• Breaking News

    Monday, November 26, 2018

    How I track my loans Student Loans

    How I track my loans Student Loans


    How I track my loans

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 07:04 PM PST

    I have been working to create a Google Sheet to help my SO and I budget as we move in together, and it includes a sheet for me to track my student loans. You can view a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/ChlmU1e.

    (There is a second sheet where I will input specific details about each payment, including date, amount, and account that the 'Principal Payments' and 'Interest Payments' columns will reference.)

    I like this sheet because it allows me to see all my loans and the important information all in one place. I will be graduating in December (subsidized loans have a greyed out interest section because they will not accrue until my six month grace period is up) and I plan to use the avalanche method to pay these off, though I may snowball at first just to get the two second-highest loans (rows 5 & 6) out of the way. My goal is to aggressively pay my loans down in no more than 5 years, though 3 would be even better!

    The 'Total Accrued Interest' column has a function to calculate the days since disbursement for unsub loans and the days since the end of my grace period for sub loans and multiply each by the daily interest rate. The hope is that the greyed out columns will automatically come online once the grace period has ended. I'm not super experienced with Excel/GS so I'll be thrilled if it actually works.

    I'd love to answer questions or get feedback about this method!

    submitted by /u/matcharoni_n_cheese
    [link] [comments]

    Earnest loan full refund - what is happening?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 10:29 AM PST

    I got a student loan from Earnest for a certification program 3 years ago for $6000, which I paid it off 2 years ago.

    I've been getting emails from Earnest for past couple months that I should get a partial refund. I thought it was maybe $10-20 for interest miscalculations. But I just got a Priority Mail letter with a refund check for practically the whole loan.

    I've searched Google, Reddit, etc for clarification, since Earnest site has no information. And support is not working due to acquisition, other than making a call.

    I feel like this might be a scam. Anyone else getting refund checks? This is free money, which is unlikely from a for-profit bank, unless they broke some rules and are made to payback to consumers.

    Anyone have input or info on this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/zedcore
    [link] [comments]

    Navient Audit: Do borrowers qualify for moneyback?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:28 PM PST

    I read in the paper the other day about Navient being audited and that there is the possibility of a lawsuit. Could this mean borrowers of navient can get their money back?

    submitted by /u/FriskeCrisps
    [link] [comments]

    I got a refund check from my previous student load provider after I refinanced those loans with another provider

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 02:45 PM PST

    I had student loans with Company X, and I decided to refinance them with Company Y, who uses Company Z as my servicer.

    After Company Y paid off my loans with Company X, I received a refund check to my address in the amounts that Company Y overpaid Company X.

    Is this my money to keep, or should this have gone to Company Y, the company that refinanced my loans?

    Also, when I say "my money to keep", I know I should put this to principal if I can. I'm speaking in terms of ownership here and if something messed up.

    submitted by /u/Offwell
    [link] [comments]

    FedLoan First Payment Due on Sunday?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 09:35 AM PST

    Hi,

    My grace period for my loans from FedLoan is up and my first payment was scheduled for today. I had already set up Automatic Payments through Direct Debit. However, I realized today is Sunday and they will not be deducting the money from my account today. I tried to make a one-time payment but it won't let me schedule it for today. I am a little concerned about this because I do not want it to negatively impact my credit score and whatever problems could arise from this. If you have had any experience with this and can advise me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time - have a great day!

    submitted by /u/lhavesomequestions
    [link] [comments]

    Defaulted on Private Loan then Settled for far less than owed

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:16 PM PST

    I've been paying about $25.00 a month for 3 years on my private student loan of $9,000. Stopped paying a year ago because I was simply tired of paying bills for about a year. My credit took a little hit but I was just tired of bills. As a result, they sold my loan to a collection agency. I called the agency and settled my account for $3,600. My credit score went up about 100 points in a month. It's weird but I felt so much relief when I wasn't worried about paying bills and in this instance, It worked for me.

    submitted by /u/sweetLeche
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone done DSA (Disablity) grants?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:14 AM PST

    I have a long history and documented history of Generalized Anxiety, Social Anxiety, and Auditory Processing Disability. I am curious if DSA or any other disability grants cover this or anyone have suggestions? Thanks

    submitted by /u/chochochan
    [link] [comments]

    When signing up for PSLF; is your time counted when you sign up or do they count past time at your job and payments?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:25 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I'm currently an educator of 4 years. I've been making my payments for 4 years. I recently found out that year 5 I could qualify for a teacher forgiveness or wait 10 years to have the entire loan forgiven with the PSLF. I haven't submitted my paperwork. I've been paying for my loan for 4 years. I'm curious if the PSLF will count back my former payments towards my 120 payments or will it start as payment 1 once I'm accepted.

    I really appreciate you answering my question.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/christmasMom87
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment