretty worried. I feel like my success has come from finding new avenues and thinking outside the box rather than my "sales skills". I'm terrible on the phone but great in real life which doesn't really matter as its 99% inside sales.

    Prior to this position, I was in a full sales cycle role and did very well there as well but once again I don't think it was anything to do with me being good but just finding different opportunities

    I'm a bit worried for my continued success here and eventual movement to an AE as i just don't think I'm good at what i do. has anyone been in this position before or felt this way?

    submitted by /u/421k
    [link] [comments]

    What questions need to be asked before joining a quickly growing tech startup? I’ve worked at large corporations throughout my career with a lot of success. This would be my first startup.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:56 AM PDT

    Top Podcasts/ motivation for sales

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    What are some of your favorite sales podcasts?

    submitted by /u/johnanthonysales
    [link] [comments]

    Wife wants to go into Insurance under Farmer's. Anyone have experience in the industry?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've been in b2b 9 years, 6 in payroll. I have established quite a network, and I can refer my clients to her.

    Her income is just fun money for us.

    My main question is, does anyone have experience starting a p&c book and is it better to be independent or go through a national agency?

    She wants to focus on commercial insurance (personal too).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/itsakoala
    [link] [comments]

    Enterprise sales guys, how did you get your first job?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    In the spirit of the last few posts, how did you guys get your first opportunity?

    I have been in SMB sales for about 2.5 years, and I would like to be at the enterprise level. I somehow got an interview for 1 middle market job and 2 enterprise jobs and each of them were leery of allowing me to go on further in the process because while my number for SMB is good, they question whether I can handle the 6mo - 2yr buying cycles that enterprise sales has. I tried to set their minds at ease, but each time I was rejected.

    I am getting tired of SMB sales to the point where if I cant break out of this I will leave sales as a whole and do something else. Or go into Account Management.

    In my current role, 80% of my leads are generated by a lead generation team. My close ratio is about 50% for qualified leads. I skipped being a BDR/SDR by convincing my employer I could close as much stuff as they could give me and to take a chance on me. I proved them correct. I also feel like this may be my downfall?

    How did you get your first enterprise opportunity?

    Did they actually train you when you got the job?

    -What did your first 6 months look like in your first role?

    I feel like I missed the boat by not doing an IBM, SAP, Oracle Class of Entry level sales role out of college, or doing a SDR/BDR -> AE transition at a tech company, because most of these jobs dont want to take a chance on a rep moving up to a higher division.

    submitted by /u/DarthBroker
    [link] [comments]

    Selling Comcast door-to-door?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    I'm considering a 1099 gig through one of their marketing contractors.

    Does anyone have any Comcast residential sales experience to share?

    submitted by /u/NightTerra
    [link] [comments]

    Is sales - cold calling terrible job?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 11:59 PM PDT

    Hi guys

    so a bit about me

    did accounting at university and worked at a tax firm for a bit but hated it. TBH, i'm not sure if it was so much the work i was doing or just how I was at the time (sleeping issues, eating issues , anxiety --> all are resolved now)

    Anyway i 've been applying for jobs (i'm unemployed) and i had an interview with a company that sell eftpos machines. In the interview, the interviewers seemed to have no soul. They seemed sad/depressed. This has made me think that this isn't a nice place to work. ANYWAYS, my role would be mostly cold calling companies and trying to sell the eftops machines. But i have potential to move into consulting and business development.

    Would this be a shit job? should i go back to accounting ?

    submitted by /u/cruelpain
    [link] [comments]

    New accounting partner - need recommendations

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I am joining in an existing accounting partnership in California and will be what is known as a "growth partner", that is, I only have a small book of existing clients and am now expected to go out into the world and generate my own book of clients.

    I don't have any formal training in sales and that is definitely not covered in my CPA training. Is there any formal online training that you recommend? I think that I would be okay in a meeting for demonstrating that I know my stuff but I am really vague on everything leading up to the actual meeting like how to find people, etc.

    Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/RareJahans
    [link] [comments]

    POS vs Cybersecurity for first BDR Job

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    Hi r/sales,

    I'm graduating from college in a little over a month and I'm evaluating a few different opportunities to start my career in sales. Without going into too much detail, I'm especially interested in two jobs, one of which is in cybersecurity sales and the other is POS.

    Cybersecurity as an industry is more attractive to me in the long term. But as far as these two jobs go, the POS one has a shorter and clearer path to promotion to being an AE and I think the company itself is a little more of a recognizable name.

    I know people change industries all the time. But if I'm ultimately looking to get into security sales, would it make sense to start in POS because of the above reasons?

    submitted by /u/SimilarlyLargeDog
    [link] [comments]

    Good sales jobs for a young adult with some experience?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    TL:DR : 22yrold with experience in the car business, solar sales business and water treatment sales, looking for a bit of a laxed job I can handle while attending school.

    Hello guys! I'm 22 years old looking for a possible sales job I can take whilst going to school, I have some experience in the new car business as well spent some time selling solar and a couple months selling water treatment systems. Looking for something hopefully a little less stressful so I can still remain focused on school and still bringing in a decent income (would ideally like on avg $1,000 a week). I liked the solar gig I had but am not a fan of the companies within my area and would like to switch up to something different possibly. I have heard good things about Saas sales but don't really have any avenue to get in on a job like that. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Maybe what I'm asking for is unrealistic and out of reach, please let me know thank you!

    submitted by /u/ShireBurgo
    [link] [comments]

    Parallel dialers: Those who have experience with one - did you notice any difference using them in the trial vs after purchasing

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    I manage an sdr team and after seeing a post on this sub about them I was very interested in that kind of solution.

    At this point we've run through a trial with two companies who appear to be market leaders and are planning to discuss pricing soon.

    During the trials my team didn't experience any of the issues I've read about with these types of tools (in particular a noticable delay from the time the call is transferred from the agent to the SDR that can cause problems with prospects). So I am curious if anyone has experienced a difference between using it in a trial and using it after purchase.

    Also if anyone has other good feedback about these tools I'd love to learn about it!

    submitted by /u/natedawg757
    [link] [comments]

    How much access to customer accounts do you get?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    Say you have a customer sign up for a trial of your software, how much of your customer's account can you see? Can you see it all? None?

    I'm flying a little blind right now doing Saas with minimal info on trial user to convert to long term subscribers. I basically know if they signed in or not. Since privacy is a major concern and growing these days I'm curious what your experience is and what seems to be the industry standard.

    submitted by /u/AndNeitherDoI
    [link] [comments]

    Sales advice for financial advisors

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    Longtime lurker first time poster.

    Interested to get a conversation going from people in the financial services industry about sales strategies for building a wealth management practice, but more broadly its about businesses that have transitioned from one off "transactional" models to recurring fees for service and the way that changes the sales game.

    I think for some industries this change has meant a lower barrier to closing a sale because at worst the client is out a few months of fees and can cancel if the service is poor. No high initial cost that has to be justified.

    My industry has made this shift as well, but it's made closing new business much tougher when starting out. In the old days, the people in my seat did a ton of cold calling, and it was possible to go from zero relationship to pitching a stock idea to closing a sale in one phone call. If the trade went well, they might do more business, if not, it was on to the next one.

    Now its an "assets under management" game. Essentially the client has to trust you enough to move a big chunk of their net worth over to your firm. We then charge about 1% a year for portfolio management and financial planning.

    Currently in a junior role without much overt sales pressure (and very little sales culture in the firm), but its clear that the way to move up to the next level is to bring in a few serious accounts.

    In my company, there is practically zero outbound sales activity, very little media spend, web marketing is discouraged, etc etc. Lots of older reps with deep client books that rely on referrals for growth. None who've built a practice from scratch in the "fee for service" era, so not a ton of wisdom I can draw on for strategies.

    Lots of current marketing effort goes into wine and dine events with speakers paid for by the firm, the occasional sports outings. In other words, indirect networking/prospecting type activities that don't seem to move the needle much.

    On the other hand, the firms that do a ton of cold calling or outbound sales tend to come of as desperate/sleazy. Obviously that's not going to fly for the $1-10mm clients I need to be targeting.

    So basically I'm looking for ideas, books, blogs, strategies, whatever you've got that focuses on this kind of longer sale.

    submitted by /u/DCadvisor
    [link] [comments]

    Boss wants me “out there”

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 03:39 PM PDT

    I just started a new position as a business development manager for a staffing company in the NC/SC. My boss would like for me to set appointments and pitch to as many potential hiring managers as possible. They do not want me to identify a need, or a client that already uses a staffing service, he just wants me to meet and present to as many people as possible. I am only targeted and my bonus structure is all around number of meetings set.Under other circumstances I would be concerned about the kiss many frogs approach, but given I am targeted and bonus only on meetings, the quality is not important.

    So I'm looking for some help on how I can set up meetings with potential hiring managers even if they have never used a service like ours.

    I assume my pitch should probably sound something like this

    "Hello John my name is Bob with XYZ company. I assume that name does not ring any bells? "

    "We help automotive and aerospace manufacturing companies with their biggest challenge, their people. Sometimes those clients had tried generalist staffing firm who don't understand their industry and send poor quality candidates. Some clients had turned to expensive consultancies that understand the industry but really gouge them on price. We bridge the gap between the two, we specialize in automotive and aerospace so we know the candidates well but we're much cheaper than management consulting firms. Would you be open to scheduling a meeting so I can share some case studies and market information to see if we might be a fit for your organization?"

    How does that sound? What objections are likely to come from this? How should I handle? I'm a recruiter by trade and never been in a Sales only role before. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/StaffingRookie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment