• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 24, 2019

    LinkedIn Profile Tips for new Sales Professionals Sales and Selling

    LinkedIn Profile Tips for new Sales Professionals Sales and Selling


    LinkedIn Profile Tips for new Sales Professionals

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 04:13 AM PDT

    I'm a recent graduate with a tech background. Looking to start in software sales.

    How can one optimize their LinkedIn profile with no real prior sales experience?

    submitted by /u/slippy_b
    [link] [comments]

    Offered a Consulting Arrangement, any advice y'all can share??

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    So i recently enetered the job market and was quickly offered 2 different positions. I decided to accept the offer with company A, however Company B is now offering me a short term consulting arrangement (after i turned down their offer), as i ran the sales dept. for one of their competitors. Im inclined to say yes, im just not sure what sort of compensation i should ask for, as ive never done any consulting before.

    Thoughts,comments, concerns???

    submitted by /u/Thelvl1bandit
    [link] [comments]

    How do I handle jealous/ resentful coworkers?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    I'm one of the top producers in the office. Name is always on the top of the board. I make the most calls and have the most productivity. I've been with the company for 6 months.

    It seems like other salesman are resentful. I'm constantly being made fun of and mocked. They even started emailing around memes of me.

    I don't go around bragging or anything I just hustle all day.

    Any suggestions on how to handle jealous coworkers? I try to ignore them but sometimes it gets to me.

    All input is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/napossystems
    [link] [comments]

    Moving from Saas to event sponsorships/exhibitor booth sales; Advice appreciated

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm just about to get started in even sales (sponsorships & exhibitor booth sales), and I'm stoked. As I'll be attending sales training in about 1 week, I'm curious to hear any advice or insights related to selling event space, attending events and good tips/insights for such a position.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/munchiesssss
    [link] [comments]

    Do SDR’s normally do discovery calls?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    I'm one of the first SDR's at a mid sized ERP company. I call leads, ask them some hyper basic qualifying questions, send them over to sales reps for a discovery call with a sales engineer.

    Is this normal? The discovery call almost seems like something SDR's should be capable of at least from my point of view. I'm very new to Software and B2B as a whole.

    submitted by /u/wstruin
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    Was thinking about creating a throwaway account for this because a few of my colleagues actually use reddit a lot. But I am past the point of caring so here goes:

    I was offered a new role as an Inside sales rep [Full sales cycle] at a SAAS based company who had recently acquired a smaller SAAS based solution to add to their product family. They wanted to build an inside sales team that will close deals and help push the new solution into the market.

    For the purpose of this, let's call the newly acquired solution - PRODUCT B and the main solution offered by my company - PRODUCT A.

    You see, most businesses can get along fine with just PRODUCT A. Product B is an add-on that can improve efficiencies.. the plan is to use our PRODUCT B to expand in the market.. if a prospect is not happy with their PRODUCT A, I can tell them to come with us because we offer PRODUCT B and A.. it's a win win because only 2 of our competitors have B and A.. the rest only have a product A.

    I hope that wasn't confusing?

    Anyways, as i started the new role, I was told a few things which I shall list below :

    • Pricing for product B is 2nd most expensive in the industry.

    • I am not allowed to sell PRODUCT A, so if I am talking to a prospect and they want to get PRODUCT A and B, I have to pass it on to the field reps.

    • If the prospect ends up purchasing PRODUCT A and B, I get to share my commission for PRODUCT B with the Field rep, but I don't get target relief - meaning, it does not help my target.

    • Only way I get my full commission and target relief is if the prospect only purchases PRODUCT B.

    So far in my role, i have noticed this - The pricing for product B is better suited for enterprise and when I approach enterprise firms, they are mostly looking for Product A and B.. Which means i'd have to pass it on to field rep.. I have complained about this, but I have been told that it's part of the game bla bla bla.

    I am not tempted to lie to companies when they ask me about our Product A.. maybe I tell them that our PRODUCT A is only hosted on PREM only.. that way I'll get them to focus on Product B alone.

    oh and by the way, no marketing budget for PRODUCT B.. I generate the leads myself and close myself.. it's like being an SDR that can close.

    So what are your thoughts? Am I getting played here?? or Am I being impatient?

    submitted by /u/ihenewa
    [link] [comments]

    Best courses to use my company’s tuition reimbursement?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    I'm in Saas sales and my company will reimburse $5000 a year for courses taken at an accredited college.

    What are some suggestions for types of classes that will be beneficial to a sales professional?

    submitted by /u/mackancheese
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my career path/picking my first sales job

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. This is my first time posting here, but I've followed the page for a while and wanted to start by thanking you all for the awesome information and knowledge I've gotten so far.

    To begin, I'm graduating in June and have been applying/interviewing with SaaS tech companies regarding entry level BDR/SDR/ADR positions. I am located in California, and all of the companies I'm considering are in San Fransisco, Los Angeles, or Santa Barbara.

    I currently work part time at a privately held Financial SaaS company, and was recently promoted to Sales Intelligence Associate (directly assisting the inside sales team to generate and qualify leads) after absolutely crushing it as a Sales Recruiter (quota carrying role to recruit outside salesmen) for 6 months. I also just finished up a Sales Internship at a startup mobile app company. I have more experience than most people in my position.

    I'm trying to decide whether I should take a position at Oracle right out of college or if I should look to accept a role at smaller (privately held) companies.

    I know Oracle has an outstanding training program, and I feel that could be really helpful for the rest of my career. I probably wont be selling something super interesting, but I will become an AE after the program ends (around 12 months). Their compensation package isn't that great (relative), but I feel the training I will receive makes up for it (correct me if i'm wrong). Also, given what I've recently heard about them in the media, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to work there?

    On the other hand, I feel that there is a different kind of value to working for a smaller company. For instance, some of the smaller companies I have been applying for/interviewing with are establishing their first sales team, so I would have much more responsibility and much more room to grow and learn from direct challenges and experiences. Other companies just offer really cool tech as well as better compensation and benefits. I'm also worried that these companies have a much higher potential to fail than Oracle does. This is especially worrying given all the recent talks of a depression in the near future.

    I already have an offer for Oracles BDC "Class of" program as well as an offer from the Financial SaaS company I currently work for. Both compensation packages are similar, and lower than most of the other companies I've been speaking with. I'm expecting to have a few more offers (hopefully) by the time I graduate.

    I wanted to get your personal opinions/advice for moving forward. I just want to make a smart move to jumpstart my career. I've asked other professionals I personally know, but wanted to get a more diverse, unbiased audience's opinion. What should I be considering when making my decision?

    I really appreciate anything you have to offer. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/hamoudidoodi
    [link] [comments]

    What does it take to directly sell to a supermarket chain? How do you approach them successfully?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 09:24 AM PDT

    How do you put together your sales quotations?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    Hey guys.

    I have recently started looking into getting some quotation software, as I'm currently doing quotes manually, repeating many of the same tasks over and over. The way I put together quotations now, is either by preparing it in an excel spreadsheet, or simply by sending a response by e-mail with the product offered, price and terms (depending on the size of the quotation). I sell IT hardware solutions and parts.

    First of all this got me curious. How do other sales people handle preparing quotations? Does your company have an integrated solution where you input all the data to generate them? Do you have your own personal setup in excel like I do? Or do you have a completely different way of managing it? And which industry are you in? Obviously there is a big difference in having a stock of 50.000+ different part numbers, to offering a handful of different software solutions.

    Secondly. Are there any quotation applications you can recommend?

    submitted by /u/Shimavi
    [link] [comments]

    Got promoted to account executive in a remote company, how hard is it to stay remote and change companies?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    I started as an sdr at a larger sales organization (800 people). I hated everything there so I moved to a remote sdr role, did very well and got promoted to account executive after 7 months.

    I like this company, ill probably stay a few more years, but the product is boring and ote is still limited at this time.

    I didnt expect this promotion , and Im not sure how to move laterally at this point . I would like to stay remote for my career if possible so I can move around the country to my favorite cities

    submitted by /u/sikhninja
    [link] [comments]

    Is SaaS Sales Really That Lucrative?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I see huge numbers thrown around here when it comes to tech/saas sales, 150k+ OTE's and even more. Question is are you guys really hitting those and bringing in 150k+? How common are these jobs that you can make 200-300k a year? I'm in Toronto and it seems like options are very limited for that here.

    submitted by /u/Lebronto11
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good rule of thumb for finder's fee or broker fees?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    Say there's a product that 2-3 people you know say they have connections to buyers, and you want to incentivize them to open up and help close a sale.

    submitted by /u/mcallejas
    [link] [comments]

    Outlook based email tracking tool?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 07:22 AM PDT

    I used Toutapp for last 3-4 years to track outlook emails. Looks like Marketo is killing the product now. I'm looking for better or similar product which has good tracking abilities and campaigning capacity. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/umyal2001
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you travel for your job?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 04:47 AM PDT

    EDIT: And are there sales jobs where you don't have to travel outside of 1 city often?

    submitted by /u/sir_sharts_a_lot
    [link] [comments]

    The next recession

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    With all the talks of an upcoming recession, how will this effect the job market for sales? Also, will it make selling products more challenging since companies will be tightening their belts? Any experience's from 2008 in here?

    submitted by /u/grassandmoneydontmix
    [link] [comments]

    How can I find my first SaaS job? And am I qualified?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 09:26 PM PDT

    As the title says, I'm looking into getting into SaaS. I've got a few main questions though.

    Currently, I work as a store manager of a major telecommunications company. I directly manage 4-6 employees day to day, all of who are salespeople.

    I've been in this store for about 2 months and have seen 195% MOM increase in revenue back to back both months. I've been with my company almost a year now, 11 months currently.

    I was a market leader in my field, consistently finishing 30-40% higher than the average reps before I became a manager. Now, I still do direct selling, but it is reflected in store revenue, no personal.

    Long story short, I want something that changes up where I'm at. I work about 60hrs a week currently, typically 9a-7p, and I only have Sundays off. It makes it very difficult to have a social life, and for the money I make, it's seeming less and less worth it.

    On a good month, I'll pull in about $3500. That's if I can maximize my bonus on top of my base salary of $45K.

    I want to find something that can increase my earning potential, and that I can actually get out of it what I'm putting in. More flexibility with my work/life would be great as well. I love sales, and don't necessarily have one thing I want to sell, but that's why I'm asking advice I guess.

    I'm based in NorthWest Arkansas, think Bentonville/Fayetteville area, and we have some major business based here.

    My questions are these-

    Where would be a good place to start? What are some SaaS positions I could go into with experience but no college degree? And would I even be qualified? What is the pay structure for these hypothetical positions like? What would be the typical work load/schedule?

    Thank you everyone in advance!

    submitted by /u/ryavco
    [link] [comments]

    Sales jobs on Ziprecruiter?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    There are a ton of sales jobs on Ziprecruiter. Has anybody been successful in landing a good job off of there?

    submitted by /u/sir_sharts_a_lot
    [link] [comments]

    Any sales people at a start up concerned with an economic recession?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    Hi Sales people,

    Curious, are any of you working at a tech startup concerned about an economic recession? We've been in a bull market for a while now and we usually hit some kind of down turn every 10 years or so.

    I'm currently employed at a tech unicorn and am wondering how much longer this can last!

    submitted by /u/maxjwellington
    [link] [comments]

    Easy sales jobs because of luck or timing?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    This is kind of a convoluted question so I'll try to be concise.

    I was talking with a friend who has a higher position than me in the same company (different branch) and she said that she expects the guys under her to be making a killing next year because she knows exactly what orders need to be fulfilled because a product is at the end of its life. Her salesmen have to sell hardware to ever major company to replace an out dated system. By default they are gonna blow through their numbers.

    So it made me think, how many sales people land lucrative sales jobs and do well simply because they land the job at the right time with the right company, selling the right product?

    submitted by /u/mattbag1
    [link] [comments]

    Want to become a financial advisor

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    Have been doing car sales for 3yrs now. Getting tired of the routine. If I got my series 7 before job hunting how hard is it to get up and running?

    submitted by /u/youraveragetwat
    [link] [comments]

    Value Ladder Examples for a Clothing Line

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    Reading a book on sales/marketing and the current topic is Value Ladders. I understand the concept but am having trouble applying to my current model (a clothing line). Does anyone have any examples of a clothing line using a value ladder for their success? If so, could you provide examples of what good and/or service is sold at each step?

    submitted by /u/goldenyellow333
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment