• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 29, 2018

    Attitude matters more in sales than you think Sales and Selling

    Attitude matters more in sales than you think Sales and Selling


    Attitude matters more in sales than you think

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 06:51 AM PST

    If as a sales professional you are not killing your sales quotas regularly then check.....

    Your attitude first before checking other variables aka competitive scene, your sales process etc.

    In sales usually the buck stops with self. Agree?

    submitted by /u/Mritunjaya239
    [link] [comments]

    Bad meeting with marketing

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:02 AM PST

    So our marketing team just told us ghat we can no longer send cold emails to people we've researched and emailed because we knew their companies email format. (First.lastatdomain dotcom). This is because we're getting too many "hard bounces". Now my sales team probably only accounts for about 1/6 of these and marketing blasting our whole database accounts for the rest.

    We send out email sequences through hubspot sales that we make template for and send out four emails that are spaced About a week apart. We have a ten percent response rate, way better than marketing.

    Supposedly the consequences for violating can-spam laws and hard bounce rules can put us on some sort of blacklist that fucks is completely to where we can't email anyone internally or externally.

    I don't mind picking up the phone but folks in my industry don't answer much as they're not at their desks so the follow up email sequence or even one email helps tremendously.

    Has anyone else experienced this? I feel it's changing the way b2b prospecting is done fundamentally

    submitted by /u/RichardChristyDiaper
    [link] [comments]

    Remote sales pros: How do you celebrate wins?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 05:09 AM PST

    What are some ways you celebrate when you close a sale or hit quota?
    Do you have a special touchdown dance when no one's looking?
    Add an emoji in the team slack channel? Send everyone a gif?
    Do you share it with your team or is it just for you after work?

    submitted by /u/nss00
    [link] [comments]

    Life changing sales advice

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 07:10 AM PST

    Reddit has helped me so much in my life. In so many ways and in so many different areas of my life, I have turned to subreddits to make better decisions, improve my health, and make myself a better person. Like many of you I have actually left all social media with the sole exception of LinkedIn – and I only maintain that in a "set it and forget it" mode as it has become an obnoxious extension of Facebook. But the reality is (I'm embarrassed to say) I have not found a way to help or contribute to other subreddits – I have learned so much but have never really been able to contribute anything of value until now.

    Well, I watched a movie about 3 months ago that changed my life. Trust me, having been in sales my whole life I have tried everything. I've read all the top sales books, tried all of the methods – I've met all of them with some limited success. But this one movie literally changed my life, my confidence, and went from doubling my success rate to now tripling it.

    The movie is "Sorry to bother you". The specific advice comes at 13:53. Cash (played by LaKeith Stanfield) has trouble selling to customers until an older coworker, Langston (played by Danny Glover), teaches him to use his "white voice"—one that conveys a tone of confident, carefree affluence—to sell.

    "Read your script in your white voice" he says. "It's not a white voice – it's like 'what they want to sound like.'"

    Now I didn't think anything of this advice until one frustrated morning I said to myself – "you know what? Screw it. I'm just going to try this" All these years, all the advice, all the calls. I've probably made 100,000 cold calls in my life, and this one single piece of advice, when implemented correctly, has changed my life.

    Using it, it dawned on me – I'm actually terrible with my white voice. I never use it. I've been taught all my life to get rid of it (and I'm white!). Athletic practices, with friends, out at parties – no one wants to use their "white voice".

    Well I'm here to tell you to try it. But you MUST first watch the movie. (Movie is crazy weird btw) It is critical you get the right intonation and word choice down. You'll be surprised to see you need to practice it too – you're probably like me and would never get caught dead using this voice. Then, use it on your phone calls. It is incredible. You'll be in awe by the responses you get. My only recommendation is to not share this advice with just anyone. I share it with you all out of love for the r/sales community and love of Reddit – but be cautious in who you dole this advice out to because it is so powerful.

    Try it my r/sales friends. Try it tomorrow – I hope it changes your sales career trajectory like it has mine!

    submitted by /u/mlhender
    [link] [comments]

    Real estate salesperson here with a decade experience in a major market. Anyone want to exchange ideas / info ?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 06:00 AM PST

    How do you guys manage your productivity across different types of tasks?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 05:52 AM PST

    I work in energy efficiency sales. My position is that of a typical sales position (cold calls, scheduling, meetings, follow-ups, etc), but I also do my own energy surveys and project development, which is very time consuming. I'm finding that the time I'm spending performing routine salesperson tasks is inhibiting my ability to develop projects efficiently, which is how I make money. At the same time, if I dedicate more time to project development, my attentiveness to my customers will decline.

    Simply put, it feels like there isn't enough time in the week to complete all the facets of my job. I'm sure I'm not alone feeling that way across other sales positions, but I'm curious to know what strategies you guys implement to manage different types of tasks?

    In other words, do you allocate specific tasks (emails, cold calls, follow-ups, etc) to specific days of the week vs. specific times of the day? I know that some times of the day/days of the week are statistically better for making customer contact and I'm wondering if I should make some sort of schedule for myself.

    Currently I'm more or less tackling everything at once using Pipedrive to schedule my daily activities, but I find I'm overwhelmed each day and unsure where to start. I will start by building a project, but sure enough, distractions present themselves in the form of emails or phone calls. Currently I have 12 projects I need to build, which take an average of 1.5 hours to complete. You do the math lol. I have tried grouping tasks by day, but the reality of sales is that I need to make those phone calls and send those emails every day.

    Also FWIW, as frustrated as I may currently be, my job is really awesome and I'd be happy to discuss energy efficiency sales with anyone who may be interested in pursuing it. It's a fun/easy product to sell and the compensation vs. flexibility is better than I've ever seen in a sales job.

    submitted by /u/ViennaMalt
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get a d2d sale!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 11:49 AM PST

    Hey guys.

    New to this sub and sales in general.

    I haven't got a sale in my last two days of doing door to door and I'm wondering why I am not?

    I did manage to get a sale on Tuesday but have not managed one since.

    The company I work for also has quite a small share of the market so if I don't begin to perform and get results I'm going to be dumped out quick.

    Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Colin-IRL
    [link] [comments]

    Planning to move SaaS sales jobs in 2-3 years. What sites do you use to educate yourselves on growing markets?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 11:24 AM PST

    I currently work in Cybersecurity SaaS in the Bay Area, and plan to leave for Texas, Utah, or Colorado by 2021. Main reason being cost of living is just more affordable in those states.

    I love cybersecurity, but am always open to new opportunities in other areas of tech. What are some ways you educate yourself on growing markets or opportunities?

    submitted by /u/MarathonTortoise
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Professionals - Be Improving Test Your Scripts

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 10:51 AM PST

    I've been an AE in sales for about 5 years now total, selling mostly SaaS and technology solutions.

    I've been blessed to have great Sales Ops teams and also being the AE / Manager / and Sales Ops all at once.

    What I've noticed is that even with sales ops teams and training teams, people aren't A/B testing and improving scripts.

    How many companies do you know that have the same script for a year, or have 3 completely different ones?

    I'm sure a fair majority of us have seen this happen and definitely early in your career you don't realize how important it is to truly tweak and change your script with the times, as well as with the effective changes. It does take extra time, and right away you often won't see results, but over time the results compound from a well crafted script is exponential.

    What A/B Testing Is and What It Is Not

    When I say A/B testing I simply mean using two different changes, and measuring which one is more effective. This can't be done with small sample sizes (50 calls) because you're going to have to account for a lot of variability. That means that you change one line or part of a paragraph and you test that with 200 calls and another part of it with 200 calls. See which one gives the best results and then change it for good until you test it again.

    Now with bigger organizations you can do this much easier and fasters (200 total calls for one rep vs. 200 total calls for 5 reps) and you can test different changes more often (using different reps for different changes). But as a solo rep it's still very important.

    A/B testing can be as small as changing a single word for a different word, or even using different sections. This is the creative and fun part. You choose what to change, but my biggest advice is to change at most 2 things at a time, and ideally only one thing.

    Improvements Can Be Almost Anything

    When improving a script, A/B testing is the way you test the effectiveness of the changes. But you can improve it simply by doing a couple things.

    Industry specific lingo should be all throughout your script. It builds credibility. It makes it seem like you know the industry. So if you're working with doctors offices don't say "customers" or "clients" say patients. A steel fabricator shop doesn't normally have a "sales manager" they have a "project manager" or "estimator". This little changes on the surface can reap massive benefits and help with the first lead generation call as well as your demo call.

    Sometimes scripts are too long or too short. You can test this out by once again having one of each and testing to see what is more effective.

    Misc Advantages of This

    It makes the sales job a lot more fun. I know what a rut it can be to just be cold calling 100 people a day with the same script, with almost no variety. It can be boring and monotonous. This gives you a creative and "change" element which is helpful.

    The experts and professionals already do this, if not subconsciously. It something that you just happen to have happen as you go through the ropes and makes hundreds of thousands of cold calls.

    How To Actually Do This Though?

    This is probably the most important part. It's extremely easy to start doing.

    Simply take your current script and write a few changes that you think would help with your conversions. Then test out over 200 calls, doing half the old way, half the new way and keep records of what happened after each call. Demo/Not Interested/Hang Up/Objection and specifically WHERE it happened (2nd paragraph, 3rd paragraph). And then you can how each script is performing. If the current one is doing better, then you can test out a different change.

    This was just a simple advice I wanted to give, and I think it's something that is overlooked by sales managers and sales ops teams. Specifically I know sales managers that roll out brand new scripts every 90 days, and it would've been better had they made smaller, more incremental changes.

    submitted by /u/theseotexan
    [link] [comments]

    Question about commission

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 10:50 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I'm a relatively inexperienced (<2 years) b2b sales person. I work for a company cold-calling leads and bringing in new business. I get a commission if I bring in a RFP, and it's a flat fee. My base salary is less that $10/hour.

    Recently, my company hired a new sales manager, and I find myself in an uncomfortable position. "John" is my boss now, very salesy guy, and I think he's screwing me over. He's meeting my leads at conferences, people I've been in touch with for the past year, who've I've gotten business from in the past, and taking RFPs from them. He's costing me my commission.

    How do I address this?

    submitted by /u/sababarama
    [link] [comments]

    Shrinking territory, leads, need advice

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:56 AM PST

    I joined a new company about 6 months ago. Since then I've found out that my leads and territory are shrinking. I'd have far less than fellow reps have had in the past. There are clearly some politics involved at higher levels which is causing discoordination. I don't really see how I'd hit my quota with this new system. Should I voice my concern to boss and ask how she thinks I can hit my number? Any best practices? I'm fairly new at the company and don't want to leave so soon. Thanks

    submitted by /u/complainorexplain
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting Agenda in Demo with the CEO and CIO?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:50 AM PST

    I have an hour long demo/meeting with the CEO & CIO at a 5k employee company next week. This is the final go/no-go for the purchase. I'm selling an enterprise SaaS solution. I've done these types of meetings before, but I'm curious...

    ...In 60 minutes, how long do YOU typically spend on 1) Project Objectives/Business Case vs 2) Customer Stories/Best-Practices 3) Demo vs 4) Questions? (ie sample answer could be 20%/30%/30%/20%)

    submitted by /u/dstlouis
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding on my First Full-Time Position

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:49 AM PST

    I just recently received 2 offers for sales positions in Chicago. The first position is a BDR role with Groupon. Base pay is $32k plus uncapped commission. From what I understand, Groupon has a negative reputation with other businesses and is mostly transactional sales. The second position is a Logistics Sales AE role with Schneider. Base pay is $35k plus uncapped, residual commission. I am leaning towards Schneider, but I would like to see if anyone has any advice on this.

    submitted by /u/gputchaven
    [link] [comments]

    College Sophomore Interested in Medical Device Sales

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:31 AM PST

    Hello,

    I am a current college sophomore at a Big 10 university looking to eventually enter a career in medical device sales. While the paycheck is nice, I am interested in this field because I've had a number of medical procedures in my life and want to use my sales skills to provide products that can make a difference in people's lives.

    As my university does not offer a sales major, I am majoring in Marketing and HR (management emphasis). I am highly involved in two business organizations, one of which I am a State and World Champion in a sales related competitive event. I interned with a medical device company last summer, currently work as a sales prospector for one of the outside reps there, and will be returning full time to the company next summer.

    My question for this community is there anything further I can do to prepare myself for this career path? I've been told I am on the right track, but I just want to cover my bases and give employers no reason not to hire me. By graduation, I'm hoping to achieve the equivalence of 2-3 years experience.

    Any advice would be welcomed, and if you PM me I'd love to connect with you on LinkedIn.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ragoser
    [link] [comments]

    Don't cold call me!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:30 AM PST

    scanning through r/sysadmin and came across a thread of people screaming about vendor calls. I understand. I get it. How do you overcome getting past the front door into technology sales and not getting rejected simply for being a sales person?

    The sense I got from the thread I read was that all of the people in that thread are cost analysis based individuals and do not care about value beyond bottom line price. They seem to get even more angry if you bypass them and go above them if they dont respond to you. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ueeediot
    [link] [comments]

    Job Interview Tomorrow

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 09:01 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    This is my first post on this subreddit so bear with me. I have a job interview tomorrow for an entry level sales position at a company owned by US Bank, so if I get this job it will be huge. The only problem is I have no sales experience. I recently switched my major from accounting to marketing because accounting just wasn't for me and I've always had a dormant interest in selling. I've already done an interview over the phone and it went well for the most part, enough for them to want to interview me in person. Just wondering if there are any tips for a rookie besides the obvious like confidence, posture, body language, tone of voice, etc...

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Jsota
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for Dental laboratory sales

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 05:03 AM PST

    I've been doing dental lab sales for a month now. We sell crown restoration and implants. Any advice for a newbie?

    Also I know there are some chain dental offices (aspen, Dental Center, etc). It seems like there are so many gatekeepers. How do I make a sale to a corporate company?

    submitted by /u/uhyu
    [link] [comments]

    new Job doing coffee sales

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 08:14 AM PST

    Anyone have any advice on coffee sales? I just took a job selling bags of coffee for Healthy Bean Organic Coffee. Its commission base.. any tricks of the trade or suggestions out there? I am all ears... Specially if you are a coffee drinker

    submitted by /u/kinz2012
    [link] [comments]

    Multitasking During Call Center Sales?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 08:11 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I currently work in the accounting department at a credit union and I am thinking of staying late a few days a week to place some sales calls in the hopes of earning some incentives.

    I want to learn sales as I am a small business owner and sales is a valuable skill to have for any career.

    However, I am also in the process of learning a programming language to further my career.

    Im thinking about asking my employer if they will let me do some evening sales (commission only) while learning programming skills at the same time.

    Does anyone think this is a valid method to learn two skills at once? Or do we think I should focus on one thing at a time? I've worked at this institution for three years so I already know and support any product I would be selling. Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/Capbrodilupo
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know some book about the C-Level's role in an organization?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 04:19 AM PST

    I have googled but not found something very relevant, so maybe you have a title that I could check?

    Any hint would be great,

    thanks

    submitted by /u/JoonDoe
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your 30 second pitch?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2018 07:27 AM PST

    I'm new to pharmaceutical sales. I've been told that when going to a doctors office, I'll most likely catch the doctor walking from one room to the next and so I have to give a maximum content pitch in 30 seconds.

    I'm sure this concept holds true to most industries.

    What do you sale and what's your max content, fast pitch?

    submitted by /u/dymba
    [link] [comments]

    How to recruit for a door to door sales job without it sounding like an MLM?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 08:41 PM PST

    I work for Vivint, this past summer was my first summer. I didn't recruit last season because I wanted to first see for myself if this was a legit thing or not before I started to get others on it.

    Well my summer ended up being very successful, made more money over 4 months than I've ever made before and ended up being one of the top rookies in the company.

    I want to start recruiting now but I don't know how to do it without sounding like I'm recruiting them to a pyramid scheme.

    Any advice? I want to build a good team and we have a great opportunity.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/phrexs
    [link] [comments]

    What is your strategy for cold calling to set meetings?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 02:58 PM PST

    Right now I cold call 5 lists and switch the days of the week so I touch them all once per week. I am not getting the best results though, what have you done differently with success?

    submitted by /u/ironcurtin57
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment