• Breaking News

    Monday, March 25, 2019

    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of March 25, 2019 small business

    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of March 25, 2019 small business


    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of March 25, 2019

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 04:58 PM PDT

    Post business promotion messages here including special offers especially if you cater to small business.

    Note: To prevent your messages from being flagged by the autofilter, don't use shortened URLs.

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    [PINNED] In this post, share your small business experience, successes, failures, AMAs, and lessons learned. Week of March 25, 2019

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    This post welcomes and is dedicated to:

    • Your business successes
    • Small business anecdotes
    • Lessons learned
    • Unfortunate events
    • Unofficial AMAs
    • Links to outstanding educational materials (with explanations and/or an extract of the content)

    /r/smallbusiness is one of a very few subs where people can ask questions about operating their small business. To let that happen the main sub is dedicated to answering questions about subscriber's own small businesses.

    Many people also want to talk about things which are not specific questions about their own business. We don't want to disappoint those subscribers and provide this post as a place to share that content without overwhelming specific and often less popular simple questions.

    This isn't a license to spam the thread. Business promotion and free giveaways are welcome only in the Promote Your Business thread. Thinly-veiled website or video promoting posts will be removed as blogspam.

    Discussion of this policy and the purpose of the sub is welcome at https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusiness/comments/ana6hg/psa_welcome_to_rsmallbusiness_we_are_dedicated_to/

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    I had my first event today and even though I just broke even I’m pretty proud.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    Hello guys so just like the tittle says I'm 40 days into running a super small business and had my first vendor event and broke even. I didn't sell out like I hoped but today was such a learning curve and I met so many awesome people. All the vendors gave me some great advice and tips if I get asked back to the next one I don't have anyone to tell so I figured this would be the best place to share!

    submitted by /u/Urikalynn_
    [link] [comments]

    How do laundromats and car washes deposits so many coins?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    I can't think of a reasonable explanation. Does the owner or an employee just sit there for hours counting coins and wrapping them? Do they carry a 50 pound bag into the bank once a week and slam it on the counter? I work across a large bank and never seen anyone do that before.

    submitted by /u/CoupleClothing
    [link] [comments]

    Accelerate - Dedicated Remote Personal Assistants for <$5 / hr to help with your small business (Resumes and interviews are free / non-obligatory)

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:38 PM PDT

    Build The Best Workflow With These 6 Tools Today

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    ISO Craigslist Marketing Agency/Group/Lone Ranger

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 02:15 AM PDT

    After years of marketing, I've found, without a shadow of a doubt, Craigslist has the best ROI for my business.

    I suck at Craigslist. They're mean.

    Please help. Will pay money, in US dollars!

    Little background; I post all over the US, but every few days, my new ad starts getting instaflagged. I change it up, some go through, some get flagged. Soon, they're all getting flagged. I'm wasting a lot on CL, and I need help!

    submitted by /u/PhantomHermitSam
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up an Asian Eatery in London. Need help with location.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 01:16 AM PDT

    Hey,

    Currently have an outlets in Dubai. Want to start something in London this year.

    Can someone tell me of good locations I should be looking at?

    Somewhere which is densely populated and has a mix of work and residents living there.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/asiaafrica
    [link] [comments]

    Strange customer

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    My dad started an online business. He recently got a purchase that turned out super weird. He was looking up the address to create a mailing label and found that the address does not actually exist. It was middle of a road. He tried to reach out to the purchaser and turned out phone number given was that of the apartment. Digging further, the apartment turned out to be fake. Customer has a fake fb accout with several fake friends all created same day and time. The apartment has google listing, website etc but all seem fake. Apartment's fb was created at the same time fake fb accounts of the users were created. Everything seems so weird and creepy. Has this happened to anyone and why anyone would do this? Serious answers only please.

    submitted by /u/helpfulguy2346
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to expand, maybe our business is too niche?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    Hi there, we run a business that sells screen protectors for car infotainment/navigation systems (www.screenwarden.com)

    We are getting a few sales but it's not consistent and none of it is coming from our Shopify website, it's coming from our Amazon and eBay channels.

    We have reached out to customers and DM'd hundreds of people on Instagram and sent out newsletters, this hasn't done much at all for our sales. We have also paid for Facebook ads and Instagram ads for the first 6 months (spending about $100-150) a month. We are struggling to expand because of the amount of different screens in cars and therefore having to stock so many different screen protectors, but with a minimum order of 50 we are just stockpiling and can't just order them if only one person wants one for a specific Hyundai model.

    We are starting to think this business is too niche, is it worth pursuing it? We are welcome to any criticism and any advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Screenwarden
    [link] [comments]

    Software for ceiling lcd display behind counter

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    I'm assuming the commercial ones we see at the chain stores are really expensive. Was wondering if anyone has any affordable systems to do this?

    Besides 2-3 lcd's with ceiling mounts, what kind of software runs this? Wanting something like this for our auto service shop counter, to professionally display common items and prices along with promos. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SigBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice on starting a microbrewery/bbq joint?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    I'm contemplating buying an out of business microbrewery to start my own in upstate NY. I'm looking for any advice any current or former business owners may have that could help me be successful. What type of business entity should I create, should I get a small business loan to finance the start up? I know new york has grants available for microbreweries. I'm an honorably discharged veteran are there any special financing options? Any and all advice is welcome.

    submitted by /u/salmonallard
    [link] [comments]

    Potential customer repeatedly asking for large discount

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    The title says it all really but I am getting lots of requests from a potential customer for a few pieces of work (I restore items) but is constantly asking for discount. Their words...They want a fair price as they are trusting me with their goods.

    How can I politely turn them away? Alarm bells are ringing and I'm concerned they will be a bit of a nightmare from start to finish if I proceed with the order.

    Even if I do go ahead, they wanted a 20% discount initially - which was kindly rejected. What is a fair discount to offer other than free goods?

    submitted by /u/pippym
    [link] [comments]

    Criticize (Constructively) My Website

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    I believe that feedback is the most important thing to receive as a business owner. Whether product, service, or otherwise, there is always something the end-user wants that we overlook. If you are feeling like lending a hand, take a look at my website and let me know what you love, like, meh, dislike, hate, things missing, things that need to not be there, whatever. Any feedback is much appreciated.

    www.runinfinite.com

    What I do:

    I create online/digital/virtual training plans for trail and ultramarathon runners. I also create custom monthly plans. It's currently just me. There is a blog dedicated to articles to learn about various topics, and a newly created athlete-contributor blog for useful articles that athletes might be inspired to submit.

    I'm about 2 years into coaching, 1 year into this website platform. Right now, it pays the rent and nothing more, but I'm hoping to take this full time within the next few years, with enough learning and luck. Slow grind, but worth every moment!

    Thanks, and never stop creating.

    submitted by /u/bcy93
    [link] [comments]

    External Addition Home Office

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    I'm not totally confident in my knowledge of this subject so forgive me if I'm totally off base here.

    I'm currently running my business out of a home office however we are needing the space in the house. Instead of renting a space, would it be possible for my business to pay for the construction of an external structure on our property that would be used 100% as an office for my business. In addition would that construction cost be able to be written off?

    I know I should talk to a tax professional about this, I just wanted to get a more clear idea before exploring this more closely. Thanks!

    TLDR;

    1. Can my business pay for construction of an office on my property?
    2. Can I write that off?

    submitted by /u/scotty_pimmpen
    [link] [comments]

    Profit or ROI?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    I run a small eBay store that I plan to scale. I can leverage my friends money on a deal where I can put just $10 in and have him put $170 in, and I make $62 and he makes $220. I make more profit then him and I put only $10 in the deal. However, I could put $60 instead in the deal instead of $10 and make $132, a $72 profit. That is a %120 ROI, but when I put $10 in it is over %500 ROI. Should I go for the easy majority of the cash with ridiculous ROI's ( I could put no money in and still make $52, more money than him), or should I try to squeeze out as much profit as possible. In this case putting in another $60 makes me an extra $20.

    submitted by /u/dalh2424
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a Sourcer/Manufacturer

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, Considering opening up a small business but am a bit confused on how to find a manufacturer to produce my product. Anyone with experience in sourcing their product and finding a manufacturer (domestic or international) able to offer information on their experience finding a manufacturer? And details on the import process challenges if you had any? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/darshnog
    [link] [comments]

    Salary vs hourly for blue collar employees

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    Has anyone switched from hourly to salary (or other way around) and seen an increase in job retention? My goal this year is to keep 80% of the workers I hire for more than 1 year so I'm adding better incentives, benefits, more flexible schedules and possibly salaries. It's hard keeping workers in my line of work and if you find a good worker you do whatever you can to keep them on board for as long as possible.

    I feel like consistent paychecks may help keep guys around longer, but I also feel like it may make some guys lazier. However, it may help days go by quicker as they'd be less likely to milk the clock.

    If you guys have any experience with switching to salary from hourly, I'd love to hear some thoughts, tips and ideas!

    submitted by /u/abusivecat
    [link] [comments]

    My area desperately needs Barbers, how do answer that need?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    Context: I live in a military town that's relatively up-and-coming, lots of new development. The only barbers in a 5mi radius are a greatclips (lol) and one super run down (but very skilled) shop. Is there any way for someone who's not a barber to fill this need?

    submitted by /u/inlovewitha_ghost
    [link] [comments]

    Social media management and creation and website update and creation for businesses (specifically restaurants but could work for other businesses types).

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    It's well known that people are becoming more and more careful with how they spend their money and by extension where they choose to eat. I personally always check online if I am in a new area when looking for restaurants and never just wonder into a random place. Almost 100% of the time I will check out Tripadvisors for the local area and menus of places that look good. If it has no menu online or a poor TripAdvisor page I will simply ignore it and go somewhere that does.

    Essentially my business idea would entail trailing through the trip advisor page for your local area or city and identifying which restaurants have very little social media, no website, no menu available online (a real pet peeve of mine) or a poor TripAdvisor page with very little info on it. My area has around 2000 restaurants so plenty of potential opportunities.

    Then make contact with these businesses via email, telephone, existing social media sites and offer services for social media set up and management, website design, menu design etc. You could go one step further and personalise each communication with personal recommendations with how you could help that restaurant in particular.

    With regard to pricing make custom marketing/social media plans and pricing individual per restaurant/business with whatever suits them and their budget.

    Startup costs should be pretty low a good well laid out website would of course be necessary and potentially some printing costs.

    Could this be a potentially good startup business idea? Is there anything I'm glaringly missing? Could be tough getting started but almost all start ups are. Any one got any suggestions, critiques or concerns?

    submitted by /u/housebounce1
    [link] [comments]

    Fiancé wants to produce a line of fermented foods and beverages. Where should we start?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    My fiancé owns and operates a small organic farm with goats, cows and bees. He currently sells honey around the neighborhood, and wants to eventually expand into a fermented product line: mead, kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, etc. What's the smart way to approach this? 1) Build up a rep for high quality honey over 2-3 years and then gradually introduce his other products? 2) Roll out the products now and let the market be the judge of which ones we keep making and which we'll discontinue? 3) Some other strategy neither of us is seeing?

    submitted by /u/researchusesonly
    [link] [comments]

    Logo creation

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 06:05 AM PDT

    Hey guys Could anyone point me in the direction of someone who can professionally finish my logo? I have a design in kind, just need to make it look more pro as my skills in ms paint are limited Tia

    submitted by /u/filthystoker
    [link] [comments]

    Producing a similiar product as an acquaintance's brother

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Good evening, a few weeks ago i was at acquaintances house and the brother was prepairing his product in his garage. The product is pretty requested and i'm sure i could the a similiar good product but different design. Before i start making more thoughts on how to proceed, i would like to confront the brother, that i will produce a similar product. I dont want to ask the brother for permission, but i want to tell him, that i will make my own design and wont be a rival or so.

    What do you think about the idea? How should i confront the brother with these news? What would you like to hear in the brothers position?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sorry for any wrong grammar, not native english speaker.

    submitted by /u/Ombrecutter
    [link] [comments]

    Commercial Kitchen vs. Food Packaging Service for Small Business

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I was hoping for some guidance as I'm a bit overwhelmed with the direction that I should be going for my food startup.

    All in all, I'm creating a product that is basically a freeze-dried foods mix that will then be sold as a snack. I know my recopies and have perfected them - thing is, I can't just bulk order this stuff and just package it myself in my house because of food safety regulations (dried things have a long shelf life so no issues there). I effectively have two options:

    • Go to a commercial kitchen that has a health license and compile the product myself (this is costly) OR
    • Ask a food packer to do this (not as costly but I haven't sold anything so as a startup, not sure who would do this for me)

    I feel like there must be a cheaper/more efficient way to do this and any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated!!

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/nicefella92
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest/smartest way to upgrade from Hostgator shared (baby) plan to a VPS?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    I currently have a Hostgator shared (baby) plan with a primary domain and several sub domains (the baby plan allows for unlimited subdomains). I anticipate a large increase in traffic on one of my subdomains in the near future. I know that the current plan I have doesn't allow for much flexibility and I know I'll need to upgrade soon to, I assume, a VPS. How can I maintain both of my domains and upgrade to a VPS with the most ease? I know that HostGator is not the ideal hosting service, who will allow me for a smooth transfer? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/HackActivist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment