• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 29, 2018

    Follow up: I wimped out and agreed to an expensive ad small business

    Follow up: I wimped out and agreed to an expensive ad small business


    Follow up: I wimped out and agreed to an expensive ad

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 12:53 PM PST

    First thanks for all the replies to my original post here where I agreed to buy a $3k ad that my business can't afford: https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusiness/comments/9xfjuz/i_wimped_out_and_agreed_to_an_expensive_ad/

    I used the advice of reddit to ask for a recision of the agreement in email form. Didn't hear anything back for a couple days. Got an email from someone else in the company, so I sent them the same request to stop work, and attached my original email to request the stop.

    Yesterday I got a call from the same company, and I told them how I had talked to someone on the phone, and emailed. She asked if I could re-email her directly, so I did along with the original email.

    Her response was: "Thank you for your below email, I would like to confirm that the contract is not subject to cancellation. However, please can you advise why you would like to cancel and I will see if there is anything I can do to assist you."

    I said that I decided it wasn't a good idea for my company financially. and this was the reply:

    "...As per Clause 4.1 of the Terms and Conditions in the contract; once the contract is signed it is not subject to cancellation.

    We therefore cannot accept you request to cancel this agreement and expect the payment terms to be adhered too.

    Should payment not be forthcoming, we may be left with no alternative but to pursue this debt further.

    I look forward to hearing from you."

    How do I respond? This company is in the UK and I am in Maryland.

    submitted by /u/Biznoob123
    [link] [comments]

    Being threatened for negative feedback

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 12:43 AM PST

    Whilst scrolling my Facebook I saw that my friend was tagged in something by one of her other friends on a business page.

    As I've had experience with the business owner (I don't think the owner is aware of this experience), I gave my friend a bit of a friendly warning about the business (nothing bad. "just be careful with this business" was all I said).

    The next morning, I had two messages on my Facebook messenger; one from the business page it self - calling me a brave fake profile for saying something negative, and the other message was from the owner herself saying that I'm lucky to have a private profile otherwise she'd ruin my life 😘

    Naturally, my comment had been removed from the business page, I was blocked from the page so I couldn't respond and the owner had also blocked me from even replying to her message to defend myself.

    I called my best friend and for a little test of the waters, she posted a negative reply. Again, nothing bad. Within seconds of that comment being posted, it was deleted, and then she received a message from a fake profile accusing her partner of cheating and owing her money. Naturally my friend trolled the fake profile. They stopped replying after a few messages.

    The morning after that, I received yet another message claiming to be a friend of the owner of the small business. Accusing me of putting a false review to help myself get ahead (ahead of what exactly? I'm a stay at home mum that doesn't work - I could be a potential customer) The message also had that the owner had a lot of contacts and I'm still to mess with her? - goodluck ha ha ha (I put one tiny insignificant feedback on her page).

    Also, on that same day, she decided to take to her own Facebook profile and post screenshots of the "traumatic" ordeal of my insignificant feedback. She even wrote that she had the best hackers trying to find my information (I have screen shots).

    She didn't mention the fake profile, the threat to me, or actually what happened. She spun a lie. Now, my name is being berated for one tiny piece of feedback.

    Any feedback on this stupid and immature debacle.

    smallbusinesscustomer #feedback #threats #cyberthreats

    submitted by /u/Justahousemum
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on setting up a work sheet for an electrical contractor for admin to invoice from?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 01:51 AM PST

    We are a small electrical contractor dealing mostly with builders and new house builds. We need to set up some kind of invoicing system so that the admin team can take over invoicing from the director. We already use Xero for our bookkeeping and accounting purposes and we use tradify as a task manager. The problem is, all the information seems to be in the directors head regarding the installation of items on each job. I can easily read the plans to see how many lights, power points etc have been installed, but it's the extras that the builder asks for when on site like extra pendant lights or strip lighting etc. How can I extract this information from his head in a simple and very quick way? I was thinking some kind of job sheet to be filled in and uploaded to tradify for each job and then when the job is marked as completed I can download the job sheet and invoice straight from that. But I need tips on how to lay out the job sheet? Or any other helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/seazx
    [link] [comments]

    What to say to customers that missed a sale...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 01:44 PM PST

    We run a small niche e-commerce site and following our cyber monday sale, we received a few emails from customers who had placed an order in the weeks prior, expressing their anger that they didn't realize a sale was coming up (they had paid full price). Does anyone have a good Customer-Support-type response that delicately explains that we won't retroactively apply discounts to prior purchases? (this is already explained on our website but would love to have a more human interaction response for these folks rather than legal boilerplate).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/somedaywhen
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback/Validation of Idea from Small Business Owners

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 03:39 AM PST

    I had been Soloprenuer for a long time and built a good business over past few years. Now I have a small full-time team of 3 working for me. I worked and mastered lot of technical & business related things not by choice, but compulsion. I had no choice but keep moving forward. I always wanted someone to be available to help with me for lot of technical stuff to speed up my growth.

    There were 2 choices:

    • Hiring Freelancers: for every project/skill I have to evaluate and hire a person. However, the costs for a bootstrapped start-up of ours is pretty steep.
    • Hiring Full-Time: only a possibility if a particular field of work grows to a certain extent, say graphic design. Costs and also hiring specific Skillset was concern here.

    I am thinking along lines if other entrepreneurs would be interested in service which provide a single point of contact for technical services like:

    • Graphic Design, FB/Google Ads Management (basic structuring and research as per discussion), Social Media Handling, Website Management, Analytics & Reports preparation etc.

    Basically, Virtual Assistant for Technical Stuff. There will be 2 things I want to focus:

    • There will be single point of contact. Explaining details to new person is a pain. I want someone who knows the history and can handle things in minimal instructions.
    • Costs will be monthly subscription and will be fraction of cost of freelancer/employee.

    Looking for feedback and criticism. :)

    submitted by /u/ankitaggarwal
    [link] [comments]

    Will it help with my ranking or SEO to have two websites that have similar urls and content?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 08:31 AM PST

    I bought a website called garrysmowingbusiness when I already have garrysmowing. I know that duplicating will hurt the whole digital presence but what about creating similar content. Like rewriting my original content since I read that redups might even be better than originals, has anyone tried this?

    Also thought of using Yelp, verifying different addresses (google/bing) with the second name. Would it be worth the time...?

    submitted by /u/raynorpreneur
    [link] [comments]

    SWOT Analysis PowerPoint Templates

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 01:40 AM PST

    A very important slide for any product or marketing manager's presentation would be SWOT Analysis. SWOT Analysis show strength, weakness, Opportunity and threat of an individual or a company. These templates are generally used by product managers, entrepreneurs and other business professionals across industries.

    Check out the templates and let us know your feedback.

    submitted by /u/slideuplift123
    [link] [comments]

    Lost A Chargeback and totally stumped why

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 05:54 PM PST

    So we had our first chargeback on a very expensive order (just over £1k). The credit card used was registered to both the billing and shipping address on the order and we have a signature from the courier proving the item was received at that address. We submitted our evidence so the bank could review the case but have just been informed the decision has not gone in our favour. We are totally shocked about this as we thought that if a physical product was sent to the same shipping address as the billing address and we had a signature to prove this, the cardholder is responsible. Obviously we were wrong. It is their bank that did the investigation so there is perhaps some bias towards the customer here.

    I'm wondering if it really is that easy to get away with fraud these days? What is really stopping people from doing this and what evidence do you need to win?

    submitted by /u/parttimegamertom
    [link] [comments]

    I dont like college :(

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 11:57 PM PST

    I just wanna live the sweet american dream of being a small business owner, and in the wake of the new market opening up with legal pot everywhere { ͡• ͜Ê– ͡•} I wanna sell pot.

    My goal is a lounge really, not entirely a dispensary but a more bar-like, sit and enjoy yourself kinda setting. Who isn't gonna want to come sit at the lounge for a few hours after work and get stoned with other lounge-going denizens. Its the future im telling you

    I wanna grow it too. I want to have a big old greenhouse with all kindsa grass growing in it, and i want to elaborate and extrapolate on how the general recreational user views the choices between separate strains. I want to be a plant breeder, too, basically.

    Im aware of the tons and tons of permits I'll have to get before I can do any of this, and Im aware I'll need tons of experience before I can actually make it work out. Also that federally secured money can't be loaned to any marijuana-involved company, so I'm stuck with angel investors and small business grants for funding everything.

    I'm going to college in montana right now, where its a much fatter pain in the ass to study weed and biologically understand the process of becoming high and stuff like that as it would be if i were still at home in california, and I just hate the college setting in general.

    Some quick math says that i'll be ~$80k in debt after 4 full years attending this college, which could take me however many decades to pay off, but for those 4 years ill be earning an entrepreneurship-centered business degree. If I drop out of college now, I save myself $80k and can start working immediately on what I want to be doing, gaining the experience I need to be successful in the growing market incrementally, starting the business from scratch, spending my time writing business plans down to be applying for grants with instead of writing essays and college nonsense

    but, then again, I have no real experience as a small business owner, and am very afraid of how I would proceed if I didn't have a formal education in the process of managing one that costs $80k

    please, give me your insight, r/smallbusiness

    submitted by /u/18thNakedCowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Inexpensive packaging?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 11:52 PM PST

    I'm in the process of starting a small business and I am in need of some inexpensive customizable packaging solutions.

    What I need is something airtight, preferably a stand-up pouch because my product is a food. Amazon charges only about $15 for 100 blank ones and websites are charging $1,000 or more to customize them. So getting multiple sizes would easily cost a few grand just for packaging!? Is this normal pricing?

    I get that it has to be done in large quantities because it's a hassle to keep changing, but there has to be some solution out there? Thank you in advance for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/LunaRose_Miracle
    [link] [comments]

    Local Businesses Gearing Up for Small Business Saturday - 93.1 WIBC Indianapolis

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 10:29 PM PST

    Buying equity at the company I work for

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 09:52 PM PST

    I work at a small business of several employees that generates approx. 200K revenue per year. It does well.

    If I were to purchase between 5 and 10 percent equity made available through my compensation package, how would this impact my bottom line?

    I do not know the profit margins at this time.

    Would I get 5-10 percent of all profits or is it more complicated than that? How would it work if there are losses?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/benyblncofrmthebronx
    [link] [comments]

    Escape Room Business Questions

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 11:06 AM PST

    Does anyone have experience owning or running an escape room? I'm looking into buying one (not a franchise). I am wondering how the rooms are designed and how often you update or create new ones. Also wondering how significant the corporate clients are vs consumers. What we your most successful methods of marketing? Are you still seeing growth or do you see this as a passing fad? Anything in particular I should be looking at besides the usual financials?

    submitted by /u/topazco
    [link] [comments]

    Which state should I incorporate a small business to minimize tax?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 06:39 PM PST

    I'm from IL. I got a job in Iowa for the past year and I rent an apartment in Iowa. However, I don't think I'll stick around for long. I still get mails at my IL address and I go back to IL every couple of weeks. My Driver's License and license plate are all IL still.

    I want to start a S corp or LLC. Should I do it in IL or must I do it in Iowa? Most of my business will be online sales.

    I just don't want to have to pay taxes to two states. Or is there any benefit to start a business in Deleware in my situation?

    Please advise. I appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/engineheat
    [link] [comments]

    How much notice should I give before quitting a job at a small business?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 06:35 PM PST

    I'm the service manager for my cousins small local pool company. We service around 100 clients, and I do most of the equipment repairs myself, and I manage 5 pool cleaning technicians. I've been working for here for 5 years. I'm not sure how long it would take to find and train a suitable replacement to do all the stuff that I do for the business.

    Any input is welcome.

    submitted by /u/youaboveall
    [link] [comments]

    Merchant Credit Advances - BEWARE

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 10:57 AM PST

    Good afternoon. I have had clients experience this very situation. If you have a small business, or any business for that matter, please read the article below.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-confessions-of-judgment/

    submitted by /u/ICEman1670
    [link] [comments]

    Taxes for small businesses?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 02:39 PM PST

    I recently started a small business - do you do your small business's taxes on your own? Do you hire a tax preparer? How much do you spend on average?

    submitted by /u/1994soccergirl1994
    [link] [comments]

    So I have a great idea of a new type/modification to clothing. Where do I begin? Do I start with a patent?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 06:10 PM PST

    Chase Total Business Checking Coupon?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 05:35 PM PST

    Does anyone have a Chase Total Business Checking Coupon they're not using or don't plan of using?

    submitted by /u/wtf-0ver
    [link] [comments]

    Hey! Can someone help me with a better solution around the 15 second instagram stories limit?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 05:22 PM PST

    I'm tired of having to manually having to trim every video for every post. It's time consuming.

    submitted by /u/kennybatista
    [link] [comments]

    SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 04:44 PM PST

    What are your biggest pains or problems when doing your bookkeeping?

    submitted by /u/dmichael1
    [link] [comments]

    IMPORTING AUTO PARTS INTO US SMALL BUSINESS START UP QUESTIONS

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 12:56 PM PST

    I am in the process of starting up an importing business and i have already taken the steps to get the TWIC card needed to work in the ports, as well as started sourcing warehouse space, and have established an LLC.

    From the research i have done thus far I have determined i will need a continuous entry bond if I plan to do more than one shipment from overseas.

    Also, i would love if someone could point in the the direction of how to locate brokers overseas specifically Japan.

    I am looking for any advice into the territory I am treading into as I have seen how lucrative and also, how stable this business could be.

    submitted by /u/Buzansbuttcheese
    [link] [comments]

    Way to calculate a rough estimate of business (bar) value?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 04:01 PM PST

    Hi guys! I've owned my bar almost 12 years and am thinking about getting out because I want to move. I only own the business and have 3 and a half years left on the lease. I've done some Googling but the answers are all over the map. I couldn't find what seems to be a definitive way to calculate the value but I suspect that may be because there's simply too many variables. I'm not ready to contact a pro to get a true estimate but was wondering if there might be some basic rules of thumb that might give a ROUGH estimate. Some sort of sales/location/equipment/lease/whatever else type thing. I understand there may be no easy answer for this and that my only way to know would be hiring a pro but if anyone knows any other way I'd love to hear it.

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/_WeAreTheLuckyOnes_
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody here dabbled with Amazon Delivery Services

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 03:28 PM PST

    Amazon came out with a small business offering titled - Amazon Delivery Service provider. Has anybody in this sub tried it out. What has your experience been like

    submitted by /u/i_ask_stupid_ques
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment