• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 28, 2018

    CNBC’s Jim Cramer: ‘We are in a bear market’ - February 2016 Investing

    CNBC’s Jim Cramer: ‘We are in a bear market’ - February 2016 Investing


    CNBC’s Jim Cramer: ‘We are in a bear market’ - February 2016

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 09:37 AM PST

    As Cramer and other talking heads have been calling this a bear market, I just want to remind this sub that these guys are entertainers first, investors second.

    Feb 2016 - https://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/jim-cramer-stocks-bear-market-investors/2016/02/05/id/712948/

    submitted by /u/BTC_is_waterproof
    [link] [comments]

    Trump: "We are now looking at cutting all @GM subsidies, including for electric cars."

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:19 AM PST

    And $GM is down 1% almost instantly. What might he be referring to (if anything)?

    submitted by /u/jamesh773
    [link] [comments]

    Re: Jim Cramer 2016 bear crash | The Fed Saved the markets.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 02:58 AM PST

    What most people fail in their a analysis was that the fed saved the equities markets in 2016 as high yield credit spiked.

    Now that were at full employment and target inflation, it's unlikely the fed will save the equity markets.

    Why are people so afraid of bear markets? It stamps out speculation and sets up the next bull run

    If you're about to retire, you shouldn't be in risk at the end of this cycle. But for everyone else, it let's you dca into good companies.

    Let the bear market come.

    submitted by /u/youtubehead
    [link] [comments]

    We are in a bear market, a market crash may be close and the forecast for 2019 is bearish. Where to invest?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 03:12 AM PST

    It's the first time I have a larger amount of money.

    I started buying my first stocks just 2 months ago but I only invested the minimum (just to see how things go).

    I see a big risk in investing all my money now because I think:

    - the bear market won't be over soon

    - a market crash comes in 2019 or 2020

    - many experts have a bearish forecast for next year.

    As I don't really have a lot of experience in investing, can you guys tell me what other options I have?

    I am already in crypto.I am not interested in real estate.

    Please don't recommend me to go to a financial planner.

    What else?

    submitted by /u/vovr
    [link] [comments]

    Larry Kudlow, President Trump’s chief economic adviser, said China should be prepared for a massive slate of new tariffs absent a breakthrough in Trump’s meeting at the G20 on Saturday with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:23 AM PST

    What exact transactions in my brokerage account would I see when a call option is assigned?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 02:07 AM PST

    I'm struggling to understand the exact transactions that happen when a call option is assigned before expiry. I did not find this information after extensive searching so posting it here.

    Assume that I have bought a call option at $ 260 for SPY ETF. Also, I do not have any SPY in my account but have sufficient margin and the call options were sold for $ 1 premium each for a lot of 100.

    And if it matters, here is additional information - It was bought when SPY was $ 255 and today it is trading at $ 265. My understanding was that a) the brokerage would buy the stocks on my behalf and sell it to the person to whom the stock options were assigned. b) , so there would be a buy order for 100 SPY @260 and c) there would be another transaction (assignment?) for 100 SPY@260.

    Will there be any transactions relating to the premium?

    Thank you for any inputs

    submitted by /u/ramana2887
    [link] [comments]

    Many of you believe that a financial crash is ahead, but what exactly is your thinking process ?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 01:32 AM PST

    Let me know what you guys think :)

    Best regards!

    submitted by /u/yymcl
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever felt emotionally tied to an Investment?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:11 AM PST

    I generally consider myself a pretty rational investor but today I finally closed a position and it oddly effected me deeply. I bought it right after its IPO and have held it the entire time since (multiple years).

    It performed fairly well, but I reached the conclusion that I wouldn't invest in it at these prices and don't really feel comfortable holding it for 5+ years, so it was time.

    Just putting in the sell order was tough. I felt like I was betraying my shares. Like they'd done well for me and here I was dumping them off into the market. It was like it was my baby I'd been with since IPO and I was abandoning it after all this time.

    I know selling at a profit is never supposed to be a sad thing, and I know it was a rational time to finally part ways, but it still made me really sad.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Find_Value
    [link] [comments]

    Do you check out earnings calls before buying stock?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 10:27 PM PST

    How important are they for your decision?

    submitted by /u/Elegant_Ingenuity
    [link] [comments]

    Vanguard's money market fund a decent investment right now?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 04:17 PM PST

    The yields continue to go up and there's zero volatility in share price. Supposedly the Fed is raising rates again soon as well?

    I've been doing exclusively Vanguard funds in my Roth IRA. Even stuff that's low volatility has been dropping in share price for me lately and I'm looking for things with good dividend yields now.

    submitted by /u/kyledawg92
    [link] [comments]

    Buy more AAPL, AMZN or V?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:21 PM PST

    What would you guys buy given the big correction we had? Down 22% on AAPL and 8% on V. AMZN also looks tempting...

    submitted by /u/etienneclerc1997
    [link] [comments]

    Salesforce Q4 earnings?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:54 PM PST

    How does everybody feel?

    submitted by /u/jhj16
    [link] [comments]

    is there a website that lets me know which companies are nearing FDA approval?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 07:01 PM PST

    or also. this would be great, and this is probably easier. a website that posts all new FDA approval headlines so i can buy those stocks once its approved

    posting news headlines AFTER it happens, is probably much more easy to get than knowing which companies are "nearing approval"

    i just realized dang. knowing when these press releases come out would be awesome

    i plan to just throw a little money into each company. but doing that sounds to me like a awesome idea.

    ive noticed these companies that gain FDA approval normally have big gains for 3-4 days in a row, not just 1 day. so if i buy them once the news comes out, i still probably will make money

    anyone know of websites i can use for this?

    also. if i knew companies that are "nearing" FDA approval, that would be better since i could buy them 1-2 weeks before approval and make more money

    submitted by /u/pimpincelapparently
    [link] [comments]

    Are Unified Managed Accounts Worth It?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 01:30 AM PST

    I've had a UMA for almost two years, but I'm thinking of ending it and instead just buying a some ETFs and let them ride. Mainly I got it because I thought the performance would be good, but it seems kind of meh compared to say the S&P 500. (It's a growth portfolio.)

    Does anyone else here have an experience with a UMA? Are you satisfied?

    submitted by /u/robotmonkeys
    [link] [comments]

    How the fuck can anyone look at a 0% YTD return 11 months into the year and still think we are in a bull market?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 01:29 AM PST

    If you bought an index fund on 1 Jan 2018, then you exposed yourself to market risk for an entire year and got $0 for it. The bull market is dead. Am I crazy?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SkincareQuestions10
    [link] [comments]

    Can I automate value investment strategies? No more of short term technical stuff

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 06:00 PM PST

    My first 3 stocks purchased

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:50 AM PST

    I recently opened up a account with fidelity, I am a college student and have been interested In the market for a few years now.

    I am holding these stocks for 1-3 years and would like to see your input

    50% - MSFT 25% - Visa 25% - MasterCard

    submitted by /u/stocksandshit
    [link] [comments]

    BP has a 6% dividend yield and is selling at a p/e ratio of around 15. Is it a trap?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 09:35 AM PST

    BP probably isn't expected to grow much in the coming years, but growth across the board is expected to slow in coming years. A 6% dividend sounds pretty nice right about now. OPEC is expected to agree to production cuts soon. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/azzipog
    [link] [comments]

    AWS announces its new ARM processor based A1.X instances

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:21 AM PST

    https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-ec2-instances-a1-powered-by-arm-based-aws-graviton-processors/

    AWS has in the past announced AMD EPYC-based instances. However these new A1 instances have the potential to hurt Intel more as I think Amazon will promote it. Simply by naming is a1.x they are the first entries you see when you open instance types (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/) or instance pricing (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/). From the first link:

    "Amazon EC2 A1 instances deliver significant cost savings and are ideally suited for scale-out and Arm-based workloads that are supported by the extensive Arm ecosystem. A1 instances are the first EC2 instances powered by AWS Graviton Processors that feature 64-bit Arm Neoverse cores and custom silicon designed by AWS."

    They cost roughly a1 medium costs roughly half t3 medium. I am still benchmarking the performance now.

    submitted by /u/anilshanbhag
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get long term leverage?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 01:31 PM PST

    If my holding period for an index like the S&P500 is indefinite, and I assume it will go up at historical returns, what is the best way to get leverage to juice my returns?

    Buying on margin is okay, but the S&P500 has had 60% drops. To avoid a margin call I could only borrow enough so the leverage would be closer to 1.6x.

    LEAPs don't offer great leverage. I'm looking at the deep in the money SYP option chains out to Jan 2021 and they've basically priced in historical returns so if the S&P500 returns historical returns the leverage is less than 2x.

    The best way to get leverage seems to be leveraged ETF 3x. Even with historical volatility leading to decay the leverage is 2.5x+.

    Is there a better way to get leverage?

    submitted by /u/Throwawayinvesting87
    [link] [comments]

    Investopedia Stock Simulator: Any other better simulators out there?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 05:01 PM PST

    Also, if I'm trading with only a few thousand people on Investopedia instead of millions of people on the actual exchange, does this affect "real time" data like market price, and whether or not my limit orders get executed? I mean, I know in real life, orders are not always executed depending on whether there is enough supply/demand for the stock.

    submitted by /u/Magic_Watermellon
    [link] [comments]

    Using ROIC and CROIC

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 04:01 PM PST

    So we all know in valuation if the return on invested capital is above the estimated cost of capital, then intrinsic value increase as growth happens; and if below the cost, then growth will cause decay in value. This assumption is referring to ROIC, which used plain net income. Since intrinsic value is frequently computed with free cash flow, then is it safe to say if the CROIC is above the cost of capital, then intrinsic value will increase as growth in FCF increases, even if the normal ROIC is below WACC?

    submitted by /u/Caesarem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment