• Breaking News

    Monday, November 26, 2018

    Personal Finance Weekday Help Thread for the week of November 26, 2018

    Personal Finance Weekday Help Thread for the week of November 26, 2018


    Weekday Help Thread for the week of November 26, 2018

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 03:07 AM PST

    If you need help, please check the PF Wiki to see if your question might be answered there.

    While we never remove posts just because a question is answered in the wiki, this thread is a low-key place to ask any question no matter how "moronic" you think it might be.

    Make a top-level comment if you want to ask a question! Also, please don't downvote "moronic" questions! If you have not received your answer within 24 hours, you can feel free to start a discussion.

    A big thank you to the many PFers who take time to answer other people's questions!

    For past help threads, please search the Weekly Archive.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Sell the things that aren't bringing value to you anymore. 5-$20 per item may not seem worth the effort but it adds up. We've focused on this at our house and have made a couple hundred bucks now.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:08 AM PST

    It also makes you feel good knowing that the item is now bringing value to someone else's life instead of sitting there collecting dust

    submitted by /u/oldschoolawesome
    [link] [comments]

    My 2019 plan to free myself of debt.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 02:33 PM PST

    I am young, 19 years old. I only have $5,204.64 in debt. I work as a server currently making around 750-800 a week. Of course being a server means money can fluctuate. Even on our slow weeks I can make at the very least $400 a week. So monthly I make between $1,200 - 2,400. Every week I plan on putting $100 down on my debt or more if I can afford it.

    My bills are only $325 a month. Excluding the payment I currently pay in my credit cards each month. Then paying $100 of each of my debts is about $300-$400 a month.

    I won't buy anything I don't need. No shoes, clothes, makeup, nothing. Not until I pay this completely off.

    I just wanted to write this plan down just to have it there. I'm excited for 2019. I want to go to school to be a real-estate agent. I want to get rid of my terrifying car and get a newer safer one. Get surgery to be able to breathe correctly out of my nose as well. After getting my real-estate license I want to earn enough money to buy a few houses or condos and rent them out to make some extra money. Of course this all can't happen just in one year but this is what I really want.

    submitted by /u/iaywwnm
    [link] [comments]

    My father passed away. I don’t know what to do next.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:15 PM PST

    My father has always been the person to handle things like bills, insurance, etc. But he passed away this morning. I don't know what to do next. My Mom does not have sufficient English to do any of these.

    Regarding finances, he never got to use his 401k and Roth IRA. I don't know what to do with it. He never got to retire. Sorry, I can't type much right now. I will be more specific with questions as the day goes by, but I am just so confused as to how to manage everything right now. Can people help and give me a list of things to do and read?

    Thanks.

    Edits: - Should I hire an attorney? I am based in Minnesota. Does anyone have recommendations? - I am reading on debt and very confused. Which debts does my family need to pay? - Can anybody quickly tell me what a 401k and Roth IRA is? I just know he always talks to me about how he's saving up for his retirement with them. Does it stay in the bank somewhere? With the employer? With the government? Do we need to keep up with it in any way? My Mom is in her mid 40s. - What do we do with health care insurance? Car insurance and so on? - How do I help my Mom pay her immediate bills if the credit card accounts are under his name? Which bills can be deferred? - From above, what can I ignore right now in regard to paying off things?

    submitted by /u/Noodrereg
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth putting an extra $20 a month towards my mortgage principle?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:11 PM PST

    My mortgage payment is $480.52 per month. I am considering rounding it to $500 per month. I did the calculations and it looks like it would knock a bit over two years off and save about $7,000. I just wonder if it's worth it? I am already saving and investing, but I could put the $20 in either of those categories as well.

    submitted by /u/TimeLadyJ
    [link] [comments]

    The hospital that sent my bills to my parents house (advice needed!)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:35 PM PST

    Two months ago I had a miscarriage. It was terrible, I ended up in a hospital that was just an ER and then I was transferred to another hospital. When I was in the ER, my information came up with my Maiden name, my parents address and a bunch of other outdated information from over ten years ago (I went to the same er for an injury in high school). As I was going through the worst pain of my life, my husband spent over thirty minutes correcting the admin? Nurse? A woman who was registering me I suppose ? (Forgive me, I was a bit out of it).

    A month ago my mother sent me a picture of an envelope, opened, with her name, her address and MY hospital bill information. It was just the icing on the cake that my mother would get the bill. If it had been addressed to me, she would not have opened it, but it was HER name on it.

    Then, when I went to get the bill from her it was just a summarized amount. "You owe $2700." . Bam. Nothing listed. The second hospital DID send us our bill, itemized, to my address.

    We have contacted the hospital, asking for an itemized bill and also for them to NOT send it to the wrong address. They were very unhelpful, but promised to do so.

    Three days ago I got another text from my mom. Yes, you guessed it , the bill was sent to her again. Still not itemized. This time she did not open it.

    Past all this privacy violation, we owe nearly 5k now in medical bills. An amount we cannot afford to just up and pay. We have savings, but they are not big enough for this. Is there any guide out there on how to negotiate these bills down?

    I am so glad we pay 700 bucks a month for our insurance to pay a measly $300.00 towards our bills. /s

    Edit: I am in the US, I didn't even think to mention that.

    submitted by /u/Medicalheadache
    [link] [comments]

    How do I negotiate a legitimate raise?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:03 PM PST

    I've been working at my current job for just over a year and my yearly review is coming up on Friday. I work in a corporate office and this is my first experience in this type of environment; as the title suggest I'm not quite sure how to enter this conversation concerning a raise. I have a degree from a great college and I do honestly feel I am being drastically underpaid for my efforts and overall performance. All of my colleagues have informed me I will be offered a 3% raise which I feel is a slap in the face. To me, that is essentially a cost of living adjustment. How do I navigate this type of conversation? I should note this is my first raise in 1 year and at this point they certainly need me more than I need them.

    submitted by /u/SkuzzyVanderRich
    [link] [comments]

    In over my head and not sure what my next step needs to be

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:47 PM PST

    My issue started in the summer of 2015. I was 25 and had a great job as management in the oilfields. My salary was about $109,000/yr and I was living a pretty good life. Credit score was about 740, had 2 cars out on credit, 2 motorcycles, and 6 credit cards. Suddenly I was laid off and out of a job as oil took a plunge and lots of people lost their jobs. I was living in an oilfield town with a small population therefore living was very expensive. My first step was understanding I had to leave the town immediately as it all revolved around oil. I broke my lease and left town for the closest semi-large city a couple hours away with about $10,000 in savings.

    I underestimated how hard trying to find a job would be. I knew I wasn't going to find anything remotely close to what I was making but was hoping for at least half the salary I had. For two months I was applying for careers in this range, as many as I could a week. I would only ever have 2 outcomes, either I was told I was "overqualified" or I just never heard back at all. By the 3rd month seeing my savings getting dangerously low, I started applying for anything management, even if the pay was a third of what I had, and I finally landed something.

    I now work in a field completely unrelated to what I was doing, however I enjoy it, it's for the government, benefits are great, and it's predictable. I'm still at the entry level point but there's huge potential to move up and that's what I'm hoping to do. I currently make about $38,000/yr.

    In these past 3 years I've had to make some tough decisions. I'm not making anywhere near enough to pay the bills I used to have, so I had to default on some. I was able to sell one of my cars to break even on the loan and pay it off, same for one of my motorcycles. The majority of credit accounts however have been sent to collections. My credit scores plunged to 553, 565, and 562.

    My collections are as follows:

    • Capital One - $5,650
    • Bank of America - $4,538
    • Capital One - $2,182
    • Citi - $1,057
    • Citi - $603
    • Sprint - $240
    • Medical Bills - $750

    I have only 2 credit accounts left open which are:

    • Citi - $1,800 owed and paying
    • Amazon - $326 owed and paying

    I almost lost my last car however my mother helped me out and put the balance of the car on her credit card, and now I pay her $350/month on a balance for $12,000~

    My current bills per month, not including food or entertainment, are $1800, which minus my netflix and gym membership totaling $25/month, are all necessities.

    This all comes down to my question I've been asking for awhile now, what next? I really want to be debt free in the next couple years. I've been looking at bankruptcy as an option but I just don't know if that's my best choice. Should I look into those debt consolidation companies that you always see on commercials that seem too good to be true? Should I just try to pay down the debts one at a time?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Edit: Rent, which is my largest expense at $700 a month, is already one of the cheapest in town, and although I'm not happy with my apartment, it's what I can afford for now.

    submitted by /u/financethrowaway1I
    [link] [comments]

    My roommate left and didn’t transfer utilities to my name. Today I got letter from electricity company saying that there is no customer on record for this address.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:55 PM PST

    Basically, I wonder how long I got before they shut down electricity.

    I have no lease (we had verbal agreement) and I am getting my ID in about 4-5 weeks (to make my own account).

    submitted by /u/hmmwillimac
    [link] [comments]

    I have just received $20k from an auto wreck settlement. I am 18, what do I do?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 09:32 AM PST

    So about 18 years ago I was in a wreck and I cracked my skull, yada yada yada, I am now getting $20k.

    I am in college, doing six hours of credit (the semesters almost over and I am still unsure what I'll do for the next one). I have a part time job, working 24 hours a week at $16.50 an hour. I am paying $350 for rent at my apartment and utilities usually comes out to about $120. I am also paying off a car loan which is $321 a month (but I generally pay $350 for better credit). I have around $19,500 left to pay on the car.

    I have $1k in my checking and $2k in Robinhood. What should I do with this blessing of money?

    submitted by /u/LurkAwesomely
    [link] [comments]

    I WANT to lose my house.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 03:51 PM PST

    I live in mobile home (in a park) I bought last year, brand new, with my ex. She's been out for a while and I'm stuck with it. I can't move it while there's a mortgage on it, and selling a mobile home in a park is hard. I've only been paying on it for a year and a half so there's no equity.

    I already talked to the company that owns the park, and they won't buy it back due to no equity. My only option is looking like just trying to sell and hoping for the best.

    So looking to the future, I have a girlfriend I'm looking at moving in with down the road, and it's not an option for her to move in with me.

    Does it seem like I'm just screwed and have no choice than to sell it? Or could filing bankruptcy get me out of it?

    Now before you freak, I also have over $20k in credit card debt that I have enrolled in a debt relief program and 2 vehicles. Only thing I really care about is one of my vehicles, which is upside down by a lot.

    I've been struggling with all my payments and behind on everything. I just want a fresh start. Would filing bankruptcy let me lose my house? Because that's what I want.

    submitted by /u/jediev90
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a gray area in my contract and will it affect my 1099 misclassification report?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 03:29 PM PST

    (US) My sister worked at a financial company for two years. She was hired on as a marketing assistant through a financial professional at the company getting paid $12/hr as a 1099 independent contractor. They strictly managed her hours, trained her to use their programs, required her to work in the office, reviewed her performance and reports, etc. When she asked for a proper raise, the highest they could offer was $13/hr, but she would have to eventually become licensed as well (something they would not pay for). It seemed like a waste of time, so she quit. When she told me the story, it sounded like misclassification of employment based on the IRS's checklist. We reviewed the contracts she signed, but this part is confusing to me...

    One form she signed said her "employer" is technically the financial professional, and they are liable for anything that happens to her, not the company. This includes wages, benefits, termination, and "any governmental taxing authority if it's determined that payments were improperly classified."

    There's a line that says that she is "not entitled to any of the wages or benefits or privileges that the company offers to its employees," which is fine since it mentions several times that my sister "is not an employee of company" and "the execution of this document does not create an employment relationship between [my sister] and company."

    Could we still report this to the IRS? Is it any different because she's employed by a financial professional, not through the company? Does it seem like there's a chance the company would somehow flip this on my sister? Would a CPA be helpful?

    They've manipulated her for too long. With tax season coming up, I'm hoping to help her retain some money, or even get some money back. Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/throwaway6985742
    [link] [comments]

    My hours got cut significantly, need direction on renegotiation with boss.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:58 PM PST

    Hey guys -

    20 years old, currently a technician at a apple product repair and buy/sell franchise location, we've been open for just under a month and I've worked here for around a month.

    Frankly, I'm a fair amount more than a tech - Aside from the owner, I'm the only employee who owns an apple product ATM.

    It goes deeper than that, I was raised on Apple devices, I used to write my own minor software tweaks for iOS, up until I took this position I was gearing up for an internship in a cybersec field.

    Along with comprehensively understanding all of the repairs we do, I help out in quite a few other areas. As our gen Z employee™, I intuitively understand things that baffle our, ahem, older employees, such as marketing on apps like LetGo and Offerup, etc. I cross over into customer service pretty frequently, but above all else, I'm the person that handles shit when somebody is technologically in over their heads.

    I was hired to work 24hr/week at 12/hr, they'd already met their hiring goals but the owner liked me. I needed more hours/pay than that, but rent was coming fast and I had zero funds. By week 2 of training it was clear that I was pretty far ahead of my 2 technician coworkers.

    For perspective, the other 2 techs work 3 days each, one of them M-W and the other Thur-Sat. Both 10-7, our open to close.

    I was subsequently promoted to lead tech, 13/hr, working 12-5pm M-W and 10-7 Thurs-Sat - 42hr a week, ~26k a gear gross.

    The guy who was working T-S couldn't keep up with the actual technicality of the work, so we mutually decided to part ways. We'd been getting resumes here and there, so we set up a few interviews - We finally get someone who seems competent, I have final decision and I like him so I give it the green light, he started 3 days ago.

    Yesterday my boss texted me "from 10-12 and 5-7 we usually don't need 2 techs, so I think it'd be good if you just came in from 12-5 Mon-Sat"

    Perhaps I'm in the wrong, but I just took a ~40% pay cut, down from 26 a year to 15 pretax. I could and would make more in food service, but I like this job a LOT and the environment is second to none.

    I've been thinking about how to leverage my worth to this business in negotiation with my employer, but I'm not sure how. This is the first job I've ever had where I'm an integral part of the company, and while I don't wanna fuck them over, I need to take care of myself.

    I don't want to come across conceited, but this business will suffer severely if I walk. I can see it, the coworker I've spoken with can see it, I've been friends with one of corporate's marketing execs since he was here for training the week I got hired and he goddamn tells me the same thing.

    What do I do, guys?

    Sorry for text wall, I wanted to make sure I gave enough info.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/fluorideboyzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Which Car is the Better Buy?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:30 PM PST

    I am looking between a $19,000 2016 Subaru Forester and $23,000 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport with Eyesight. The 2016 SF has 3.99% financing for 48 months while the 2018 SI has 0.9% financing for 48 months. Who can help me pick out the better bang for my buck in terms of value of the car, monthly payment, depreciation, etc. Thanks!

    Edit: Wow remind me to not ask about spending money on a car on this sub. Downvoters are ruthless lol

    submitted by /u/didntreallylol
    [link] [comments]

    Pros and Cons of Renting Apartment, Renting a Home or Buying a home?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:41 AM PST

    My girlfriend (Age 21) and I (Age 23) have moved into a really nice apartment complex. It's costing us $1,000/month ($500 a piece). A lot of adults keep saying "Why don't you just buy a house if you're going to pay a mortgage rate basically?' but when getting a mortgage you are stuck for 15 - 30 years, and we can't move freely when it comes to jobs and school. And since we've only been together 2 years I'm not ready to settle down with that long a commitment. But everyone says we're throwing away money in an apartment rather than putting it into a mortgage and buying a house over time.

    She brought up renting a home but it's the same as an apartment. In our area renting a home costs about as much or more than our rent, and you're still not purchasing the home. It's not like we can rent for 5 years then decide we want to buy the home we're renting and the past 5 years of rent turns into a deposit on the home. Also it's more land for 2 people which we don't need. Electricity is higher. Water will be higher. If something breaks or stops working we have to hire someone to fix it if we can't ourselves. we'll have to maintain 3 rooms vs 1.

    As for the apartment, sure we never own it but if our toilets are messed up the complex fixes it. Our fridge breaks? They'll replace it. Pest problem? They got it. And 24/7 security. We're not loud people and we don't need a lot of space. We don't care about neighbors. We feel like staying in an apartment until we finish school (Med school) and get stable careers is a lot smarter than buying a home right now. Also inflation has increased mortgage costs by so much that we can't make it.

    Are we dumb renting an apartment vs a house?

    submitted by /u/Pinanims
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Rid of Credit Cards

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:12 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    My credit score is around 700 currently. I've got 18,100 in car loans, 5,600 in student loans and $1000 in credit card debt. I'm looking to apply for a first time home mortgage loan in the next 1-2 years, and I'm interesting in hearing what you guys think. I'm planning on getting rid of my credit cards completely. Right now I have a Wells Fargo account with a $9,500 limit, $480 of which is being used, an amazon credit card with a $500 limit, currently which is maxed. Also, I've got a Dell financial account with a $4,500 limit and $0 used.

    Would it hurt me to completely rid myself of any credit card balances I have and not get any more? I unfortunately don't have the self control to not use credit cards, I'm pretty impulsive. I'm hoping to pay off as much of my debt as possible as fast as possible, get my mortgage and then live credit card and debt free.

    The purpose for this post is that I personally don't like credit cards. They're too easy for me to run up. I always hear that you should have one for emergencies, but I can't control my spending when I know that I have available credit to use. I've run up a mountain of debt on cards before that took me forever to pay off, and that's why I'm so turned off on them.

    submitted by /u/alphaclr
    [link] [comments]

    I had a credit card that I ran up years ago, forgot about and never paid it off. What’s my next step?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:01 PM PST

    Using a throwaway. To begin, i live in New Jersey I was 21 years old when I opened up the one and only credit card I've ever had. I was just kicked out of my abusive fathers home, worked part time and had to live with a guy I had just started dating because I had nowhere else to go. I had no savings and was scrambling to buy food so I applied for a credit card. It only had a $1000 limit and I ran that up within about 6 months. I made a few small payments here and there, but ultimately was still struggling and barely scraping by. The guy and I ended up splitting, I moved out and I went through a brief period of alcoholism. Then I met my wonderful now fiancé who helped me get my life together. This morning, I found my old wallet in a box in the attic and when I opened it, my heart sank. There was the credit card I've forgotten for the last 4 years. I immediately started having a panic attack. What the heck kind of interest rate is on this? How much do I owe on this now? My credit must be so messed up now. I'm terrified to tell my fiancé because he's already done so much for me and I don't want him affected financially by this by trying to help me pay it off. I'm terrified to contact the company. Can i go to jail for this? If anyone can help me out and try to calm me down please let me know.

    submitted by /u/worryingwanda
    [link] [comments]

    Someone got a car under my name without my permission

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 02:59 PM PST

    Im sorry if this subreddit isn't the place to post, but I need help.

    As title states: someone got a car under my name by taking my social and a bunch of other information. This person doesn't have a liscense so I dont really know how they managed to get the car purchased to begin with. But its destroying my credit and they won't pay any payments on the car or give me money and they have been building up. What can I do? Where can I go from here? I dont associate with this person anymore so it was kind of a way for them to stay relevant in my life. I dont want that! Please help!!

    submitted by /u/iDevDev
    [link] [comments]

    Finally no longer a student! What to do with $200k student loan debt vs. retirement planning?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 01:04 PM PST

    About to graduate from medical school (with nearly $200,000 in student loan debt). I anticipate my salary during residency/fellowship to hover around $50-60k for the next 6 years. Should I aggressively tackle this down or utilize the income-based plans and give myself room to start saving for retirement? I'm not really sure what to do now vs. waiting until I make the big bucks once I'm done with my training.

    In case you need more info, most of my loans are subsidized/unsubsidized with interest rates between 4-7%. I'm not sure if my residency program will offer a 401k match, but most don't.

    submitted by /u/TrueBreakfast
    [link] [comments]

    Receiving a large cash gift

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:12 PM PST

    Hi all,

    My uncle recently came into a lot of money and wants to give me a big gift ($100K+) to make a huge dent in my student loans. I know I'm extremely lucky to be in this position, and I want to make sure we are perfectly in compliance so there aren't any complications later.

    We know that he has to register the gift with the IRS so it counts against the estate tax and whatnot (even with his recent wealth he won't be close to paying the estate tax), but is there anything I need to do on my end? Do I need to count this money as income on my taxes? Do I need to alert the bank so they don't flag it as a drug deal or something?

    I am single and we both are American, these are federal student loans I'm going to pay off.

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/anonymousgratefullad
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice from people who are more experienced in life.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:26 PM PST

    Im 23 years old and I joined the army at 18. I spent 3 and a half years active duty in the 82nd airborne as a scout. I really enjoyed being a scout but I am married with a 1 and a half year old so I decided to get out and get a degree to make more money.

    I've been in the Army Reserves for almost a year now and I am working on changing my MOS to 25B which means I'm changing my job to be a computer job to get military computer experience and certificates. I know the computer industry is booming right now and programmers get paid bank. I am really good at math thats why I chose this industry. I'm currently finishing my first semester of college and I am going for a bachelor in computer science. I only chose computer science because I am good at math and computer science makes the most money that I think I could make. I already own a house and a car in California and I currently live in California.

    I hate being in a non combat arms job so I am really only doing the reserve thing for certificates for civilian employment. I think that I want to go back into the 82nd as an armor officer to be back with scouts and if I do I will most likely continue this employment into retirement and retire from the military at 38-40 years old.

    I loved being airborne combat arms doing reconnaissance and having the comradarie I had.

    I want to know if I should pursue computer science to become a programmer to do a job that pays the most money but I may not enjoy or if I should go back active duty as an officer with a computer science degree and retire from the military in my thirties.

    submitted by /u/RogueActual117
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question, is there a way to transfer a credit from a credit card to a bank account? (US)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:25 PM PST

    To make a long story short, I overpaid my Discover card statement because I forgot I refunded something and now there is $-190 as the balance on the discover card. Does anybody know of a way I can take that $190 of credit and transfer it to my bank account? Mainly, it would be handier to have all of my money consolidated in one place because some places I shop at do not accept the Discover Card. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Jitterrr
    [link] [comments]

    Do principal and interest get recalculated monthly on a mortgage?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:23 AM PST

    Okay, mass confusion on my end. We bought a house last year but have been aggressively paying more than the monthly payment to pay down our principal. I always thought the interest number was fixed and if you paid additional to principal it would just bring down the overall number owed without adjusting interest. My husband said that since we are overpaying, the divide between interest and principal will shift (and has already!) and interest will shrink. I thought this only happened with a refinance but looked at our mortgage account this morning and he's right. So guys, is this standard??

    submitted by /u/pregaftertwobeans
    [link] [comments]

    $2000 dollars left and diminishing, medical situation, and dropped out of college. Looking for advice on some next steps.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:23 PM PST

    Hello all,

    As you can see from the title I seem to be in a slight bit of a pickle. Let me give you a little background to figure out what I have done to help get the best advice.

    Background:

    19 years old [M] and attended 2 different universities. The first one I was in the Computer Network and System Administration for a Bachelor's degree, the first semester was fine however the 2nd did not end too well, from a hiking trip earlier in the year i managed to somehow get a fungus in my sinus cavity that closed itself off and eroded part of my skull. I had to get surgery to get it removed immediately and was forced to take "Incompletes" in my courses with the promise that I could finish them up when I recovered (surgery was 3 weeks before finals), however only 1 professor did so and all other 14 credits worth of classes pretty much dissipated in thin air as professors refused to respond or refused to allow me to finish the school remotely. I was instructed to not go back to the school as I could contract it again possibly with greater damage done if it happens again (fairly positive faulty filters in the dorm I was in.

    2nd University I had to withdraw in October due to me being hospitalized 2 times and having multiple seizures in class and once in the middle of the street causing me to narrowly avoid being ran over by a city bus. Being monitored for Epilepsy.

    I participated in a internship over the summer at a Managed Service Provider in Michigan as a Network Engineering intern and though I valued the experience, I do not wish to pursue that line of work anymore. I then participated in a startup company developing mobile applications and websites for clients, I found out very quickly that coding is not something I would like to pursue either.

    Now I am where I am currently, my student loans will expect payment in about 4 months which will be about $500 a month (many of that is a private loan from the first school I attended) along with my current $565 monthly rent which I am obligated to until August. I have a slight idea of what I would like to do such as bank work as a teller or a manager in a branch where I can face to face interact with individuals as I am social and like to help people especially with sorting out loans, mortgages, and budgeting. I would not like to return to University as I really want to hone in on what I want to do and not be stuck in classes 20 hours a week or so and over half of it not pertaining to what I want to do whatsoever.

    I really would like to obtain a job overseas such as in Ireland or the UK and start anew (while also paying my debts) and try things out but I would like to work out my life before I commit to something so large.

    $2000 left in bank account and wondering what I should take as my next steps.

    submitted by /u/Frantic_Platypus
    [link] [comments]

    Parents want to buy a car, but under me name... help.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:10 PM PST

    My parents and brother have absolutely no credit, my brother has opened cards under my name which resulted in a lot of credit card debt to start his business... but that's a different story. They just got the other car towed for unknown reasons and my father is persistently asking me to purchase a car under my name because no one has credit.

    So my question to ya'll is... obviously I'm going to say no but what can my father do to get a reliable car. He has about 10k coming at the end of the month which is why he wants me to get it. But obviously he can just get one with cash for 3-5k.

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/DirtJellyBeanz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment