• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 30, 2018

    Accounting When the client tells you their new Mercedes is 100% business use, but their business requires no travel

    Accounting When the client tells you their new Mercedes is 100% business use, but their business requires no travel


    When the client tells you their new Mercedes is 100% business use, but their business requires no travel

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    When it's intern season

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 06:36 PM PDT

    That work-life balance

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 07:18 PM PDT

    Why do clients dislike auditors but like tax accountants?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:08 AM PDT

    I noticed that clients were nicer to tax people but were pretty mean to auditors. Why is this?

    submitted by /u/Kingstarwars
    [link] [comments]

    CPA review textbook = infinity stones

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 05:08 AM PDT

    Can you survive at Big 4 without CPA? Are there any alternatives?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 06:10 PM PDT

    I've been taking CPA exams for almost 2 years now and just failed my 14th exam. I've tried different study methods and study schedules, but I seem to be plateauing in the 71-74 range. I'm sure it's possible to pass eventually, but I'm burnt out... I'm just so frustrated and can't take it anymore.

    I work in tax at a big 4 firm and I'm about to start my 2nd year. I know my time is limited here without the CPA, but I don't want to leave so soon if I can avoid it. Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone had success getting promoted with an unusual certification or a special arrangement?

    Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hikingmaster615
    [link] [comments]

    How useful is it to learn SQL, VBA and other coding techniques?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 02:48 PM PDT

    I start at a Big4 (Audit) in January next year and I am looking to learn some skillsets to prepare me for the role. I am a pretty techy guy who likes efficiency and I hear that these techniques would make my life easier when analysing big data.

    Any insights and suggestions are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/robrelleveb
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren’t more people doing their own firm

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:24 PM PDT

    I couldn't stand my big four job. I was overworked, made hardly any money, and felt trapped. I now work with clients I love and more than tripled my income within 2 months of being on my own.

    Why do you think people "stick it out" in public accounting? The partners seem miserable and make no where near what one could make out on their own.

    submitted by /u/leadwithpassion
    [link] [comments]

    Are site visits a big deal for recruiting?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 06:09 PM PDT

    There's a "corporate site visit" next month at KPMG that i found through my university job website. Are these a big deal for recruiting potential interns/hires, or are they just to get a "meet the people and see the culture" sort of event? Not just what to expect.

    I've searched this sub and found that office visits usually happen during interviews, but this doesn't appear to be the case here. They said breakfast would be provided, which leads me to believe it's a relatively casual thing. Any similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/Surb111
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 Travel Accomodations

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    Working for a Big 4 firm in the upcoming fall and was wondering if you typically have a roommate for training and travel clients. I actually don't mind both, but I've reached out to colleagues and got mixed responses depending on when they joined the firm.

    Also, do Big 4 firms have a preferred airline? Or does it all boil down to cost via Amex Travel?

    submitted by /u/kimcheem4n
    [link] [comments]

    I was researching FUTA and I was just wondering how the rest of you go about hiding an erection?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 02:38 PM PDT

    1/3 Life Crisis....

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 05:58 PM PDT

    So I'm 30 and I moved across the country (from east coast to west coast) because I'm starting a top MAcc program in a couple of months. I've been out here for a couple of months already but I'm starting to have serious doubts... The only reason I moved here was to get a BIG4 job. The program is great and out of each graduating class roughly 75-80% get hired by the BIG4. Though, I don't really want to live in this area after I graduate. So should I even do the program? Should I just move home and get the CPA license? I already have 150 credit hours. I'm just wondering if it's worth spending $25-30k on the program when I'm only doing it to get recruited by the BIG4 & have a "big boy" university on my resume/LinkedIn. I feel like I'm lying to myself when I say it's "worth it." Probably because I could just get my CPA, go work at a regional firm, and after a couple of years experience try to get a BIG4 job. What would you do? Maybe I'm just to old for public and I should just go into industry...

    submitted by /u/ikogi
    [link] [comments]

    KPMG done for self review in Australia

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 09:33 PM PDT

    Accounting homework help (I hate being this guy)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 09:24 PM PDT

    Winsor Co. records purchases using a perpetual net method. On May 5 Winsor purchased merchandise on account, $80,000, terms 2/10, n/30. On May 6, Winsor returned $6,000 of the May 5 purchase and received credit on account. On May 31, the balance was paid on May 31. Prepare journal entries for each of the following dates.

    submitted by /u/nickk415
    [link] [comments]

    What is the etiquette when connecting with recruiters or HR personnel on LinkedIn?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    I have an appointment with a recruiter within my organization to discuss some of the career opportunities available within and near the end, I was hoping to connect with her on LinkedIn.

    Should I ask first, or should I just connect with her like two hours later?

    submitted by /u/AmbitiousAssociate
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapest Online Colleges to Get credit needed for CPA

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys, Long story short, I graduated college with a bachelors in accounting with 138 credits to my name. I have passed 2/4th of the CPA and hope to have that done by year end. But I need those dastardly 12 credits before I can be a CPA. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get them from? I don't need any accounting credits.

    submitted by /u/KTurnUp
    [link] [comments]

    How competitive are the students in the SF bay area?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 12:26 PM PDT

    By competitive, I mean if the students look really good on paper. Living expenses are so exorbitantly high relative to other areas in the U.S, that I am looking to work two jobs while going to school.

    I am currently working an accounting related job right now, but I am looking to maybe get a part-time internship with a small CPA firm.

    Not only is it going to help with my living expenses, but I want to gain more valuable experience when recruiting time comes. I still have 1.5-2 more years to go, but I want to be very competitive.

    Any one here working in public accounting or accounting in general in SF want to chime in and give some feedback?

    submitted by /u/AmbitiousAssociate
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 summer internship, drug test?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:06 PM PDT

    I'm 3 weeks into my summer internship and I'm going on a short trip to California this weekend and I've never smoked or done any drugs for over 6 years but I kind of wanna partake in some smoking (just Mary j) and go to Joshua tree national park. I would literally take one hit from a friend and be good for the day/trip since I haven't done it in so long.

    However I still have 3 weeks to go in my internship and if there's even a .000001% chance of them giving me a drug test I'm not gonna risk it.

    I also heard if you haven't smoked in years and literally take a hit or two, it will be out of your system in like a week max, idk how accurate that is...

    Anyway what you guys think?

    submitted by /u/bestthrowawayaccname
    [link] [comments]

    Is CPA [Canada] worth it?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 02:08 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I am an international candidate and currently awaiting my transcript assessment results by CPA Ontario.

    I am at crossroads at the moment wondering whether to pursue the CPA program or not. Have been reading about saturation levels and what not. Cutting right to the chase, is the program worth the investment?

    Also, I wanted an understanding whether it is possible to join a firm which funds the program or reimburses you as a part of their employee welfare activities? If yes, what deliverables do they expect from you? I read about big 4s recruiting employees under the CPA program.

    I am 23 and I have completed my post graduation with finance as my major and currently working at a Big-4. Any tips as to how can I proactively start preparing for the program and what areas should I work upon so as to be prepared in advance and not wait till I get my transcript assessment results.

    Any online study material or information will be really helpful.

    submitted by /u/Fateh94
    [link] [comments]

    Passed all four sections; just got an 88% on Ethics. UGH. What to do?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 01:45 PM PDT

    I am retaking the exact same test again, and didn't guess or was unsure of any of my answers the first go around. It's like I'm gonna just shoot in the dark.

    Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/TillLater
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with my old Pwc offer

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 07:41 AM PDT

    Hi all! Recently I got an offer from Pwc, I went back and negotiated with them and we agreed on some new terms this past Friday. Since next week Pwc is having the entire week off (why aren't many other firms doing the same?), I won't get an updated offer until after next week. My original offer was set to expire next Thur, should I just leave it be?

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/IgotGAAS
    [link] [comments]

    My boss is a procrastinator - is this common?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 11:12 AM PDT

    I work in industry, and I've worked in industry for pretty well all of my career.

    I joined a new company not too long ago, and I've found it very hard to adapt. The working papers from previous years are a mess/missing, so I have to rely on people to help me. There's also been a lot of turnover in my department as well.

    I try and get my boss to help me, but he's often very slow to start helping. He delays things to the last minute (despite me asking early, and reminding). And when we discover there's a error, he expects me to fix at the last minute. At that point, I'm already very stressed out; and am prone to making errors. He also changes his mind on things at the last minute, and expects me to implement those changes at the last minute. It's taken a toll on my personal life as well.

    I've talked to my boss about this (diplomatically), and he says that everywhere he's worked, a last minute rush is common; and that we're actually doing better than in previous years. However, with my previous employer, I've never had this problem on a regular basis.

    I'm now thinking about getting a unionized government job so I'm less likely to face these issues (and if I do, there's always the union to help). However, I'm hesitant about doing this due to the lower pay in government.

    How common are these issues in industry, from your experience? Would the grass likely not be greener on the other side if I looked for another industry job?

    submitted by /u/zindagi786
    [link] [comments]

    [US] How do you think the accounting industry will look like in the next 30 years?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:41 PM PDT

    150 credit hours to get CPA?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:39 PM PDT

    i have a economics degree from a decade ago. If i wanted to take the CPA exam and get a license, would my 120 credits from my economics degree count? I have a bunch of business, eco, stats courses, math, plus other liberal arts electives.
    i know i would have to take another 30 credits or so in core accounting classes. I am hoping i could take undergrad accounting courses since it would cost less per credit than masters level classes.
    who would be best to advise me on what courses would qualify and which courses i need to fulfill CPA requirements?

    submitted by /u/b1gb0n312
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment